Invaders with Mosque Tanks

My Lord! We're being invaded, and the invaders have deployed their fearsome Mosque Tanks against us!

Other urls found in this thread:

amanacer-fiend0.deviantart.com/art/Open-Source-Jihaditron-613004944
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The time has come to unleash our secret weapon.

>Deus Volt

God I can't wait for this book.

That...looks so incredibly metal.

loved this series.

The Turkish rubble are up to no good you say?

We'll beat them back before tea time!

looks pretty cool

I love silly historical anachronism shit like this

prepare for hoardes of no-fun posters though

That cover is sweet in all its corny glory. A pity I don't like Flint's writing, otherwise I'd be excited.

Anyways, deploy the war wagons! Post chariots, war wagons, mobile platforms and all other kinds of weird proto-vehicles!

I love Alternate History. That quadrilogy about aliens with approximately 20th Century tech invading in the middle of World War II was my favorite thing in late highschool/early college.

Worldwar was damn special, the sequel series less so.

>Jihaditron

amanacer-fiend0.deviantart.com/art/Open-Source-Jihaditron-613004944

I know. Wankers.

I love my schlocky alt-fiction I do.

Well, apart from Axis of Time, that shit just got grim by the end.

I mean, Destroyermen managed not to be that bad and THAT series has man eating lizardmen in it.

You know what Alt-History (sort of) scenario I want to see?

War of the Worlds if the Martians had been late by say, 30ish years?

I don't know, I feel like Destroyermans been dragged out to long. Theres like what, 15 books now. I could barely be bothered to finish the last one.

By which I mean the Martians from the book, not the needlessly bullshit martians with energy shields from EVERY War of the Worlds film ever made. I mean, 15 tentacled superbrains with tripod walkers made out of aluminium, Lasers and Nerve Gas launchers vs all of either England during the Battle of Britain, or an England that's beginning to realise that maybe "Peace in our Time" isn't a good thing, or even a possible thing.

Shit, really? I think I was only up to book 6.

Meanwhile the Circle of Fire series from the OP is up to Book what? Twenty? Twenty Five now? I mean at least time is moving on there.
Honestly though I reached a point where I should have stopped reading at the Dreeson Incident and I just kept going. That book is 300 pages of midwest soap opera punctuated at the end by them killing one of the likeable original characters who isn't a mary sue.

Which when it comes to alt-world books involving people from the American South to Midwest is fairly rare.

The Ring of Fire series is my guilty pleasure. I will read every single one of those books, even if they're complete garbage (like the Dreeson Incident). The world is just so fascinating.

All the different authors means that the quality of the books is all over the place. Anything involving the three fa/tg/uy kids or the Tolkien named Kids is golden though.

The Galilao Affair was just a tremendous farce and I loved it as a direct result.

I had an idea one time to write an alternate "history," novel about What If? the Trojans had won the Trojan War. I've always liked the idea of re-interpreting mythology in a somewhat realistic historical fashion, so doing ALTERNATE Mythological History is the next logical step to my mind.

"The blasphemers would take such holy places into BATTLE? HERESY! TO ARMS, BROTHERS! ALLAH SHALL GUIDE OUR LEAD!"

>not mooslem mechs
>implying

>fa/tg/uy kids
>Tolkien kids
Thought they were the same guys?

>War of the Worlds if the Martians had been late by say, 30ish years?
Have you ever read the comic miniseries Scarlet Traces and the sequel Scarlet Traces: The Great Game?

You'd probably like it.

That reminds me of the Island in the Sea of Time series, goddamn Dirigibles bombing Babylon.

Has anyone read any of the recent Emberverse books? I liked the first trilogy, and really enjoyed the building of societies and stuff like that, but by the time the second trilogy came out, besides some enjoyable characters like Vogler and Ingolf, the adventures of Marty-Stu Mackenzie just started to grate on me, so I stopped reading around book 6 or 7. But some of the bits I've heard about the recent books, with Japanese Princesses and heading down towards the California Death Zones sounds like it is getting kind of interest again, is it worth it to get back into it?