Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What kind of cute blinkling would you take as a PC/cohort/waifu/husbando/meido?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pathminder.github.io/base-classes/soulknife-high-psionics-psychic-armory/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

can we not have these fucking degenerate op images/topics please

fug ur shit pic OP

Anyone have the new Villain Codex?

I don't mind anime pictures but at least come up with a question that doesn't make us look retarded.

What's your character's family like?

>Building a cohort for my Warlord
>Starting to REALLY like the cohort
>Like, more than the original character
Uhhhhhhh
Should I
Should I switch?
Umm

What's your Warlord like, what's the cohort like?

How would you make a Ramlethal type character?

Specifically, the two massive swords that do most of her fighting for her.

All three games I've been in have allowed Leadership, but those were all under the same GM. Results varied wildly, though in all cases the GM made the cohort use NPC wealth and the elite Array, which amounts to 15 PB.

>Game 1, GM asked the player interested in Leadership about their backstory, and ended up setting up an entire thing where they were the estranged daughter of a disgraced noble family, with the Cohort being a loyal servant of said family
>GM completely controls the NPC, on account of the player who took leadership being a fucking summoner god damnit you already have what amounts to a million cohorts you greedy whore
>Game 2, the GM is letting the interested player have free reign for the most part, though he is putting logical limits on race and such.
>No idea who's actually going to control the NPC for this one, since the cohort itself hadn't even been finished, and it
>Game 3 I finally decided to bite the bullet and say I was going to shoot for it, but pussyfooted around for a while until the GM basically leapt on top of a hook I left open in my backstory
>it appears as though I'm probably going to end up building and playing the Cohort myself for the most part, on account of the cohort being my character's Elven Warlock Vigilante sister

Psyarm Soulknife||Monk of some kind?

Psyarm for sure.

>What's your character's family like?
Her parents "divorced" when her father, an asshole sorcerer, found out his newborn twins had little to no magical ability. The idea was to reinvigorate her mother's bloodline by mixing with her father's, but it didn't work. Mother had to pack her things and get out of the noble's quarter of the city, shamed by all her "friends." Father married some floozy for political reasons and continues to be a stuck-up cunt, working his way up the ladder via charm spells and such.
Mother moved to downtown area and used what gold she was given to open up an Inn. The Dragon Inn. The sign features a dragon pulling an adventurer into it's lair using a rope. The Inn is doing very well now, so her mother spends most of her time goofing off, when she's not doing paperwork. She's become a very down-to-earth, motherly figure. Nags the inn staff like her own children.
Sister works at the Inn. Aspires to become a famous musician, has her band do shows at the Inn every other evening. She pretends to be "chill" and relaxed, but is secretly a very anxious and socially awkward person.
My character considers the Inn staff her family, too, but that's too many people I won't be typing up descriptions of.

Earlier this year, my group finished up the Kingmaker AP. Several of the PCs (three of them, IIRC, including mine) had Leadership. In most cases, the player controlled their cohort. It was rare for our cohorts to participate in combat, but when they did they were always under control of the player.

The only time I can really think of where the DM assumed control of a cohort is when the PC associated with that cohort sort of betrayed the party, or at least the party's trust in her, and said PC's cohort was no longer willing to serve her (they got a divorce over it, too). However, it's worth mentioning that the player of the PC in question was on board with losing her cohort because it was the only thing that really made sense given the context of the situation. The PC was killed with most of her fellow PCs having no intention to revive her. The party's Druid secretly used Reincarnate to bring her back, but because she had to return to both the party and the kingdom under a new identity, she had zero social connections. The DM let her player trade out the Leadership feat for something else, since it no longer fit her character.

An extension of the fact that the player controls the cohort was the fact that if the player left, so to did the cohort. For example, the Bard's cohort was his Cleric waifu. When the Bard's player semi-officially left the campaign due to IRL stuff, the DM didn't want us to still have access to the Cleric cohort for item crafting and cheaper rezzing.

Also if it's worth mentioning, the players built the cohorts mechanically but the GM spent the cohorts' starting wealth (they were given heroic NPC wealth, although the DM never got around to spending my cohort's wealth so he effectively came into the campaign broke).

My Warlord is a brash, my-way-or-the-highway type of woman. Specializes in slaying big monsters. A bit of a hoarder, carrying 2 bags of holding she chucks anything valuable into. Very CG in nature.

The cohort is a physically frail Bard that aspires to help and entertain people as much as she can. She knows a bit of magic, and is always looking for opportunities to use it to benefit someone. Tries her best to be LG, but ends up acting more NG usually.

The idea, originally, was to be tough warrior woman + cute sidekick, but the sidekick is really growing on me as a character of her own.

A well fluffed SynchSummoner or Soulknife.

I can find Soul Knives but not Psyarms, where can I see them?

pathminder.github.io/base-classes/soulknife-high-psionics-psychic-armory/

Making a level 6 spherecaster with Point Buy.
How retarded am I if I leave my casting stat at 18 post-racial?
I kind of want to spread my stats around.

That is perfectly fine.

How many points are you working with? At 25 or higher you should probably have 19 or 20, anything lower and 18 is fine.

25PB, yep.
I guess I should go for 20 then, huh?

Alright I'm just gonna post a short summary and if anyone wants to read the full backstory to give me feedback and critique that would help me a lot.

Shalelu's younger half-elf sibling has a reckless human mother who is a bad parent. When an extraplanar parasite embeds itself into the young child's shoulder, her mother takes her on a dangerous adventure/journey to find a cure. Cure is never found, and the child develops interpersonal interaction issues on top of looking like an eldritch horror hybrid.

Her character development would revolve around struggling against choices she had little to no say in during her upbringing.

Well like I said, a 19 is fine because at level 4 you can put another point in and get that +5. Using your points from levels is better than using your points from point buy.

How to terrify people from the past
Show him a drone with an Ipad on it and vape a weed consentrate which you inform him is now legal because the president's black.

We are hands down the most retarded general on Veeky Forums though

If you get to choose your casting stat, as an Incanter, is there ever any reason to not pick WIS?
Perception + Will saves is fucking phenomenal.
INT has skills I guess, and CHA is trash.
Right?

>We are hands down the most retarded general on Veeky Forums though
Reminder there was a paizocore-only PFG for a while

Rolled 3, 5 + 4 = 12 (2d6 + 4)

Don't mind me just rolling something for Divine surrogate mother.

Character Concept.

Sometimes you want to be a smart motherfucker or a charismatic motherfucker.

As opposed to a wise motherfucker.

What was that, just Paizo shills arguing how broken Jingasa was?

>F-cups
Nice.

Stop that!

>What was that, just Paizo shills arguing how broken Jingasa was?
basically

>somehow still smaller than Onryou

Eh, i suppose being six foot two might have something to do with it, as opposed to 5'5"

You could stuff a Childlike Halfling between those.

Big, noisy, and highly unnatural. Parents are actually PCs from a previous game; Dad is a Chosen One who was made a minor noble for services to the crown, Mom is a savage Abyssal Bloodrager who singlehandedly keeps their town safe from monsters and bandits via crushing fear. They have half a dozen kids, with more on the way, all of whom have manifested some form of divine or arcane ability, which they mostly use to get into trouble-the character in question is the eldest.

>he says while posting elf with the lewdest legs

Equally massive father, of typical Minkaian samurai demeanor.

Mother is a dainty Minkai nadeshiko human.

Is there a Domain or Bloodline power that grants a mental stat to AC?
I can't find one.

Lore mystery lets you do Cha to ac

F cups on a 5'5 woman with childbearing hips and a big bubble booty look a lot more appealing than H cups on a huge red skinned Oni.

Probably got fat puffy nips for maximum motherliness.

Riftwardens who disappeared shortly after her birth! Her foster parents though were gentle and caring.

I'm playing Wrath of the Righteous, save me.

dunno how to stat ramlethal herself, but the massive swords are probably just intelligent massive swords with a high CL and at-will telekinesis

Wife died in a landslide while he was working the quarry.

Son ran away from home years before, to become an adventurer and not be stuck in the quiet mining town

So now my Barb has nothing much left to live for, and does merc work to fuel his new drinking problem and fun a way to end it while still being useful.

Except now he's joined the party, he's decided to make himself the surrogate father for the party wizard and keep the young lad safe while he fights a merc war with the Aspis Consortium.

Lunar mystery lets you do so much more

Surprised there aren't any awoos in the game with Lunar mystery Cha-fuckery

You're god damn right... though huge muscles have their own appeal.

Does Scaled Fist and Lunar mystery oracle stack?

Oh I'm sure that any awoos that joined would have a different kind of fuckery.

In other news, are there any known cults in the greater Varsia region that want their gods resurrected or given flesh?

I need a cult to try to nearly kill Amalthea for Koya to rescue.

Depends on whether you're a dedicated caster or a gish-type. You can get away with a lower casting stat in spheres, especially if you don't have too many SoD effects.

For evil cults and corrupt motherhood, you can't beat Lamashtu!

And yes, there's an active Lamashtan cult in Varisia.

They're no longer around though

Which mean we win out in the race for most retarded.

They made Lambda.

Nice.

What about towergirls general though

They are Kawata Shijo levels of retarded.

Yeah so we're fine

>tfw I had to explain to them why a slutty princess isn't actually a bad thing or makes her "worthless" as a lover

/ksg/ is the most retarded general on all of Veeky Forums. We couldn't be that bad if we tried.

So! Did you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving, /pfg/? Are you excited for the weekend?

We're still less retarded than /vp/

so I have a topic. How do you build theme'd spell lists when you play a prepared caster? Wizard for instance. Do you do it by school? Subschool? Element? Narrative theme?

I normally do it by school and tell myself 75% of my spells will be from that school. Do you all put similar limitations on?

I always theme my spell lists for "ultimate cosmic power" by powergaming and cherry picking the best spells

Is that a challenge?!

no, it isn't
don't even try
it's impossible to get to that level now
they're too far ahead

Usually school or element.

I had a super awesome Thanksgiving, lots of food and merrymaking! Lots of it! We ended the night with Prince of Egypt and an interest in getting the folks watching Game of Thrones!

This weekend is the knightly quest of knighthood, but Sunday is going to be sooooo lazy.

What's /ksg/?

Kitsune Shota General?

go for a kind of wizard i want to achieve. Build my spell list around it.

Example: wanted to play a demonologist last game. Got all the magic circles, planar bindings, etc.

I'm still totally amazed there's only one kitsune applicant for that game, and that he is neither a crossdressing trap, a shota, nor a fat-chested slut.

Is there such a wonderful place?

He's a true hero, user.

Katawa Shoujo General.

Aren't we still better than those ded thred generals like the 4e and Planescape ones?

My guess was Kickstarter General, a place to talk about and shill new Veeky Forums-related Kickstarters.

Sounds like it would make for an incredibly retarded general.

Is he the hero /pfg/ needs, or the one we deserve?

Two questions.

1) How long ago did the Kaijitsus move to Varisia?

2) Is there a family tree of the Kaijitsus somewhere?

About to start a game, and GM said that Tome of Battle from 3.5 was allowed. If I want to be a higher tier martial, do I still go Warblade? Or has it been outpaced?

Oh gosh that picture is ADORABLE.

The latter, /pfg/ deserves to rot for the things we've done, but he protects us still.

I have an answer to both those things, but I'm phoneposting.

That said, I know for a fact the Kaijitsu family used to live in or around... god dammit, I want to say but it would be spoilerific! Just know they were a founding family of Sandpoint.

What about a kitsune shota pretending to be a MILF using shapechanging in an attempt to seem more worldly and knowledgeable?

I skimmed the Brinewall Legacy, so I know they fled Minkai, but I'd prefer to get the specific questions answered rather than have to go looking and spoil myself more.

Well remember, your Spell List can often expand past your usual level amounts through study and paying cash to active new spells.
As for themes, that's personal for the character type, but what I usually do is pick 25-60% thematic utility, and the rest combat stuff

Okay, so! My specifics are a teensy bit hazy, but they arrived in Avistan around 4650 AR and the important guy you're thinking of in Brinewall Legacy is Lonjiku's father or grandfather.

You'd think there'd be some cultural disdain for shapeshifting because of stuff like this. All the pervy Kitsune would just have their human forms be thicc titty monsters.

Sounds more like it would lead to a cultural disdain for perversion.

Are there many/consistent undead foes in Rise of the Runelords?

What's your favourite holiday?

I like New Years Day. I get birthday fireworks and alcohol!

>tfw you don't know if you want to go with aasimar archon-blooded awoo because you like aasimars or maybe ride the meme wave and go blinkling (they also have very nice racial traits)

And now this guy made me realize that I can still go back to my original draft and pick zenko kitsune.

>Monk of the Healing Hand
>True Sacrifice
>All dead allies within the 50 foot emanation are brought back to life, as if they were the subject of a true resurrection spell with a caster level equal to the monk’s level. When the monk does this, he is truly and utterly destroyed. A monk destroyed in this way can never come back to life, not even by way of a wish or miracle spell or by the power of a deity. Furthermore, the monk’s name can never be spoken or written down again. All written mentions of his name become nothing more than a blank space.

Holy SHIT
Anyone know more stuff like this? Doesn't matter what class, even if it's 3pp.

Me i'm just sitting here.

I don't do holidays or days of significance.
The way I see it all days are equally insignificant.

Halloween, no doubt about it

There's Halloween in Golarion?

Sure there is. It's just got a different name.
This is Paizo we're talking about.

edgy

For extra fun it stacks with Sensei Monk, which allows you to activate your ki powers on your allies. With no save.

Be /pfg/'s first blinkling player!

So you could potentially obliterate a teammate from existence for a full-party rez?

Fascinating.

I'm tempted to ask what the fuck is a blinkling but I'm too afraid.

user, that wasn't an invitation to make one of those stereotypes

Would you rather call them all equally significant?