Bros

I was inspired to make this after seeing this card.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan#Ancient_and_medieval_Japan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuckin' Gaius and Aulus.
Coolest bros in Pompeii.

Please tell me that card text is real (on the left). wtf

Yes, it's real.

>we wuz GAY greeks n sheit

Daily reminder the statues are reversed compared with the original card.

why the fuck can the gays just fuck off already? why cant i have one thing that isnt ruined by fags? why do they have to inject faggotry into fucking everything?

Don't worry, the pendulum is swinging back now.
2017 is going to be a great year, now that the liberal bubble has burst.

get with the times you ancient faggot. Companies put diversity in their products because its good for business. If you can't recognize that and you want literally everything to pander solely to your demographic and nothing else, you have the mind of a child, and a retarded petulant child at that.

>One of them has to be black because SJWs objectify people with black skin
Does anyone else find it ironic that the same people who think it's sexist and objectifying for attractive women to be on a magazine cover constantly shove people with black skin into sexual contexts in every form of media because they have an obvious chocolate fixation?

Cause its 2016! If they don't pander then they are obviously racist/sexist.

Thank god hopefully the fall of this SJW shit is going to fall soon now that people are fed up with it.

Honestly it was this reason alone this made me believe this was more SJW crap being shoved onto us.

MUH SJW BOOGIEMAN WOOO
see

Mee too. I'm 100% fine with gay greeks, that happened. I would have done them as bash bros instead of gentle lovers, but whatever. It's the fact that one of them is a BLACK gay greek that pushes it beyond what can be reasonably expected. That what makes it stop being wizards just including gays because why the hell not, to wizards including gays because gotta appease that tumblr audience.

as of 2015 there are a total of 16449 different magic cards and yet your autism won't let one of them feature a gay person. Like it's a piece of cardboard with some art on it, grow up your boys club bullshit isn't getting ruined because of this.

The same can apply to these people. Not everything has to pander to every demographic. And if the SJW's don't get their way they freak the fuck out.

And as I said it was the fact that the gay lovers are a black and white person. If it was one or the other I wouldn't of been suspicious but this is obvious.

>boys club

I'm sorry your daddy raped you, but you can take your tumblr sensibilities and fuck off

>Legendary Creature - Human Bros

And here comes the "progressive" slave fetishists doing damage control. What's it going to take to make you realize that you are in fact the racists? Using people for their traits instead of respecting them as people is what real progressives have been preaching for years. Then you come along and WHOOPS! Get on that cover hotblack! Your skin is perfect for this card!

That really comes down to how planes operate. I've always thought of themed planes (like theros or innistraid) as being a normal world that just adheres to a different ruleset.

Like instead of ancient Greece being a small part of our world for a small period of time what if the entire world was that way forever. That way all races exist but only the one culture does.

>Wahhh why are you bringing up race/sexuality when I was the one to bitch about it in the first place.

Will you faggots quit it with your revisionism already? There were no "gay" greeks, because "gay" is something you need to identify yourself as, and it was only in the last two centuries that the idea of "immutable, inherent sexuality" even developed. The people of the past wouldn't even be able to comprehend the idea, especially because even societies that tolerated homosexual acts still frowned on the men who didn't also have sex with women and sire children.

The Greeks had a negative attitude towards adult-adult homosexual acts, and only really permitted pederasty, which was pedophilic molestation that prohibited penetration.

$1000 we'll never see a white male/asian female couple in Magic ever.

>Wahhh why are you calling me out on my blatant fetishization of people because of their skin tone I want to be a racist in peace!
You should try joining /pol/ or reddit you regressive stain on humanity

How many bestiaphiles and pedophile cards are there? If you get to force your sick fetish into the game, why stop at your grossly unnatural lusts and not include animal and children fuckers as well?

I've heard they already made an autogynephile card, so they're already on their way down the slope

but here lies my problem with your logic, you claim to not care about race but when it's a black person suddenly it's a problem. you bemoan how often SJWs pull the race card but you pull it just as often, albeit for a diffrent reason.
Besides this character is literally nothing, to the point where the average player probably doesn't even know which one is which.

> this character is literally nothing
It's literally an advertising point for WotC. That's what makes it exploitative, silly regressive.

I guess racists really are blind to their racism.

If the regressive left didn't exist, paradoxically, this card would be fine. But this card wouldn't exist if not for them, because the fact that it's a mixed race gay couple groping each other makes it obvious that this was made to cynically pander to a certain audience. I'm fine with gay couples in magic, I'm gay with mixed race couples in magic (aren't chandra's parents a mixed couple?) and in principle I'm fine with them combined, but when the first gay couple in magic is also mixed race and visibly groping each other and talking about how great their love is it's obvious that wizards doesn't actually care about representing different groups in magic, they're just doing this to appease tumblr, which I feel disrespects the core idea of expanding the diversity of the cast. They go from "A gay couple" or "A mixed race couple" to "the token gay couple" or "the token mixed race couple" by making them exclusively about their sexuality or other easy-to-digest "progressive" traits.
TLDR: Not including any gays is less disrespectful than including token gays, because there could be actual in-setting reasons for there not being gay couples, while a token anything is always shitty storytelling.

Just make Jace gay or something. Maybe someone will start to like him then.

so you have to google "new gay magic card" for anything to turn up, that's one hell of a underground marketing campaign.

>you have to do the thing you chose to do, that makes me correct
Fucking hell. You people really will do anything to avoid self-awareness.

Please, stop being a regressive left yourself. Magic is for children ages 13+ and up, and they should not be subjected to disgusting fetishes presented as wholesome.

Well, as wholesome as two dudes unable to stop touching each other even for three seconds is.

Guys this card is low key brilliant

think about it with SJW's and shit cracking down on Veeky Forums stuff WoTC picks a commander from one of the new ones, slaps this gay shit on it, and then proceed to point at it whenever people complain about how magic is for white men.

It's brilliant and the more everyone talks about the better WoTC looks.

I play a card game, and chat with random people on an imageboard about it. I asked about getting into the lore, but I was told by most everyone on the image board that it was more trouble than it was worth, but I still read bits and pieces on the wiki because I love the history of the Gods from Theros and Fungus monsters.

I really enjoy this game.

Yeah just like Dolemite was low key brilliant and totally not remembered as blaxploitation.

So, are you actually just anti-gay? Or just against them groping each other on this card. I honestly cannot tell.
My point is that you have to introduce this shit with tact to do it right. Just have it mentioned as a side note in one of the stories that a character is gay and leave it like that. No huge coming out party, no card showing them groping someone, none of that shit. Straight characters aren't defined solely by their sexuality, so why the fuck should gay characters be.
This is why I'm against forcing gay characters into everything, it's because it creates boring 2D characters who's only character trait is that they're "the gay one". Treat your work with some fucking pride, excuse the pun, and make your characters more than stereotypes.
The problem, of course, is that sjws are defending this card essentially saying that a stereotype is better than nothing. Because white knights don't actually care about racism, they just care about not looking racist.

That's true but this is just a touch more tasteful in the eyes of the SJW's.

Instead of le wacky kung fu negro it's a powerful interracial gay couple.

>The only thing that is important about me is my skin color and how much I crave penis
So powerful! So meaningful! Wowwwwwwwwwwwww

You're ten times worse than just the faggots who try to shove it everywhere, because you're hoping to try and establish a false-equivalency with them and heterosexuals,

Gay people suffer from a disease. The reason it ends up defining them is because it's a fetish that can't be indulged without broadcasting it to other people.

They belong in media in just the same way pedophiles do, as jokes and villains.

that's the thing, it isn't.

But it doesn't have to be. as user shows us the number one site celebrating this card is a LGBT website. It doesn't have to be meaningful or powerful all it needs to do is be there and SJW's will suck it's dick.

Well, let's hope that the actual gay people and black people get tired of straight white fetishizing regressives soon and call them the fuck out

Do you think ramesh and Kumar should have partner?

What the fuck is this guy even talking about? Is this an issue? Or are your repressed sexual desires bubbling up? I'm not even trying to take a jab at you I'm just trying to figure out what relevance what you just said has. So for clarity: In my earlier statement I was responding a guy saying he doesn't want gays in magic, and I said gays are in magic because they think diversity sells more cards, so get over it

Ah, so you are a homophobe.
At least I know where we both are now.
God bless you Veeky Forums.

But get this at my LGS there's a gay guy and we were joking around with him about the card. He just straight up said "I don't care they're gay" his husband doesn't care actual gay people don't care but the loud SJW's care and they care for all the wrong reasons. they don't care if the character is well represented or makes sense, all they care about is A: is the character non white and B: does the character like the dick.

and those SJW types are the same one who write the articles in the vein of "40k fans are all fascists" and they're the ones WoTC has to throw the bones to.

The real issue with this thread is that you have"
1) people who aren't happy unless they're salty about something.
2) People who hate WOTC with a boundless passion and will gripe about anything Wizards releases.
3) Mixed political views that should never come up because this is a board for traditional gaming.
4) Americans. I'm American myself, but would you PLEASE shut the fuck up about Everything!

>gay people lie

WHAT?! You don't say. Tell me more about how a gay person told you something and you believed them.

>"BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER"

Gee. Thanks, mods.

i dont want everything to pander to my demographic, i want this one thing that was for white straight males for almost 2 decades now to stay that way. fuck people of color, fuck fag, and fuck SJWs. magic was made popular by white males, we do not need others in our game

>If you hate eating poison or hate the people selling poison to children you are a poisonphobe
I love this meme so much

They should have a pretty girl whom they both like. Ramesh would pursue her in a normal fashion, but he's constantly getting Tripped up by Kumar's attempt at wooing her: building her some huge impressive and completely impractical device that runs amok.

Hardly. I fall in the category of "I have gay friends, but I don't bother in following along with their attempts to rebrand their fetish."

If you're gay, you're on the same level as a guy who fucks goats as far as I'm concerned, except the guy who fucks goats at least still has the decency to be ashamed about it outside of Scotland. And no, I don't hate people who fuck goats, but I'm also not going to pretend what they do is sane, wholesome, or healthy.

where did I infer that gay people lie.

also are you American by any chance?

I meant the new weird keyword from commander.

Imply. Not infer.

I'm sorry English isn't my first language now answer the question

Oh, in that case, Fuck Yeah!

Though I would still love to see Ramesh and Kumar in a 4koma series with a love interest.

I'm not the guy you were asking. I was just letting you know that you fucked up

so what you're saying is that wizards is using this as a selling point because two websites (candid slice being what appears to be a buzzfeed esque blogger website) and a website that will literally report on ANYTHING lgbt had articles about it.

Now those two websites have 250k-300k monthly readers and even if all of them played magic it would only be roughly 4% of the players in America alone. and for a normal person to see the articles they would have to type "new gay magic card" because searches without the word new only turn up the candidslice article. Which was written in 2013 and was talking about a completely different card (guardians of meletis)

Now your crop job was what gave away your total lack of evidence because even if someone were to google exactly those 4 words theres only 2 articles that actually show up. the next two down are the urban dictionary page for magic and a forum thread talking about making a deck with "gay" combos.

fuck me user I'm triggred

>By hyperfocusing on the way you searched I've magically proven you incorrect!
Again, it never ceases to amaze me how you silly regressives will do absolutely anything to avoid any amount of self-awareness.

Enjoy your obvious fetishization of minorities, just know that you're as obvious as furfags and pedophiles and frankly just as repulsive.

>OP makes an amusing edit
>hoping for more MtG edits
>thread instead descends into political shitflinging
What happened to you Veeky Forums? You used to be cool.

Interestingly enough the feeling that MtG used to be cool is exactly what prompted this discussion.

They already did this shit with Alesha, don't act surprised.

>"They"
Look everyone, it's my favorite SJW cultist trait!

You are a literal manchild.

Humans and other animals have exhibited homosexual traits for millions of years. You're just a homophobe.

>crying about gays in a not!Greek setting

This is my favorite meme, right after "Greeks were white"

How many humans and other animals have forced the idea of a static gay culture?

Oh, just us? And just since the advent of cultural marxism?

Gee I guess that means that your appeal to nature is just more leftist bullshit then doesn't it?

And the really priceless thing is that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it

but you understand if conservatism takes hold in themainstream Veeky Forums will become pro liberal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan#Ancient_and_medieval_Japan

Do you want to skim it or should I explain it to you like the child you are

You're a fucking bore. Piss off to /pol/.

>muh c-cultural marxism

literally /x/ tier bullshit.

Gee look guys, they're angry that they're wrong

Sorry for invading your safe space. What are your pronouns, by the way?

I've spent months trying to figure out Veeky Forums's political identity, and you just summed it up to me. We're Contrarians.

Attack the argument, not the person. With your final statement I think the percent chance that you're just trolling is high enough that I don't need to bother with you anymore

Yes, and?
Speaking apolitically, conservationism holds power until things get bad. When people start looking for a solution to the problems facing them, they turn to the liberals. Then you have a series of competition while the liberals attempt to offer a solution to the problems that they can convince people will work.
When a solution is found, the liberals take power.
When problems begin occurring as the liberals attempt to institute new, unneeded change, then the cycle repeats with conservatives struggling to take power

In short,
>when things are good, conservative government exists
>when things are bad, liberal governments are sought in order to fix the problems
>when things return to being good, the conservatives return too

The problem is that, in American politics at least, people think liberal = Democrat and conservative = GoP, which isn't necessarily true.

Trump was very much the liberal candidate of this election, as he was offering more change.
Veeky Forums has long had both the lads who don't want anything to change, and the lads who do want thing to change. The commonality is that the vast majority of lads have disagreed with the change being offered by the Democratic party.

As the other user says, we're contrarians.
We want what's different, but we disagree with what everyone else wants. Trump just so happened to align with that.

If someone wants to bitch at me for saying "we" or not using the dictionary definition of "liberal," that's cool. Please give me a (you).

Oh dear it got mad

GUISE I WANT TO BE A PART OF THE ARGUMENT TOO!

GAYS ARE BAD AND WIZARDS ARE SHILLS

GAYS ARE FINE AND WIZARDS NEED CAPITALISM BECAUSE THEY EAT GOLD.

I love playing kings prison just to farm that sweet, sweet NaCl
People don't like gay cooties and people like actually playing the game. Jokes on them, right?

haha this guy's so mad

When it hits the point that both sides are just calling the other mad, maybe it's time to stop arguing.

i think that's the joke

>WIZARDS NEED CAPITALISM BECAUSE THEY EAT GOLD.

Alright, fine, I kek'd, here's a (You)

Dude, there's nothing inherently wrong with one of them being black.

The problem arises, you see, from the hair fondle.

So tender.

Point being, it's fucking OTT and of course it's interracial with the white guy being shorter and submissive.

>destruction of traditional values is a conspiracy! xDDDD
meanwhile in every fucking pop culture and platform of media

youre either delusional or retarded

Wait... You mean this entire argument wasn't because our Gay Greek couple didn't have the ideal power-bottom we all so wanted? Why am I even here then?

Spot on mate.

Rape is found in every species in nature. Consent is only found in one. Who's unnatural now?
;^)

rape harms one party, but nice try ;^)

>implying that Plato didn't state that darker skin is more masculine, and white skin more like the gods

Then again, Huffpost things "cuck" is a racist term. Everyone is turning all kinds of retarded.

this caught me off guard.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE why are there gays in my greek themed children card game set

Holy fuck you "people" are pathetic and retarded

>"The Jews are going to force me to suck black dick I swear, This is the first step in their master plan guys!"

If the only problem is that it's a marketing ploy, why do you really care? Just ignore it, let them pander. If they feel like they have to reach for the regressive left to make sales quoatas, you should just buy more cards.

I think this card is meant to mirror Anax and Cymede, which shows a couple as a pair on the card.

Also, the characters represented on the card already come from established lore. They're basically the couple Guardians of Meletis depicts.

I see three distinct styles of glasses in those examples. The second image isn't even thick-rimmed glasses, those are just regular people glasses.

Second image (Hamburger Helper) really doesn't fit by the glasses design. But she's perhaps the worst of the lot.

How is that related to my post at all?