>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOvql835HcE
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/New?_requestid=12387895
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Go to a lgs tournament back in Match
>Make a pretty decent Necron list
>First guy I'm up against has Orks converted to resemble some Admech stuff and runs them as a war convo
>He also has space wolves as his allies
>I end up eating shit super hard
>Current day
>Looking up some ITC stuff for another tournament
>Learn that the guy I played against is the number one ITC player

What's the difference between Altar of War, Eternal War, Maelstrom of War, and Echos of War mission types? What other mission types are there?

So I've heard around 1d4chan that there is an easy way to speed paint necron warriors and I was looking to see if anyone knows a little more detail to the method?

It's supposed to be Prime / Dip / Detail

But how exactly does a dip work? Which paint do I buy? Is it the washes? I'm completely new to painting, and I just wanted to start with something easy so I can at least have a few points to play with at my new FLGS. (Been playing with friends for a while, unpainted)

Prime black. Basecoat silver. Slap on black wash. Drybrush silver.

Ta-dah.

Anyone have any games planned this weekend?

Working on any cool new additions for your armies?

I have a 2k game v Tau tomorrow and yesterday had a great game against my cousin's IG at Thanksgiving.

Yesterday was my first time using troops, having ObSec and using metal bawkses so it went pretty well.

I ordered three sets of TL Ass Cannons for my razorbacks instead of my current TL Las Cannons.

i think i'll hang out at a gw tomorrow, i would've gone today but this cold is making me tired and i'm working on some design work

Give it to me straight Doc: Is footslogging Eldar even remotely possible without wanting to kill myself?

Hey thanks user.

Oh for god's sake.

Okay, spray black.

Spray leadbelcher.

Cover the model in nuln oil with a brush, not by bloody dipping it.

Drybrush necron compound.

Then do gun casing either black or your dynasty's colour. The middle part of the chest also black.

Take green, brush just the raised sigil on the chest in the area you just made black. Dot the eyes green, and make the cable on the gun green too.

Then you're either done, or you can paint the shoulders in your dynasty's colour, nuln oil them shaded, add an edge highlight of one shade brighter than the first shade you used.

Where can I buy this?

>Chaos black spray
>Boltgun Metal drybrush
>Re-paint details black
>Add green bits

Dipping is a speedpainting method that literally uses Miniwax Polyshades wood stain as an all over shade.

Don't start with dipping unless you really don't give a fuck. Necrons are easy enough to paint as it is. Just follow the WarhammerTV tutorial. There isn't even much edge highlighing. You can leave out some of the final highlight steps if they're too hard for you:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOvql835HcE

I take back my complaints about Space Hulk Deathwing being yet another space marine game. Watching the trailer, it looks much, much better than Space Marine or Eternal Crusade. It actually looks like it will represent the lore correctly.

Who has the beta and can tell more about it?

Anyone know any online retailers with good 40k sales for Black Friday/Cyber Monday? I just came into some spending money and I need metal boxes for my Greenwing and Darkshrouds for my Ravenwing.

Magnus & Rubic preorders are up folks. Try not to lose your shit over the kiwi prices.

Cyclops looks best.

I want to know if the story mode is worth playing.

Also if you can just play with bots on your team so I don't have to deal with matchmaking.

I am pretty sure of the latter.

neckbeard+mohawk option when

>Try not to lose your shit over the kiwi prices.

1 New Zealand Dollar equals 0.70 US Dollar

To save people the google.

Sorry, that was a little rude.

I only said "oh for god's sake" in reference to dipping. That is not a proper painting method even for just casual labor saving methods.

The best labor saver is actually having a base spray coat close to the majority colour of your model. It's a real godsend to not need to do the tedious initial coverage step and just get onto the fun parts of painting.

It's not necessary but I've had great luck doing eyes in a flat colour, laying a second colour over the centre and washing with Nuln Oil, which is basically magic in a pot. It's a quick and dirty way to get a decent colour gradiation in the eye slot without going insane on highlights.

can someone identify what this is ?
it looks like a resin shadowsword but it doesn't look like the forgeworld ones and it doesn't look like the plastic ones either
is it third party ?

armorcast shadowsword

pre-forgeworld

thanks for the answer user
so from a quick google this is a liscenced product and wouldn't get me banned from the local gw right? it's pretty damn sexy in it's own way

Wait for Orks to do a made to order run. I'm sure it will make the cut.

Cyclops actually looks less hype than I hoped.

The mask concealing his real face is clearly the best and most thematic option, fitting in with Rubricae and offering both the appearance of a one-eye-closed face as well as the possibility that behind it he's a real cyclops now.

That mask is awesome.

Can someone please explain this picture

>as well as the possibility that behind it he's a real cyclops now.

He's a daemon of tzeentch. He has as many eyes as he feels like having.

worst that'll happen is people will ask you where it's form and you can give a little history lesson

Armorcast sculpts look a little out of place next to modern miniatures, though. They're more at home with 2nd edition stuff.

I wish I had plans for the weekend. Honestly, I don't know why I even bother with them anymore. My LGS is cool as shit, and we're trying to get shit going, but no one wants to play.

Also, I play sisters. I haven't had anything new to add for quite some time.

Kind of reminds me of something from JoJo.

Only less homoerotic.

Just type "but why" into Youtube

Are Admech/Skitarii fun to play?

Trying to decide on my first army. Narrowed it down to Admech, Necrons, or Chaos.

Admech seem real cool, I like their lore and models, but I'm not sure if I want to bite the bullet and have to buy two codexes.

Combined codex fucking when?

It's a parody of a documentary about penguins. There's some penguin that just fucks off and runs to the mountains to certainly die, and it doesn't make sense.

I guess the point is that the g/morkanaut is a waddly retard that makes no sense and wants to die.

Actually better add Herzog to it.

Or use pic related and wash with black.

Good point.

There are none to my knowledge.

Only discount site I've found that has Black friday sale is Wayland and they don't have any discounts on GW.

And now I know what dipping is, wow.

I watched the whole video, none of that seems too difficult, I think I'm going to try to just follow the whole thing step by step. Thank you! I didn't realize GW made such nice videos, too, I need to watch more.

This sounds a lot like a slightly more simplified version than what's shown in the video. Good tip about the gun casing, I was going to leave it black but a color sounds much nicer!

It's okay, I genuinely didn't know what dipping even was so it's good to get clarification.

Thank you for the input!

I'm trying to make my Overkill characters work in a real DW army.

Sofar I've made the DA wannabe sergeant into a librarian, but I'm wondering how to kit out the assault marines (2x LC and Chainsword/hand flamer) and whether the IH character's combi melta is worth using or if I should just leave the Anti-Tank to melta fisters/frag marines?

>Only less homoerotic.
I dunno. My hand is kinda craving some daemon misbehaving.

Yes, they totally are.

Skitarii chicken walkers are one of the most fun units ever. Charging into combat singing hymns to the Omnissiah with a motherfucking taser lance on top of a giant retarded mechanical ostrich-thing is just so badass.

Admech are badass, fun and decently powerful. They'll be good at fighting most things and are about to get some more stuff from Forge World in March, so there's a cool model or two and a nice power bump if you don't mind a price increase over regular models. Both the codexes are good, and if you aren't playing at a Games Workshop then just nick them from the MEGA in the OP, noone will mind.

>orkz can only win if they pretend to be someone else
A sad day for this hobby, but then again
>ITC

the music really doesn't help

not sure but i'm building my eldar like that. add in an avatar to hold the line with guardians, some artillery and aspects to advance on spots and other skimmers to blow up vehicles

It's how I run mine, decent success rate as long as the enemy doesn't seize the initiative and splatter your overly aggressively positioned units.

>orkz can only win if they pretend to be someone else

Now you know why true Orks hate Blood Axes.

You are no match for my Stand, 「 WE COULD ALL USE A LITTLE CHANGE」

Also I dislike the cyclops eye. It actually makes me feel like crossing my eyes just to look at it. unmasked Big Boss look is best.

What's your first thousand sons shopping list? Your initial preorders?

I'm definitely getting Ahriman, but can't pick between Rubricae and Terminators.

>Cyclops actually looks less hype than I hoped.

I've heard that Nobody likes that version of Magnus.

As a former Tzeentchian turned Khornate, World Eaters when?

>and are about to get some more stuff from Forge World in March

Any news on what stuff this will be, or do we just know something's coming?

Yeah, the fact that they're an elite-but-fragile army, and their whole "pretty mobile but no vehicles" thing seems pretty neat.

I think Ima pick up that Battleforce in december.

Rubricae will almost certainly be the more needed unit to fill out the Decurion, I would start with them.

None yet cause I already have my TS army. But honestly? Probably just Magnus. I have a few conversion/counts-as ideas for the Exalted Sorcerers and Tzaangors, so I'm waiting to get a full view of the codex first.

>World Eaters when?

They kinda just got their own entire codex, user.

Let somebody else besides Khorne get the spotlight for a while.

Will I be publicly flayed for bringing a Knight to 1500?

Also, is a Crusader worth the extra dosh/killbux or will the Errant or Paladin pull it's weight? I love that minigun's stats but that sword looks cool AF.

Pls no FW Knights.

That is true

But muh Angron
(and updated Berzerkers at last)

Probably, but I've never owned terminators before besides one Sorcerer Lord in terminator armour, and I'm pretty excited about them.

Not to say I'm not excited about rubrics too! A massed flamer unit piling out a rhino sounds fucking awesome!

Not usually, no. 1500 is where you should start seeing them, most people will bring enough to deal with it without list tailoring.

Crusader definitely pulls it's weight, depending on what you want it to do. It really shines at just about everything except very heavy AT and AA.

I just want to see rules for 1k sons, since that might be a decent indicator of what Traitor Legions will look like.

Honestly as a non-Chaos player it feels pretty good to see them finally get a new Legion Codex with fully updated models and unique rules/Decurion stuff. I would almost feel compelled to start a 1ksons army myself if I wasn't already working on AdMech and GCults.

Happy 4 you dudes.

Betrayal at Calth. I'm gonna make a Tsons army with 30k bits and color scheme with minimal conversions. I have Ahriman already, I'll get Exalted Sorcerors and maybe Magnus. I'll need to get Disc bits though, I'll magnetize Ahriman and the Sorcerors to them.

I may be a slowpoke but custodes pimp-mobiles have arrived

forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/New?_requestid=12387895

i didn't :(, could you explain it?

I just hope it's a step en they way towards Regiments/Klans/Hive Fleets/Craftworld/Cowens

Ikr, it's always good to have more herertics to purge

The Speshul edition.
Then I'm going to wait and see what my formations are before I decide any further.
Baby love him decurions.

DEATH GUARD WHEN

>everything except very heavy AT and AA.
Must be the noob in me but wouldn't the Icarus give it some AA power? And what about the meltagun or inferno cannon for tanks? Seems like IK's lack of access to grav makes TEQ's a bigger problem.

Go read Homer's Odyssey. Culture is good for you.

A book with nine unique and not shit rules for the major Tyranid Hive Fleets would give me an erection for the next half decade.

oh. like the guy on the sheep
that's pretty funny
i should go to bed

I wish you were in my area, I want to play against Ahriman bad. I need some mind-bullet dakka in my life.

No Hive Fleets pls, Nids don't have clubs

SONS OF MALICE WHEN

SONS OF MALICE ONE DAY!

SONS OF COLCHIS WHEN

TRUE SERVENTS OF THE OCTET WHEN

SONS OF AURELIAN WHEN

So why are Custodes allowed to go outside now?

>No Hive Fleets pls, Nids don't have clubs

Well they kind of do....they're called Hive Fleets, which are different tendrils of the hive mind.

I think giving them chapter rules would be good from a gameplay stand-point. Make different Tyranid tactics viable. Want horde? Go Hive Fleet Horde. Want Psykers? Go Hive Fleet Zoanthrope. Want infiltration and fear? Go Hive Fleet Lictor. Etc.

It's not like they have to make them into Space Marines and start writing about how Hive Fleet Ultramar is mad at Hive Fleet Horus for betraying the Hive Mind..

Seeing as Tyranid's whole schtick is evolution, it fits that different tendrils of the fleet would evolve and adapt to the most common threats they happen to be facing.

I already own an extensive Tzeentch Daemons list, and a selection of daemon engines.

Adding some reliable shooting troops to that should be pretty rad. Don't need too much sons stuff because I can majority the Daemons.

Same reason mangus is

>SQUAWK
>DROP THE BIRD SEED

What do?

It gives it *some* AA power, not a lot. Don't mistake it for being able to fill the AA hole in a list, because it doesn't do that. Basically just serves as a deterrent. Bringing along a cheap Stalker tank or something will do much better, mounting the Icarus wastes the slot that could be put towards either of the missile launcher variants.

Meltagun is gimped by the short range, your knight should not be within 12" if it's a Crusader. Inferno cannon is good, but generally people will be running the Avenger and the Cannon on it, because against absolutely anything except AV14 at half the Inferno's range, the Cannon is just mathematically better in every respect.

>tfw I have 3 Daemon Princes

I played tzeentch heavily in 5th with DPs as my ranged anti tank. Now, I can't play them without feeling bad because everything tzeentch has is bullshit.

I want to add thousand sons, but I can't blow my budget on them.

Fucking sucks, man.

When you put it that way it does make some sense, but IMO it makes even more sense that all of them have access to all tools at the same time, seeing that they're one being
This is purely lore-wise tho

Considering a 25lb bag of bird seed is only like 20 bucks.... I drop the bird seed.

>get down and succ his cloaca

Hive fleets don't have tactical schools of thought, they just so happen to be depicted fighting in specific conditions which they have adapted to, that's their thing.

You could maybe have some form of buffs to certain units but not from being part of a snowflake fleet.

>No Hive Fleets pls, Nids don't have clubs
They all operated differently and had distinct personalities.

Behemoth was compact, ferocious and melee-focussed. Kraken was sneaky, stealth-based, widely dispersed, and moved in random patterns sometimes bypassing extremely tasty worlds just to throw off defenders and go back for them later. Jormungandr has some of the most unique recorded tactics of any fleet, going so far as having developed the strategy of screening their mycetic spore drops with asteroid bombardments. Gorgon was highly focussed on rapidly gestating new smaller strains with dynamic adaptations than using large creatures. Leviathan has the greatest focus on flying strains and airborne swarms of any Hive Fleet.

Not to mention Hive Fleets actually fight each other when they encounter each other, so it makes more sense fluff-wise for each fleet to have its own Hive Mind rather than Cruddace's retarded fluff of them all being slaved to one entity with dumb shit like the "Swarm Lord".

>Sure little birdy, i'v got some seed here in my mouth, just come a little closer...

Fuck you man
Just fuck you

>tfw started the game with Eldar
>tfw my choices are "be garbage" or "go Full Cheese"

>Hive fleets don't have tactical schools of thought, they just so happen to be depicted fighting in specific conditions which they have adapted to, that's their thing.

Yes....so therefore, Hive Fleet Zoanthrope, as a product of being in Eldar space, make more psykers to combat the Eldar.

Hive Fleet Genestealer always had a tough time getting mowed down by heavily entrenched Imperial Guardsmen....so they started creating more stealthy units.

Etc, etc. There are no tactical schools of though, just adaption.

>not being aroused by Spiderchan
what are you arachnophobia or something?

I think it's actually the other way around,with Crud adding individuality and what-not,not sure though
And desu Nids without the Hive Mind makes them a lot more boring and less unique

>SQUAWK
>DROP $30

What do?

But why would the Custodes need to get involved again? Surely they're too busy protecting the Emperor

No they fucking aren't.

Eldar, like Tau, are perfectly capable of making balanced armies. The only one's who can't are the mono-build armies like Flyrant spam for Nids. Eldar have plenty of builds because they have plenty of good to decent units.

Their bad rep comes from spamming the disgustingly good units and taking as few of the good units as required.