Making it

What does "making it" mean to you Veeky Forums? Also provide country as cost of living varies greatly.

USA
$2,000,000

Other urls found in this thread:

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/05/29/how-much-do-i-need-for-retirement/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Usa
1 million
Im riding moons all the way to utah

USA
$200

Chile.
$1,500,000

USA
$10,000,000
shit here is way too fucking expensive

Bong here hoping to move to murica within 5 years. Have 100k in crypto right now so $1 million is quite likely by then.

Is $1 million really enough to live on comfortably? Don't houses cost that much?

I feel like $2,000,000 will be "making it" too in America. I live in California though, and if I make it I'm going to move to somewhere in Lake Tahoe. I think it's very possible by EOTY 2018 if I hit moon missions every time.

Just enough to get a gun and end it.

Panamá

you can buy 2 nice houses an European car and live off the interest like a fucking king, you won't even need to touch your initial investment

Nah dude, $2M at 4% is $80,000 a year
And that's a conservative number.
I doubt you spend that much a year unless you're really blowing your money.
A $600,000 house would have costs about 3500 a month max putting it at $42,000
That leaves you with like $15,000 after taxes
Realistically, you'll get more like 6-8% or $120,000 to $160,000

Lithuania
500k I guess, plenty for buying and maintaining a home

if you want to live in a city or a top tier suburb $1,000,000 wont last long
if you want to live in like the middle of Kansas in some small town 1 million will probably set you for life

houses do cost >$1M in tier 1 cities. In tier 2 cities, more like $400-700k. In tier 3 and below, you can buy a decent house for less than $200k.

$1 million would be nowhere near enough to live on the rest of your life, especially when you factor in inflation. $4 million would probably be enough

UK
10M USD

Poland

I think livinf expenses and food is pretty cheap there.

Living comfortably in nordic europe would require double at least

but I want to MAKE it
make it enough that money means hardly anything anymore and I can just live a quiet live in New England doing what I want

usa

I agree with the 4% rule. Details about that concept are here:

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/05/29/how-much-do-i-need-for-retirement/

usa i need 5 mil desu

how's the internet there? Do you get like typhoons that wreck all your shit?

Scandinavian who wants to move somewhere warm

I'm hoping to have about $2 million in 5 years time at least and I'll probably keep it invested and live off dividends of 8% by staking ETH or something else.

Poland $500.000

>houses
You can find mansion tier houses in the flyover states for 1/4th the price of a studio apartment in the city

Dude, if you have $2M, then you don't have to work anymore ever and can live a NEET life

very privileged geography, luckily we don't get hurricanes, no earthquakes, no terrorism. lots of rain the major part of the year and it's fucking hot almost all day everyday.

1 Million GBP. United Kingdom (excl London).

You could live a modest and comfy live of this with smart money management and investments. You would of "made it" in the eyes of many, but you're not quite living the "life of luxury" 24/7.

>drives lambo around in expensive ass city
>pays 20k a month in upkeep cuz city
>gets mugged at first opportunity
>pays 100k in hospital bills cuz city
>goes to impound finds lambo keyyed and littered with traffic tickets
>20% late payment rate cuz city
>drives home, finds house windows smashed
>everythings gone
>police unable to do anything besides keep a lookout for suspects cuz city
>tfw city slicker makes it

monaco
$250 million

holyshit. sounds amazing. Looking up Panama at google now, might buy a house there one day

Posters not factoring in the impact of suddenly having the capital. Maybe if you're lucky and can be a good boy and wage cuck for your life you can end up with a house worth $1m. Suddenly having 1m cash on hand is a different stratosphere of 'making it' to this and isn't comparable. Even people with top tier middle-class jobs will likely never have this sort of money, due to their expenses increasing in proportion to income.

Me:
UK
$1m

I would say 5mil USD.
that way I could get a mega nice house, and get everything set up for life.
Then I am still a millionaire with the leftovers and can do fun shit.

People who say 1M aren't enough are stupid. The point is tokeep that 1M invested, mostly in safe investments, netting you 4-6% a year. Which means you make 40k a year of passive income, which is more than enough to live on if you're not a retard consumerist. This isn't complicated folks

jesus motherfucking christ. I can almost afford one of these apartments!

funny how you can replace city with a different word that begins with an N and the meaning stays the same.

UK
2-10 mill £ depending on area

800k.

I have 15k invested into crypto. What do you think the chances are that I'll make it by 2019?

I just want to be financially independent so I can work on my game instead of wagecucking

Can confirm, I live in the middle of Kansas and $1 million is my goal. Sitting on $160k in crypto, so hopefully not too much longer.

I still want a [spoiler]webdev[/spoiler] job so I'd probably just want 300k and be done with it. It's enough so the mortgage my ma has will be paid off, and then some. If I can earn higher then I'll earn higher if I can.

Dutchfag
€1.000.000

Real talk, Kansas City actually impressed me when I was there a while back. Wasn't expecting much but the Power & Light District has a lot of cool restaurants and bars

Finland
$2M as well

Making it for me is not worrying about bills and ensuring my parents are covered. Maybe around 200k. I also like my job, so I'll do it until I die.

Poland
$5M

I enjoy my work as well, but unless I have a specific goal in mind I find it more difficult to have the incentive to save.

how much money do i need to live a fulfilled life all the way through? i'm 20 and live in australia. currenctly aiming for 2 million.

IDK.
I only seeded $100 and Im up to $1000 but I still feel like shit knowing this will never impact my life much even though Im more savvy then these retards who "make it"

>spic hole
>more than 1M

because 1M is what you need to have for the US investment visa.

Isn't ur goal 2 mil?
People who make it are usually those who held onto bitcoin when it was like 50 bucks and when ETH was like 10 bucks or when LTC was 5 bucks. Just look at their portfolios along with having done this shit for yearssss. Many of us only got into this shit recently. So many angry wojacks, and hopefully those fags learn and be better.

still plenty of time bro

Spain 500k
Just with that you have house with pool you can also buy a flat on barcelona rent it and live the live.

Yes, and I'm working my way there.

Fuck off we’re full

I am American but I live in China and will move to Indonesia soon. "Making it" to life comfortably for 5 years, is seriously only like $100,000, if you're not an idiot. So....that's my goal right now. Then, if I could let 50% of it just sit and grow, I can stick around even longer. After a year, I'd eventually want to work...so I'd probably do that. Teaching is the best over here. 22 hour work weeks, easy job, free housing. It's the perfect setup to really truly "make it" by the time the big storm comes. I suggest all you Americans get your white ass over to Asia and do the same.

>countries have different costs of living
Living off of $2 million in San Francisco/New England is very different than living in Austin/Chicago/Minneapolis is very different than living in Fargo/Iowa/Idaho

lol i just wanna make 30-50k euros, i don't really want to spend the rest of my life doing nothing anyways

sounds nice. how easy is it to get by in China as a gweilo?

10xing my portfolio every year for 10 years.
>at 1k right now. started with 400 usd in october

France
80000€

>white
>implying I'm not planning on taking my black ass out of here the second I can afford to do so and live a healthy NEET lifestyle

Canada.
$1,250,000.
After tax, a million-ish.

Enough to invest in property. Could buy two condos in Toronto, live in one and rent out the other for passive income.

I don't want to quit working but I'd have the freedom to pursue what I love.

Super easy. If you're free from the "gotcha" shackles in America (no baby, no house, car loan), GTFO and join the smart money in Asia. China (despite its air), Indonesia, Vietnam are all super amazing to live in, IMO. I live on $300 / month in the Northeast of China. Can't be beat.

As for being black in America, yeah. Get the fuck OUT.

do you speak Chinese? would it be possible to get by without strong Chinese language skills? what are attitudes towards foreigners (particularly Americans) like there?

Australia, 4 Million AUD.

$5,000,000 is the new $1,000,000 son. Keep up.

Costa RIca Biz Lurker Here.

Also live in north of Costa Rica, near natural thermal waters, scenery and Volcanoes.

Wagecuck as engineer for 2k$ a Month (top Salary here)

Hvae 8K in crypto, ready to put in about 5-6K$ in next 6 months at least.

If i get to about 500K Ill be a king here.

dude, he is obviously one of these 50 cent army shills. Research online, try adv china on youtube to see experiences from ppl who have lived there. Try living somewhere for a few months before making any big commitments.
t. somebody who lived in many countries, the US sucks, but every where else sucks much worse.

I'm gonna cash at half when i reach 1 mil. that will pay taxes and my mortgage.

I'll let the rest ride.

ausfag

Good luck, invite us when you're king of Costa Rica

>LTC: $433
Afraid not, my lad

live in commieformia. hope to acquire at least 1 million so that i can buy some acres of olives or oranges and live as a farmer for the rest of my life

Northeast China absolutely blows. It stinks and it's the home of the super chink bureaucracy. Kinda like Washington DC

Move to SW China (Chengdu or Chongqing). Laid back and has the best looking women

America is a very big country with a lot of realestate.

USA
Comfy?
2 million

Spain
600000€

Just save about 3K$ and come visit sometime.

I know many foreign people (specialy old ones tho) this pensionates comes once and pretty much define this is where they wana spend the rest of their days.

With 100K$ you can get a "high class" house probaably on the semi-rural area you prefer the most.

Hey some say this is the happiest place on earth, dont believe it tho, miserable people everywhere just like in any place on this world.

I could keep on living the way I do now, but without working again, for about 500k, so I'll say that

in California? So that they taxman can take it all and give it to illegal immigrants? When I "make it" from crypto I'm planning on getting the fuck out of Mexico Jr. and moving to a state with no capital gains tax. Fuck giving a penny more than I have to to some greasy politician who will just squander the money on bribing voters with gibsmedats

USA
Double ROI (already acheived)
to really "make it" 1 million

For USA, I'd say making it is around 5mil, but once you have 2 mil it's really easy to make more

Just depends where at.
I live in oc calif and even the ghetto places are over a million. Drive 30mins away and places are half the cost. An hour away in the middle of no where 1/4 of that.
I've rented a 3 Bedroom house before in cali for only 200 a month because it was in the middle of no where.

For me is 200.000.000 USD$ but i think that i wouldnt be satisfaced at that point either, i want to be fucking alxerod.

Germany
legit 1,000,000€
but you can have like 80% of the fun already with 400-600k$. It's only a matter of if you want/need luxury.

Good tier apartment in medium city is like 120k€ and for each 5k€ annual income you need 100k€ and it is very easy to live off 20k€ per year. You don't need to work and can do what you want.

I speak a little. It's honestly very very easy to get by with only a few words. I've been too busy finishing a degree and working on documentaries to really study it, but i'll get on it.

I have spent a ton of time in Chengdu and CQ, and yes, you are correct. The only reason I'm in NE CHINA is I got a good job without a degree, one of the last places you can do that because of their police connections (and my friend is my boss, which rules) .... that was 2 years ago though. *IT IS INADVISABLE TO TRY TO COME TEACH IN ASIA WITHOUT A DEGREE NOW, DON'T DO IT* Also, ALWAYS have your Visa (if China) in your passport (Z visa) BEFORE YOU get on the plane!!! Heed this advice.

usa $2,
>no debt
>$2 for a burger

$6,000,000.00
USA, but if I make it, I'm moving to Mexico so I probably wouldn't even need that much

1 mil.

Im already set to inherit a payed for 700k house have a car etc. Just need money to be a stay at home dad NEET and blast gear and do fun shit the rest of my life.

MO USA

France
400 000€, a PhD, a house and a sexually submissive Vietnamese wife

usa, $10,000 profit would be it for me. if i can hit that, then i'll consider myself done.

this is how it works, right? you win then you leave?