Coinbase 2018 speculation thread

Coinbase says they are going to add a bunch of altcoins in 2018. Let's speculate on what they might be thinking of adding.

Chances are they will NOT be adding any privacy coins. See the statement issued the other day by the SEC Chairman. They will be too afraid of running afoul of AML/KYC rules and suffering a regulatory buttfucking.

Coinbase, meanwhile, is a YC company. So are Quantstamp (QSP) and Request Network (REQ). Both, however are priced in the pennies, which optically I think works less well in their favor. So maybe those are out too.

Many people have suspected that Ripple could be an addition. But again, it's a penny coin--despite having an $18 billion USD market cap (kek)

Bitcoin Cash is another possibility, but would be very confusing to normies seeing it alongside regular Bitcoin.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereumworldnews.com/many-altcoins-will-added-coinbase-2018-says-ceo-brian-armstrong/
reddit.com/r/GolemProject/comments/6ab6ew/deleted_post_golem_soon_on_coinbase/
blog.coinbase.com/a-beginners-guide-to-ethereum-tokens-fbd5611fe30b
blog.coinbase.com/update-on-bitcoin-cash-8a67a7e8dbdf
twitter.com/cryptoluciano/status/941096812886351875
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ripple and iota seem like good bet

so coinbase has only been able to do 2 or 3 transactions a min for the past hour

NEO, IOTA, XLM come to mind

0x project (ZRX)

It was accidently leaked on their Twitter

I would absolutely jizz my pants if that happened

>REQ priced in pennies

By Q1 next year REQ will be 0.5

proof? highly skeptical because it's a penny and an ERC20. if they add 0x they would have little reason not to add QSP or REQ or god forbid even LINK

>Chinese Ethereum ripoff
they do have LTC, so..
>IOTA
probably the most likely, imo
>Another pennycoin

I don’t believe NEO meets their standards, which they have listed on their blog, to be on coinbase.

WHO TOLD YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THEM ADDING MORE COINS?

which standards does NEO violate?

>Can't loose your job if you don't report yourself

ethereumworldnews.com/many-altcoins-will-added-coinbase-2018-says-ceo-brian-armstrong/

might be potcoin if tonight goes well

not a fucking chance

dumb spic

bch xrp and monero first round

TRON

i will eat john mcafee's dick if they add monero or any other privacy coin

I really want monero but i doubt they'll add it because coinbase already has IRS up their ass

They said they are adding ERC20 assets... probably on GDAX first.

>Bitcoin Cash is another possibility, but would be very confusing to normies seeing it alongside regular Bitcoin.

Change the color of the icon to green. Add short description in the UI.

Dogecoin
Gonna meme myself to the moon

just sent litecoin with no problem
took 10 minutes to get to bittrex

be a lot cooler if they did

Coinbase will NEVER add Monero.
go cry about it.

omisego.

Golem and omisego are the obvious ones the others idk

yc loves ramming their shit together. Might not be one of the first coins but REQ is definitely going to be added at some point.

>REQ
once the train is moving and its a bit further developed its value will go up, making it more accessible/interesting for people to get in.
3-4$ will still seem "cheap" in comparison to 17k.

Noob.

Ripple is penny coin because of supply. If market cap goes up than price goes up.

>Neo
why would they include the chinese version of a coin they already offer?
>Ripple
possible
>Request
possibility because YCombinator but it's currently not established enough (which will change)
>Quantstamp
too much a of a niche and same as Request
>Iota
possible. there is a high demand for that coin because of all the buzz and mooning but coinbase has had extremely bad publicity these last months because of scaling issues and I don't see them adding a barely working coin with a shitty wallet.
if I was in charge I would wait for a decent wallet because it's too much shit if the wallet fucks up.

so yeah
near future: xrp, bch
later: req, maybe iota

Can i see a picture of the skateboard with a gdax sticker? Else i heavily doubt that

Exactly. And people who actually use monero shouldn't want it listed either. Defeats the purpose of a privacy coin.

ty
market cap is a function of price, fuckface

solid choices desu. IOTA is really struggling though, dipping back below $4, dev is a walking time bomb, and Binance can't even do IOTA withdrawals yet

I'm gonna say DASH, BCH, and maybe NEO.

Negative.

Supply of coins. Hence why there's like 30 other coins in the top 50 that have higher prices but lower market cap. Because amount of available coins.

doesn't matter what you think, it's still going to happen. omg is THE erc20 token, it will 100% get added if they are adding erc20 tokens.

GOLEM it was rumored last year along with ANT and AUG

but doesnt omg compete to a certain extent against req? if so, yc buds gonna stick together => omg so sorry

Only possible one out of that list is BCH.

Monero and Ripple are guarantees. If you search them on Coinbase support this result appears. Not so with any other alts.

I hope monero does and the IRS butt fucks all the normées who bought into a privacy coin.

they will not add anything like DASH or BCH because the prices will make ETH and LTC look like shitcoins. unless the developer of XRP pulls some magic to get it over $5, that's not happening either.

Monero would make the most sense in terms of USD, but it goes against the entire model. I really can't think of anything other than NEO or something within the $100-200 price range. there's a reason LTC broke that mark.

Ripple going on coinbase will push it to 5$ because all the normies see is the price per coin and buy in.

XRP likely
BCH 80% likely
any one confused over BCH and BTC is dyslexic or straight up retarded and should'nt have access to spoons let alone financial instruments

this FUD meme is reddit-tier let it die

95% of coinbase customers dont know what proof of work means, or even what the difference between your private/public addresses are. you think they can grok the subtle differences between btc and bch?

reddit.com/r/GolemProject/comments/6ab6ew/deleted_post_golem_soon_on_coinbase/

blog.coinbase.com/a-beginners-guide-to-ethereum-tokens-fbd5611fe30b

Last time I’m going to tell you. buy golem. They wanted to accumulate so they held off on adding it. Now that normies want in on cheap coins, they will add them.

My other guess is aeternity I can’t remember where but I saw something about it on coinbase

>Golem
Hahahaha faggit

I think Monero appears because it's actually on their site already under possible withdrawals in the future. XRP is not though.
that is not what fud is retard

Stay poor then. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

GNT is the most pathetic coin on cmc top 1000

>grok
did you just pop out of Clockwork Orange land me old droogie?
regardless, liars and waterheaded babies might slip up

The XRP news was fake. There was a link on the coinbase website to a site saying they are converting current coinbase coins to xrp. It got indexed in their support search. The page still can be found in google's cache. Normies didn't even try figuring out WHY it comes up in the support search.

> clockwork orange
Stranger in a Strange Land, friend

fuck yeah it was, back in June.
keep up

welly welly welly well!?

ANT was never part of that datamine

it was golem and augur

>coinbase says they're going to add a bunch of altcoins in 2018
Sauce

read the fucking thread mong

>ethereumworldnews.com/many-altcoins-will-added-coinbase-2018-says-ceo-brian-armstrong/

oh fuck its real.

So shit. whatever shitcoins CB adds will moon wildly as more users come in and puke at 20k BTC.

BAT, hints have been dropped, but they are obviously too high profile to get into spreading rumours

>Coinbase, meanwhile, is a YC company. So are Quantstamp (QSP) and Request Network (REQ).

Good thinking, the easiest thing to do for them is to talk to guys that are also part of YC.

The problem at the moment is that these Coinbase fuckers are completely incompetent, the website struggles with basic coins... It could be that they will just continue struggling

they are definitely not incompetent..

They are 5 minutes away from ripple office in San Fran.

>Change the color of the icon to green. Add short description in the UI.

I feel like bitcoincash is the obvious one because its basically bitcoin, so all of their internal controls they use are already done.

That, and they are making it accessible to people that were holding btc when it forked, so its on its way.

NOT listing bitcoincash would be a political move indicating that coinbase aligns with core...

REQ once it passes $1. Not miss will buy I'm and make it reach at least $7-$10 dollars.

BCH is already a given and already priced in.

blog.coinbase.com/update-on-bitcoin-cash-8a67a7e8dbdf

Is this just so that they can report more altcoin activities to the IRS?

they are absolutely incompetent

>new users cant get through the sign up/verification process
>trading platform completely freezes if theres any volume spike
>didnt give anyone their BCH after the fork
>havent started using segwit yet

i hope they're focusing grouping it

twitter.com/cryptoluciano/status/941096812886351875

dude you can't imagine the scaling issues they are having right now. i think they tweeted recently that their volume was something like 6x the previous max that they had experienced back in the summer. you can't necessarily just turn a dial to fix something like that.

Fake. 4chn already posted similar edits with nigger coin and little titty coin being removed.

>priced in
check out this oracle. How do xchanges ever compete

Still falling for this bullshit.

WeTrust coin.

>19 hours since sent ID verification
>still not in

REEEEE

So you think BCH goes to 17k because it's added on coinbase?

Xchamges compete because market cap allows it. Again shits already priced in noobs aren't buying 1400 BCH coins when lite coin and ETH are both cheaper alternatives.

Ripple or Req will moon if they get added because noobs will buy whatever coin they can mentally grasp. I own 100 REQ or XRP is mentally gratifying then I own .00005 buttcoin cash.

if it all gets priced in, what even is the the point of exchanges?
what hope do we have?

*priced in* sounds like a fucking lazy idea dreamed up by a kike to keep others away from exactly this kind of speculation

They will probably add Link. Not kidding.

70% of my portfolio is XMR but I know it's just not going to normiebase. It's going to be BCH even though I'm real meh on it.

Not all of it. I'm talking about BCH. coinbase already said back in august that shot was going on 1 January.

bch most likely

ARK! ARKIES UNITE OUR TIME IS COMING

Why? Doge coin is better than ark and it's right behind ark on market cap

>betting actual money on tier
XRP BCH
>unlikely but possible
REQ
>ultimate sleeper pick
DOGE

I see doge goin in next year.

Normies can relate to it. It's not just a meme.

>dogecoin
>better than ark
I just don't think so
Ark has smart bridges, instant sync wallet, mobile wallet, partnerships, looking for real consumer use, and a good, dedicated deb team.

Dogecoin is a meme coin.

Thats only 50 mil in market cap behind ark.

Go get JUSTD

still some doubt tho right?
listed for withdrawal?
buying with fiat?
GDAX dump on the 1st?
or buy BCH mid month on coinbase with fiat?

whatever, the priced in meme is still fucking dumb

>Linkie detected

>1 Jan
>BCH listed
>normies cry because they see it listed on the app but cannot buy it
>10 Jan it gets listed.

Coinbase already it's going to program and add infrastructure for BCH. It has to for people to withdraw their BCH they received from the fork.

I think it will do a 2x if it gets listed with full functionality. or do a huge dump if it doesn't as people betting on it "price it out" prcing in is not 100% for anything with less than 1 possibility because of risk averaion

Nope XRM.

nice.
is Bitpay integration mid Jan priced in too?
not being a cunt, I just wonder, how much isn't priced in yet.
those debit cards.. they priced in?
you get the picture

pricing in is a dullards game.
get in before that shit starts.
we'll see. i'm out