Tell friends to invest in crypto back in 2014

>tell friends to invest in crypto back in 2014
>they blow me off like I'm a snake oil salesman trying to peddle my magic internet money
>accumulate some bitcoin here and there, shut up about it for awhile
>2017, see ethereum go from $7 to $30 and consider investing after reading about it
>buy $1500 worth when it hits $40
>tell friends about it, tell them it really has potential
>again they blow me off
>ethereum hits $100, excited as fuck
>try my best to explain why cryptos are incredibly important right now and investing is super important
>sell my stocks (ETF) to buy more etherum
>$200 per eth now, trade some of it into BTC and start to diversify, a little bitcoin, litecoin, monero, etc.
>friends continue to do nothing as cryptos are mooning left and right
>completely shut up about it at this point, because I don't want to rub it in their face
>earlier today on discord voice
>friends ask me how much I have in crypto, they've been reading about how it exploded lately, bitcoin at $17k
>"eh not much, enough for an emergency fund I guess, wish I bought more haha"
>unironically over 2.2 million USD in crypto
>afraid to tell anyone about it because they'll treat me differently or ask me to buy them shit
some part of me wants to just give them the biggest "I told you so" ever.
do all early millionaires feel this conflicted?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html
discord.gg/3nzKuQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

only have around 700k but there is ZERO chance I'd tell anyone besides my parents who I trust

No need to do that OP, they're already thinking about how they brushed you off all those times and probably feel like killing themselves and are too embarassed to say anything.

Just enjoy your hookers and vacations, knowing in your heart you gave them more than enough chances.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I have ~10k but I only started a month ago. Gonna put in another few k in the next couple weeks. I hope we have another explosion the likes of this past summer soon, that was crazy

>afraid to tell anyone about it because they'll treat me differently or ask me to buy them shit
...or rob and kill you and eat your body

don't tell anyone shit

I wouldn’t feel bad for one fucking second if I made that kind of money. Wish I was in your shoes but it’s my own fault for fucking around with garbage stocks in Robinhood generals last year.

Don't spend it on hookers and vacations, keep accumulating then one day when you want to sperg out with spending you buy the neon blue pink lambo.

I tried shilling my friends this shit as well, no body listened to me and now they complain its too expensive to get in. Though unlike you I started in march this year with 500 dollary doos.

You were smart OP, you'll lose your friends in some way the second you tell them

Never too expensive to get in, but by the time the normies do we'll already be laughing to the bank

U sound like a faggot

good user, you are learning the ways of acquisition well

I have 17k XMR and about 50 btc and haven’t told a soul. I have cashed out a bit and am probably just going to move soon and act like I got a job. I don’t care about rubbing it in people’s faces at all. My parents don’t know, and probably never will find out.

>some part of me wants to just give them the biggest "I told you so" ever.
You can do it without revealing you won the lottery

17k XMR? Holy nigger shit can I have one

A role model for Veeky Forums, keep it up

>do all early millionaires feel this conflicted?

You are just resorting to childish behavior. Kill the boy and let the past die. Move on and do what you are meant to be doing with your life.

give me your fucking coins

sent ;)

OP you’ll always have your anonymous image board.

Please tell me what coins to buy for long term holding

don't forget folks, everyone on the internet lies

GJ OP. Best to not tell anyone how much you have. I have done the same, resisted telling anyone, although there is this nosey fuck friend I have who managed to glance at my block portfolio, luckily he hasn't told anyone, I hope, but he's now even more annoying than every and extremely butthurt. We don't even talk anymore.

So yes, just keep blockfolio OFF or turn off balances.

the pajeet spam is unreal kys

There is nothing good about an "I told you so" It makes you the bad guy. 95% you shouldn't say anything. Them asking you for shit is almost a certainty. They're like crabs feeling around the bucket. They're not looking out for you or for what's a good idea - they demonstrated that quite well.

If it were me, I'd stop associating with them, go traveling around the world with everything beyond your retirement for a decade or two, and then eat a bunch of edibles in Colorado. You're not me though.

Can you actually cash out any sizeable amount of money with cryptos?

sent you 100k ;))))))

Kek. That's like reading picture books when you're in the library of Alexandria

Then they aren't actual friends. The only reaction a friend should have is to be happy for you and then to apologize for not heeding your advice. And maybe ask you for tips on getting into it late if you are well versed enough.
t. poorfag with richfag friend (not through crypto though)

Grow up and dont tell anyone about shit. Just do invest long term now and be rich asf

actual friends are a meme
if they don't turn into gold diggers they will at least be secretly resentful

lol what sort of friends do you people have holy shit

I have nothing but pity for you, I would take a bullet for my friend we've known each other since fucking 1st grade.

Sent 5 million doggycoins. Check your wallet

Would fedorapost this post

yeah right
so many zillionares in this thread....

most of you play with less than 1k, daddy and mamma money

then spend most of the time imagining virtual scenarios where you are filthy rich.

not everyone on biz is poor dumbass. literally everything in the market has jumped 7000% in the past year.

>>afraid to tell anyone about it because they'll treat me differently or ask me to buy them shit
They will. I'm not even a millionaire but far better off than most peers and I still get hit up for money all the time. Sucks but that is the way it is.

for composition
bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

Take new signups into consideration. The average holder between 0.01-0.1 is $522.59 and in 0.1-1.0 is $54,321.45.

Huge gap - lots of late players who are going to lose their money.

The biggest irony is if they do start now theyll end up falling for legitimate shills because they are just that fucking retarded

Here's a little more digging into where the money is. Most of Veeky Forums is in the

don't tell them, money isn't supposed to change things between friends but it does, it does.

I have a friend who wants to get rich. I got back into cryptos in 2015, was gonna tell him but didnt feel right so I didnt. Should I tell him now to get in or is it too late?

1k was more than enough needed to becoming a millionaire if you bought pretty much anything at the beginning of the year. Not everyone got here five minutes ago.

If you care about him tell him to get some ETH. If you hate him tell him to go all in on ARK.

I haven't told anyone of my gains, which aren't the biggest ever but very good. Only person I told was my brother, whom mocked me about a coin I bought and a few days later it doubled in value.

I've tried to get friends involved and non have. One friend of mine did, he bought eth at 420 when I told him to and now it's testing 800 so I know he's happy.

I'm curious do you feel an intense sense of pride in becoming rich because you bought some cryptocurrencies? I am a self made multimillionaire entrepreneur that was born poor. I am curious if certain people feel differently if they "make it" just by sitting back and buying some cryptos instead of spending years creating a company or bringing some unique idea to life.

I would imagine when people ask how you got rich and you tell them "i bought some cryptocurrencies early on" there will be a lot of "you just got lucky" sentiment from jealous people.

Agree with this guy. It's a lot easier to explain how much work you put into it and not feel like a piece of shit.

He's lying anyway. Been nearly an hour and that was the only shitpost. Should become a copypasta.

Why would he care? People say the same about nepotism or being born into the upper class.

Congrats OP I mean it. I’m riding crypto out this year and I hope I make enough to pay off debt and pay for my kiddos college. I’ve got $32k now. I bought in March of this year. I hoping I can make a half million and I hope to god mcaffe is right about btc hitting a million. If he is right my life will be pretty amazing considering where I started from. I hope to end up in your shoes and your story gives me hope. I told my coworkers today that my bitcoin was hacked so they would stop asking me about it. I hope we all make it. Goodnight Veeky Forums

Apparently despite your accomplishments you're still needy for external validation. How does it feel knowing a neet can now can become an accredited investor into whatever company you make and get rich off your work by jerking off at home?

this.

i told all my friends to follow me back in 2011. they shamed me for being gullible enough to get in an internet ponzi.

guess who i saw on facebook bragging at the 1 litecoin they bought last week ? yes it was that fucking kevin.

part of me just want to rub the fact i made huge gains in his shitty face. but i guess its better i stay home with my asian wife.

>>unironically over 2.2 million USD in crypto
So, you don't actually HAVE the money. Because money is something with which you can purchase things, and you can't purchase things with crypto...

People born rich aren't as happy as you might think.

1) It has hard for them to appreciate what they have because they don't know what struggling feels like

2) They don't feel that intense sense of pride and accomplishment when they finally "make it" on their own efforts

3) Most people will talk shit about them because they just got lucky with daddys money (but those same ppl will pretend to be friends with them to use them for their money)

I'm not set for life yet but I was able to become a multi millionaire under 30 which is far less than 1% of the population in burgerland. I am pretty proud of what I have accomplished. Now I am putting a few hundred thousand into cryptos to hopefully make enough to be set for the rest of my life.

>cant cash out
There’s so many normies lately i cant tell when these are meme posts or serious

Honestly? It feels kind of bad sometimes to think that I could have just bought some BTC years ago and made more money than all of the hard work, stress and risk I took on creating my own company. I am sure a lot of people feel like it isn't fair. This is why a lot of crypto millionaires won't be liked or respected. I suspect most of them wont tell people how they got their money.

Never reveal your power level. This is as essential as buy high sell low.
No one knows how much I have in crypto, and net assets in general except me, my broker, and the IRS... well maybe not them :^)
Spoiler: They WILL treat you differently.
This. Just happened in Jersey, I don’t think he ate the victim though.

Yeah I guess we don't appreciate not being born in North Korea or Somalia often enough.

Don't tell anyone

They'll instantly ask for handouts

If you're not larping, please do not tell anyone

Really? So, without converting to USD, he can pay his mortgage(if he has one), electric bill, cell bill, internet bill, all with BTC?

The point was that he may have $2.2M in holdings, but until it converts to something he can readily spend, it's not realized.

All true, but being smart enough to get into cryptos early is "making it" on your own.

Nah man, you got lucky, that it, and it's not going to stay at this level. Get out while you can.

We pumping a shitcoin to 10x this saturday join up boys

discord.gg/3nzKuQ

Is this how I get the nightmares to stop? Create an alternate history of how things went down?

A history where I DID buy Bitcoin when it was under $10, instead of spending hundreds of dollars on videos games, and where I am driving lambos and fucking hot models, instead of being a live with parents loser NEET?

I might try this, thanks OP.

>my brother studied cryptos all day but was literally homeless couch surfing no monies
>i had a good job but kept telling him to fuck off with his ether or whatever the fuck and to get a job

We're both still losers so its okay. I wish he got nigger rich though so I could quit worrying

Who else feels bad for the idiot who bought at $19,697 a week ago?

The old “don’t work harder work smarter” meme if definitely true. In this sense I consider laziness a virtue and a precursor to innovation

That would apply if the public who bought into this shit were actually smart. Leisure time means different things for an innovator than a slug. My guess is the cohort consists of the latter.

This is the beginning.

Okay, senpai. You clearly did your homework.

FEEEETS!!! omnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnmmmnomommnonomomononom

I have, yes. It’s a speculative market, true. So it’s inherently high risk and reward. BUT there are very intelligent people who think bitcoin will hit a million or even multi millions. This looks like the biggest bubble but it’s just the beginning. Tulip bulbs were a local thing. This is world wide and a 24/7 thing. The bubble hasn’t even begun.

this was a great read. i hope to be where you're at once link blows up in a year or two. well done! and yes, srsly, do not tell them. you do not want word getting around you're rich without being mentally prepared to live your new life. give it time. keep a diary if you need to get it out of your system.

What I'm trying to figure out is what the endgame is. Everyone is clearly speculating on value going up. I can understand this if BTC was accepted widely. If you're in the USD, there are a small amount of companies that accept BTC as currency, and especially not essential companies like utilities, mortgage banks, etc. If the USD were to eat shit tomorrow, where would cryptoholders be?

It seems to me by the bi-modal distribution of coins that there is a huge speculative wave from people who are looking to get rich, and they will never attain it. What is the endgame?

Endgame is when govs step in and curtail unregulated/non governmental exchanges, at which point all that monero you've been holding moons as the dark markets really begin to hit their stride.

.... you DO hold monero, right user..?

>So unaccomplished that he needs to shill himself to anonymous strangers

Fuck off. This is a serious question, not for shilling

how much Link do you have?

>this dumbass thinks monero needs shills

Like said, you can lead a horse to water.

Most exchanges have a weekly limit. For instance Coinbase is like 50-70K max per week.

I am not sure what a dude with say 22mil who just is ready to exit and wants it all in a lump some does? I would think there is an opp for a service that buys your 22mil for less. Like those companies that buy lottery winnings.

For instance, last week guy on my exchange found an HD he mined with in 2010-2012. It had 80k of btc on it. Calc'd out it was $1,181,997,536.04

Nice huh? To cash out it would take him 432 years or so at 50k a week and 376 years at 70k a week or something like that.

Not the easiest way to exit with a bil+

Endgame for me? Being able to transfer large amounts of money for nearly nothing? Across the globe? Well in an economy that’s only becoming more globalizing and less brick and mortar retail reliant I think the end game is self evident.

in general it's probably best to be discreet about your wealth. you'll definitely get those people that only hang around in hopes of getting some money out of you.

Sorry, let me be specific. I posted this data a little bit ago
There is an obvious "little" spike right at the 0.1-1.0 level. In this field, we should see a smooth transition of some sort. What we're seeing from this bimodal spike is an influx of early "get rich" folks who got suckered into the trend. People who don't have a lot of money to buy into BTC but wanted to ride the wave. Bimodal mostly comes from outside influences than a natural market, such as media exposure. There's going to be a point where people become disillusioned and want their money back for whatever they can get.

Send them a screenshot. Shit on their lives. Then fly out to italy and fuck hot chicks using your gains. /thread

You didn't answer how you'll pay basic bills in a currency that is not widely accepted, without converting back to USD.

let me know (give me a (You))if you want to invest 500k into a hydro powered monero mining farm, break even in about 100 days (including our comission), talking with manufacturer+water plant right now

Shill post in itself. Are you that stupid?

stupidest person on Veeky Forums

That's all you have? Can't answer a simple question?

Okay I'm stupid. Tell me how it's going to go down. Your turn. Let me have it. I'm going to put some popcorn in the microwave while I wait.

I'll tell you to suck my dick for free

suck my dick

Nevermind, you're just an idiot. Can anyone answer this question seriously?

nobody? does crypto have any hope?

Explain how luck was involved? Thats like me saying you got lucky that you set up a tire shop in a busy part of town and got wealthy that way.

Why dont i have friends like you, wish they told me about crypto in 2014... gonna kms now k thanks bye.

Here, have a Reichskoin

Quality support of your assertion there.

So you are saying he is right. You can't pay your power bill with crypto. You do indeed need to convert it to accepted forms of currency for your particular needs when required.

Now, why was that so hard for you to do? Try to be less of a douchebag..at least try.

> what are alt coins that solve the problem you are talking about

I had a couple friends that were big into crypto in 2011/2012
I wonder if they've made it or not.

What alt coin can I pay any auto insurance company with, right now? Talking about crypto in general, not just BTC

We're going to live in a future where you have to trade your BTC for Doctorcoins and Runningwatercoins just to live normally.