/btg/ Battletech General

"Status!" "It's farther back than it is forward" edition - -

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

MechCommander & Mechwarrior 3 pilot voices and SFX
mediafire.com/file/pehas5xyoaocfaz/2016-11-12_MechCommanderGold-Pilots-with-Instructions.rar
mediafire.com/file/wplodo9q9f1f377/2016-11-19_PC_Mechwarrior3-SFX-Vocals.rar

/btg/'s own image board: - (needs work)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

What's that comic from?
And dear god please hold my butte.

Product 8604 in the Battletech catalog: The Spider and the Wolf.

Here's the thing. It's not something Randall would feel the need to delete. He's fine with that position. It's illogical for him to have scrubbed it. Combine that with the fact that none of the 1-5 anons who claim they saw it screencapped it when they absolutely love posting that kind of stuff to prove their point(note I am not disagreeing with that point) just seems unlikely to me. Essentially you're making an assertion with no evidence.

BRRT.

The OCD in me wonders where the SRM launcher went, but with that much BRRRRT who gives a damn. Neat variant.

Gentlemen, let's update some 3025 mechs for Dark Age.
I need Shadow Hawks, Clints, Hermes IIs, Vulcans, and whatever else you can think of. Fluff wise it's houses refitting garrison force mechs instead off wasting new ones on them.

I feel the same, could scale back to a 10 and stick something on. Frankly i'd like that for some extra up close umph. If someone can do that while I'm stuck at work....

Possibly the same place as this one's, which is to feed the LRMs and LB-10.

So, are you giving me free rein to hand you mechs that are barely functional but have a SHITLOAD of new tech?

>scale back to an LRM-10
This is heresy. Plus that SSRM2 was worthless.

>So, are you giving me free rein to hand you mechs that are barely functional but have a SHITLOAD of new tech?
isn't that what the normal 3145 TROs were anyway?

Sounds good to me. I'll have a couple up in a bit

Yes... but I only made one of those. The rest are designs I use already, so they get no tweaking.

Not necessarily dark age stuff, but I really enjoyed using these.

Ooh can I request a few?
If so: Battlemaster, Thud, Atlas, Commando, and Enforcer

As requested: How to build a character in MW3e.

Warning, long

OK, so building a MW3 character isn’t hard, per se. It’s just complex. During character creation, you need to keep track of Attribute minimums (ie, “once you leave creation your Attribute *must* be this high)” and Attribute Thresholds (ie, “buying an attribute to a higher level than this is expensive; buying it lower is cheap”).

So, I roll randomly for character affiliation (using the AtB table), and generate a Federated Suns character. Next, I write all of the following on my character worksheet:

-Set all attribute minimums to 2 (except SOC @ 1)
-Set all attribute Thresholds to 6 (except EDG at 8)
-Primary Language: English
-Secondary Languages: French, German, Hindi, Russian
-SKILL: Protocol/FedSuns +1, Languages/French +3
-TRAIT: NA/Strategy (SOC minimum to 4)

Once that’s written, I’m ready to enter Stage 1: Early Childhood. Because it’s fun, I’ll roll randomly to determine where we start (random roll isn’t necessary, but I don’t have a character in mind so I might as well):
1-5: Back Woods
6-30: Blue Collar
31-40: Clan War Orphan
41-50: Farm
51-60: Fugitives
61-75: Nobility
75-80: Street
80-81: Trueborn Creche
82-100: White Collar
Roll: 69 – Nobility
So my character is from the nobility. Now I apply the modifiers from the Nobility Stage 1 track:

NOBILITY
-Adjust Attribute Thresholds by: STR -1; BDY -1; RFL -1; INT +1; CHA +1; SOC +1
-TRAITS: Wealth; Well-equipped; Enemy
-SKILLS: Language/French +1; Protocol/FS +2
Next I make my Nobility Event Roll. Which is a 3 (traitor). Fuck that. So what I do here is I reduce my Edge Threshold from an 8 to a 7. Doing so lets me reroll. I get the following results:

-EVENT ROLL: 12
-ROLL 1: 6
-TRAIT: Good Reputation
-ROLL 2: 10
-+1 BOD; +1 RFL; -1 CHA; Must take Military School or Merc Brat in Stage 2

>For reference: I only roll average by virtue of rolling either very high or very low.

My event roll dictates where I can go in Stage 2; this is not always the case, and regardless, if I didn’t want to go to Military School or be a Merc Brat, I could reduce my Edge Threshold again and just choose the path I want (I also have to come up with a fluff justification, btw). However, I’m OK with being a Merc Brat, so we’re going to go ahead with that.

MERC BRAT
Adjust Attribute Thresholds by: INT -1; WILL +1; EDG +1
-SKILLS: Interest/Chinese Music +1; Administration +2; Negotiation +2
EVENT ROLL: 11
I’m going to actually reduce my Edge Threshold again (putting it down to a 7; I picked up +1 EDG from being a Merc Brat) and add a +1 to the Event roll, making it a 12. This allows me to roll 3 times and take the best 2 effects.

-ROLL 1: 6
-ROLL 2: 3 - DISCARDED
-ROLL 3: 11
-Add Owns Vehicle and Vehicle 2; -1 EDG; Scrounge +2

OK, we have a merc brat here. That's not surprising - after the episode where my family was thought to be traitors, it follows that they'll foster me off on a merc unit for some seasoning while the outcry dies down. That also protects me from any "unfortunate accidents" from zealous FedSuns loyalist kids at a more traditional school. See? Instant background fluff!

Oh, and I’m automatically 16 years old at the end of Stage 2.

Have a bonus sixth, because I hate odd numbers.

It’s time to move on to Stage 3, and I feel like putting my PC through Fitvelt Military Academy, since they are that rare bird: a military school that doesn’t turn out holier-than-thou douchebags. Fitvelt has a school-specific track entry. I apply the following modifiers to my sheet:

-+1 year
-Set Attribute Minimums to INT 3; WIL 4; SOC 3 (no effect)
-Adjust Thresholds to: WIL +1; SOC +1
-SKILLS: Academic/FS History +2; Protocol/FS +2; Perception +1
-TRAITS: Promotion 2; Well-equipped; Stigma/2nd-rate Academy
-FIELD: Basic Training (gain all skills in this field at +3 rating, or add +3 to them if you have them already)

-EVENT ROLL: 18 - REDUCE EDGE TRESHOLD BY 1 TO INCREASE BY 1 to 19
-EVENT ROLL: 18
-EVENT ROLL: 10
-+1 EDG; Good Rep; Contact 2; Wealth 2; Vehicle 3; Appraisal +2; Scrounge +2; Stigma/Go-toMan; -2 to 2 Basic Training Skills (Nav/Ground&1st Aid)

After the event roll modifiers are applied, now I choose a field of study. Because of my event roll, I qualify for OCS, so I take that first:

-+1 year
-+1 WIL
-TRAIT: Commission 1 (replaces Promotion)
-SKILLS: Academic/MilHIstory +2; Bureac/FS +2; Protocol/FS +1; Strategy +1; gain OCS Field (all skills in field gain +3)

Then OCS kicks me back out and I can choose an *actual* field of study. Which hey presto! It’s BattleMech pilot!

+2 years
-Attribute minimums DEX 3; RFL 4
-TRAITS: Promotion 1 (to Commission)
-+2 to Administration; Gunnery/Mech; +1 to Tactics/Mech; gain Mech Pilot Field (+3 to all skills in the field)
>Here's a character sheet. You should probably be filling out the worksheet on pg 2 to follow along.

WTF? I love palladium now.
That company sounds familiar, what products do they offer?

>Offer
Plenty, mostly Rifts, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Robotech

>Actually make
Aaaaand there's your problem. They have a bad habit of promising vaporware and taking ten times as long as necessary to put out product, because the company owner is a delusional narcissist who has to personally re-write everything they make. And refuses to issue errata. And sues fansites.
No I'm not bitter about RRPGT Wave II. At all.

Now I have the option to go to Stage 4, or revert to Stage 3 for special training. Because this guy is a Feddie and thus a Mary Sue, let’s make him as crazy as possible:

STAGE 3: Military Scientist Special Training
-+2 years
-Set minimum WIL to 5
-+1 to RFL Threshold
-+1 to Career/Soldier, Nav/Ground, 1st Aid
-+2 to Gun/Mech; Pilot/Mech
-TRAITS: Promotion (applies to Commission); Well-equipped 2
-FIELD: Military Scientist

Now at the age of 22 it’s time to move on to real life:

Stage 4: Tour of Duty (Federated Suns)
-+2 years
-TRAIT: Vehicle 2
-SKILLS: +2 to Tactics/Mech, Gun/Mech, Pilot/Mech; +1 to Admin; Scrounge; Negotiation
-EVENT ROLL: 16
-+3 to Admin, Gun/Mech, Leadership;
-TRAITS: Addiction, Combat Sense, Promotion 1 (to Commission)

Finally, one more Tour of Duty Option. For reference, my Edge Threshold right now is 5. I’m comfortable playing low-edge characters, so I’ll reduce it to a 4 to access a path of my choice. We’ll say he was sent to assist St.Ives against the Cappies (similar to the Flying Tigers or the Lafayette Escadrille). Therefore:

Stage 4: Xin Sheng
-+2 years (he’s up to 26 y/o)
-TRAITS: Vehicle 2; Quirk/St. Ives Loyalist
-SKILLS: +2 to Gun/Mech, Plt/Mech, Scrounge; +1 to:Language/Mandarin, Lang/French, Lang/English
-EVENT ROLL: 3 -1 EDG TO REROLL (down to 3)
-EVENT ROLL: 20 – roll twice
-EVENTS: 14, 15
-+1 EDG (up to 4)
-TRAITS: Brave, Promotion (to Commission) 1; Well-equipped 2
-SKILLS: +4 to Gun/Mech; +2 to Tactics/Mech, Strategy, Strategy, Leadership, Admin; +1 to Negotiation; Strategy

And that concludes the lifepath system. But we aren't done yet.

I knew you were special...

Now I have to go through and make sure that I buy my attributes up to their minimum values.

Characters get 50 points to buy attributes. You can “sell back” unwanted positive traits (or take on negative ones), but under circumstances that sometimes count only for half benefit. Here, I’ll sell back 3 points of Vehicle, 4 points of Well-equipped, 2 points of Promotion, 1 point of Good Reputation. Vehicle and Good Rep only count for half benefit. This gives me a final modified total of 58 points. Set STR to 4 (4 points). Set BODY to 5 (5 points total). Set CHA to 7 (9 points). Set SOC to 4 (4 points). Set WIL to 5 (5 points). Set EDG to 4 (4 points). Set DEX to 7 (9 points). Set RFL to 7 (7 points). Set INT to 7 (7 points). 4 points remaining.

Note that the attributes with values above their Threshold (like DEX) cost more Attribute points to buy.

I have 4 Attribute points remaining. I can also use these to buy Traits. I spend 3 points to buy “Fast Learner” because all my skills will be cheaper that way, and 1 point to buy “Attractive”, because hey, the Suns are the leading men of the setting.

Now, skills take a minute. You find the column of the Skill Point Conversion chart that applies best to the individual skill you’re looking at. In this case, for every skill BUT “Strategy”, I look at the “Fast Learner” column, since I have that trait. Assume for a moment I have 11 points in Skill X. I look at the column, and that puts me between 6 (+2) and 12 (+3). I get a +2 rating in that skill…and then I take the 5 extra points that didn’t get used buying the +2 rating and put those points into a Free SP Pool. Once I’ve converted ALL of my skills using the column, I can use my Free SP Pool and buy more skill ranks or new skills, at the prices on the chart.

They're the antagonists, but I don't really see what makes them villains. I main Dracs so I'm used to playing bad guys.

Thusly, I have 28 SP available.
-Spend 6 SP to increase Scrounge from +2 to +3 (the difference between 12 and 6)
-Spend 9 SP to increase Leadership from +1 to +3
-Spend 6 SP to increase Administration from +2 to +3
-Spend 6 SP to increase Pilot/Mech from +2 to +3
-Spend 1 SP to purchase Interest/Fashion at +0

NOW character creation is essentially done (aside from gear and so forth). My final PC sheet should look a lot like this:

>ATTRIBUTES
28 years old.
STR-4
BOD-5
DEX-7
RFL-7
INT-7
WILL-5
CHA-7
EDG-4
SOC-4

>TRAITS
Attractive
Brave
Combat Sense
Commission (Promotion 3; CPT)
Contact 2 (FedSuns)
Fast Learner
Good Reputation
Nat. Apt./Strategy
Wealth 3
Well-equipped 4
Vehicle 6 (Hvy Mech)
Addiction (
Enemy 1 (
Quirk/St. Ives Loyalist
Stigma/Go-to Man (for Illegal goods)
Stigma/2nd-rate Academy (Filtvelt)

>SKILLS
-Admin, Leadership, Gun/Mech, Pilot/Mech, Scrounge, Strategy, Tactics/Mech ALL at +3
-Appraisal, Interest/Chinese Music, Interest/Fashion, Language/English, Language/Mandarin ALL at +0
-ALL other skills which I possess at +1

Clear as mud? It'll take ~45-60 minutes your first time. However, I can get through in ~15 minutes these days, and be all set to die 10 minutes into the campaign as a result of a series of poorly-thought-through decisions.

>pic related

I can't even tolerate odd numbers of ice cubes in my drinks, man. I know my OCD's limits, but what about the mechs?

Nice. I'm loving that commando big time!
While I'm a PPC whore and it's probably better, no auto cannon on the enforcer kinda hurts, what would you use in DA to make up for it? The thud is clearly a thud, my hat is off to you.
I want to say there is a Lao Hu like that in canon, or I dreamed there was. As always beemer is love beemer is life. The Atlas well laid out, and 2 rear medx pulsies that's a hell of a wallop for back stabbers!

I confess I have some of the same problem. Growing up playing games like M1 Tank Platoon, I always associated a platoon with 4 units. Battletech's lances reinforced that in me. When I watch a lot of shows (anime and otherwise) and they group good guys in threes, it irritates me to no end.

>WTF? I love palladium now.
>That company sounds familiar, what products do they offer?

The reason Palladium was brought up is because the owner is an open and unabashed racist, sexist, and authoritarian who has outright said that the Nazis were the most correct civilization in human history and it's what we should all strive to be until there's only white people left on earth. Not as a parody or as a reducto ad absurdum, either. The "heroes" of Rifts (I can't remember the name; it's basically the Star Wars Empire crossed with Nazis) are the way they are because Siembedia believes they (an Empire run exclusively by white males) are heroic for murdering everybody and everything different than they are.

Therefore, Ray (assuming it was actually Ray, although that sure sounded like his attitude) was saying that if you want to find a game sympathetic to those views, Palladium's offerings would be better, since their game settings outright glorify the "white people uber alles" attitude.

THE COALITION! That was who they are!

>falling for this twice...

The Enforcer is the way it is because I based it off my "scout" configuration, the -5F, based off the -5D. Because the AFFC didn't really have good scouts for the Clan years.

I was the requester, and I do like them. Only I'm a huge missile whore, so I kind of wish you had kept missiles on the com. Great otherwise!

Do the Taurians or Canopians (pre-Trinity Alliance) have a "style" to their mech variants, or any perceived styles you think they could have?

I want to work on some TDF/MAF variants of mechs.

Not really related to that new game. Just find the periphery interesting.

>Canopians (pre-Trinity Alliance)
Bugs and Shads.

I've posted this before, but it's my Jihad/DA take on the COM-1A. One other option that I've fiddled with is mounting a pair of MVSPLs or an LVSPL on a Commando, but I can never wedge enough missiles onto the poor bastard for it to feel like a COM. At least, not without abusing RLs..

>Taurians
Rocket Launchers for days. As stated in last thread, the Locust-1V2 and Archer-6W are good examples of their custom rides. Check the Toro and Talos for homegrown designs. Note that if the Rocket Launcher had existed when they wrote the Toro and Talos, I feel like one of them would have carried RLs (probably the Talos, as backup point-blank weapons).

>someone else likes the COM-1A
>pic related

I regret nothing, even if it falls for the mixtech meme.

Kevin Siembedia did actually write a Rifter article in defense of the Coalition where he mentioned that he admires them and thinks they have the style of culture best suited to survival. So I don't think user is actually falling for something when it comes to Palladium.

Siembedia is insane, though. So there's that.

There weren't really any canon variants for those places, but if I were to come up with styles, I'd say that they'd both like increased survivability, a bit like the suns variants did, the taurians seem to like PPCs and are utterly fearless of heat, while I imagine the magistracy would have a thing for cramming as much firepower as they can into light and medium mechs. I could also see them maybe liking AC/20s as assault-killers. Both would almost certainly turn pretty much all of their assaults into straight flashbulbs.
By the early 50s they've got DHS, and the TC has FF (they technically don't have CASE until 64 because no reason, but they should, there's no logical reason either of them not to), so I would imagine most of their 50s pre-sheng stuff would be very basic DHS+CASE stuff

Yeah I agree with the strange way tech is sometimes handed out to factions. Like the FWL not getting the LFE at the same time WoB did. Not because WoB loves the League, but because they'd logically upgrade the League's factories to build their own variants.

I honestly think it was an oversight, probably just copypasta on The Great Tech Retcon Chart, because quite literally everyone else actually got CASE *before* FF, which makes complete sense, because CASE is the most logical use for small batches of FF before it goes into full-scale production

RLs are the Marian standard. The Locust 1V2 is a Marian/Pirate only until 3086, when Mercs also get it. The Archer-6W is Periphery General.

The designs the Taurians actually build or modify usually centre around one or two long-range weapon types and then have a close-range array, like the Marauder, Thunderbolt, and so on.

OTOH, at that stage the WoB is settled on Terra with a growing Protectorate, they're less dependant on Gibson, and Thomas Marik is going off-script. All good reasons to try and hold onto a technological advantage, even if just as leverage for a better deal.

That's a great build and looks like fun, would work well as a beefy scout.

Hate to still beg but for DA what would be most fitting replacement ballistic for a AC10?

Honestly I think the PPC is a better gun for it but kinda loses a touch of the flavor.

>OTOH, at that stage the WoB is settled on Terra with a growing Protectorate, they're less dependant on Gibson, and Thomas Marik is going off-script. All good reasons to try and hold onto a technological advantage, even if just as leverage for a better deal.

Good point. I just assumed they always meant to also grab the League's so why not upgrade them in advance? But what you said makes sense.

I've been toying with the idea of running and IRC campaign using A Time of War where the PCs are mercenaries.

What's a good era to set the game in?

I'm leaning towards either 3025-3039 or dark age due to the scarcity of mechs making a lance of PCs worth more than garrison duty against pirates.

On the other hand, I could expand the scope and have PCs (I haven't gotten around to recruiting any yet) pick the time period, and have them be the command lance of a mercenary unit, with another lance or two worth of support. Of course that slows down combat, any creates more paperwork for both me and the players.

Thoughts?

Possibly this. Now it can (somewhat) cheaply anchor secondline units with a Gauss Rifle.

Ah ok, I am a bit behind wasn't sure if there was any new bang bangs in the DA. It's a great mech for a gauss and ERLL while running about. Thank you much!

Well you could always mixtech for a Clan RAC or a HAG, but no new ballistics came out with the DA.

Another good location and era might be the Chaos March in the late 3050s. Small units there were used to guard planets or contest governmental authority.

Which one I'd go for would be determined by how well they (and you) know the board game rules, really. If they're already familiar with BT, eras where tech is more advanced will be easier to run. If they're new to BT then the 3025-3039 era is probably better since it will make it easier to get to grips with the combat rules.

I never thought a HAG... I'm going to do that tonight and see how it comes out.

Rip in capella tikonov republic

From the 5Ga I posted, you could strip off the GR and replace it with a HAG 30 and have 4 tons of ammo.

>All these HSB apologists who range from defending this to being gleeful about the lack of white people on the kickstarter.

This is an imageboard. Either post some screencaps or fuck off.

>CURRENT CENTURY INTENSIFIES

Shit, the image got stripped.

Or this bizarre person who has no taste.

what did he mean by this

because when you go too far you lose money. Boil the water slowly so the frogs don't jump.

Then you must be one, because their antics are omnipresent.

At this point it would be more unusual to have a right side and a wrong side.

I'm getting tired of moral relativism.

he deleted the posts yesterday, they were made before that.

>tfw self-hating whites are invading BT

Did playing the Cappies and Dracs give you Stockholm syndrome?

The only real bad things about the game are lack of mod support and focus on grognardism

What if i play fwl?

Because you know pirple birb stribk

I dunno, do you still hate yourself for your ethnicity and fetishize other races?

There's nothing wrong with weebs compared to SJWs.

Hey, thank you. That actually helps a lot. I didn't really realize how important edge is to the process.

And it's nice to read something besides the constant shitposting about the kickstarter.

In between the shitposts there's also actual concern and criticism about the development of the beta because this will be THE battletech game on the pc for the next decade, and I don't want there to be another decade where nothing happened in that regard (2002-2012).

It's why I think modding tools would be very important to keep the game going past just some skirmish action once everyone has exhausted the SP campaign.

Random design challenge for anyone interested, and because I'm curious:

Design a Jumping "-S" variant for any non-jumping IS/Clan Omni of your choice that doesn't have it yet.

I hate other asians yeah but old world asians are legit annoying. Most of the girls i end up dating are polish for some reason, though i did hook up with a cuban once

Maybe Randall is finally quitting it all.

>tfw you're a white person who is a fan of the Taurian Concordat and would like to have seen another MechCommander game or something set in 3145
>see all the complaints about the HBS game

Anyone else just... not care? Like not think this is worth getting worked up over? Maybe the game will be good. Even if it isn't, what does it matter if characters are brown or the Concordat are backing the "bad" side? Doesn't change the tabletop game.

And honestly I'd like to try a turn based BT computer game. I don't see what getting annoyed will accomplish.

So I just thought of something, with retrotech being a thing I have a little head cannon going on perhaps someone wants to play with.

A lonely manufacturing planet is setup to build all the sweet new gizmos out there, but due to some well less than stellar track ratings with shipments getting "lost" They have no rights or ability to build/buy any weapons. Everything else is on the table. So they can dig in the old parts bin (introtech) and slap that stuff on the most jazzed up chassis. What kinda stuff could we see being made? I'm thinking a Vulpes with just piles of large lasers or something TSM on a bone stock Centurion etc.

I feel mostly the same. If the game play is good, then community modders can fix any these graphics issues people are up in arms about. If the game sucks, the tabletop is unaffected.
Didn't HBS say that they would have a scenario generator? That will solve most of the issues people are whining about.

My brother of another iron womb

I'm in the same boat as you. Only thing I'm annoyed about is no mod tools

Regardless of your position on the HBS game, they have given /btg/ a precious gift. Something new and original (in these threads) to bitch about. This sort of thing doesn't come along every day, mainly because CGL's release schedule wouldn't handle any sort of release every day...probably including their own bodily waste.

>Didn't HBS say that they would have a scenario generator?
No, they said they wouldn't. You will get randomly generated missions for single player,.not exactly the same thing

Just checked the kickstarter, and you are right. At least they are keeping the files non obfuscated, so someone with the knowledge base might be able to hack something together

I don't get why they can't do the minimum MechCommander was able to do and have an editor.

It's weird and annoying how newer games come out with even less content than their predecessors.

They're using art assets licensed from another company and MS are well known for being dicks with IP they own.

It's possible that HBS just can't be fucked. It's also possible that either PGI or MS made their permissions contingent on a very strict set of usage conditions and among them was preventing anyone from making their own product, whether it's for free or otherwise.

I know that there's a chart for efficient use of reinforced internals out there. Can someone repost it?

No mod tools sucks, but I'm just glad I don't have to hold true to things I have uttered in the past and give my left nut for a modern Battletech game.

What are your favorite Clan mechs in terms of pure asskicking potential, other than the Hellstar?

you ain't using it anyways, give it up

>They're using art assets licensed from another company

You realize you can download MWO and rip any and all of the models because cryengine makes that easy? That's how people are 3d printing their own mechs. So what exactly is there to protect?

Games like Crusader Kings 2 and the Total War series have and continue to sell (despite their age) mostly because there's a big modding community behind them.

>It's possible that HBS just can't be fucked

Except they released modding tools for their shadowrun games.

where's the image from?

is it in the mediafire folders?
I only see fallout in the comics section

Unfortunately, it's not (at least not in my folders). I'll try and find a copy to upload, but I make no promises.

Turkina Z, a mech so min maxed OP they said look.. don't use this, seriously.

Blood kite. I think someone once called it the Stalker IIC which I might agree with. Ugly as sin, but definitely a great mech. It's a shame that the Blood Kite doesn't really exist any more since the home worlds don't have any relevance right now and the only faction that has access to them is IIRC the Stone Lions.

Marauder IIC. It's all around a very solid design and three headcap weapons is great

I like the Supernova. I just wish it wasn't so ugly in miniature form.

I'm gonna MOD it to give everyone SS uniforms.

Just to piss everybody off.

Mad IIC only has two cappers.

heil /btg/

You're thinking the Marauder II-C, not the Marauder IIC.

Needs more bracketing

heil myself
heil to me

Re: IRC discussion -
What changes would you have made to LGRs before they were introduced to prevent them from being the meme weapons they are?

NEW INFORMATION!

At the end of the game you get to meet Melissa Steiner.

10 damage, but a ton or two heavier.

9 damage instead of 8, no minimum range, 12 shots per ton instead of 16.