Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Don't hide it from me /pfg/, tell me about your homebrew

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1N5I_R5QceisH-gUtmuwcN5Z34mnIT-Jr22T2ZqajdBo/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1EccqnBPWI-JcduFcz1EryuGxkrMY_jbrpSgZz2ZEVCU/edit
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1025622
docs.google.com/document/d/15Hl4iSN5el-ohN9paOuf_1TszJK9_srUXZFxj-HMpz8/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1Xc-dvBYn1491dvF1ctGOgxt41xBaAto_WMno9dFiYEs/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1XkoqXlPwmQjVx2CsRBsh1zsXmZvuRWh9dCw2djS7BAg/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1q4QX4bs1TblC8UNaFUEo0oACvMcxR1--kuyu9Q_qk_8/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1ITUVLDcjH_HdH1QrbzMcTCt5d1-0kmHe14nJjaRQKuY/edit?usp=sharing
behindthename.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My Homebrew?

It has to do with a Race called Minos. And a project that is currently on indefinite hold

Do I need to post the mole-men again? That's all I have.

I wanted to homebrew a class based on toon physics once, but that never got off the ground. I had too many ideas and no skill to execute them with.

What is the broken shackles test play? I haven't heard it talked about before.

DHB's homebrew.

Which module (one or maybe two-shot) you recommended?

What is it?

>homebrew
Nope, not posting it on /pfg/ again. You won't comment anyway. let alone give any useful feedback.

My homebrew?

It's a fungus that, if its spores get ingested or inhaled, or if the fungus itself is eaten, will cause the victims to think they are taking a lot more damage than they actually are.

For example, a man is fighting a troll that lives in a cave with this fungus. The troll is affected it by it, but so is the man. The man gets hit by the troll and takes 12 damage from the troll's claws, but failed the will save that occurred when the fungal spores entered his system. The troll then re-rolls his damage dice and the man takes that number as non-lethal damage.

Currently, the source of the fungus is unknown, but the BBEG has been using it to the party's frustration.

It depends on if your homebrew is interesting or not. I guess yours was just boring.

Need some ideas for where to look for names for some fag from Ustalav. Transylvania is slavs, right?

Also, I might as well just ask about Black Seraph and its potential uses on a Str/Cha build that doesn't want to be evil. If I'm already playing a tiefling, might as well just embrace the edgy bullshit. Pic related levels of edgelord faggotry during combat.

Then just say you are ugly and be done with it. No inane arguments about "dexfags" and "strengthfags" and Charisma being/not neing physical skill.

Also, implying my blinkling wouldn't find the rat cute and go along with her chuunism to give her ease of mind.

A bunch of 'unchained' fixes of martials

Hm. Alright. This seems low-impact enough.

Monday, wednesday, or saturday. All depends on availability of people.

I was discussing this a few threads back. Undead and 'evildoers' have been executed en-masse by a recent ascendant god, but the players were, perhaps by mistake, merely banished. The corrupting power of the abyss between worlds killed them and raised them as undead.

The first few sessions involve crawling out of the nothingness between planes and back into existence, perhaps encountering worse horrors on the way.

After that, things open up significantly. A world torn apart by wars of ascension, various gods that have come and gone and shaped the world in their image. A few plot threads to follow, but ultimately relatively sandbox.

>no inane arguments about dexfags and strfags

But user...

>Don't hide it from me /pfg/, tell me about your homebrew
Well, I still have the Warbeast Tamer (an initiating Hunter archetype) and stats for magical beasts as animal companions.

docs.google.com/document/d/1N5I_R5QceisH-gUtmuwcN5Z34mnIT-Jr22T2ZqajdBo/edit

docs.google.com/document/d/1EccqnBPWI-JcduFcz1EryuGxkrMY_jbrpSgZz2ZEVCU/edit

DEXFAGS OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

> my blinkling
Kill yourself my man.

Broken Blade is banned, initiator don't get 1/2 to initiator level from other class.
Casters can cast spell for their own nonlethal hp and can restore this damage with spell.

Might I also suggest that the beauty lends itself to a -.5 to a -2 depending on how different of a species you look compared to the other person?

Ah yes, I remember this post and suggesting the fungus. Sounds like it's working well for your party.

No.

Look at him and tell my that's not cute. Bloodforge blinklings are hideous abominations but anime dogpeople are fine.

>didn't even post an image

blinklingfag on suicide watch

Here's a thought, how about if can be used as a modifier somehow with Disguise? Like get a high enough result and you get people thinking "You know, she might be a filthy fucking knife-ear, but those hips..."

Yes, it was appreciated.

The party want to know where it came from and if they can find a way to weaponize it.

derp

I've talked about both in pfg before but neither got much attetnion; one's a class template for fighters, rangers, and barbarians that gives them a wild-shape alike ability, the other one's a sneaky spellcaster called the Quintessence Thief that works by stealing the building blocks of reality and forming it into magical effects.

What would gestalt well with Mesmerist, permitting DSP? I want to set sail on the Ruse Cruise

>its the kitsune shota fag

remove.

No that confirms it.

End your existence.

That's not cute.

Surprisingly, paladin. You can't get double cha to will, but paladin provides immunity to fear, something which seriously helps the mesmerist keep casting.

Any path of war is great at it. Getting painful stare chips in on your damage quite a lot.

>That's not cute.
It's kind of cute

Alternatively, since you want to be Ruse Cruising, Fey Sorcerer for +1 to the DC of your enchantment spells. And for even more, you have kitsune.

You could take an archetype that trades out the Cha-to-Will? Fey Mesmerist, maybe?

While the image itself is cute, the way in which you are using that image is not cute. You are a degenerate, your character is bad, and you should seek help from a professional.

So pondering backstory for a character, myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1025622 to be precise; I'm pondering keeping it as it is, but I also had an idea that she was born in Hermea and cast out when she came of age because >deformed demonspawned dracon disciple

Does that seem a more likely or potentially workable backstory in general than the basic 'orphan' thing? In the hermean one she would have found religion to come to terms with her 'imperfections'.

And that's why we can't have cute things. Because every time people think it's wrong, somehow. But I will show all of you that you can be a cute shota trap and still be a good character!

Also, that is not me.

Are they any good?

Fuck off kitsune poster

Need advice with Jeane-inspired character. PoW and Pact Magic is allowed. Think about taking Elemental Flux and Mithral Current, but have no ideas about class, trait and feats selection.

The archetypes that trade out Towering Ego are the Dreamstalker, the Fey Trickster, the Thought Eater, the Umbral Mesmerist, the Vizier, and the Vox.

I'd say go Fetchling with Shadow Magic, Paladin || Umbral Mesmerist, and watch as your opponents believe every illusion you throw out.

>Don't hide it from me /pfg/, tell me about your homebrew

I've got rather a lot. It's mostly not good but I've got a fair bit.

>Phenomenal Prestidigitator

Illusionist/Stage Magician Archetype for the Spellburst Savant.

docs.google.com/document/d/15Hl4iSN5el-ohN9paOuf_1TszJK9_srUXZFxj-HMpz8/edit?usp=sharing

>Fusilier

Gun using switch hitter Archtype for the Harbinger.

docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing

>Dashing Romantic

Charm-based Initiating Paladin Archtype

docs.google.com/document/d/1Xc-dvBYn1491dvF1ctGOgxt41xBaAto_WMno9dFiYEs/edit?usp=sharing

>Futurist

Construct-themed Summoner Archtype that sacrifices the Eidolon for the ability to summon cyborg creatures and golems.

docs.google.com/document/d/1XkoqXlPwmQjVx2CsRBsh1zsXmZvuRWh9dCw2djS7BAg/edit?usp=sharing

>Death Candle Line

An expansion of a spell I found interesting into a full line of them as the initial one didn't scale well.

docs.google.com/document/d/1q4QX4bs1TblC8UNaFUEo0oACvMcxR1--kuyu9Q_qk_8/edit?usp=sharing

>Magical Tail Rewrite

A rewrite of the Magical Tail feats to make them scale better/have more options.

docs.google.com/document/d/16cNZwfDnx6NX3RRpatFtSteWqbfCIFp7E4Lr5yvh32Y/edit?usp=sharing

>Cold Iron Golem

A golem variant made from Fey hating material and Nice Guy wizardry.

docs.google.com/document/d/1ITUVLDcjH_HdH1QrbzMcTCt5d1-0kmHe14nJjaRQKuY/edit?usp=sharing

Please don't call them traps.

jeanne is not a mithral current user

I'm working on three classes and a subsystem that is a bastard child of maneuvers and Words of Power with the flavor of truenaming and using the power of MNEMONICS to temporarily rewrite parts of reality.

Maybe that's right. The character in question is explicitly NOT a real trap as he always tries to clear out misunderstandings. He's just cute and works as a maid. More of a "too cute to be a guy" trope, like Ruka from Steins;Gate or Saika from Oregairu.

How viable is a bard rogue hybrid whos mechanic is whip shenanigans, nets and other tomfoolery?

Why she keeps so much knives?

Ruka wants to be a girl and Saika tries to act manly so that people don't get confused. Why does he wear a dress if he doesn't want to confuse people?

Oh that's right, it's because you're a faggot who's trying to justify your shitty fetish.

If that's what's your blinkling abomination looks like Rinka would probably hate him on sight because he is not cool looking (read, edgy), nor does he seem the type who could walk the path of explosions.

0/10 apply yourself

Scarlet Throne? Or what?

There's a toon class in one of the gonzo books, if I recall.

She doesn't use them that way

The problem is your main description was literally "cute shota trap dogboy", using the race that to this day still makes Gareth drink himself under the table. Even if you change the wording, your image and initial pitch don't make the character out to be anything but a collection of awful thread memes. Is everyone exaggerating how bad it is? Yes, totally, but that's still the bed you've made for yourself. Maybe you can pull it off, fuck, I'd be down for seeing you do it against the odds, but you've stacked the odds against yourself.

Considering how much of a faggot I already am anyway, I rate it a "would probably still try to tap it at least once before ditching/10"

Primal fury. Black seraph

I was figuring that if you were gonna use any sort of skill for actively making yourself look nice, it WOULD be disguise.

Y'know, like fancying yourself up for a party, makeup, etc.

> (OP)
>hey /pfg/.
>Do you know of any official or unofficial archetypss/class templates/whatever that let me use dsp's psionic magic system on existing casting classes?
>So, clerics/sorcerers/oracles/druids/summonera/wizards/etc with pp and possibly much altered spell lists?
>I like the dsp psionic magic system and like the idea of an all dsp campaign, but I want to allow Characters with the non-dsp iconic class features as well, if possible.
>Is there anything like that that I could use?

How in depth do you guys go with your back stories?

So, my copy of powe came in b&w. is there somewhere I can buy a color hardcover copy?

why/when did dsp switch to softcover b&w

Ultimate Psionics.
Has a psionic archetype, but for only the CRB classes (so no Psionic Oracles or Summoners or stuff. Other stuff is there tho.)

Maybe they just find the clothes comfortable, or cute, or of the style they want? Not everybody crossdresser fetishizes it.

>Saika tries to act manly
Which only makes him cuter. If I ever tried this you would still be angry so whatever.

>Why does he wear a dress if he doesn't want to confuse people?
Because he was supposed to work as a servant but there was a misunderstanding and maid dress was the only uniform available. He donned it before anyone could clear that up. Didn't see anything wrong with it as he was a kind of reclusive, semi-feral child for a long time and thought that's what all servants are supposed to wear. Then it sticked because why not, it's not like he looks bad in it. Also, animu hijinks and he has like +13 in Profession (maid) so he gets his work done.

>he is not cool looking
Up until he summons his panoply. Then it's supposed to get on Sakuya-like battle maid levels. He even has access to Riven Hourglass!

Kill yourself

I won't lie, that's something of a challenge for me. Take something memetastic and make it into functional PC. The fact that I like cute things is just gravy. Also, blinklings have good stats and traits, and even in canon it's not explicitly stated that they come from halflings fucking dogs. That's too gross even for me.

Depends on the campaign and the rest of the party.

Well, Sir Grumpy Cat, that greatly depends on what mood I'm in and what level we're starting at.

If we're going to start at level 15, than I typically don't give a rat's ass about the character's parents or upbringing unless they're royalty. To me, a level 15 character's backstory should be an extension of their established job and reputation, such as emphasizing some famous kills and doggedness of a Dragonslayer or the reputation of an Assassin in whatever Order they belong to.

If I'm doing a level 1-3? Yeah sure, mention mom and dad, mention their upbringing, mention the thing that sparked them to leave.

they seem to be like, a cleric with some psionics stuff as a bonus, rather than a cleric who uses the same system as psionic for their magic.

am i misreading that?

I'm looking to drop spell slots and keep the classes

So he's not trying to avoid confusing people because he doesn't know they're confused? Again, you're just throwing shit together to try and justify a meme fetish character, and it's not working. Kill yourself.

> Onryou's tied second for ugliest in RoTJR.

I
Its because she has unrealistic expectations for romance, isn't it?

>nor does he seem the type who could walk the path of explosions.
How many explosionmancers to we have in the line up anyway?

Anyone? I think I might just stick with German names for this because fuck if I know what I'm doing. Still not sure on Black Seraph. I like the idea of it, but don't want to have to get my shit fucked up because the discipline is labeled as "lolevil". I know there was discussion on how that worked, but I really don't want to go digging for an hour.

Also holy fuck I forgot how edgy this guy was. Damn shame I'm not doing TWF, because some of this might be fun to use as references.

She's a large red demon person with a fucked up mouth, loads of muscles, and runs around half naked.

No, the dress is a habit of his. He knows it does get people confused sometimes and always tries to clear up such misunderstandings. He lives in Sandpoint which is not that big of a town so most people already know.

No, it's because beyond her massive ass and huge, pillowy tits, she's not exactly a girl you'd consider marriage material.

>second for ugliest in RoTJR.
>ugliest
All of the characters are technically above average under this system. She's just one of the least attractive.

It's a dumb fucking system anyway.

>12.666
>Ugly

Nigga that's not ugly, that's cute.

behindthename.com/

Is a good place to look.

thats part of why its terrible

Onyrou and Rinka, two characters who couldn't be more different and one who is supposed to be hot, another who is supposed to be basically tomoko, score the same

derp.

That training outfit was a gift from her Sensei!! And she has normal clothes.

refluff a psion

>sakuya weeb shit

>Implying this would be cool to Rinka

Ratgirl loses faith in magic as something 'cool', forsakes it. You won't believe what caused it.

i mean Rinka isn't actually an explosionmancer, she's more of a WMG-mancer.

Is that from something or just a single picture? Because that is hilarious.

Well, more for "what kind of names would someone from Ustalav have" than "what sites to look for", probably should have specified instead of just referring to my old post.

>That training outfit was a gift from her Sensei!!

Sounds to me like Sensei liked to see huge Oni tits bouncing all over the place, because if he had a lick more sense he'd give her something sensible.

>Sounds to me like Sensei liked to see huge Oni tits bouncing all over the place

Ustalav is Eastern Europe. Romanian, Czech, Slovak, Serb, Bosnian. Anything in that area works.

>And she has normal clothes.

You should ask the Drawthread if they could work up an image of Onryou in a dirndl or something equally adorable!

>Ratgirl loses faith in magic
But that's psionics, the power of self! He can teach her how to center your being and focus your inner strength. She just needs to believe in herself and find something worth fighting for!

Nothing is worth fighting for. Life is pain and suffering and blood and it ends like it starts, with a whimper and nothing of import passing.

Psionics is a type of magic you dip and even if it wasn't iirc Riven and E Flux are explicitly Arcane.

I made archetype packages for spherecasters and martial initiators. Though the only martial one so far is just an adaptation of Warpath Follower.

>Psionics is a type of magic you dip
As i see it, psionic powers come from within while magic manipulated energies of the world. Psychic magic is focusing on subtle connections between things, symbols, emotions and spirit realms. Those are not the same things. And yeah, RHourglass is arcane but the blinkling is Psychic Armory/Psychic Warrior so cool flying blades are psionic.

Ratgirl feels the urge to blow her brains out as the least cool thing ever tries to tell her to believe in herself and find something worth fighting for

She feels nothing worth fighting for anymore. Life is now meaningless.

Only the sweet relief of death is worth it now.

Doukyuusei no Macho-kun

Well, Ratgirl, there's one more bit of magic that might be useful to you.

If you take this necklace of fireballs, walk into a crowded place, and smash them all at once...

Admittedly, if Rinka takes this path, Amandia would love to teach her the power of mystical gundancing...only to then be confused as to why some of those skills don't work as well for the little rat as they do for her. And she doesn't want to give someone she doesn't know so well any explosives...
To say nothing of how hypocritical this sounds

godbless. The truest end of the path of explosions.

ALLAHU RATBAR

This is an ahmuuth psychopimp. It's the picture from the bestiary. But I remember seeing a different picture of them before, one I'm not sure came from Paizo. Would anyone here happen to have a picture of an ahmuuth psychopomp?