Pinball

Does pinball qualify as a traditional game?

No.

Older than any game regularly discussed on this board so.... yes.

It uses mechanism inside and traditional games are meant for cards, dice, tabletop Pinball is a traditional gaming machine, but I think it dont applies

This is actually quite puzzling.
It's not /v/
It's not Veeky Forums
Maybe /toy/?

I don't think it belongs in /toy/
There's way too much work that goes into maintaining them, and then playing them requires skill and knowledge of the table. So it's a game, but not a video game.
I'm confused.

Strikes me as something that might be accepted in /vr/.

They're only /toy/ if we're talking about the miniature plastic versions.

/vr/ seems like a good place to start.

I'll try, but they'll likely just point out that pinball machines are still made today.

If they do, bring up the NES classic mini.

And while you're at it, mock the graphics of their favorite games.

>important questions to ask in order to determine whether or not something is a traditional game

>Are there wizards?

Chess.
Your criterion is invalid.

But Dragon Age has wizards and it's not Veeky Forums

So your answer is "yes," then?

my brain says yes, but my heart says no... now what? also: metallica pinball = best pinball

That's weird. My brain says no but my heart says yes.

Metallica is good, but Twilight Zone is the true king of pinball.

I'm perfectly fine having a one-off pinball thread every so often. Its relation to Veeky Forums is a little strenuous, but considering the rise in board games based around "flicking" and other actions needing manual dexterity I can see how pinball would get a pass.

I'm sure we're even going to see a pinball board game in the future, considering a lot of other mediums have already been adapted. Pic related was a nice little surprise and it's based on old school arcade shoot-em-ups.

There has to be a twist.

is the place
They wrote in the starting post, what are retro game
>arcade games (including pinball)