Warhammer 40,000 general

Bitter expectations for legions supplement edition.

>Previous General
>>Freshest Rules:
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
>>Stale PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
>>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>The Black Library (MAKE SURE TO TIP CLOWNS 10%):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Codex-Supplement-Traitor-Legions-Softback-ENG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for reprinting shit from a week ago GW

>csm got a reprint of formations, just like AoD
>haven't even seen the decurions
>already bitching

third for Tau

Remove fish

>still no Iron Warriors Basilisk rules
>all Word Bearers and Alpha Legion will get for fluffy core formations, are a generic warband or a bunch of cultists with a dark apostle

I feel decimated already

anyone have a link to planetary onslaught? I see you can buy trees and ruins for 10-20 points. Does that mean you can finally use those forest rules for tyranids on a regular basis? or does it eat up your 1 fortification slot for CAD for 1 copse piece.

We reclaim this thread in the name of the Omnissiah and the CRAB TAAAANK!!!

If you are playing any of those legions and you haven't moved over to 30k, now might be the time.

not suprised, when the last ork codex came out, literally like a week later the white dwarf came out had looted wagon data slate that wasnt in the codex. i love GW models and game, but their rule releases are fucking atrocious

>exclusive Detachment for each of the 9 Traitor Legions
Maybe not all is lost. There is yet hope.

On this note of CSM formations, how would it look to try to max out the basic 1k sons core for the reroll 1's benefits?

Min cost for the maxed out core is 1540.

Thats 3 sorcerers 1 exalted sorcerer, 5 min sized Rubrics and 5 barebones Scarab terminator squads. Throw in a barebones pred and we meet the detatchment

1615 minimum points to max out the formation with the aux attatched, leaving 235 points of upgrades in a 1850 list. So an artefact for the exalt sorc and maybe an extra level, and some weapons for the squads. Honestly looking at it its 14 Warp Charges minimum and up to 18 or so if the points get shilled for the sorcs.

Thoughts?

>LOBSTER TRANSPORT TANK WHEN!?

>all world eater, emperors children and death guard formations will require a sacred number total of units to get maximum benefit

>Fear the Batmen: All models in a Night Lords detachment have the Fear special rule.
>Murderers, not Warriors: All models in a Night Lords detachment suffer a -2 penalty to their Leadership when attempting to Rally.

>all world eater, emperors children and death guard formations will require a MEME number total of units to get maximum benefit

Ftfy

>all iron warrior formations will require a warpsmith

>all word bearer formations will require possessed

NOT FUCKING SOON ENOUGH!!!

>all word bearer formations will require possessed

please no, just, no

Thanks

That's what really pisses me off about all these CSM reprints and rehashes.

It's not hard to make simple changes to what they give us to make it actually worthwhile. They clearly don't give a shit, and no number of homoerotic youtube clips will make up for shitty rules and a design deathspiral.

>The model release this week is lake town house

Okay but aren't there even less LotR players than there are AoS players?

>suffer a -2 penalty to their Leadership when attempting to Rally.
>Not flat out old phase out rule for Necrons
>lose a couple of units
>the rest of the army escapes
I want this for both NL and WB

Fabulous Bill: Primogenitor link, pdf or something?

How annoying used to be Fish of Fury compared to other chessy tactics of its time?

How soon could we get a Traitor Legion epub?

>all world eater formations will get the benefit from rage and furious charge at no additional cost

Cult of Destructon, Helforged Warpack Heldrake Terror Pack and Daemon Engine Pack are Iron Warriors as, lore wise, all of the units that would go into those are ones they quite possibly have the most of out of any of the Traitor Legions.

Fist of the Gods too as they have many Vindicators.

Possibly Trinity of Blood (Daemon Engines), Terminator Annihilation Force (Chosen use to be one of their big units in the lore) and the Lost and the Damned (they enjoy throwing chaff into the enemies guns).

IIRC back then you couldn't assault Skimmers, yet skimmers blocked charges.

So imagine a shooty unit nigh immune to charges.

8 hours according to your numbers.

you could assault them, but only hit them on 6s. the important part was that they blocked charges but not line of sight for shooting.

Shooting under skimmers

Enemy not allowed Within 1 inch of any part

Took two turns to get around the fish while being rapid fired

Literally better to stand still and shoot and hope for good dice

>>Fear the Batmen: All models in a Night Lords detachment have the Fear special rule.

Considering how good that house is for general fantasy terrain, I don't particularly care.

Though I do wish it didn't have the nets molded onto the sides.

10th december.
But soon we will have Wrath of Magnus.

Hey TG, give me input on my 1500 points AM all comers list

Company Command Squad
-carapace, medkit, vox, 2 plasmaguns
-officer of the fleet
-nork deddog
-commander with carapace & camo cloak
-chimera with camo netting

Tempestus platoon
-command squad with 3 meltas, vox, plasma pistol on the Prime

-scion squad with 8 scions, vox, 2 meltas

Infantry platoon
-infantry squad with vox
-infantry squad with vox
-command squad with vox and 3 grenade launchers
-heavy weapon squad with 3 autocannons

Veteran squad
-vox, 2 meltas, heavy flamer, carapace
-chimera with camo netting

Basilisk
-camo netting and enclosed crew compartment

Leman Russ Vanquisher
-camo netting and hull-mounted lascannon

Enginseer
-3 servitors

Ministorum Priest

Sanctioned Psyker
-mastery level 2

>voxes everywhere

>haven't bought any supplements because nothing looked cool enough to warrant the money
>I can now get all of it plus more for £20
Sick desu senpai

What is your win condition?

Honestly, seems like a bad list. You dont have enough focus.

why is the sister in this pic so brolike with this csm scum?

I want more female models in the game.
I'm the last person to go "muh progressiveness" but it would be neat to have a female Commissar, Inquisitor, etc. Something that fits, instead of being hamfisted, for varietys sake.

Women ruin everything.

Program doesnt have lucius pods so add one of those for the remaining 50 points.

Running Wolves Unleashed so have the potential to outflank in some units in addition to drop podding in the leviathan and grey hunters.
Thoughts?

Also anyone know how much of a difference in size there is between a normal drop pod and the forgeworld dreadnought one, when opened up at least?

not him, but dont vox's let your guys get orders no matter where they are on the table? thats a good thing isnt it?

I've found voxes to have saved my bacon a few times. I take it the consensus is that they're not useful?

I dunno. Kill the whatever I have in front of me, have some units on objective and some units on the other guys.

This is why I'm asking for input.

It's an Alpha Legion. She probably doesn't even know he's a Traitor.

Looks like nice general use terrian what's there to complain about?

Everyone loves a horny bad boy

I haven't been in the thread for a few days.
Did we figure out what this was already?

they allow re-rolls of order rolls, not an increase in range

More likely to get them in a multi model box. Unless you can sell twice as many, it's not great from a sales standpoint to double down on single characters.

its the keys to the Emperor's new Lamborghini he keeps in his garage

yea, a hand clutching some keys.

Weak b8 m8

There has been female Inquisitor models since AT LEAST Witchhunter / Daemonhunter (3rd edition)

Granted Inquisition don't have ANY plastic models.

They don't look very kawaii

So every unit can take objectives (even shit like tanks, daemon engines and HQs), but if an enemy unit with ObjSec is within 12" of it, that objective is controlled by the enemy unless destroyed or removed from that range. Is this correct?

I wasn't baiting, you fucking mong.
Don't pretend like you can buy those nowadays anywhere other than eBay.

>12"
Only if they contest, so 3"

A lucius pod is 4 and a half inches wide when shut, and about 11 inches wide when open measuing from the edge of an open door to the space in between the other two doors past the outer hull. A regular drop pod is a bit smaller, I think

Arm on a sprue

Nigga I played with the Hallowed 3.5 Chaos dex and cheesier-than-camembert IW players were the reason CSM players were reviled for a while.

Four Heavy Support slots spamming pie plates, Obliterators and six man squads with lascannon & plasma made a formidable gunline tougher than "dedicated" shooty armies.

I still shake with anger when I recall condescending smugness of the powergaming That Guy at my FLGS telling 15 year old me that my fluffy assault oriented WE was "playing CSM wrong" and how his army was how "the designers intended the codex to be played".
Probably didn't help that the fucker nearly tabled me minutes before and couldn't stop bragging about how his WS2 Defiler had squished my freshly painted Kharn with some bullshit lucky rolls...

your CCS WILL die I hardly ever give them upgrades other than the plasma guns, so i'd drop med kit and nork, keep em in the chimera if they are out of it they are dead anyway.

Throw plasmas on the vets, throw autocannons in the inf. squads. Drop the GLs on command squad, more plasma. don't really use scions, but take as much melta in them and drop em to pop stuff I guess. With so much camo netting I would grab an aegis and abuse cover saves for the vehicles.

My guard list just bunkers down behind the aegis and tries to survive the fight. I have found autocannons are pretty solid, combine the squads for a big blob with the priest and psyker for a fearless 4+ invuln mega blob, maybe add another squad if you can for more bodies. Priests are worth the points to take as many as you can.

keep the basilisk nearby for prescience from psyker, might want another psyker.

why is he dangling those keys so seductively? is there some thotty sisters of silence somewhere watching?

>Four Heavy Support slots spamming pie plates

IW were allowed 1 basilisk and 1 vindicator. Not really spamming anything there.

What army does he play now?

shit so guess substituting a normal pod in is out of the question then

wargameexclusive dot com
female inquistitors, female inquisitors on bikes, female commisars, female with jump packs, and some banging ass stretch cars that if i played genesteal cult, id use as the limo's they used to have

wait the traitor legion codex has all the stuff from wrath of magnus book? why get wrath of magnus as a 1k sons player then??

CSM player was bitching about his supplement treatment, and she's like, "You think you've got it bad?"

No one will care user

Do as you want. The lucius pod is about 3 pounds heavy and the doors rip off ridiculously easy so I don't think anyone would blame you for wanting to proxy.
But it looks hella sick so you should get one anyway

Ah so an ObjSec enemy can theoretically walk past an Objective I'm controlling with a non-ObjSec unit without snatching it from me? If they did, they'd have to get right up in my face?

>You think you've got it bad?
>As per the Imperial Agents book we're not even a real army anymore!

For the fluff, valued customer

Fluff, and the tzeentch daemon stuff, which won't be in this book

> The Traitor Legions of the Chaos Space Marines have waged terrible wars of hate and vengeance upon the Imperium of Mankind for ten thousand years. From the Daemon worlds of the Eye of Terror, they plot the destruction of the empire they once helped to build. They have neither forgotten nor forgiven the loyalists, nor the False Emperor whom they serve. These warriors will not rest until the galaxy is burning, and the Emperor’s putrid carcass is cast down from the Golden Throne into the filth where it belongs.

> Codex Supplement: Traitor Legions is a 136-page, full-colour softback supplement to Codex: Chaos Space Marines. It contains a wealth of additional content and rules that any Chaos Space Marines army can use, with a huge array of rules for all nine of the Traitor Legions.

> In The Book

> - Datasheets for the following:
> - Kharn the Betrayer
> - Ahriman
> - Exalted Sorcerer
> - Tzaangors
> - Rubric Marines
> - Scarab Occult Terminators
> - Khorne Lord of Skulls
> - Magnus the Red

> - 26 Formations for Chaos Space Marines
> - Chaos Warband
> - Maelstrom of Gore
> - The Lost and the Damned
> - Helforged Warpack
> - Heldrake Terror Pack
> - Cult of Destruction
> - Fist of the Gods
> - Raptor Talon
> - Terminator Annihilation Force
> - Favoured of Chaos
> - Trinity of Blood
> - The Chosen of Abaddon
> - The Bringers of Despair
> - The Hounds of Abaddon
> - Daemon Engine Pack
> - Cyclopia Cabal
> - The Tormented
> - Black Legion Warband
> - War Cabal
> - War Coven
> - Tzaangor Warherd
> - Sekhmet Conclave
> - Ahriman’s Exiles
> - Rehati War Sect
> - Plague Colony
> - Kakophoni

> - Chaos Artefacts, Warlord Traits, Tactical Objectives and an exclusive Detachment for each of the 9 Traitor Legions;
> - Updated Disciplines of Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh, as well as the Sinistrum, Heretech, Ectomancy and Geomortis Psychic Disciplines;
> - Armoury of the Chaos Space Marines.

that it? so if i wanted fluff and rules i would be buying the same book twice? ffs

Campaign.
Angels of Death had all the RG and WS stuff from Kauyon.

is that supposed to be a problem

none of the men look particularly handsome either

one of the keys has a cog motif, so mechanicus related?

sisters, deathwatch and grey knights should never been their own army, they should have stayed as super elites that inquisitors could have in their armys

mothafucka if you gonna include women and they ain't even worth making into waifus then don't even bother

the chaos legions book also has the rules for the other legions. The wrath of magnus book also has the rules for the updated tzeentch daemons.

If you're just playing thousand sons, nothing else, then it doesn't matter which you get rules wise, but if you're allying either other chaos marines or tzeentch daemons, then choice of book makes a difference.

Traitor Legions is allowing new and poorfag CSM players to access the entire arsenal for £20 instead of £110 (Legion, Slaughter, Hate, Wrath) and is way more portable. Some warning would have been nice but I'm a fan of the product for sure

2 new formations
Ha

>Most powerful psyker in the galaxy has a fetish for weaponized blanks

Life for Him on Earth is truly suffering

Not sure how those classy, dignified women are not quality marriage material.

Legion Artefacts/traits and new psychic powers might be cool. Also portability of product for physical players

Thought it's been established that a Psyker can overpower a Blank aura if they're sufficiently stronk.

Assuming the big E could overpower his entire harem if he wanted.

>physical players

Might be meaning physical products a player needs to carry around
>Either that or he plays 40k vs ghosts.

That is kinda the prerequisite to having a harem.

You don't have a female commisar?
Cis scum.

If i was running only 1k sons units for my army would Wrath of Magnus be a better option to get over Traitor legions ?

This, carrying a bunch of books is a pain

SJWs have made it to Australia already?

why cant my deathwatch captain get a relic blade unless he's in terminator armor :(

Gee I dunno would you rather pay £35 for just Tsons and Daemon rules or would you rather get 26 CSM formations (24 reprints), 8 sets of additional new legion rules alongside the same Tsons rules for £20

>mobileoppressionpalace.gif