The rifle that won the war

The rifle that won the war.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fAHXosoNlvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is just a reskin of that ak quote

Lasguns look so fucking blocky at full-scale

Lots of sharp corners to bludgeon your enemies with.

Welcome to 40k.
You take good things, and turn them to shit by mixing them with 40k.

Welcome to Veeky Forums.
You take good things, and turn them to shit by mixing them with Veeky Forums.

It says plywood. What fucking piece of shit gun is made of plywood?

Lasgun, obviously.

Considering a lasting has few moving parts and the most physical shock it has to endure rough handling and belting someone across the face, most probably are made of plywood or plastics.

Which is to say 40k.

The IP we know as 40k is just the vector for a brain disease that makes you unable to do or say anything that isn't 40k, which just spreads the disease.

Progression of the disease is irreversible and there's only one cure.

>Memetic cordyceps

We can build a setting out of this

That's Snow Crash. Good novel.

Lucius and Accatran are the best

>ywn be this mad over a fictional setting
Feels actually pretty good man

Mars pattern just demands a cork helmet, a monocle and a big moustache. Give it more punch and go on a safari on a desert world.

That's one lasgun for every twelve people in the Imperium of Man. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?

>muh flashlight works even in mud and sand!
Well, seeing as it has no fucking moving parts, unless you're literally obfuscating the firing lens with shit, it damn well better work in any condition, that's just how the fucking thing /functions/, it's not a mark of quality, good engineering, or anything else.

The better question is why the fuck you're making these retarded heaps of junk, since any land war being fought by an FTL-capable civilization (and who knows why the fuck they would ever fight one) has no use of illiterate conscripts with flashlights, and barely any use of soldiers at all.

Because Chaos fights on the ground, and so do Orks, Tyranids, Necrons, and Tau, and this means that unless you want to just immediately forfeit the planet as soon as your navy fails, you're gonna need boots on the ground.

This. Your navy can't do shit when a chaos cult takes over an important world

>can't do shit
"I commend the souls of those below for their leal service to the God Emperor. Begin orbital bombardment. I'll take my lunch in the Sabinate state room, I think."

>boots on the ground
How about armor, mechanized, air, and drone forces on the ground? Boots amount to effectively nothing in a conflict between interstellar civilizations.

Furthermore, an interstellar civilization should be at least a Type I Kardashev civilization and therefore has no need of, and is in fact rather inhibited by terrestrial habitation.

The only use of terrestrial worlds to such a race would be as recreational parks/zoos/nature preserves. All the matter and energy you need to sustain yourself is much more easily acquired from asteroids, moons, and gas giants.

>carpet bombing a forge world or a major agri world
Enjoy being turned into a servitor, I guess

How about you take your autistic bait somewhere else

>How about armor, mechanized, air, and drone forces on the ground? Boots amount to effectively nothing in a conflict between interstellar civilizations.
You say that but plasma buns and space marines exist.

You don't. If everyone has a lasgun, who will you sell lasguns to?

He's not mad of the setting, only how some people force it on everything with pretty toxic results. Similiar with some other IPs, like Dr Who.

Is it something in the tapwater, or why are both of these british?

>toxic

Lasguns are melee weapons
>Shoot at the eyes (more or less) flash of the flashlight blinds the enemy
>Bludgeon them

>waaah sensible things hurt my fee fees
>go away waaaaaah
Typical 40kid.

The rifle that won the war is the Galaxy-pattern M35, not the Kantrael-pattern Cadian issue m36

:^)

>Good novel
Shit novel. One of the worst books I've ever had the misfortune to read.

Simple, we up the arms race and start selling boltguns.

Man in front dies, man in back picks up lasgun.

Why are you incentivizing the production of more men than guns? It would be far more sensical to incentivize less people with better guns.

Those things do exist in the Imperium, with the exception of drones, since the Imperium is really not in to AI that doesn't involve a temperamental processor made out of a human brain or some shite.
The reason that guardsman fight on foot and use lasguns is simple: that's what the author wanted them to do. As for in universe, well, there are still plenty of places a tank can't go unless you are fighting alien races big enough to fit your tanks through their doorways and space marines with teleporters and shit kinda fill the role in between guardsman and tanks, but its also kinda cheaper and less complicated logistically to train and equip a quadrillion dudes with rifles than it is to equip the same number of dudes with tanks and personal drone support special suits that let them turn in to a ball to get in to tight spaces to find upgrades, and given that logistics is a major part of the whole problem of the imperium it really shouldn't trigger your autism that there are foot troops in a setting designed to accommodate them.

He's not INCENTIVIZING the production of men, he's stating it as a fact, and it is. Someone ran the numbers once and basically the average imperial planet is severely overpopulated as it is and the tithes are actually the only thing stopping most of them from starving themselves on accident.

>play board game
>"man lasguns and flak is so shit"

>play dark heresy
>"holy fucking shit bless this lasgun and flak armor for saving my life repeatedly"

>the average imperial planet is severely overpopulated as it is
So then gas/sterilize the fucks, stop running dumbass hive world/forge world madhouses and put your fucking head to task.

the people that want -two- lasguns obviously!

You seldomly face Chaos Space Marines or Crisis Suits in DH, so there's that

man i like 40k but stuff like the lasflashlight and the bolter are holding it back...

honestly tho the bolter is the worst offender. like where the fuck do the space marines keep the ammo for them when the bullets are supposed to be huge and they're supposed to kill like 10000 enemies each

The thing is, while sterilizing the population (or just enough of them) would solve the overpopulation problem, you actually WANT the explosive repopulation rate as a safeguard against enemy attacks. A besieged planet, with decent strategy, can completely replace even absurd losses with the kind of repopulation rates we're talking about here- and while a lot of the shit the Imperium gets attacked for is its own fault, Chaos, the 'Nids, Orks, Necrons, and Deldar are going to be raiding and reveang and waging campaigns against them anyway, so they DO need to be prepared to defend planets. And logistics are shit even with FTL since FTL is unstable, so depending on the planet to defend itself (or at least hold out until backup arrives) is your best bet.

Basically what it boils down to is that the combination of unavoidable logistical problems and unreasonably powerful and aggressive enemies leads to a need for overpopulated planets as a defensive measure, which in turn requires a massive sink of manpower.

Well yes, you could do that. Or, you could just employ WW1/Napoleonic era tactics for extra grim derpiness

>WAAAAH, I DON'T LIKE THIS THING, SO NOBODY ELSE IS ALLOWED TO ENJOY IT EITHER!!!!1!!!ONE
Grow the fuck up, you entitled little bitch, people are allowed to have different tastes than your own.

>you actually WANT the explosive repopulation rate as a safeguard against enemy attacks
No, you don't, because larger crowds of meatbags with flashlights are not useful in a military sense given the technological sophistication of the Imperium and its rivals. More people does not increase the productivity of a world, it drains it. It increases its consumption of material, it increases its propensity towards Chaos corruption, it increases the likelihood of rebellion, sedition, separatism, and all manner of security threats.

There is not /one/ advantage to stuffing worlds full of meatbags, even if you can give each one two frags and a lasgun. There are however, serious and disastrous negative consequences to allowing this kind of systemic idiocy to plague the Imperium.

you don't realize how ass-backwards the imperium and mankind as a whole has become after two nigh apocalyptic events bend them over and had their way with that sweet, juicy society till there was nearly nothing left do you?
and they can't recover properly because basicaly every alien and magical race in the galaxy are at constant, neverending war with each other and want you dead.
yes, you specificaly.
that shitty fleshlight and some boots on the ground is the best they can do to hold the line while the more advanced war machines are always out of stock and needed somewhere else more. so suck it up and keep shooting that carnifex/monolyth/battlesuit/chaos terminator bucko.

Nic Cage from Lord of War, to be specific.

youtube.com/watch?v=fAHXosoNlvo

first man in line gets the rifle
the second, ammunition
when the first is killed, the second picks up the rifle and shoots

If your answer to overpopulation is mass castration, abortions and trips to the ovens, then you litterally serve Satan.

>More people does not increase the productivity of a world, it drains it.
What liberals actually believe.

Well, that makes you wrong.

Sterilization can employed humanely, even en masse. Rural India is setting up a good example.
The other methods... not so much.

>Oh no, whatever shall I do now that I have been named a servant of the devil by someone who is upset with my opinions, guess I better pack it in.

>It says plywood. What fucking piece of shit gun is made of plywood?
I think a no-guns was trying to suggest that the stock was a wood laminate.

>clip

>there's only one cure.
I-is it smoking crack?

No they aren't. Fuck off.

It's okay. Clearly lost control of his language center; he didn't know what he was typing.

Prove me wrong.

Son Hotshot Mars pattern then.

All Guardsman Party is holy

>FTL-capable civilization
You are making a big assumption user. The Imperium is "mostly" FTL-capable. You can arrive in a second. A year, or even before your departure, whitout the actual distance influencing this in any way. And the time you perceive while in the warp is also totally unrelated to your realspace travel time.
That is, if you even make it to your intended destination. Or if you make it out of the warp period.

>50513146
>How about armor, mechanized, air
Yes, they have these. A lot of these.

>Drones
Abominable Intelligence is heresy. It is cheaper to send a man with a flashlight than to train a drone handler and field a drone handler with a flashlight. Plus, do you even have a compatible forge-world to do this on any meaningful scale? And do you have an Adeptus Mechanicus-approved STC to even know how to produce the thing?>

>has no need of, and is in fact rather inhibited by terrestrial habitation.
Again, do you have an approved STC, a compatible Forge-World and the actual ressource to do it in your sector?
Some sectors do, but it is too meaningless to be recorded in the books.

>All the matter and energy you need to sustain yourself is much more easily acquired from asteroids, moons, and gas giants.
Unless you don't have any large scale space mining fleet. Some sectors do. Life is easy for those guys. Lucky fuckers.

Was also meant to respond to but I'm a fucking moron.

Come on, you make it sound like playing as a retinue for the Not!Doctor as an Ordo Chronos radical Inquisitor would be a bad idea.
Well, it could be a bad idea. But it could also be fun as hell.
I'd play it.

Gets me everytime.