Horus Heresy General /hhg/

We've Been Hijacked Edition
Let's all talk about something else besides the latest book Sub-Edition
In the last thread we had another issue, one user wanted to know if he could mix and match Termie arms, not even people posting their latest work and game results could save the bread, we do not have those links you're looking for and never will, new OP images were made, and it went all downhill from there. >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/dh8xcf9ms2rmmau/Too_old_for_this_shit.mp3
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mitchel_Scanlon
youtube.com/watch?v=a-C9q-Na6_w
youtube.com/watch?v=mk2SNcpTNbs&t=1276s
youtube.com/watch?v=ehZMQ9Q1Jko
youtu.be/ijHg3NQ_aEI
investor.games-workshop.com/2016/12/01/trading-update-5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>we do not have those links you're looking for and never will
But we do!
The Perpetual Mp3
mediafire.com/file/dh8xcf9ms2rmmau/Too_old_for_this_shit.mp3

People always said the flamewar between space wolves and thousand sons would be a shitstorm but the ranting about black library feels much worse. Talk about or show your dudes instead.

You I wonder if I should have picked different colors for the eyes instead of sticking to what that other user did. Kyme can remain the odd man out due to not having the decency or rather having the decency to not hide his true nature.

Magnus did nothing wrong.

>XV did nothing wrong
FTFY

I did show my dude but I guess it got lost in the flamewar. And honestly it's not even that impressive so no biggie.
It's not THIN YOUR PAINTS level nor Eavy Metal level, just TT quality.

Someone spoiler this shit.

Just add a glaze over them and call'em done.

That's the way good old Saint Duncan likes it.

Please stop praying for the Emperor.
He broke out of the Golden Throne and not even the 13th Black Crusade can stop Him.

I don't know how to do that, but I did some inverting. It actually makes Laurie look more threatening than he does with the normal white eye edit.

>Laurie
I'm right and you're wrong fag, I'll do what I want fuck you
>Graham
Hey anons, let's all look at these references I've made, aren't they clever and not obvious at all, ps I like casual racism me
>Ben Counter
who?
>Dan
The only good endings are abrupt ones, ps remember I invented half of this universe and I don't even play the game kek
>Gav
What, do you mean, I don't, know how to, use, commas correctly,?
>John French
Bet you didn't see this coming
>Big Jim
Leave me alone with my husbando cruel world
>I don't know who that is
I don't know who that is
>Chris Wraight
I'm not John French
>Nick Kyme
Red, fire, coals, vulkan, buy this new model, red, fire, anvils, vulkan, somebody else's invention but used shittier, red, fire, flame, vulkan
>ADB
My dad left us, my brother hates me and there's no point to life except waifus

Guy Hayley, being a literal goblin, is in this picture but is hiding sneakily.

Maybe I'm just shit, but that's one level about TT quality to me. I like it a lot and I'm not that legion.

Very neat user!

>>I don't know who that is
>I don't know who that is
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mitchel_Scanlon

I one-up you again, breadanon.

>mfw
Thanks, guys, you're making me lose my sides. Here's a relevant video. youtube.com/watch?v=a-C9q-Na6_w

Heh, your welcome. I like those guys.

I'm pleased how effective simply-chopped sprues look.

Your painting and modelling seems very admirable.
What is your recipe for painting steel?

Looks like the thread might be comfy. Post comfy music.
youtube.com/watch?v=mk2SNcpTNbs&t=1276s

Thanks, masking tape is definitely useful for that. It just needs to be cut thin enough and positioned well, one stripe after the other and then you take off one out of two so that you get an equally sized parallel gap eveywhere.

My metal is super simple:
-Prime Black
-Leadbelcher
-Agrax Earthshade in the recesses
-Nuln Oil everywhere
-Stormhost Silver for edge highlights and battle damage
-Sponge Rhinox Hide and Abaddon Black for weathering/dirtying

Because I keep it at Leadbelcher, my IW are darker than most, especially after the liberal sponging that I do. I'm okay with it since I picture and base them in the middle of trench warfare.

I'l just hoping that the airbrush I'm treating myself this Christmas will help me get a smoother finish and a huge time gain on priming and basecoating the metal. Right now I'm doing everything by hand.

Oh my bad, I read hazard stripes instead of chopped sprues!
Yeah they're great for that! All you need is to cut them to a point, then I follow Duncan's tutorial on rusty weapons.

>my IW are darker than most
I think they're as Goldilocks would say "just right", at least within the "spectrum" that matters as what "just right" constitutes for that legion in my opinion.

My own current "recipe" (can't remember where I found it, sadly) is:

>Leadbelcher
>Heavy Drybrush Ironbreaker
>Nuln oil
>Runefang Steel (to taste, generally a lighter drybrush)
>Gloss varnish
>Then a "wash" of black oil paint (W&N) thinned down with white spirits

I've forgotten the precise details of the recipe the guy I learnt it from used, but I can't remember where it's from, which is inhibiting me from going back to it because I haven't painted IW in a looooong time. :(

Hazard stripes can be hard to get right too, what's your method?
How wide is the tape you use? How do you measure it if you cut it? And have you tried it on uneven surfaces?

>Grenade launcher fist
>Muzzle extends past knuckles
>punches once, grenade launcher ruined.
Ehhh. Any of the fist-mounted examples fits that criteria, like flamers mounted on Dread CCWs, or at least some of them.
Then nigga here has a quad-autocannon on each forearm.
Tell me how is he supposed to rip out a heart with those? The cannons will fill up with gore. No biggie but it's a paint in the iron to clean that out.

Ahh, comfy music is comfy. Once upon a time I was sick, fever and all that. This helped me up.
youtube.com/watch?v=ehZMQ9Q1Jko

The tape I use is the standard 6mm from Tamiya, but I cut it in half to make it 3 or 2 mm wide with a ruler, basically cutting it vertically, to have 2/3 long stripes that I cut horizontally, in order to have plenty of thin stripes.

I then start applying them from one corner of the surface to the other end, putting one stripe next to each other and taking off 1 out of 2 stripes to get an even spacing. Then I paint yellow on the corners of the stripes to seal the edges and avoid the black paint going under the tape. 2 coats of black between the tapes, cassandora yellow wash on the yellliw and done, just need to be weathered.

I found the "painting the edges of the tape to avoid paint foing under it" here:
youtu.be/ijHg3NQ_aEI

Nice music there, user.

Why doesn't Malcador have rules for ANY of the armoes in HH?

I just want a tank with a crapton of Shrapnel Heavy Bolters on it. And 24" Large Blast S10 AP2 Ordnance on it.

Malcador Defender, that is.

Also forgot pic.

Years ago I saw the beginning of a short story about the Alpha Legion - they had snuck agents on board some other Legion's support craft, and the Legions had all kinds of cybernetic implants, etc. It was really neat, showed how the Legion serfs are an integral part of the AL's tactical planning. I can't recall the name, can anyone help me? Thanks.

Can't you take any Imperial Armour Superheavy as a LoW? As for 30k-exclusive version of the rules, eh, not for a while.

Whoops, I guess no Malcadors, only Valdors.
Well too bad. Superheavy makeshift bunker WHEN?!

That's what a Mastadon, Leviathan, and Capitol Imperialis are, user.
>that pic
It needs stats.

Not dedicated mobile fortresses, but makeshift bunkers. user told us about people burying regular tanks and using them as such, and I think the Valdor has a Vox system capable of communicating with ships in orbit.
>Stats
Leman Russ Defender
4 sponson-mounted autocannons
12 Heavy stubbers? I forgot about the rules for those.
Also, wasn't I supposed to do something after dinner?

>Also, wasn't I supposed to do something after dinner
Brush your teeth, and beat a Word Bearer to death?
> user told us about people burying regular tanks and using them as such, and I think the Valdor has a Vox system capable of communicating with ships in orbit.
I want to know more.

Well so he said. He talked about people burying tanks in WW2, leaving only the turret uncovered, while they'd use wire to extend the antenna away from the Tank itself, further concealing the position.

Why would anyone want Imperial tanks to act like Eldar weapon platforms in shrubbery, though? Part of the fun of Imperial tanks is guns blazing everywhere on all sides.

To prove humans can out Eldar actual Eldar? To get back at all of the rapes their cousins did to our worlds? Pic incredibly related.

To gain a 4+++ on top of that AV 14/13/11 , perhaps?
I mean, a Superheavy armed only with Heavy Bolters isn't exactly my war-winning idea.
Maybe Churchill's?

Hey, that Superheavy also has a 24" Ordnance 1 S10 AP2 Large Blast hull mounted gun as well.

I'm working on my chicks right now. Do Sisters of Silence even have 'your dudes' potential?

I always forget

Of course they do, all their pics in collected visions are from different squads each with different names like Diamond Vixens or Fire Cats or Ice Lynx or some shit like that. We just need more info about them.

Wait for Talons of the Emperor.

Prolly not, but who knows?

Actually, since that huge hull-mounted cannon is Ordnance, you'd be better off snapfiring the 18 HBolter shots.

I thought Superheavies didn't care about Ordnance.
>Now listen ya witch
Sure they do. Your Girls.
Being soulless doesn't make them a faceless blob, in fact all the contrary

Oh, I forgot that, you may be right then.

Didn't get many responses, so I'll try one more time. Please post your Praetors!

So I was thinking of converting some new chaos raptors into legion assault marines

I have plenty of Mk4 helmets, torsos and shoulders plus 5 bootleg Mk4 jump packs, but I still think the legs might be a little too gaudy

Should I just eat the shame of using Mk7 legs from the normal assault marine set?

Does any one have burning of prospero painting guide?

Speaking of Scoria and Mortarion, did anyone get a response from FW when several people emailed them at once a few days ago? They haven't replied to me yet.

There's a new short story about Arkhan Land on BL now.

How important is reserve manipulation? If I have 2 outflanking sniper vet squads is it worth investing the 100 points in a Damocles command rhino? I really like the whole "add 1 to your reserve rolls" and I'm pretty sure you can subtract 1 from your opponent's too. But I rarely see them in games on YouTube and lists on here

Been away for about a week, how did everything go to shit and does AWG still use his trip

> how did everything go to shit
MoM

>does AWG still use his trip
Not that I've seen.

ADB short story about Land. Let's hope there will not be anyone's daddy and it will be cool.

It's a god-awful small affair
To the girl with the shaven head
But the Red King is yelling, "No!"
And her Emprah has told her to go
But her friend is nowhere to be seen
Now she walks through her sunken dream
To the seat with the clearest view
And she's hooked to the holoscreen

But Prospero's a saddening bore
For she's lived it ten times or more
She could shoot in the eyes of fools
As she cancels their powers as...

[cHorus:]
Witches fighting in the main hall
Oh man!
Look at those wizards go
It's the freakiest show
Take a look at the Wolfman
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show
Is there life on Mars?

It's on Sek-Amrak's tortured brow
Mortarion has grown up a cow
Now the astartes have struck for fame
'Cause we go make war again
See the army in their million hordes
From Ibizium to the Norfolk Broads
Ruling Terra is out of bounds
To my sergeant, my dog, and town

But Prospero's a saddening bore
'Cause I fought it ten times or more
It's about to be fought again
As I ask you to focus on

[Chorus]

So, how are Nightlords as a Legion?

>Fear

Does it play out well?

If you like
>Fear

dont power fists and the like generate a force field around the fist when you go for the punch?
maybe it extends around the weapon as well so you dont get those problems
lord knows how he rips hearts out tho

maybe thats just black library being their usual selves

im planning on painting mine up to look sort of like this and call them the sisterhood of the undying or some shit

Primarchs helmets can't arrive too soon. They direly need it.
Just look at thr Corax with mk6 some user did in this general and how good Perty looks with a simple helmet on.
Faces on miniatures are something I abhor.

>GW profits higher for the last half year under Roundtree than the whole year before under Kirby

Almost seems like listening to what your customers would like to see is profitable

Funny, I was wondering when we'd see the results of based Rountree this morning.
Mind sharing a link?

Definitely glad it works out for GW, they made efforts, and it paid off. They just need to keep going and it'll be all good.

That does look good. Here's somebody's conversion of guilliman with a helmet, for what it's worth.

With a bit of careful cutting and green stuffing, I'm sure you can get Russ' helmet out of Ulrik's damn dirty paws.

investor.games-workshop.com/2016/12/01/trading-update-5/

Time to photoshop based Roundtree's face over a pic of the emperor ? :^)

Why do people keep putting power armour helmets into terminator bodies, they don't work. there's a ton of different terminator helmets out there, people, use them.

>not a indomitus bulldog helmet

Shame.

Shame that the gold is a tad thick on the helmet, it's a pretty solid Dr.Robotnik otherwise.
Most definitely.

If anything, his armor looks more Cataphractii than anything else, even though his armor is a custom design.

I don't recognise the helmet though.

>I hhhhhhate that heretic!

Because FW does it as well, look through conquest or the victory is vengeance rules to find that SoH Praetor with the SoH command squad helmet.

Same applies to tartaros armour which also has MKIV looking helmets.

Got a more specific page?

>Same applies to tartaros armour which also has MKIV looking helmets.

Key point being "looking". It's not a MkIV helmet slapped onto the body, sticking out because various bits of it doesn't fit into the opening on the torso, it's a helmet modeled specifically to fit into the terminator body.

I once put a Marine helmet into a terminator body and it took a lot of cutting and filing to fit that thing in there without looking like his neck is stretching out of the torso.

>>In his astral scryings, Magnus learned of Horus’ nascent treachery. The Warmaster had been seduced by the Dark Gods. Aghast, Magnus projected his consciousness to warn his father as he created his great works upon Terra. In doing so, he damaged the Emperor’s sanctum beyond recovery. The Emperor, enraged, did not listen, and banished Magnus from his sight. He then ordered Horus to unleash the Space Wolves, capture Magnus and bring him to Terra in chains. Horus instead told Russ to bring utter devastation to the Thousand Sons. The war that followed was apocalyptic.

wew lads

WoM is retcons galore mate. Fucking crazy.

Russ confirmed not at fault. Russ did nothing wrong.

Black Library confirmed non-canon?

>Arkham's dad is the reason everyone calls it a Land Raider instead of a Land's Raider.

Nope, the WoM has plenty of BL lore in it.

Only the warning seems to be in flux.

Its so funny to me how far lore has changed to make the SW faultless at this point. IA had Russ convincing the Emperor Magnus was a traitor, now this lol.

>Not keeping the oathstone
The Guilliman pimp levels are at critical levels.

Cool I haven't read it yet. Still GW confirming BL story lines as canon isn't the same as BL being canon. Especially with this huge retcon.

Conquest, double page picture p50 and 51, to the right of Space Dad you can find the SoH Praetor I talked about.

Looks amazing, similar to the MIVish Justaerin too.

>I can't paint faces, gimme e-z helmets.

Imperial Armour?

Also you should know the Fenris has a world soul in the shape of a giant wolf. It's this world soul from which the Rune Priests draw their elemental and primal powers from.

Magnus was trying to poison the World Soul by injecting with the Warp but it resisted. It manifested in the heavens fought against the great serpent of Chaos.

So the Woofs are right. They do not draw their power from the Warp, they draw it from Fenris. In your face TSfags.

Index Astartes.

Basically, yeah.
Why?

>They do not draw their power from the Warp, they draw it from Fenris.
This is the most Mary Sue shit I've ever heard. Not even mad cause thats straight bullshit.

It just confirms that nobody at GW can agree on the Warning thing because all sources say a different thing at the moment. LG says that "Crimson King" and "The Black Legion" will address this. But who knows?

The Fenris soul is still a warp entity, ie a daemon, it's just one in opposition to the Four.
Think of it like Be'lakor, except it actually thinks it's 'good-er'.

>Tyranids draw their power from the Hivemind, not the Warp
>C'tan draw their power from the cosmos, not the warp
>Orks draw their power from Waaaagh!...etc etc

But it's not okay for Wolves to draw power from something else than the Warp? What are you racist?

>Think of it like Be'lakor, except it actually thinks "Who's a good boy? You are yes you are."
FIFY.

Oh, please do. I might steal your idea desu.

>it's just one in opposition to the Four.
This is huge if true though. If this is confirmed then it basically confirms the Imperium has created a warp god with the Emperor worship. If this is the power of one world imagine a million.

>Warp
>Reality 'gods'
>Warp
Honestly I dont know what your on about.

>>C'tan draw their power from the cosmos, not the warp
Except the C'tan are pure condensed physicality, avatars of the raw power of the primordial universe, when the laws of physics were still malleable.

The Warp is literally their antithesis, their one and absolute counter.

>Wrath of Magnus
The SW just curbstomp the Sons and get all their hypocrisy and arrogant mistakes justifed and excused, PS they have their own pet warp god

jesus christ

>Hivemind
>WAAAGH!
>Warp
But that's wrong you idiot.