Wrath of Magnus

Posting art from the new campaign book for the glory of the Great Deceiver.

Some of these are great, some horrendous lol.

Thanks for posting user.

He said the Rubric would cure the flesh change. He said that it would stop the mutations.

Freaking Ahriman.

Does anyone else find these bored, disembodies eyes awesome? I'm not even throwing shade. It can't just be me.

Did Bjorn survive? He's the only Space Corgi I really care about.

>He said the Rubric would cure the flesh change.
It did that its just didn't do this
>He said that it would stop the mutations.
Which it wasnt supposed to do.

>Did Bjorn survive?
Of course he did. Yiffs got of so easy its not even funny.

Those tank lol. Giv'em hell champ

That's all the new art.

>In his astral scryings, Magnus learned of Horus’ nascent treachery. The Warmaster had been seduced by the Dark Gods. Aghast, Magnus projected his consciousness to warn his father as he created his great works upon Terra. In doing so, he damaged the Emperor’s sanctum beyond recovery. The Emperor, enraged, did not listen, and banished Magnus from his sight. He then ordered Horus to unleash the Space Wolves, capture Magnus and bring him to Terra in chains. Horus instead told Russ to bring utter devastation to the Thousand Sons. The war that followed was apocalyptic.

Finally, the Anti-Russfags can cut it out.

The Empreror told Horus to tell Russ to bring Magnus back alive. Horus instead told Russ to kill Magnus.

Lmao. That retcons BL so hard. BL confirmed not canon.

If you dont mind answering questions does it mention the Rubric of Ahriman at all. Because the new Scarab Occult seem to retcon that as well.

Not really. Didn't Russ talk about Horus's orders in PB?

This is from False Gods

>‘But what of Magnus?’ asked Maloghurst urgently, ‘What happens when Leman Russ returns him to Terra?’ Horus smiled. ‘Calm yourself, Mal. I have already contacted my brother Russ and illuminated him with the full breadth of Magnus’s treacherous use of daemonic spells and conjurations. He was… suitably angry, and I believe I have convinced him that to return Magnus to Terra would be a waste of time and effort.’ Maloghurst returned Horus’s smile. ‘Magnus will not leave Prospero alive.’ ‘No,’ agreed Horus. ‘He will not.’

Seriously this hard retcons BL and the entire Prospero incident.

That's a sassy looking Eye of Tzeentch.

I love it.

Not at all. Both quotes say the exact same thing:
Horus told Russ to kill Magnus/TS. One is equivalent to the other; you can't attack the TS without expecting Magnus to retaliate.

NO in BLverse horus changes the orders

>Malcador chuckled dryly. ‘I never asked you how it felt, Constantin, to see Prospero burn. Did even your callous soul blanch at that?’ Valdor didn’t miss a beat. ‘No. It was necessary.’ ‘Was it?’ sighed Malcador. ‘I did not give the order. I wanted Magnus censured, not destroyed. What was it that made Russ do it? You never could give me an answer.’ Dorn exhaled impatiently. ‘You know all of this, Malcador. You know all that happened there, just as we do.’ He was coldly furious. ‘Does this need repeating? The Warmaster is at the heart of it, poisoning everything we do, and now he has the blood of three more Legions on his hands.’

Russ was ordered to bring Magnus in then Horus convinced him otherwise.

From ATS

>"As Ahriman opened Wyrdmake to all that he had seen, he too learned all that had driven the Space Wolves and the Custodes to make such furious war upon the Thousand Sons. He saw the honeyed words of Horus and the sinister urgings of Constantin Valdor, each spoken with very different purposes, but designed to sway Leman Russ towards a destination of total destruction. The scale of this betrayal shocked him to the root of all that he was. Ahriman had come to terms with Horus Lupercal’s betrayal, for it had its origins in the snares and delusions woven by beings to whom the passage of vigintillions of aeons were but the blink of an eye. This? This was all too human treachery. These were lies, told for noble reasons, but which had brought about the unintended consequences of Prospero’s destruction."

BL confirmed not canon.

Don't worry. They will edit fix it like they always do.

Pretty sure they put out ATS and FG in hardcover already. That is THE definitive version according to BL and LG.

> Horus instead told Russ to bring utter devastation to the Thousand Sons.
Why did Magnus join Horus if this was the case btw? does it go into that.

Reprints are still a thing. Also the digital copies can be edited on the fly. For example, If you bought the hardcover of the Carnac series in its first release, then you would have gotten a copy with fluff mistakes.

They released the series with a new cover and with fluff fixes.

>When his Legion began to fall to a strange mutative flaw in their gene-seed, Magnus saved his sons from the dreaded flesh-curse by consulting with an unknowable deity in the Warp. Though that act cost him much – including one of his eyes, some said – it saw the salvation of his kindred. For a while, his warrior mystics were unblemished in form and mind, able to summon and control the energies of the Empyrean with greater skill than any other Legion.

----------------

>After the notion of psychic warfare was put on trial at the Council of Nikaea, however, the Emperor delivered an edict that forbade the Adeptus Astartes from using Warp-born power. To a brotherhood of occult masters such as the Thousand Sons, such a punishment was untenable. Magnus and his sons continued their studies in secret.

>In his astral scryings, Magnus learned of Horus’ nascent treachery. The Warmaster had been seduced by the Dark Gods. Aghast, Magnus projected his consciousness to warn his father as he created his great works upon Terra. In doing so, he damaged the Emperor’s sanctum beyond recovery. The Emperor, enraged, did not listen, and banished Magnus from his sight. He then ordered Horus to unleash the Space Wolves, capture Magnus and bring him to Terra in chains. Horus instead told Russ to bring utter devastation to the Thousand Sons. The war that followed was apocalyptic.

>Magnus, in his disgrace, chose not to defend his glorious city of Tizca – not until the screams of his sons grew too loud to ignore. When the Primarch brought his might to bear the carnage was great indeed. It was too late; Prospero already burned. In his grief, Magnus was defeated in combat with Leman Russ, but worked a spell at the last to spirit himself, his Legion and much of the city of Tizca away into the Warp. Yet their travails were far from over. As they sought a ragged unity upon their adopted home, the Planet of the Sorcerers, the Thousand Sons succumbed to the flesh-curse still lurking in their genes. Chief Librarian Ahriman took drastic action. He worked a great rite, the rubric, but it worked all too well. Though it saved his brothers from mutation, it did so by transmuting their mortal forms to sentient dust sealed within their armour. Magnus was furious. He cast Ahriman and his fellow exiles across the stars, the Legion broken. Now, they stand united in one thing only – a thirst for revenge.

That's all the backstory. No answer why Magnus joined Horus.

Interesting. Thanks user. This book is a really odd mix of fluff by the looks of it.

Nicol Bolas?

>dem tanks
>"This place ain't half bad."
>"Really?"
>"Yeah, it's all bad."
>"Dooohohohohohoho!"

Why would Horus want Magnus dead?

>Why would Horus want Magnus dead?
Because Magnus saw Horus turning to Chaos? Emps just didnt believe him when he told him because giant red flaming horror fucking up all his shit.

If he'd gotten back to Terra and explained Horus was fucked.

It's just that in the BL world of everything is just as planned, you would have thought that it was all orchestrated by Horus to have Magnus fall.

The thing is that Ahriman didn't con them at all. He genuinely believed that it would work. And as far I can tell, it DID work but with a terrible side effect.

Aren't all the 1K sons immune to mutation, now?

Because Magnus is the backup plan. If the Emperor's Webway project explodes, he can still force Magnus to sit on the Golden Throne until the Emperor finds a solution.

If Magnus is out of commission, the Webway project is doomed.

Horus didnt think he could turn Magnus. It worked out for him though because Tzeentch was already just as planning everything dicking Magnus over in every single way. Poor guy.

>Because Magnus is the backup plan.
Horus didnt even know about the webway project at this point mate. He was still all jelly dad wouldnt tell him.

>Aren't all the 1K sons immune to mutation, now?
No not at all. The Rubrics are of course but not normal TS. The Rubric cured them of the flesh change as Tzeentch/Magnus had removed his protection from them.

T I T A N
I
T
A
N

user does it mention the TS's numbers in this book? Because that looks like a fuck tonne of Thousand Sons invading.

So... bl says it was the custodians and horus? How does this vindicate wolf-fags? I don't even the arguments.

because the Thousands Son would basically turn the tide in the Emperor's favor thanks to being anti-daemon powers, and extremely powerful

>The Emperor, enraged, did not listen, and banished Magnus from his sight. He then ordered Horus to unleash the Space Wolves, capture Magnus and bring him to Terra in chains. Horus instead told Russ to bring utter devastation to the Thousand Sons.
How does this make any sense? Emperor had to sent his Custodes and SoS first so literally what?

So what's the overall plot? Most importantly, which Wolves die?

Those are not mutations, he clearly strapped an horror behind his cape

Reading it atm. Will give spoilers as soon as I am done.

The Changeling wanted to release Luthor and the Fallen so that the Grey Knights and Inquisition would know the truth about the Dark Angels but....

>With the greatest concentration of cells within arm’s reach, the Changeling found his way barred: not by the embattled heroes, but by a diminutive figure that was hidden entirely by white robes and carried a graven crozius in both arms. The Daemon recoiled in horror, for the creature before it was anathema to its kind. The creature focussed its baleful glare, and the Changeling turned and fled.

What the heck are the Watchers in the Dark?

So what's the story in the book?
And why are people saying that it btfo the furries?

Would love to know if Ahriman actually does anything? Who gives a fuck about Magnus anyway.

What the fuck. Was this actually from the book?

It looks like it was pulled from deviantart

maybe they are some kind of naturally blank creature

The novel Curse of the Wulfen confirms that they are blanks.

Maybe they are loli Sisters of Silence?

Finally, we got to know when Magnus was sharded. This ties in to the Ahriman novels.

>creepy bald blank lolis
as much as it would amuse me...were they already present on caliban or were they first recorded somewhere/somewhen else?

Interesting shit m8. Doesnt mention when he got back together though does it.

The Lion first encounters them on Caliban if my memory serves well.

The final novel in the Ahriman series does, though.

Yeah but I'm not sure when thats based during the timeline. Was it before or after the Battle of the Fang for example?

My guess after the Battle of the Fang.

In Wrath of Magnus we are seeing a whole Magnus because the event takes place in the dead end of the timeline.

Are you posting anything else?

Having a break at the moment. I am at the part where Magnus manifests on Fenris.

Another piece of information is that the Thousand Sons are not just invading Fenris. Thousand Sons Silver Towers are appearing all over the galaxy and unleashing warp storms and daemons. It's a massive Tzeentchian of real space invasion.

Fair enough mang its like 140 pages or something lol.

>Thousand Sons Silver Towers are appearing all over the galaxy and unleashing warp storms and daemons.
What are the silver towers? Like I know they're these but does it go into what they are? Because real space ships that allow demons to spawn are pretty OP fluff wise.

They are towers of the Prosporo that were dislodged and taken to the Planet of Sorcerers by Magnus's escape spell and at the same time they are part of Tzeentch's Labyrinth. TS use them as transports to travel around real space and other dimensions. They are armed with arcane cannons and their presence empowers daemons and sorcery. Anything near them gets corrupted or transfigured by the energies that it unleashes.

>and at the same time they are part of Tzeentch's Labyrinth.
Yeah... Ok so do the TS pilot that shit? Are they attacking everywhere else too?

>Yeah... Ok so do the TS pilot that shit?

Magic.

>Are they attacking everywhere else too?

Yep, the TS towers are appearing across the galaxy. This is the Wolf Time/ End Times.

>Yep, the TS towers are appearing across the galaxy.
I didnt realise there was enough Thousand Sons to do that. Between Fenris and this... unless the sons themselves are only on Fenris.

We are given descriptions of TS invasions outside of Fenris. TS are spread out.

It isn't only TS marines that are part of invasion forces. They got daemons and Tzaangors.

*arouse

Sounds like something that will be followed up next book/dex then. Sounds crazy. Thanks for answering questions m8.

Why ALL the current Thousand Sons blue? I thought those were just the ones who joined Ahriman.

They're not. There's several different colour schemes in the book.

It looks that GW conformed that John French's Ahriman is canon.

>they're not!
>literally all blue gold or gold blue

Lol sorry it the only one I saved cause of the cool fluff. There the traditional red as well, but it allows you to do what ever you want.

Bitching. If Ahriman just found the webway path to Terra lol.

Still it doenst explain why Scarab Occult have now been rubric'd. They were the most powerful before hand.

I've seen 2 or 3 pages of the Thousand Sons cults in the book, and none of them were red.

Also, Scarabs as Rubrics is fucking retarded.

Also, Why don't the Thousand Sons believe in shit like Melta guns?

Stay mad, daemonfucker.

You had to make me go look didnt you.

>There were those born of Fenris, yet not taken into the ranks of the Sky Warriors, who somehow overcame the Daemon interlopers that hurled fire and damnation into their midst. Whether by fieldcraft, stealth or might of arms they had wrested victory against the odds, but they were forever changed. Veteran huscarls walked back to their kin with axes held loosely and a blank stare in their eyes. Glory-hungry youths were ravaged horribly by what they saw. Shieldmaidens slunk as stooped as crones to sleepless beds. These were the lucky ones, for they were at least sound in body if not in mind.

>So profound and powerful were the energies of change that roiled across the planet that those mortals touched directly by Tzeentch’s fires underwent terrible transformations. Gangling mutations erupted from bronzed and weather-beaten flesh, eyes bulged from armpits and backs, and crests of feathers and quills ran down shaven scalps and shoulders. Some lost their cohesion of form altogether, reshaped into horrible spawn-things that defied description and damaged the sanity of all who witnessed their transformation. Those born under the unnatural skies were monstrous. Even those who seemed clean of limb, when given the birth-axe, not only grasped the weapon – as was only right and favoured – but used it to hack away at their shocked parents’ hands. Who knows how many young Fenrisian warriors who appeared whole and sound would grow with a hidden seed of change planted inside them that would one day bear shocking fruit.

>>The Fenrisian tribes had been cursed. It was a calculated and deliberate bane sent upon them by Magnus the Red, for his Legion had been riddled by the flesh-change long ago; in part that was the very reason they had sought to master the arts that saw them persecuted. The rampant mutation did not go unnoticed by the agents of the Ordo Hereticus still monitoring the Fenris System for traces of Chaos taint. In the darkness of secret psykana sanctums, astropathic missives were sent screaming out across the void.

Magnus targeting civilians by implanting them with the seed of madness and mutation. How low will Magnus stoop? Magnus the murder of innocence!

If that happened planet wide then shits fucked yo.

Is that it lol? Two?

Are you retarded?

And what exactly donyounthink happened to those citizens on prospero? They were slaughtered by the wolves without a second thought. Magnus is just being poetic with his revenge, it's no worse than if he just genocided them

>it's no worse than if he just genocided them
It's actually much worse because the Imperium kills those affected by demons/mutations and the Inquisition is already right there. So he makes them suffer then lets someone else finish the job.

Besides if any slip through who know what that means for SW recruiting?

>Rune Priest Ashbeard knelt amongst the embers of the Oshva Weald, hands planted squarely on the ground as he mentally reached out to his brethren within the Fang. There was no answer, for the air itself was tinged with the disruptive energies of Chaos. There was something deeply wrong with the world-spirit of Fenris – the planet’s essence was wounded, and that wound was in danger of being infected by the energies of the Warp. All Ashbeard could see in his mind’s eye was a cyclopean visage staring imperiously down at him. He broke off the connection with a shudder. If his brothers were there in the mindscape he usually prowled with ease, he could not find them.

We are getting confirming that Fenris has a spirit of its own that empowers the Wolves with primal and elemental power. The planet has leylines that the TS are trying to use to corrupt the planet by poisoning it with the Warp.

? There are two pictures of red thousand sons, and about what, 20 blue and gold?

Well that needs explaining.

>The heavens above Fenris glittered and burned as the works of Magnus unfolded. Blazing debris rained from the sky, the wreckage of once-proud craft destroyed by treachery and tragic misunderstanding. Silver Towers hovered in low orbit, their bombardments of kaleidoscopic energy ripping apart any Imperial craft that dared to engage. The shimmering auroras that filled the night sky wavered and took form, becoming great zodiacal legends that rippled and writhed in the stratosphere. To the tribesmen of Fenris, the burning serpent of the Thousand Sons looked vast enough to consume the stars, and with each night it had grown larger. But it was not alone – with the warrior spirit of Fenris fanned to a blaze by Magnus’ invasion, the World Wolf had appeared in spirit form. The people of Fenris experienced a fierce rapture as the celestial beast ripped and tore great streaming nebulas of aether-essence from its serpentine foe. It was a battle of the most surreal and inhuman scale, for each blow took an entire night to land. To the seers and shamans of Fenris, however, it was a sure sign that the immortal spirit of the planet was bloodied but unbowed.

What's more to explain? The Wolves were right all along.

Fenris has a primal soul and that soul manifested in the form of a soul. A wolf that refused to go down without a fight against the serpent of Chaos.

Form of a wolf*