Infinity General: Unknown Ranger Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where the world still needs goofy-looking heroes.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>No-longer-provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (different toilet, same shit)
www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/AHdu8kyb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

IT'S SHIT. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Although hooking his shield onto the tactical fist arm to make it look like he's shielding someone might fix the model.

he looks like he's doing the black panther salute, or at the minimum doing the "Fight the Power" kinds motif,
Personally glad i have a pewter mule on the east coast that got me the gen con ver. for my b-day.
thanks Jeffy

>The good models are exclusives.
I think I'm done with infinity until blackjacks come out.

To slow and shitty with their releases for me to deal.

>until blackjacks come out
Confirmed for not anytime in 2017.
See you next week

>The good models are exclusives
Yeah, tell me about it. I recently learned that the Red Veil Yuan Yuan only really looks good from one specific angle and lacks some presence in most others.

So is this game not worth it then or?...

Doing a campaignish thing with a friend, doing smaller things for different units, looking for feedback on how shit this is, not sure how to expand it from here, but I wanted to write a character that was just not taken seriously inworld.

pastebin.com/AHdu8kyb

If you really care about the few limited models it might scratch you the wrong way.
Like I won't use a bounty hunter until I can get a hold of the armored one which is limited. Regular production one looks retarded and the other is a motorcycle which you're not guaranteed to have come up.

Otherwise everything else is playable and the official rules are pretty open to proxies.

Do they ever have entire units that are limited? Like, no official model release in their store?

An example for what I play, Haqqislam, there's no Halqa models available in their own store but elsewhere can sometimes find the old sculpts for them.

Until new ones come I just use the non-Red Veil Ghulams as Halqa since they look different enough from the newer Ghulams.

There are a few units that just don;t exist in model form yet, and many profiles that there is not official model for. Because of that the game has to be very open with proxies.

Zhanying box when?

Yea, there's a dismounted Maverick pilot, but you could only get it by pre-ordering the USAriadna box.

Really? I thought she was in every USAriadna army box. This makes me a lot less interested in it.

>a motorcycle which you're not guaranteed to have come up
This pisses me off to no end. Just make the the fucking bike a option, CB. I have the model, but have not used it even once.
Also, Authorized Bountyhunters for every human sectorial when?

While that is a good idea, it does not change the goofy Bostria face.

On the third day of Christmas Corvus Belli gave to me...

3 AP Mines

2 Hacking Gloves

And a cartridge for my Combi...

The mini is already sorta inferior to the Gencon sculpt, but what really kills it is the Bostria face.
I wonder if the backpack under the shiekd is completely formed so I can shift the shield itself to the arm.

Why are the combi rifle morat vanguards dancing?

Grenzer box when?

Well its not a model you actually use in your army, its more like a objective model.

motorcycle dudes can get off their motorcycles to fit through doorways and shit. Motorcycle dude miniatures actually see a lot more use than pilots.

Really? So I need to buy bikers for dismounting?

Something something gorilla something something natural rhythm

Seriously though they're just leaning. The poses aren't great but they're not particularly odd either.

>I need to buy bikers for dismounting?
No, just use an empty base or whatever.

One of the reasons Infinity is so open to proxies is that there are plenty of profiles with no models whatsoever. Not just limited models. But none at all. So proxying is acceptable and even encouraged by CB themselves. You can even proxy other CB models in tournaments.

This list .... it calls to me.

Should I have the Sophotect in group one or two?

Hey, nice to see someone's continuing it.

I did a full song last year but no one paid attention.

if you're planning to shove HMGs and spitfires at your opponent during the active turn I'd say let the Sophotect have her own orders to keep them going easier. Never know when a lucky shot comes up.

Are Crazy Koalas good? They sound a bit ridiculous, but maybe there's a downside to them?

Rate my list
MwBgjAPqIQ0ghgLwJ7wNYGcAE8BOBTLAYwHsSAbCMAUgCZaB2ahgFgDZqBCG+p1j7nUbN2XHsP5ihfUYN4iB4mYukLqAASVq5E2Vsk7lU+Qf17Vpi+ZPXdHTRYCswY3ddHD2sypOPa75kcaTwZHEADWAE4IlgAODTMmIA===

They're not OP, if you're asking that. Couple of them in a right place can be a headache, but usually you can defuse them with something that you can afford to sacrifice, like servant, or rambo them with something that can take the hit or dodge. And that's the best case scenario. Just kill the handler before he can set them on stanby and they will be deactivated as well. But in general they're nuce roadblocks.

Crazy Koalas are great. My Haqqislam playing friend absolutely despises them.

The downside is that sometimes you may have both charge at the same cheap warband model and that big beefy units usually have the PH to dodge them. But they're great area denial nonetheless.

They're a speed bump. A nice one at that. Can catch unaware opponents in the butt and slows down camo/infiltrators very well but they do have their work-arounds. You can mid-range shoot them, deactivate them, dodge them, throw a cheap disposable troop at them, throw a holo-echo at them, mine-sweep them, kill the owner before he/she leaves them idle, or just take the hits with heavy armor. Of course, when paired with a Moran's repeater it makes a mind game of whether you want to dodge to avoid the koalas or reset to avoid hacking. And they're usually on fast or infiltrating units so they do come with lots of board control.

4/10. You didn't even fill out the fourth combat group. But, you can make up for this by having a majority of them prone to demonstrate Slav-squatting.

can we have a haram.jpg?

>not making the third day Tohaa-themed

If the Hsien, Celestial and 'tehct go down, will you be in permanent LoL?

If you have no possible Lts (like irregular troops, REMs), then you're just stuck in LoL.

I don't have any teardrop templates and I need them tonight. No store anywhere near me sells them. What do? Is there a decent substitute?

Well, in his defence there are usually just three mines per person anyways, plus Tohaa have access to them. What Tohaa thing is analagous to French Hens anyways?

Symbiomates?

Nigga, just print it out from the downloads page!

You know, under "markers"

N3 Letter.

Page 4.

There. I even spelled it out for you.

I didn't know that existed. I'm new to the game. Thank you.

Glued mine on thin cardboard. Had them for like a year before I bought the plastic ones.

Holy Sepulchre is basically like Deathwatch of Military Orders, formed from the best of other orders, right?
So in theory no one should complain if I fielded Hospitallers or Santiago with Cross of Jerusalem on them? I mean, if I encountered a lorefag autist.
Cross of Jerusalem is best cross

I still have the ones I printed from card-stock in 2012.

Everyone should complain.

Friend wants to get into USAriadna, what model is a must for the Scottish part of the army? I'm thinking William Wallace

USAriadna and Ariadna are two different things. USARF is the American part of Ariadna.
Is he going for full Ariadna or just Caledonia? In Caledonia Wallace is extremely good. In general he's still pretty great due to Inspiring Leadershit turning all your Irregulars into Regulars, and Ariadna has quite a few of those.

can you possess alien TAGs?

I remember that in N2 CA was immune to posession from human armies

Yes, if they haven't Immunity to it as a rule, namely Avatar.

No lt option for William in vanilla, so it's trash in there. Not worth of lol to force it to become lt.

Wallace in vanilla can't be Lt unless nominated midgame, so he's really just a waste of space. Caledonian Wallace is maximal hilarity, with these super scary bumrush lists that fall apart midway through the game. Always a shame when the opponent turns out to have a Fiday in the locker.

I remember in my first ITS tournament I was facing Ariadna and set up an Oniwaban Assassination of William Wallace expecting to cause LoL. Turns out I forgot this detail that I was facing Vanilla and Wallace wasn't the Lt. Much to my bewilderment.

(I should've killed Armand Le Muet instead that game)

With CC 22 and Berserk as well as maybe a Highlander or two (or just a Volunteer link with a Chainrifle) to act as bodyguards it wouldn't be that easy for a Fiday to get to him. Easier than trying to shank linked Joan, but still a bit of a gamble.

So I just finished priming my Ariadna Starter and Volunteers and now I'm waiting for them to dry and I'm nervous as fuck to paint them. I hope they don't turn out shitty... I'm doing a simple yellow and white color scheme, so we'll see I suppose.

Berserk is a trade of hits though, and with DA or the viral they get on that character dude it's a bad call. Worse still is the version with mines, but even an unopposed combi rifle will down him often enough.

On reflection, maybe aleph are an even worse match. All those damn nanopulsers

Why use DA when you can instashank him with a knife instead?

Probably because arm rolls are a thing

But you're right that ph-1 instakill is probably better against an unwound Wallace if that's your one shot at killing the guy. But guns are probably an even better option

Even trash paint jobs are better than silver. You'll do fine, just use washes.

Is William Wallace worth it if I only field two irregulars, both Cameronians?

If anyone complains, draw your sword and demand a duel to settle the matter. Deus Vult!

Finally planning on doing my own table for the local tournies. Trying to keep it different from the other guy's stuff and I noticed how lucky I am.

They all do city sections or enclosed bases. I can easily make a industrial area.

Though I want to make it look like it's in the desert and a touch of Haqqislam. Is there an example of what places they produce silk at look like? I assume some kind of rendering equipment would occupy a fair bit of space.

No. Go play some 1001 point games or something.

If tohaa are going to get sectorial armies, what hell would the benefits really be? They already have fireteam in vanilla

Triads are different from a Haris and of course there's duos and cores.

I assume some of the non-triad units will form the other teams while potentially having restrictions on triads while in sectorial.

Personally I'm hoping for a mixed core of Chaksas and Kaauris. Won't complete objectives often, but would be a fun core to plant somewhere and keep shit away.

Finished one of my Ghazi Muttawi'ah. Payed more attention to the skin and hair than I did most of the rest of the body but I like the look on his face a lot. Kind of looks like Sheamus without a mohawk.

Dead game, dead thread.

Pretty popular game but yeah dead thread.

Lazy sunday morning bump

No.

It's a sunday games day, everyobe are playing atm.

After having played Vanilla PanO for a while, I finally wanted to give sectorials a try. Any ASA player here who can tell me how a full frontal assault feels like?
Was thinking of playing double knights, peacemaker and naga to have half my army in the midfield.

>first timer to wargames
>split a Red Veil box, keep Yu Jing
>go studio scheme because visual creativity still in training
>prime to black, wash, with blue, make a gray-silver mix and rub it in paper to keep only the pigment then rub it on to put color only on raised areas
>minis look damn good, a solid metallic black (actually gray, of course, but looks blacks) that lets you see details and shines nicely
>when moved under light you can see blue on them, but it´s impossible to pin point where it is unless you carefully scan it. It sorta looks like liquid metal or like a personal forcefield of sorts

I was just following the advice of "miniature painting 101" youtube playlist and how-to-paint-miniatures dot com website. Seems to be damn solid, I never expected a result even a tenth as good as I´ve gotten.

Problem now is, the minis looks beautiful, but they´re just black. But I´m scared as fuck that if start adding orange, skin, etc. I´ll completely ruin the black.

Any tips?

Don't fuck up? There isn't much else you can do besides masking, but that is hardly ideal either with minis with this much detail.
Hard to remove.

>naga
Only plebs use Aleph loans.

On a more serious note, dual Montesas are awesome, Spitfire/LGL are a very flexible combo. The fact that all Montesas come loaded for bear is a huge boon, since they can handle most things. Second Montesa sculpt when?
Peacemakers are solid, but I prefer Bulleteers. ODD > Auxbot. Still, it's nice to have one.

Outside of that, here are a few thoughts.
- Bagh-Mari are a very nice agressive core link while Regular core links are cheap and flexible (but their SWC costs suck).
- Tikbalang is a personal favorite now, since it can handle most things by itself. Meanwhile, the Dragao has a HRMC, what more could you want?
- Akalis are okay drop troopers, E/mitter and Hacker being my usual go-to variants.
- Guarda de Assalto costs too much, I feel. It's not bad by any means, but there are superior options.

No one likes those dirty animal wearing- artichoke heads.

I jest, but it's easier to do something that all factions can do.

I got you, user.

Peacemakers are made to be a midfield roadblock that you don't need to put any orders into. Totally different role to a Bulleteer, which is better off as an active turn killy unit.

>Guarda de Assalto costs too much, I feel
Really? I love the things. Zero v smoke in PanO is some potent shit, and his auxbot can be nasty with the right supportware. BS10 effectively becomes BS13 most of the time with assisted fire. And that's not to mention the main dude's capabilities. I think he's a valid option, especially if you've got a more aggressive Regular link team.

Nice dubs.
The problem I have with the Guarda is that I still have no idea how to properly use her. The knights have profiles that I find way more useful. Now if it could get a Lt. option...

Anyone want to see my take on Scarface?

Yup heading to my shop in a few

Well, you already posted it.

Kill the shine and fix the sword.

Here's one I wanted to do for a while.

>title is not 'Three ORCs arguing'

Prepostrous. The Sepulchre has that indistunguishable cross.

You know what I hate about them?
Those fucking antennas. So fucking tiny and a pain to put on.

It's bit weird how all the PanO HI bar humble ORC have so christian background. Maybe with future sectorials we get a glimpse of Sikh and secular HIs

That's obviously a Santiago you blind fool.

>it's actually two Fidays and a Speculo Killer
>the Swiss Guard is in TO Camo

First time I was putting together the ORC from Icestorm I think I spent 10 or 15 minutes trying to get the antennas to stay on the model and not my fingers.

Impersonators disguise themselves as civilians, tho. Otherwise, they'd have a prerequisite of killing the guy to impersonate.

ORC, AssGuard and Aquila Guard are all secular. Swiss technically is too, although in papal service, so it's arguably a religious unit.

Easiest way to deal with that is a pair of tweezers.

Aquila and Assault Guards are secular as well.

>Swiss Guard
>secular
Surely you jest?

Technically they're not part of the church in the way MO is, they're regular military that just work really closely with the church. I still wouldn't say they're secular though, it's hard to make that argument when half your job is guarding the pope.

How to use? Launch smoke and pump orders to get into close range. Use the eclipse to narrow angles then either split fire, using the auxbot to hold off a closer target while murderising another or else just enter your standard BS15 F2F victory while obliging the same target to eat shotgun unopposed. Switch on suppression and leave him to die. And keep an eye out for LI links for template smashing. 50ish points is an acceptable loss and he'll cause chaos.

Between BS15 supp fire, an auxiliary shotgun and the other slick board control units ASA gets there's a pretty good chance it won't die if positioned well, or at least it will be very difficult to dislodge. I honestly like to use the multi rifle a lot of the time for that improved suppressive fire, it's just so useful as a defensive measure and saves the SWC that ASA is always hungry for.

Nice attention to detail there.

Even got the whole visors right. (FK vs Montessa)

And here's some units that don't look all the same.