/d3c/ - Do Double Dubs Count?

D3C: Do Double Dubs Count is a Veeky Forums made RPG currently in progress.

Here's what we have:

Races:
>Anime Girls
>Sheeple
>Welsh
>Respectable Skeletons
>Sea Cucumber People

Classes:
>Wage Slaves
>Bacon Masters
>Semen Demons
>Aperture Science Test Subjects
>Soccer Hooligans

Monsters:
>NEETs
>Morris Dancers
>Dragon Dildoes
>Dindus (originally Niggers)
>/pol/
>Sentient Suitcases
>Damn Straights
>Tuesdays
>Blonde Girls in Lion Costumes
>Dicks Wearing Hats

We were just starting to get a coherent creation story in the last thread, and the beginnings of fluffying out the skeletons and sea cucumbers.

Last thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vf_Tqx8RFEs
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/50472984/
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/50480250/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The creation myth from last thread:
>Long ago, before The Hourglass of time had been Filled, before the Gods filled over the Realm of Meme, There were the Anons.
>The Anons were entities of creative potential, with niether names or identity, but pure possibility itself.
>The Anons had drifted in Void for countless eons, creating and speculating on everything that may potentially exist and even that which may never exist, in attempts to stave off their never-ending collective boredom. They were without self, manifestations of creation combining together to form grand tapestries and visions of stuff that mortals can only dream of, and splitting apart to form new concepts and marvels.
>Eventually after countless eternities, The Anons, has saw fit to create a world, made with the input of all Anons themselves.
>But The Anons were too Numerous, their ideas too many, some even Contradictory to each other. It would have been impossible To incorporate all of user's ideas.
>So it was that the Great Runes were created, and allowed to each user.
>The Runes were extensions of the Anons' power, allowing the Anons to manifest their immaterial concepts into Reality.
>This was how our cosmos came to be.
>Some Runes were weak, making only a temporary instant change in the new, infant cosmos, while others were strong, creating the greatest foundations of reality.
>The most Powerful of these were the "Do Double-Dubs Runes" which had the power to reshape all reality at a whim.
>When all had been finished, the Anons looked upon their creations with glee, enraptured by the art of ideas they had spun
>Like all joint projects of Anons, many began to leave, in search of new sources of amusement, leaving their great Runes behind.
This newborn universe would have faded away like so many others, had it not been for a few Anons that stayed.
(cont.)

Cont.)

>These few Lingering user, something in this Universe that the others had not: Potential.
>Unwilling to abandon it so quickly, The Anons decided that they would stay and nurture this spark of potential, in the hopes that it would grow into something greater.
>In their last Act of Creation, they Combined their essences, and wrapped themselves around the realm like a blanket, protecting it from the endless Uncaring void.
>This way the Anons could forever be with their beloved creations, always watching, and occaisonally pushing, as it grew to be greater.
>This Blanket would come to be known as the Realm of Meme, Cradle Of the Realm, and Fountain of Possibility.
>All life, from the greatest gods to the smallest worms, emerged from Meme and would one day go back to it.
>But the Great Runes of the Anons Remained, separated from their masters, ever wanting to act but with out any direction or guidance.
>The Great Runes grew unstable, changing their surrounds with no rhyme nor reason, wanting for a master, wanting to create.
>It was this Great Tantrum, that created the Chan Mountains, a link between Meme and Reality where the "could-be" meshed with the "was" to create a chaos like no-other.
>It was here that Mortals first found the Great Runes, and became bound by the soul to each other.
>The Great Runes were pockets of the greatest power, where even the most feeble could grant powers over all of existence itself.
>But the Runes were corrupted from their time alone, and the powers they granted were unstable and inconsistent, with few able maintain control
>These soul-bonded mortals would use their powers to shape the universe, until the day they died and there souls would go back to Meme, taking their Great Rune with them.
>The most famous of these blind was the Count her self, The only Mortal to ever find and bond with one of the Great "Do-Double-Dubs" runes.
(Cont.)

(cont.)

>The Count had been a great Hero, Trained by the greatest Welsh masters as a Soccer Hooligan, she had returned to her Homeland with A company of Welsh soccer Hooligans 100 strong to save her Anime Girls sisters from the dreaded horrors that came from Chan Mountain.
>She had ascended the treacherous cliffs, determined to kill every abomination she found, giving salavation to her people, or die trying.
>But the Salvation she sought came in a different form.
>The "Do-Double-Dubs" Rune had sensed within her something that the denizens of Chan mountain had lacked, something that resembled the part of itself that it had been separated from so long ago and sorely yearned for: Drive, Agency, Potential.
>With Power of the "Do-Double-Dubs", The Hero that would come to be known as "The Count" led her people on the Path to Salvation, where she would lead her People through the lands of the Dindus and the /Pol/acks.
>The Great Rune had connected her to Meme itself, making granting her the Power of the Anons.
>It was she, who created the First Respectable Skeletons from the Bones of here Fallen, and Who created the Island of Bripan out of thin air.
>Under her guidance the Anime girls Founded the The City of Londo-Kyo, with the Hero as their Ruler.
>The Hero would become the First Count of Bripan, and would lead a prosperous reign, aided by her bony advisors
>This Golden Age would Continue, up until the day she disappeared, without a trace.
>There were numerous theories made as to her fate.
>Many of her followers insist that she had been noticed by the Sempais, and had ascended to her Rightful place at their side.
>Others less faithful thought she had knew she would die soon, and just went off to go die with dignity.
>Her inner circle of Skeletons insisted that she was still alive, and await her return to this day.

Thread topic: Should skeletons carry the memories of their original body, or be a gentlemanly spirit inhabiting anothers bones?

An idea might be that when people die, their souls (or equivalent, depending on how the theology of this setting works) leave the body and become Gentlemanly Ghosts, that can then possess a skeleton. To become a skeleton able to be inhabited, one must be buried in a specific place/manner.

However, due to the disparity between people dying and people being buried to become skeletons, there is a difference between the number of ghosts and the quantity of skeletons available. Due to their civilised nature, the ghosts that have been waiting the longest (and have usually forgotten who they were when alive) get first rights to a skeleton, so ghosts don't usually inhabit their own bones.

I like that, death is a long, long waiting line, and people learn to not be cunts as they develop patience.

Tfw something when something you came up with at a spur of the moment and thought was complete and utter shite is regarded well enough to be carried over from the last thread.

LoLsOrAnDoM

Your work is appreciated, user. It's what really got me hooked into this mess of a setting.

You're not wrong. I'm probably gonna convert this into a less meme heavy setting given my group isn't made up of fa/tg/uys, but it's still nice to support the setting, given that the orignal OP seemed to run off.

Epic

I was about to berate you for wanting to make a setting comprised entirely of memes less meme-heavy, but with a few name changes this could be a perfectly functional setting.

I mean, I'd like to run it as is, but I don't want them getting lost.

The fact this can work with a few name changes is what makes it enticing. It came from random chance, yet somehow things work.

Nice.

Carrying what we have so far for unified geography

>Sheeple lands, ruled by corporations characterized by huge gray skyscraping towers and a lack of decor. The ruling Sheeple live in a strict authoritarian state and are expected to fall in line, or be cast out.
>Sentient Suitcases are most numerous here, and are a threat for many Sheeple here

>Anime girl lands: ancestral home of the Anime girls, where some still live in their traditional tribal fashions and train their semen demons the traditional way

>Bripan: the Island Empire/Ctiy founded by the Do-Double-Dubs Count herself as the ultimate safe haven for the Anime girls. It has become one of the most Cosmopolitan city on the planet, home to Sheeple, Anime Girls, and respectable skeletons.
>In the Counts stead, It is ruled by a council of her most trusted, ancient and venerable respectable skeleton advisors, who eagerly await her return.
>The Sheeple are mostly lower-middle class citizens
>Because Bripan was originally founded by and for Anime girls, the maintain a higher status as the original citizens of that place.

>Near Bripan there is an Archipelago of smaller islands
>One of which is Whales, Home of the Welsh
>The Welsh live with mostly medieval technology, believing that such comforts are for "poncy wankers"
>Instead of militia or a standing army, every Welsh citizen, from farmer to nobleman, is able to fight as a soccer hooligan in times of need,
>They are mostly nuetral to the other nations and races, but enjoy amiable relations with the sheeple, who are more than happy to throw their outcasts and troublemakers onto them. Nobody knows why the Welsh are so uncharacteristically friendly, compassionate, and generous with the sheeple, but lt has been noted that of Late have started looking a lot more "Sheeple-like"
>The Sheeple cast out here quickly adapt to their surroundings, gaining th characteristic cheek, aggression, and crowd mentality of the Welsh,

(1/2)

Cont.

>The rest of the Archipelago's inhabitants is an eclectic mess of different governments and races, that is the Prime hub for trade between the Sea Cucumber people and the rest of the world.
>The most common method of transportation are the hardy island bulls, and the railroads.
>The Archipelago is also the Home to the ancient bacon masters.

>The sea Cucumber undersea cities are relatively unknown and mysterious due to their locations and environments not being suitable for surface dwellers,
>but they mostly on the same tech level as the rest of the world, except for a number of precious devices, wildly advanced for their time
>These devices were granted to them by the entity "Aperture Science"
> many Sea-Cucumber people become test subjects to aid it in it's search for knowledge, even if that search means putting themselves in way of great danger or harm

>On the mainlands, Near the Ancestral Homelands of the Anime Girls and the land of the Sheeple, are many unexplored and unmapped frontier lands, dotted by numerous settlements.
>These are home to The Pigboys, romantic loner figures who supply these lands with much needed bacon and protection
>nearby are also the Tribes of the zealous expansionist /Pol/acks and the Barbaric, Primitive Dindus
>Despite both tribes being similarly violent, destructive, and cruel, The Dindus and /Pol/acks have an ancient and bloody hatred for each other stemming from Religious, Ideological, Cultural Differences, and Often have bloody skirmishes over territory.
>There are also the Chan Mountains, dangerous and treacherous mountain range, where deadly ancient magical energies from it's formation still linger
>These magical areas vary in strength, from causing Minor phenomena, to being merged with the chaotic Meme realm itself.
>The only ones who can safely travel within are the /Pol/acks, who regularly make Pilgrimage for their God Kek,the NEETS, disgusting wretched creatures who dwell there, and Semen Demons

Alright that's the whole of it.
Anyone have any ideas for additions or changes to it? Drawling are also more Than welcome too.

Bump

Bumparino

Thank you user, I forgot about these. Should we start thinking of monster lands?

So how animalistic are Sheeple anyway? Are they basically sheep that stand upright and can talk, or the sheep equivalent of catgirls/catboys?

So, we've established that Respectable Skeletons are seperate entities from the person that created them. Where did they come from? How did people learn to attach them to their bodies? What advantages would there be from doing so?

Depends on your taste and how much you wanna rag on the welsh.

What about the Archipelago, I mean we barely know anything about the specific islands aside from Wales and the Island of the ancient Bacon Masters, and even them Only Whales was talked about in detail, what is the isle of the Bacon Masters like? Or if there should there be other important isles or if it should be left up to DM discretion.

Are there any other Welsh sterotypes besides sheep fucking?

>Regarding the Entity Known as Aperture Science and Those Who Call Themselves It's Test Subjects
>By Baron Johann Skellyman, Bacon Master of the Fourth Order
>During my travels, I have encountered many members of the strange and esoteric race known as the Sea Cucumber People. Despite Bripan's alliance with this race, there are still many mysteries surrounding these peoples. One of the greatest of said mysteries revolves around Aperture Science and its Test Subjects. Supposedly, there is a trench in the deepest reaches of the Bripanese sea that glows with a strange white light. The challenges of navigating this cave are myriad, and of the few creatures brave enough to attempt such a journey, fewer return. Those lucky few come into contact with a thing called Aperture Science. Unfortunately, those who venture into the depths of the Aperture have their memories clouded by such an event, and cannot remember the way to safely navigate the caverns, nor if Aperture Science is an entity, object, or concept. Those who do exit the Aperture do so equipped with enigmatic tech that will only work in their hands and operates on no known laws of nature. Sea Cucumber people are obviously the most common Test Subjects, although occasionally a Skeleton, Sheep, Welshman, or Waifu will attempt such a feat, usually with the aid of water breathing magics.

This is pretty good, actually. Let's do this one.

That's pretty bithin mate, but it also gets me thinkin, what would Sea-cucumber person society be like?

I mean, it's not like we can do what people usually do with other beast races and give them a society that exemplifies their traits as animals, because sea-cucumbers are actually coming lately brainless, and could never have had a society of their own.

So if we're gonna be talking about Monster Lands, what would the lands of the /Pol/acks be like? I mean, it's pretty oblivious that the Dindus would be something like The Zulus mixed with the raidijg habits of Songhai, but how would /Pol/ work as a barbaric tribal civilization? They hate Tribal separatism and worship the concept of a unified Authoritarrian leader, meaning that their Group would al let be on Par with the Sheeple.

I'm thinking that they would be like the Mongolians under Genghis Kahn, cruel and brutal for the purpose of ensuring loyalty and destroying opposition, mixed with the Agressive, fight-seeking nature of the Trribal Germans, and a little sprinkle of Modern Fascist methods like a secret police-like entity to hint at their future.

It's more Half Life than Portal, but HL2 had pic related, walls that would break down the environment around them to gather material and make more of themselves. Maybe that's what sea cucumber land buildings could be like? Albeit more white paneled given Aperture style.

I was thinking disorganized warrior tribes fraught with infighting and not doing much of anything to the outside world till a Fuehrer rises up and unites them in a lightning war against the other monsters or one of the civilized races, but it seems a little too Orky, now that I type it out

So are the Frontier settlements going to be Sheeple, Tribal Anime Girl, Bripanese, of some combination of the above?

Also, I imagine that the pigboys would be mostly Welsh and Sheeple. Their theme of "Quantity over Quality" and their role as providers of a Necessity rather than a luxury seems that it would be run by the People who care the least about something being enjoying when compared to something being helpful.

Also, I swear to god this thread better not die in my sleep like the last one!

Maybe like Deep Ones, but friendlier?

They have really long names for towns. For example: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

So what's Bripan's opinion on the Welsh? On one hand, the Count Herself was trained by the Welsh, but on the other, they find the Bripanese to be "poncy wankers" and live in harmony with the Sheeple, something that defies the order of Bripanese society.

Just like they don't make jews like Jesus anymore, they don't train em like the Count anymore.

So in this metaphor, what level of antisemitism are the Bripanese at?

That... is a legitimate question. I was just quoting a song, but now I'm wondering if there is much tension between the civilized races, like any anti-undead types.

Well, if the Welsh dislike advanced technology, then I imagine they wouldn't be okay with necromancy.

Would the original skeletons raised by the Countess be an exception to this?

Well the Welsh seem to dislike technology used for making life easier, not making life possible.

But then again, to them Respectable Skeletons would be the very definitions of "Poncy Wankers", so they probably still wouldn't get along very well.

Across both cultures, The Count is respected, and she is remembered as always doing The Right Thing, whether that was true or not.

"Ye can bring back anyone yeh want, and you resurrect these stuck-up knob'eads?"

youtube.com/watch?v=vf_Tqx8RFEs
This could work for both Sheeple and /pol/acks.

This makes more sense. The Bripanese think the Welsh are chaotic and uncivilized, the Welsh think the Bripanese are pompous assholes who are oppressing the Sheeple.

We need more stuff on Anime Girls. What's their society like?

Is the Count a goddess? Does she have clerics? Paladins?

From what I remember, they had a religion based around Senpai's, seeking to do well in life in order to gain their notice and ascend to the same level as them. They also trained most of the semen demons, but I don't really remember if that was for a certain reason. If the thread is still up in the morning, I'll check the old ones.

They also got converted to Blonde Girls in Lion Costumes a lot due to the suits possessing them.

Gauging interest in a doc, would anybody be willing to actually stick with this and help edit it every now and then?

How about a 1d4chan page?

Don't have any experience making pages, but it would be a more permanent and accessible method.

Shit, meant to quote If you or someone else starts it up, I'd gladly help. Gonna be at a session all day tomorrow, so I won't be able to do much to keep this thread afloat.

Anybody else think that these runes are wonderful omens?

That's almost one in ten posts is trips, a dub dub, or mirrored. Seems like a lot.

>>
Anonymous 12/04/16(Sun)14:46:31 No.50524821 ▶
Is there any other sports beside Respectable Fisticuffs and Footy? What are most favorite sport for a Anime Girls or Sea Cucumbers?

Well in the meantime I at the very least request that all the D3C threads be archived.

Is it still possible to archive em now?

>OP got trip 7s
>Image says "7 CEOs"
Is this the truth?

Being unreasonably spiteful to other Welshmen

Yup.
First thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/50472984/
Second thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/50480250/

I love that feeling when two of the three things for anime girls were my suggestions.

Hmmm tenis and golf. Asians love tennis and golf, and they are proper ponce sports that the welsh can insult.

I reckon it's obsessed with progression, cause think about it. If you get cool tech when you meet Aperture Science then, maybe you also meet Aperture when you create cool techy stuff. as such they have a reputation for being the polar opposite of most sheeple, extremely ambitious, technologically savvy and inevitably less interested in profits than they are in the creation of stuff. most of what they make is based on the tech the Test Subjects bring back, so the Subjects who sell their tech can end up pretty rich indeed.
Speaking of the subjects, do they all get the same kind of tech from Aperture, or is it a little more individual, like they're not getting specific types of advanced technology, they're just getting advanced technology in general

That's a great basis, but what things like government, and socialization. I mean, their incredibly alien nature means that the society itself would work completely differently.

Their "interesting" means of reproduction and less social nature would mean that the family unit would be nonexistent for them, and ties of nationality or clan would be at least weaker to them than ties of common goal (Like Science) or personal friendship.

Isn't baseball huge in Japan too? We could give that to the anime girls.

You're a saint, user.

can't think of much for socialisation, but I feel like they would be scientific directorates. Civilisations ruled by scientists, or in this case civilisations that spring up solely so that the scientists at the top have an infrastructure to help them do shit. I also feel like the scientists at the top would be kinda like the philosophers from "Small Gods", constantly arguing about the proper ways to do things (often with their...fists? whatever they happen to have).

The creation of new cities/nations often has less to do with a desire to colonise new lands and more to do with one scientists tantrum about quantum, which gets them removed from he city till they cool off

So... where's the docs link? I want to catch up with everything you guys are making.

there ain't one

Favorite sport(s) in this world by races:
Respectable Skeletons: Respectable Fisticuffs, Croquet, Football (for being a game of gentlemen), Big Game Hunting and other Proper and Respectable sports.
Sheeple: for a comfy agrarian communities its something with a teamplay and nothing truly dangerous - Golf, Football (for being truly command's game). For their corporate counterparts, whatever pays the bills and Football (because it sells things).
Sea Cucumber: They prefer less activity, but more strategic games, with mandatory swimming. Of course, they also love Football (for being a great physical exercise and warm up before Tests)
Anime Girls: Tennis, Baseball, Archery - anywhere where one man matters and he can be a main character or at least main cast. Also, football (because it can make you famous)
Welsh: Pubrun, beating a ponsy wankers, poaching, footy (cause you can drink and fight before, during and after it) and other stuff

Semen demons were the Tribal Anime Girls Protectors. They Utilized inherent Perversity, Lewdness, and lust of their primal enemies (Dindus, Dicks with Hats, Dragon Dildos, and the Dreaded NEETs) againts them as their primitively magics granted them powers over all sorts of lewd things from them.

They held a posistion of respect and honour among the Anime girls, losing their ability to ever bear children so that they could protect their sisters from the monsters of the world.

I'ld come up/dig up more, but I'm at work right now.

maybe you could make one user

The losing fertility thing is still up for debate.

Docs guy here, still at my session, we said someone would make an 1d4chan page

So what abilities do Wage Slaves have?

Consistent income?

perfect

Would skeletons be banned from committing respectable fisticufss with other races? Being hit by bone must hurt.

No respectable gentleman would fight without boxing gloves.

Personally i think they ought to be the skill monkeys. Like this games bard equivalent but without the magic. Its not that they necessarily have anything special about them, they just get a couple of skills they pick that they are unusually good at.

Dunno, I think considering that Bacon Masters can summon boiling grease and spray it at their enemies, Wage Slaves might need something more than "I can solve mathematical equations twice as fast as anyone else!"

A nigh-endless quantity of office supplies? The ability to compel people to do things with the dread power of bureaucracy? "Resurrection" of the 'here's my new character, the identical twin/triplet/quartet/septuplet of the last one' kind?

In the previous threads they were this.

Bacon Masters were clerics with bacon buffs and grease debuffs.

Hooligans were some sort of weird fighter/bard mix.

Did we ever decide on a system before the first OP vanished? He wanted to make one, but this thing is already struggling for relevance as is.

A Savage Worlds hack, maybe?

I hear it's open enough and not too crunchy, but doesn't it require miniatures?

Then again, the mental image of a party moving a sheep toy, a halloween decoration skeleton, and some anime girl keychain is hilarious.

I guess? I haven't actually run it, so I don't know how essential miniatures actually are to gameplay.

So they're all Dudley.

Dudley who? I'd google it, but I know I'm only going to get Harry Potter.

Just the fist-fighting Soccer Hooligans.

A Street Fighter character. A gentlemanly boxer.

I wonder - do Respectable Skeletons have mustaches? Mutton chops? Beards?

They could buy em off of sheep and welsh, like how some companies make wigs for cancer patients out of shaved hair.

In Skeleton Society, those are just as much a fashion statement as tophats and waistcoats.

So what exactly is the process for transferring a soul into a Skeleton?

it is a ~mystery~ ~woooooo spooky~

Get adopted by a skeleton family looking to add to their clan and you will find out!

Ya know, even if this doesn't turn into a full-blown system, it'd still make for a rockin' setting book.

the neets worship kek as well

through kek they seek salvation.

Actually, the /Pol/acks are already established to worship Kek. The NEETs were always the "godless abominable monsters" of the realm.

How about Semen Demon powers grant powers to influence the minds of lustful creatures, and where from full mind control to Lessening the creatures ability to think and fight or their aggressiveness through magic.

They should also gain a weapon proficiency with something simple and relatively easy to make like a quarter staff or macuahuitl considering their tribal protector origins. This is to compensate for the fact that I can't think of any other abilities for Semen Demon That don't cross the fine line between lewd memery and magical realm.

NEETs are like morloks - degraded, almost mindless, cowardly shadows of Anons. The worship only "Waifus"

maybe they're what happens to the Sheeple and Welsh that approach the Chan mountains. They're touched by the shadows of the Anons and transformed into NEETs: Sheeple become Slobs and the Welsh become Lankys

it doesn't affect the other races in the same way because they are pretty far away from what the anons were and so are more difficult to affect

>adopted by skeletons
This is the plot of a sitcom.

I would think that they would be more likely to be ancient /Pol/acks and Dindus who dwelled in the Chan mountains and were corrupted by the Great Runes' tantrums.

It doesn't really make sense that people would be more corruptible by being farther way from the source it it. And NEETs are supposed to be the ancient predators of the Anime girls, meaning that they would have to have been around for a long time. Longer before the advent of easy travel.

Besides Runic effects are just pure creation of things, not a special form of regular magic. They are the very essence of making something from nothing for the fuck of it, not some god's favor to his followers, that's what makes them so powerful. They're not something you can gain an immunity to (unless we're gonna include a version of blanks who are the very anathema of creation and existence itself).