All right you guys, riddle me this:

All right you guys, riddle me this:

Lets say I hit a Toughness 8 Monstrous Creature (wraithlord) with a strength 3 weapon (lasgun), I have 0% chance of wounding the wraith lord. I dont roll to wound becuase its not going to happen/\.

NOW

Why isn't the converse true? Say I hit toughness 3 guardsmen with a strength 8 Krak missle, why the fuck do I have to roll to wound? It should be 100% probability (inb4 indian jones in fridge (thats what cover saves are for))

Check mate fuckers

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/us-soldier-survives-direct-hit-from-a-rocket-propelled-grenade-after-it-bounces-off-his-leg-2012-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe you should just not play the game

>Why isn't the converse true?
because high strength weapons and characters don't need further buffs

Because big guns like that don't need any more firepower.

thats what I'm saying. 8th edition is going to clean all your clocks

but, what i'm saying makes logical sense and none of you are refuting that

40k doesn't make logical sense in any way. It's just the way the rules are wrote.

If you want any kind of logics, it's just the round was a dud, was a near miss, and any other bullshit reason.

>Why isn't the converse true?

Probably for the same reason that Wraithlords have a Toughness Value whilst every other Dreadnought variant has Armour Values.

>TL:DR Fuck you Gav Thorpe

If you're not just reposting that, then please fuck off. Shitposting outside of /b/ is a bannable offense.

>businessinsider.com/us-soldier-survives-direct-hit-from-a-rocket-propelled-grenade-after-it-bounces-off-his-leg-2012-10

10 seconds on google friendo.

shit posting? what you talking about??
US Soldier: toughness 3
RPG: Strength 6
I don't see how this disproves me. it was strength 7 then he would've died

Skitarii Vanguard's Radium Carbines have the Rad Saturation rule, which causes a second wound on a To Wound roll of 6 regardless of Toughness. Does this mean my Vanguard's Radium Carbines can cause wounds on models they normally can't, or is the second (or both) wound(s) resolved at the weapon's regular profile: S3 AP5?

You do understand the concept of HEAT and HE right? As in they don't operate the same way.

sure, but if a soldier gets shot by an abrams tank main gun would he ever have a chance to survive?

I dont get why I get so much flakk on this subject, how hard is it to get it through your think skulls

If a toughness 2 Grot gets hit by a strength ten 10 demolisher cannon, and he has no cover, he should ALWAYS die

likewise, if said Stregth 2 grot swings and hits a toughness 8 wraith lord, he wil NEVER wound the fucker

this, fuck eldar.

>toughness 8 faggots with D shooting weapons
>ok well then lets give other armies stuff with higher armour values since eldar cap out at 12!
>lance weapons huehuehuehuehuehuehue

the creator of warhammer clearly plays elf hunters in every single fantasy game hes ever touched, and has a raging hard on for space elves. Don't even get me started on battle focus, what a fucking joke mechanic.

>muh fast moving 1337 elf armies huehuehue

I think the main point, that most of the people responding are making, nothing is 100% guranteed all the time.

also it'd be shit for the table top

i actually think this change will hurt eldar as they are toughness 3. and if it were ever implemented in my fantasy world I would include a damage chart for MCs, to furthur weaken eldar
>also it'd be shit for the table top

I started back in 6th and I played it this way by accident with my brother. We play tested this for months without knowing we were wrong.

A guardsmen would get hit by a las cannon and he was done for, unless he had a cover save or an invuln. shit flowed well. however I do think it should be strength=2X toughness + 1 for instant death( or not being so extreme, 2x toungess + 1= Shred)

>strength=2X toughness + 1 for instant death
That's fucking stupid and you know it.

Rick priestly doesn't even work for GW anymore.

RPGs are S8 in the tabletop

Aren't RPGs S8? What is the 40k equivalent that is S6?

Scatter Laser, Multilaser, some retarded Nid guns, Tau Plasma

Frag Missiles are S4, Krak Missiles are S8. He might be thinking of some race-specific Heavy 1 Blast weapon, but I don't know all the codices well enough to say if he is or not.

Yes it does.

no, if I hit a Guardsmen toughness 3 with a multilaser thats strength 6, that means I will still have to roll to wound. If I hit him with an autocannon strength 7, then it auto wounds