>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (MAKE SURE THE CLOWNS DON'T GIVE YOU THE TIP):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2016/12/03/wrath-of-magnus-faq/
warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Wrath_of_Magnus_v1.0_Dec16-1.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=FC-avN1eDoQ
games-workshop.com/en-US/Sporocyst
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wrath of Magnus in the Mega.
Wrath of Magnus FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2016/12/03/wrath-of-magnus-faq/

>warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Wrath_of_Magnus_v1.0_Dec16-1.pdf

>Q: Do the new Pink Horrors get Malefic psychic powers?
A: No, they do not get Daemonology (Malefic) Powers.

boy am i glad they stopped those WAAC faggots right in their tracks.

Looking forward to black legion terminator army

ETHEREALS ARE ASLEEP!

POST TORCHSTAR

Fuck yes. Always thought the new psychic tables trumped the brb bit about daemonology. And good by the summoning bullshit.

Post progress when you do. I have about 20 CSM termis that I would love to deploy

Does GW not sell objective cards anymore?

OK, seeing as the Chaos players are in a good mood, and GW has released a lot of new shiny stuff recently, enthuse about your new toys/rules/models, anons.

I'll start, I just finished a Sydonian Dragoon and a group of infiltrators and ran them against my friend's Lamenters. I lost the game narrowly (3 pts to 4, Big Guns Never Tire and I hadn't got enough AA to kill his Stormraven even with an Icarus Array) but my new units were badass.

The Dragoon popped a Baal Predator on T2, then proceeded to die on overwatch to a meltagun, but it did it's job.

The Infiltrators killed a unit of Tacticals and then killed a Death Company on Overwatch, forcing them to fail charge, then charged THEM and owned them.
They eventually died to a Furioso, but that's hardly odd.

I dedicate this thread to awesome new shit and cool moments in games. What have you got, anons?

WoM epub is too wrathful for coolreader, it just crashes. wat do?

here

>Tyranids in general are a weak codex.
>Genestealer Cults are what you want to look into if you want a good Tyranid army, but you will have mutants and traitor guard in your list too, it won't be pure nids.
I picked nids because I want cute nids. I'm gonna suck anyway so I might as well suck with something I like the look of.

Is there any other formation I could add to the skyblight swarm formation?

>mfw
I doubt.
Pray to the Omnissiah.

Have chaos babies finally stopped crying?.

I wish. There's still plenty of grumbling.

>Chaos players
youtube.com/watch?v=FC-avN1eDoQ

the new rework for TSons is awful but every other legion that didnt get new models are good. so maybe?

>Tyranids cute?

Woman I guess?

Has anyone else noticed how Tau players are always the worst dicks?

Could the DG rules make Posessed viable? in the DP + Posessed formation they can negate the -1 I and shred MEQ without taking causalitys. If you distract the enemy firepower with some T5 FNP Termie or tactical blobs they could make it in CC.

Have you tried putting out the incense, then lighting it again?

No one's plight is worse than the poor CSM player. for theirs is truly an unplayable army, unloved, and ignored more than any other faction in 40k.

Why do all the 40k bitches want that alien dick?

>SoB players just waiting for the Squat.
>Imperial Agents has only prolong our suffering.

Kill SoB already or give it a proper update. Fucking Sisters of Silence and Custodes got plastic models before SoB.

So CSM with World Eaters rules get everything Berzerkers do for 4 points cheaper aside from +1WS and an extra attack from having pistol/CCW... but have a bolter instead.

Spending 2 points per marine to give them a CCW and keeping the bolter ensures that they can actually soften up a target decently before charging, which helps to further mitigate overwatch troubles and increases the chance to win. With this setup though, you have 2 points cheaper berzerkers that can do their job better.

Is giving such a unit 2 flamers worthwhile? Helps mitigate damage from them being charged + can increase their damage output when charging.

I know this is a joke and/or bait, but I'm going to reply anyway

They have a large quantity of them, and the stories we hear turn out to be true. Especially with unpainted models.

So, which book defeated Space Marines more embarrassingly or thoroughly? Warzone Fenris or Warzone Damocles?

Skyblight is outdated and bad. Don't try and build it, the FAQ shit on it by saying you can't deepstrike in your Gargoyles for no good reason, and Harpies are frankly garbage.

Did you assemble the warriors from the SC already? If so, that sucks, warriors are shit. If not, then I would definitely recommend buying a thing of Venomthropes/Zoanthropes and building zoanthropes. With the contents, you can convert your Warriors into Lictors with the Venomthrope heads, build Zoanthropes and Neurothrope, which can be funny and cute and cause some damage with the Neurothrope power, and then, by far most importantly, build Mucolid Spore Mines out of the Venomthrope tentacles and sacks. Mucolid Spore Mines are one of the most important units, bar none, in the Tyranid codex because it allows you to fit in more big bugs by cheaply consuming your tax troops.

Oh and Mawlocs are the second best units in the Tyranid codex next to the Flyrants you already have one of so build some Dune sand-worms and more Tyrants.

Fenris. SW lost to Thousand Sons.

Thousand Sons can't beat anyone. You expect tau to win.

Because women see things differently than us. It's like insight.

I'd do a tervigon

Every 40k bitches I've known either play SoB, Eldar or Nids.

On a side note faggots play Eldar, Tau or Catachan.

What's that tentacled thing?

I'd guess a Malanthrope but more likely it's just a random thing in the interior of a Hive Ship.

On second look, i think you're right on the first one, almost definitely a Mal

I complained about Word Bearers a lot in the previous thread, but besides the Possessed joke they actually aren't terrible. Their tactics just focus more on their HQs than on their regular dudes.

I'm refining the method of making Word Bearers broken. This is what I've got so far:

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Power Armour, Spell Familiar, Psyker(Mastery Level 3), Crown of the Blasphemer

He will cost 300 points, 340 if he takes Wings, but it's alright, and here's why.

He is a powerful melee fighting monstrous creature with a 3+/4++ re-rolling 1s, who strikes with huge weapon skill and initiative at AP2. With Discipline of Tzeentch and Malefic Daemonology, he is also capable of buffing himself and unleashing witchfire, as well as... summoning.

This DP casts Summoning(which he can always take) and/or Incursion on 3 rolls of 3+. He only suffers perils on double 6s because he is a daemon, and re-rolls failed psychic checks because he has a familiar. This means he only needs 4 psychic dice to be able to summon in most cases, which he will always have(even if he's the only psyker in your army he gets 3+d6 each turn)

Essentially he consistently makes his points back in a couple turns by calling up mobs of plaguebearers, flamers, plague drones or screamers, depending on what is needed to counter the enemy list. And, he will also massacre anything short of TH/SS terminators in melee because he's a daemon prince.

But it gets even gnarlier if he rolls Sacrifice. For the small price of having to backstab one of your underlings(or take a wound on yourself), you get an exalted daemon... with the Grimoire of True Names. Which 2/3 of the time gives your Daemon Prince a re-rollable 2++.

So just take this guy and cheese it up while playing the rest of your warband as a regular space marine army.

give me your opinion anons:

could the raptor formation work if taken by emperor's children?

the idea would be using 3 big squads with the icon to give them 4+ fnp, and take 2 meltas per squad and something good for the champion

commander would go out with the lash of torment or whatever the name is for the new relic that gives ap2 and instand death on rolls of 6 to wound

But Nid players got GSC, complete with a whole line of new models. But what have CSM got?

>Nid players got GSC

CSM players got Daemons.

Why does everyone say or assume this? Guys can find nids cute too you know. Liking nids doesn't mean I'm a girl.

Did you assemble the warriors from the SC already?
No just the gargoyles so far. Are warriors and lictors similar I'm guessing as far as bodies?

> If not, then I would definitely recommend buying a thing of Venomthropes/Zoanthropes and building zoanthropes. With the contents, you can convert your Warriors into Lictors with the Venomthrope heads, build Zoanthropes and Neurothrope, which can be funny and cute and cause some damage with the Neurothrope power, and then, by far most importantly, build Mucolid Spore Mines out of the Venomthrope tentacles and sacks. Mucolid Spore Mines are one of the most important units, bar none, in the Tyranid codex because it allows you to fit in more big bugs by cheaply consuming your tax troops.
Wow thank you that's so helpful. I was gonna start on the flyrant next but i read somewhere that flyrants really like twin linked devourers which I have to get elsewhere or something?

I seriously hope you're joking user.
CSM have
>traitor legion rules
>IA13
>rengades and hertics
>daemons
>HH
>useful relics
>formations
>amazing models
>a fucking primarch for 40k
They have almost as much support as loyalists.

The meme is that most 'Nid players are grils because they think thy're cute. Those tiny ones that come in packs of 3-5(?) on a single base especially.

Bigger squads have a bigger risk for mishaps if you deep strike. And with the icon that would be a lot of points gone.

CSM tacticals can swap bolters for pistol+ccw for free.

Flamers are good for that kind of squad, but I would run meltas though because they will already be able to kill large hordes in melee easily enough but lack inherent anti-tank.

>We give as good as we get!
Tau firepower should be doubled desu

>Why does everyone say or assume this? Guys can find nids cute too you know. Liking nids doesn't mean I'm a girl.
They assume it because girls love nids. My friend game me his Tyranid army cause he quit the game. I have them displayed on a table and literally every woman that is in this house or has passed through this house in the past few weeks said something like, "Aw, they are so cute!"

My mom, my sister, my gf, my mom's caretaker, my mom's CNAs, my mom's nurses. That's like 12+ women that have all commented on how cute the Tyranids are. Guys can find Tyranids to be cute and fun too, but it's definitely a girl army.

Swarm models are adorable. Had you seen the m&m scarab swarm?

Anyone got Z's current email?

I just bought some krieg stuff from forgeworld then had to cancel the order 3 hours later because it's christmas and my catering job at a school stops over christmas so I have no money

pls help a poorfag out

Yeah, they're similar in bodies. Only real difference they'll have is that Warrior Scything Talons look way less cool than real Lictor ones, but it's a small deal. Just look up a lictor and model the scytals to be in a somewhat similar pose.

As for TLDs, yes you need to get them elsewhere. I model them using Crushing Claws with the big crabclaw cut off, then gluing two Devourer heads from either Warrior or Termagant devourers onto the spot where the claw used to be. Alternatively, if you've got a fat wallet, Forgeworld sells actual TLDs. If you don't play with cunts just assemble the Heavy Venom Cannon and tell people that it's a set of TLDs.

I have not t b q h

It really is charismatic leadership.

Rippers are cute. Carnifexes too.

But you need the badass ones, like Hive Tyrants, Warriors, Zoanthropes, Venomthropes, to make it all fit together.

Thropes are pretty kawaii desu.

What are you smoking? Slaanesh probably wants some.
>that picture
>BROTHERS, ON THREE WE TIP IT OVER! THE CODEX CALLS THIS STEEL TIP!
And according to the Deathwatch RPG they could probably do just that.

The point is they buy a CCw and keep their bolter so when they're making their way towards a squad to charge it, they have better guns to soften them up before they get there.

Berzerkers have shitty pistols and almost never get to use them or do anything with them, and so suffer massed overwatch against a full-strength squad. This way you get all the benefits of the CC prowess of Khorne but have better guns and STILL be slightly cheaper than berzerkers.

That's actually not a bad idea at all. Give it a try, tell us how it goes.

Word Bearers and Thousand Sons players are still acting like the world is ending.

>smaller stores only get 3 of the battleforce boxes

Fucking gw

Just make bolters assault weapons and allow bolt pistols to increase attack bonus. If that isn't good enough allow pistols to fire back at enemies at bs1 if they overwatch you

Bolters not being able to assault is stupid

>friend who plays iron hands refuses to play against any list I have with Magnus in it

Word Bears and Dust Bunnies got be Word Bears and Dust Bunnies, user.

>acting like iron hands are good
>acting like a well played Magnus isn't Eldar tier

Unless your friend plays centurion death star or battle company, he is right to refuse you, scrublord

Wow I didn't really think there was a definitive girl army in a game like this. I get called a girl enough as it is for my choices in whatever game I play. Explains why my friend snickered when I told him I picked tyranids.

well
They are cute. You can't really argue that.

Are warrior primes shit too?

Also, do you have a list for a small army (I guess between 500-1000 pts idk) that uses the models you mentioned in your other post?

>Knows this
>Still keeps putting Magnus in the list

Good. Take that Magnus and shove it up your ass unless you're playing 3000 points and up

Unless that's a Gravhammer/Gladius/Conclave BS list, I agree with him. Not much your token Hydra, Icarus Array or Stalker tank can do to handle a 4++ rerollable FMC at T7. Hell, a little effort, emphasis on little, and he is 2++ reroll 1s and effectively a flying, invincible D beam and 4 other powers. I would rather fight a Warhound Titan.

He takes smash fucker and Grav out the ass

>sperglord comes looking for sympathy
>wants to run magnus

Will do, friendo. Just a shame Berzerkers are invalidated.

See, my current plan is just to curtail a few points from my current Black Crusade Detachment list, and shove in three sorcs, each with a familiar and WL 3, one with the bonus WC artifact, one with the extra malefic relic.

Summon three units of lesser demons a turn by throwing 4 dice at it each, adding in the various traitor astartes powers to taste.

Also, shit. Gotta be careful, cause Bolters can't assault but if you have pistol/CCW then you can choose to use those instead. this means you're unlikely to fire 20 bolter shots within 12" and then charge the enemy, but you can hammer them with bolters, get in close with pistols and then charge. In that case, flamers would be ideal, since you can decide that 2 decide to use those instead and get more hits and be able to assault normally.

Am I imagining things or does Matt from Mini War Gaming cheat?

Smash fucker is shit for his points cost

Warrior Primes are like space marine captains/chaos lords with better base stats but no iron halo or terminator armor. So, they're kinda sucky. They also increase the ballistic skill of their brood though, so the regular warriors can actually hit stuff with their deathspitters. And one can take a miasma cannon if you like the idea of a heavy weapon HQ.

Warrior Primes are pretty dogshit. They need to cost like 50 points instead of fucking 100. Even then they'd just be okay. In general they need to be reworked from the ground up, pretty much.

For 500 poins, I'd go

Flyrant with TLDs and E-Grubs

2x Mucolid

1x Zoanthrope, 1x Neuro 2x Zoan

1x Lictor

Comes out to 495.

1000 would look like

2x Flyrants, Egrubs

2x Mawlocs

2x Lictors

1x Zoanthrope

1x Gargoyles (10)

Word beares will probably make to most out of the new astrates powers. The Cult legions have only limited acess and IW, Alphas, and Night Lords dont favor psykers that much.

dp with armor = gravbait, poof gone
also, t5 model at 340p, s10 instant death, poof gone

Wut we just got 2 books and like 5 kits

It's possible more kits next month and that's a lot dude.

Sisters got fa for like 19+ years

And I'm an EC player I've been waiting for none fw noise marines for ages.

Another common TL devourer conversion is to just use the Fleshborer Hive weapon that nobody ever uses(from the Tyrannofex kit).

That 9 should be a zero sorry

I fucking love those things but they're so damn impossible to find I gave up and it'd kill my ocd to have one flyrant with fleshborer hives and the rest with devourer-claws.

He's a huge waacfag to the point that he rigs campaigns with family or able scenarios and deployments.

>okay the scenario is the ig is defending this bridge against a huge tyranid horde
>adds rules that let's nids ignore bridge and all arrive on top of ig

Lel

Complete newfag question here, Grabbed the start collecting Skitarii box, and am gonna grab another one (maybe 2) after I finish building and painting and am wondering if I'm allowed to take the Dominus maniple as well as the Skitarii maniple as a single force or am restricted to picking one of the two?

So i have been thinking about alpha legion daemon prince:
>nurgle to represent SUPERIOR STELTH
>wings
>Psy level 3, biomancey
>power armour
>blade of the hydra
so you try for warp speed, though iron arm is fine, as is endurance
If you get it off, warpspeed gets you 8+d6 attacks, which explode on 6's, so on average, 13 str 6 rending attacks, at I10 and ws 9. Rending means you can threaten tanks, especially with that many dice to throw at the problem.

325 points for the above, which also gets a 2+++ vs shooting, is pretty damn nasty

Nah, you can take as many detatchments as you like. So you could have the Dominus Maniple and then 2 5-Vanguard squads and then whatever else you wanted in the Skit Maniple.

>warpspeed
>13 str 6 rending attacks

2+++ until the tau show up. I already lost one Nurgle DP turn 2 to S 10 Ignores cover at BS 5 through markerlights. Doesn't feel nice.

So, what, are DPs bad now?

Does grav actually make it the "meta" choice to take a -/4++ over a 3+/4++?

TBQH m8, tau can fuck of. not much i can do about them: even with Iron arm and the relic armour of 2+ (so dropping the hydra blade) a rip tide, or plasma-crsis squad would dick me in the ass.

The only hope would be to fly. cant remember, can tau get skyfire easily?

Jeez he sounds a fun guy to play against

So one zoanthrope kit, and 2 of these?
games-workshop.com/en-US/Sporocyst
and then the lictor?

Also, wow mawlocs are cute too desu. Does the flyrants in your second list use TLD too? and is the zoanthrope there mean the 1 neuro and 2 zoan as well?

You guys are so helpful though, thanks.

mawlocs are the cute-est

Just say it has no armor if playing vs grav

>wom finally leaked

i'm so excited 40kg

>grav
>having skyfire
good one lad

also, name a common str 10 weapon that ISNT blast

Railguns? Unless that changed from 3rd

>railguns

do Taufags even use those anymore?

Not sure I haven't seen a Tau player in a long time. Kind of the wonders of the third world.

WARBOSS PK

Godspeed you glorious yellow bastards

Only hammerhead ones, and they are never taken

>Orks
>a melee race
ect.