Pathfinder General /pfg/

Aquatic Adventure Edition! Do your PCs put ranks in Swim?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

meetup.com
youtube.com/watch?v=1zukD3I9sww
paizo.com/pathfindersociety
paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/events
youtu.be/MRYRE24g-NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f2hXCxDDFGU
youtube.com/watch?v=noJiH8HLZw4
youtube.com/watch?v=frQOKB429c8
youtube.com/watch?v=8Jsdn0wHgQM
youtube.com/watch?v=TazywZDuj9I
youtube.com/watch?v=jynTNYSKNuk
youtube.com/watch?v=cKr616BOslU
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1022581
docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this isn't a very fair comparison, because a Sacred Fist's core mechanic involves abusing its swift action self cast buffs.

On a pure numbers level on DPS without those obviously a Sacred Fist is worse, but it brings far more utility, healing, ect to the party.

Yes, but she's had no opportunities to use them yet.

>putting ranks in swim

It's a naval campaign, so yes.

It's like Climb; you want 1 rank in it just to be safe, in case the worst possible things happen and you have to rely on it.

at least 1 just in case

Always put at least one rank in Swim.

It's useless when you don't need it, but when you need it, you fucking need it RIGHT NOW.

Where can I find games, am I stuck with roll20?

In my group's homebrew everyone gets 1 additional skill rank per level which they can put in shit skills. Atleast one of them usually goes into swim for me. Otherwise I probably wouldn't put a point in there unless I know it's an aquatic campaign.

>submit a character to hell's vengeance
>mfw i join an evil party and i'm the only one who stacked Cha and face abilities

pretty much

there's at least two games recruiting on /pfg/ right now

Lyra Ivytounge?

Try Meetup.

>meetup.com

Or, play a PFS game long enough to learn who the good players are, then take them for your own game.

>mfw a perky child joins our serious terrorist group.

Lyra's too genki, how are we supposed to have our monologues about the demons within.

youtube.com/watch?v=1zukD3I9sww

To be fair, not everyone would monologue about the demons within.

I don't think thats a thing Shizuka would do. Ever.

I know we do this a lot but I'm feeling inspired. What music do you guys listen to while making characters?

Same with Tyran, he seems too satisfied with his lot in life.

I mean, besides the whole "my soul is rotting" thing.

You haven't read Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san (Precarious Woman Executive Miss Black General), have you?

PFS?

Depends on the tone I'm going for the character! If I'm making something cool, I always listen to the DOOM 2016 OST.

pathfinder society, its official play done at you FLGS

>paizo.com/pathfindersociety
>paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/events

Be warned. There are a lot of "that guys" there.

These are also the people responsible for some nerfs.

Hey, Sersheon's got decent cha and social skills.

Depends on what I feel like making! Lately, though? Well, might as well do a dump

youtu.be/MRYRE24g-NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f2hXCxDDFGU
youtube.com/watch?v=noJiH8HLZw4
youtube.com/watch?v=frQOKB429c8
youtube.com/watch?v=8Jsdn0wHgQM

>Only one who stacked Cha and face abilities
>face abilities
>[PROFESSION (BARRISTER) INTENSIFIES]

youtube.com/watch?v=TazywZDuj9I

DOOM OST
Fable 2 OST
Hurt - Johnny Cash
Earth 2 OST

I'd like to think Catherine's a functional face, and she'll get better once she has a few levels in Thrallherd.

Lyra is going to go 'ohoho' and there's nothing you can do about it

actually any music from MGR:R

youtube.com/watch?v=jynTNYSKNuk

Lyra pleases filthy old men for money!

FILTHY OLD MEN FOR MONEY

Ah. My LGS just does card game events so that's a no-go anyway.

>Waste of ki

There's no such thing. Monks gain 1 ki every time they crit or kill a living opponent.

speaking of Unchained Monk, is it worth a damn? i know the meme is that Monk is a steaming pile of shit, but I haven't actually seen a lot of discussion on the unchained variation.

its AOK, solid t4

Unchained is objectively better than PHB monk, if you want to monk go Unchained.

You're still bottom tier of tier4 though.

Well, currently, this.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKr616BOslU

But I'm not sure what kind of mechanical goal I can derive from it.

Does it count as 'reducing an opponent below 0 HP' for the purposes of regaining grit/panache/etc. if i knock someone out with nonlethal damage, even though they technically never went below 0, their nonlethal damage just exceeded their HP?

Monk is fine. Unchained is better in many ways (but worse in many ways too: monk archetypes are better, and the will save loss is a piece of shit)

Generally yeah. I would check with my DM about the loss of the good will, though. Someone at Paizo just could not get UMonk be a straight buff.

>Monk is fine
hehehehe, no, is not
>monk archetypes are better
I partially agree on that, a couple of archetypes are, imo, better than Unchained in certain ways

Not including temporary buffs because I only skimmed the character sheets:
Character skills. About half can diplomatise and lie, and half can terrorise?

Ansell
Diplomacy: 13
Bluff: 6
Intimidate: 11

Shizuka
Diplomacy: 6
Bluff: 0
Intimidate: 6

Sersheon
Diplomacy: 8
Bluff: 8
Intimidate: 9

Catherine
Diplomacy: 9
Bluff: 9
Intimidate: 3

Nicolae
Diplomacy: 1
Bluff: 1
Intimidate: 7

Lusia
Diplomacy: -2
Bluff: -2
Intimidate: -2

Duskwind
Diplomacy: 0
Intimidate: 0

Fleur
Diplomacy: 17
Bluff: 13
Intimidate: -7

Yori
Diplomacy: 11
Bluff: 11

Dierdre
Diplomacy: -1
Bluff: 9
Intimidate: 10

Caidor
Diplomacy: 8
Bluff: 8
Intimidate: 7

Lyra
Diplomacy: 11
Bluff: 12

Tyran
Diplomacy: 0
Intimidate: 10

Fun fact: Ansell can grant his allies a +1 or +3 bonus on Intimidate checks.

whats that dealio where you can get cha to damage and hit with a STarknife again?

Divine Fighting Technique: Desna

if I recall properly.

sounds right, thanks

I don't know what's funnier, Duskwind's complete lack of social skills or Tyran only being really, really good at being scary.

Shizuka is below average

She's not going at threatening people

Its hard to be threatening when you're a 5'2" tian woman, and when you can't take bruising intellect because you already got Int to perform dance for mithral current..

Repostan, because I've got half bottle of Schnapps left, I'm playing drunk Santa, I'm buying shitty 3pp materials (no offence N Jolly) so you don't have to. Make a request.

And by average.

Ansell - 10
Shizuka - 4
Sersheon - 8.33
Catherine - 7
Nicolae - 3
Lusia - -2
Duskwind - 0
Fleur - 7.66
Yori - 11
Dierdre - 6
Caidor - 7.66
Lyra - 11.33
Tyran - 3.33

>Fleur
>5 Charisma
>+17 Diplomacy
clever wordplay is a hell of a drug

What are their Appearances?

STR or DEX + CON + CHA?

yes

No. (STR+DEX+CON+CHA)/4, swap Int or Wis for Cha if they have Bookish Wallflower or Salt of the Earth.

The real question is what metal rising revengance song fits each character best.

Half the cast would use Mistral's theme.

i'm not sure they would. Just because they're female doens't mean they're mistral.

> Amalthea gets beyond max thicc result.
> gets max preg result from previous marriage. 7 kids in the oven before the game even starts.
Ive created a monster!

tfw dierdre is hella ugly

;w;

So, if I'm trying to put together a pretty typical, charismatic kitsune sort, should I go for Magical Tail or stay away from it? It does eat a lot of feats but, well, it is pretty foxy.

Magical Tail, the feats, are absolute dogshit. Ask your DM if you can just have the fluff and skip taking the feats. Also be a Yokai.

None taken, keep spreading the joy!

what five would you pick out of the hv cast currently /pfg/ if you were the gm?

there's an archetype in the new book that makes magical tail suck less to take.

Generally I put enough ranks in that I can take 10 and make a DC 10 check, if I have skill points to spare. In the very unlikely event of an underwater adventure, I can probably magic myself a swim speed anyway.

I kind of wish aquatic adventures were done more often than never, there's a huge portion of the bestiaries that goes unused because the creatures only live underwater.

So I dunno if what I have is any good because I'm a PF novice, so who wants to help me with Catherine build-wise?

Things I know I want: Full levels in Tactician(Commander), the ability to use it's spells and features effectively, Thrallherd PrC, a second manifesting class to take full advantage of Thrallherd(can't be a full manifester), good bluff skill.

Anything else is pretty much gravy, I've taken cryptic because it's an Int-based half-manifester, it's mastery of traps seems interesting in a tactical sense and that little at-will ray attack seems nice to have and probably more useful than any weapon wielded by Catherine, but to be honest I don't like the idea of her being all tattooed up so I'll replace it if I can find something near as good.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1022581

>tfw really want to make armstrong for this game but cant

>magical tail is dogshit
>dominate person SLA at low levels is dogshit

ok

invulnerable rager barbarian/nanite bloodline sorcerer

They also have an FCB that's available to them regardless of class to get magical tail.

>if I totally kneecap myself in every other aspect with this extreme gimmick build, I can do this one thing really early!
>implying that makes it good

You have spent resources in order to obtain and use 8 feats that could have gone to literally anything else, in order to be what will quickly become a shitty sorcerer.

I think 7 kids is too many! It's one thing to be a single mother, or the mother of twins, but seven?

between the new sorcerer archetype and the FCB you can get 9 tails taking exactly 0 feats and losing only bloodline spells (which are usually meh)

I know what a Youkai is, but is that some specific mechanical thing as far as Pathfinder goes? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Nah, I know how to build him user. I just can't for other reasons, most of which because I've already built him twice in another game and my players would give me shit if I joined a lewd game

>my players would give me shit

Create a new roll20 account. use it for the lewd game

done.

Oracles have an archetype that gives up mystery spells for magical tail feats (and completely optional for each spell)

Which is more worth three feats, /pfg/?
1. An Improved Familiar through Eldritch Heritage?
2. A full-level animal companion through Boon Companion and Animal Ally?

3rd party tho and arguably too strong

not surprising since it was written by LITERALLY A FUCKING FURRY Augunas without anyone to hold him back from his Kitsune fetish.

He's thinking of an Oracle curse, and the 3rd party archetype also extends to sorcerers.

Sorry, it's a curse, not an archetype. Anyway it's 1PP.

Too late, they already know who I am and they're in the thread right now

It's a weeb ART from Bloodforge Infusions (3pp) that makes them the fox-accessory-wearing humans that /pfg/ wants them to be.

do it anyways

Live the dream.

Bloodforge Infusions playtest, which was a thing long before Blood of the Beast came out.

docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit?usp=sharing

It basically amounts to "you are an actual kitsune, instead of the garbage that paizo has"

>makes them the fox-accessory-wearing humans that /pfg/ wants them to be
>when it makes them into actual animals that turn into people, rather than shitty anthro furbait

>tfw your characters are always well-received but never memed

How do I fix this?

you're face is a meme

the answer is you have to meme them yourself

Ansell - (10+16+14+14) = 54/4 = 13.5
Shizuka - (7+16+14+10) = 47/4 = 11.75
Sersheon - (10+16+10+14) = 50/4 = 12.5
Catherine - (9+14+12+20 (Bookish Wallflower)) = 55/4 = 13.75
Kitty - (14+20+14+16 (Bookish Wallflower)) = 64/4 = 16
Nicolae - (15+14+14+13) = 56/4 = 14
Lusia - (17+12+18+16 (Salt of the Earth)) = 63/4 = 15.75
Duskwind - (12+14+14+19 (Bookish Wallflower)) = 59/4 = 14.75
Ukor - (20+10+14+7) = 51/4 = 12.75 (Seems to be wearing masterwork full plate, which sets appearance to 12)
Fleur - (8+20+14+5) = 47/4 = 11.75
Yori - (13+18+14+18 (Salt of the Earth)) = 63/4 = 15.75
Dierdre - (10+20+14+8) = 52/4 = 13
Caidor - (14+13+14+14) = 55/4 = 13.75
Lyra - (10+16+14+18) = 58/4 = 14.5
Tyran - (18+12+16+15 (Salt of the Earth)) = 61/4 = 15.25 (Seems to be wearing masterwork full plate, which sets appearance to 12)

By ruining your character to appeal to /pfg/.

Honestly, I dislike weebkitsune faggotry more than furrykitsune faggotry.

The problem with Augunas isn't that he's a furry, it's that he's a fucking degenerate who can't keep it in his goddamn pants.

>Honestly, I dislike weebkitsune faggotry more than furrykitsune faggotry.
Absolutely heretical.

>I dislike the literal source material more than the shitty spinoff fetishtrap

the fuck, are you high