Hello Veeky Forums, I started playing tabletop games rather recently...

Hello Veeky Forums, I started playing tabletop games rather recently. I'm on about the end of my first week of VtM and I'm thinking about in-depth RP has to be.

I have 3 dots into computer and when I wanted to order illegal materials, I had to have a tl;dr description of how to use tor, get bitcoins, use alphabay, ect. And luckily, I kind of already had an idea and googling what I forget made it easy.

If my character wants to make napalm(not military-grade), pipebombs, poison(would that effect vampires? If getting drunk does, I'm sure that poisoning a mortal then blood-letting them might be useful), Timothy McVeigh truckbomb a vampire, ect.... Could I just say, "3 science, can I roll to see if I know how to google the knowledge to create ___ then buy said materials and make it?". Or something like that?

Should I download the Anarchist Cookbook so I can describe how to make rudimentary explosives in detail? Are there any recs on books to read to create explosives, disrupt communications, sabotage cars, ect in detail? I've already created stakes, stocked up on gasoline, ect ingame.

Or would it be better to go to a university, turn a chemistry professor into a ghoul, then order him to create explosives for you?

What are some creative ways to kill vampires and werewolves?

Thanks Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/military-manuals
archive.org/details/military-manuals?&and[]=subject:"explosive"
murdercube.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=gzDYgRc6eic
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AEBnH1kAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do not sexualize Megumin and I will help you.

ok I will no longer sexualize the Megumin

please help

>anarchist cookbook
user the Anarchist's cookbook is complete dogshit, it was the best the average retard could get before the advent of the internet.

I don't have any I want to recommend over the clear web and get flagged by you know who, but there are a lot of much better professional books out there on the chemistry and science of things that go boom.

>s, disrupt communications, sabotage cars, ect in detail?
The army did a large series manuals that might be good for this, they are released free on places like the internet archive.

Whoops forgot to link
archive.org/details/military-manuals
archive.org/details/military-manuals?&and[]=subject:"explosive"

Okay, I'll just google as usual but some recs might be nice. Why is the Anarchist's Cookbook so infamous if it's so utterly shit-tier? I won't read it if so, but I only need some basic and rudimentary knowledge in a practical format.

But I figure googling, "How to make pipebomb", "how to sabotage car", "how to make napalm", "how to procure illegal weapons", "how to make truckbomb", "how to hijack plane", "how to ___", wouldn't look good so maybe 4-6 pdfs that have a lot of information would be better.

Poisons generally can't kill vampires. Because most poisons kill by slowing heartbeat, preventing breathing or building up toxins in some of internal organs. None of those are things that Vampire needs to exist.

Explosives and fire should work just fine (unless you're up against particularly tough Elder with high Fortitude, but in that case you're fucked either way).

Chemistry professors are usually not what you see in Breaking Bad. You'd be better focusing on military veterans, mobsters and religious radicals.

Also you don't need to rely on IED you make yourself, decent supply chain can get you anti-tank missiles and anti-personnel mines that will make short work of most kindred.

Oh, and Dragonbreath Rounds - if /k/ is to be believed, they can be made at home easily.

Never mind, awesome. Thanks

Hold the fuck on.
YOU don't need to know this shit. Your character has to, that's what the stats ARE for. Is your GM saying that you have to? If so, tell him to cut this shit out. Just because you know something does not mean your character does and vice versa.

>What are some creative ways to kill vampires and werewolves?
Well I know jack shit about VtM besides playing the game, but if you are a sciencey type you could always try shit like ultraviolet lights/ artificial sunlight (think that was a movie plot).

Poison the blood of people they are feeding on if there's anything vampires can't stand but humans might (silver for instance can be ingested by humans and in some myths is bad for vamps)

Oh also check out this site, they have some /k/ shit hosted on site, and torrents with lots of books on the subject like the mega folder which is 70+ gigs of info on all the /k/ shit you would ever need sorted by subject (don't know if the torrents have seeds though)
murdercube.com/

>Why is the Anarchist's Cookbook so infamous if it's so utterly shit-tier?
Well because it got passed around a lot in the old days before you could look it up and find out that half of what it said was balls to the wall stupid, and because there were media shit storms over it whenever someone used it, but there are other reasons too like it's anti-viet nam slant and the whole militant anti war movement.

I see. So I don't really need to make anything, as long as I can order and obtain a supply chain somehow. How would one get a realistic supply chain to anti-tank missiles, anti-personnel mines, ect? We have someone with 5 in resources, and I think clever use of dominate and bloodbonds can help quite a bit.

So basically, if I can order the rest, the only things I would need to know are how to sabotage cars(There's one player character in our warpack that's obsessed with drifting).

Should I just google how Mexican cartels/ISIS/3rd world countries, ect get their weapons to get a general idea? The entire game is situated in Houston, Texas.... so we're quite near Mexico. Or is there really a black market for these things and I can just order the cheaper stuff on alphabay?

I think flamethrowers are legal in Texas, which is helpful. So are tanks.

>Chemistry professors are usually not what you see in Breaking Bad

>Not gouling the head of a uni-lab and making him produce nano-explosives for you
Bucky bombs for all!

Also
>Poisons generally can't kill vampires
What about nerve gas, or do vamps not still operate using nervous impulses and instead it's magic?

Oh. Grenade launchers, mines, anti-armor rifles, ect are all legal in Texas with enough money or the right licenses. Wow. You learn something new everyday.

Idk, it does help in RPing, though.

I'll look up artificial sunlight and check that out, I guess.

I see, makes sense. Thanks.

>Chemistry professors are usually not what you see in Breaking Bad.
>You'd be better focusing on military veterans, mobsters and religious radicals.
user, I'm not even a chemist, but a pharmacis and during the 5 years on the uni I've learned how to produce industrial amounts of heroine, different amphetamines, few basic explosives, primers for them and how to rafine petrol, just because that was part of my education.
Literally kids from technical high schools with chemistry profile are taught how to get different types of nitrates and what has them.

But sure, better ask mobsters how to make explosives, than, say, trained chemist.

>Cartels
From what I understand it's mostly standard black market stuff, smuggle them across the border from better armed countries (US) they for the most part only have small arms because much bigger costs a fortune to get people to overlook.

>ISIS
Mostly they capture "legitimate" stockpiles of weaponry from state actors and then use it to further arm their forces, though the black market comes into play since they are also selling off oil from captured oil refineries and using it to pay their troops as well as purchase weapons from sympathetic third parties.

>3rd world countries
States operate on a whole other level, for the most part they can just go to arms companies at one of the arms expo's and say "We'd like to order some of your finest baby killing assault tanks, here's a cheque" and then it's done.

IRL it's pretty hard to get actual arms off of the deep web, most you can really get is something like a handgun, if you want more you'd probably best be doing it in person through your local black market which is probably operated or sponsored by which ever organized crime syndicate is in your area.

I mean, you can just ask Wikipedia for the most part.

It's not like the stuff is difficult. It tends to make me laugh when some twitchy teachers or govt officials get scared over the 'forbidden knowledge' of chemistry.

Most people who figure it out are clever enough to know there's not much point to hurting anyone.

Vampire bodies operate through magic. They have to specifically spend blood points to get their bodily functions working again. The blood in their veins doesn't even flow unless they do that.

>you can just ask Wikipedia for the most part
I dare you to make barbiturans based on wikipedia. I double dare you, motherfucker.

>It's not like the stuff is difficult
youtube.com/watch?v=gzDYgRc6eic

>No synthesis data for allobarbital.
Well go update it, user.
>Off to orgsyn!

Why'd you choose barbies anyway? Besides, OP was asking about stuff like nitro and MEKP.

Disclaimer: Please don't make illegal stuff or hurt yourselves. Research for fiction is fine though!

Hmm... I wonder how realistic it would be to convince a foreign state actor to arm us while we pretend to be terrorist infiltrators intent on overthrowing the United States government. Like sleeper agents, or whatever? Then again, knowing WoD, the U.S gov is probably run by mages and vampire elders or something. But I think legally obtaining a tank, larger firearms, a flamethrower, ect might be better then buying it illegally. Since going for illegal will probably attract police attention, which we have in our group right now. (I took the hunter flaw, and the hunters are deep into the city's police department). And having other vampires/hunters know where we live would be a death sentence.

I guess it's time to learn some chemistry again. I only had to take "chemistry for engineers" and it was really basic course.

No, difficult is doing complex modern drug synthesis with 240+ steps, or doing chemical engineering to create complex nonuniform nanoscale structures, the "dangerous" stuff you can make through chemistry is almost always low hanging fruit, stuff people discovered a while ago, with less sophisticated knowledge, methods, and equipment than we have now.

>VtM

Exactly. Mixed acid, ice bath, and drip slowly isn't fucking hard. They did it in barns during the civil war.
Even had a special "run bitches" bell for exothermic runaways.

>I guess it's time to learn some chemistry again.
Synthetic chemistry is actually quite easy. Basic premise is the progression of the reaction by varying thermodynamic means:
Heat added, heat removed, reactants added, products removed.
I recommend starting with esterification reactions- you can make fruit scent chemicals with simple acids and alcohols.

Well it is a fantasy game where vamps, mages and werewolves exist, so you don't have to limit yourself too much.

Off the top of my head, another way you could try to get weapons is cutting a deal with one of the many defense industry companies that exist, maybe offer them vampires/magic shit to try to weaponize or something.

>maybe offer them vampires/magic shit
>>"The Masquerade"

You'll be dead in exactly seven seconds.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AEBnH1kAM

Oh yeah, right. So even non vampire magic shit counts? Sorry I only remember bits and pieces of the general setting from when I played VtM:B when it came out.

Well, I'm Sabbat, so it doesn't matter as much.. and the U.S is mainly Sabbat-controlled territory anyway. But I'm just a fledgling; I'm in no place to make deals with the government. But yeah, I don't think straight-out deals would work very well due to the fact I have no status.

Alright, I'll study hard. I wonder if I can get a minor in chemistry as well as math.

Obstacles to cutting a deal, aside from not actually having the connections, is that the supernatural beings that absolutely do have those connections are not going to let you leak. You'll show something off to an evaluation board and be dead within the hour.

>Showing off to people in power
>Not using a dummy to dupe some regional distributor with dreams of advancing in rank and pinning it on your enemies somehow

>I wonder if I can get a minor in chemistry as well as math.
Thing with college chemistry is they make it really excessively boring.
You'll get fed molar ratios and the history of marie curie.
I'm not sure how people put up with it.

Your best bet is actually learning it on your own, then going to class, impressing the professor, and negotiating for not having to sit through that garbage.
50/50 you get someone who likes go-getters versus a stodgy prick who demands you hang on his every word.

>Well, I'm Sabbat
What bloodline specifically?

>impressing the professor, and negotiating for not having to sit through that garbage.
This literally doesn't happen unless bribery or blackmail are involved.

It does happen. But you've got to be real impressive. Which you will tend to be if you learn it on your own without college intervention.

They still usually make you got to labs to show off though.

I've known professors to occasionally go to bat for students petitioning for exemptions, it's pretty rare though, especially in the fuck huge introductory courses they are forced to teach.

The concept of a vampire society makes no fucking sense. If you take everything as it is presented by the writers, vampires would have no reason to stick together.

>especially in the fuck huge introductory courses
The guys who do 101s are usually real assholes who love to hear themselves talk. Annoys the crap out of me. A bunch of "well they'd be missing out on my special teaching style" tarts. Gotta remind em it's about the student's end resulting skill, not their soapbox fetish.

Stick together or die apart.

Stick together and get worse-than-killed by the only few remaining people left in the world capable of killing you (and also prone to go into fits of psychotic rage at the drop of a hat).

The only thing a vampire needs to do is not act up in front of too many humans at once and they're set for a very good eternal life.

I'll just show a picture of my character sheet.
City Gangrel, specifically. I kind of went overboard with merits; got 22 points worth of them. I leveled up twice already(protean 1 2), usually it'd take much longer, but my entire backstory was being with the Sabbat for a couple years and training in celerity/protean/fortitude and I already have someone to train me in those.

Iunno, I'll learn it on my own and just do the classwork. I don't think negotiation like that is ever allowed except in cases of medical emergency.

Since it was an early character, I kind of treated character creation more like a video game than a tabletop game. Hence the combat-spec; we did have to write a backstory to explain everything, though. And the EXP is zero because I already leveled a discipline twice

>Generation ●●●●●
That's like what, Gen 8? Shit, son your first concern should not be blowing things up but not becoming somebody's smoothie.

Take Stamina over Strength. When you are about to punch someone you can always bloodbuff. When you're about to take a hit you might not have the time to.

>Prey Exclusion (Traps)

>Since it was an early character, I kind of treated character creation more like a video game than a tabletop game.
You did the right thing. It's better to pile your chargen points into maxing somethng out and using EXP to round out. Also, don't bother with intelligence. Wits is justification enough for being clever. Spend all your EXP on disciplines.

Realistically, who the fuck is going to find out about that?

>not becoming somebody's smoothie
What if she wants to be a smoothe?

The explosives CAN help with that.

>Realistically, who the fuck is going to find out about that?
Any Tremere (incl. Antitribu) that gets as little as a single drop of your vitae. Sufficiently potent Tremere or Tzimisce that gets hands on one of your Ghouls (or their remains). Average Assamite and Salubri. Anybody with high enough Auspex. Anybody with time and patience to figure out who your Sire was.

Sabbat is perfectly ok with diablerie. Low generation Fledgling with little resources can easily fall victim to somebody who had plenty of time to build up the resources and is now desperate to get the only thing money can't buy - the way to make their blood stronger.

>Sabbat is perfectly ok with diablerie.
Did I hear something about demon explosives?