Warhammer 40,000 general

Who got awful rules in the new CSM supplement? Just the word bearers edition.

>Previous thread
>Freshest Rules:
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
>mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (MAKE SURE THE CLOWNS DON'T GIVE YOU THE TIP):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/should-have-vs-should-of/
coolminiornot.com/articles/1273-feathering
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for LEVIATHANS

2nd for Chaos players can stop whining.

Question!

If a HQ joins a squad of Troops. Is the unit role Troops, HQ or both for the purposes of Deathwatch Missions Tactics and other rules that rely on battlefield role?

>tfw will never paint this good

Hey, those rules aren't terrible, they're just not as good as the others, but still not as bad as Rubrics.

>2nd for Chaos players must stop whining.
FTFY

Only if you say you can't

Painting is a meme, I just use bases to represent all my riptides.

Thanks to the user who posted the Primarch Quiz in the last thread, I have decided I'm starting an Alpha Legion force now.

At some point when I have the money to start a third army, that is.

I should know better than to cling to hope, yet I do.

Yes you can

The old saying practice makes perfect really works
Try getting some better brushes if you feel what you have is too difficult to work with
Every paint brand works and thins differently, maybe your chosen brand just isn't for you

Key is to keep trying and have fun with it

Are there any negatives to making an unbound army? Cause from what I can tell, not really.

>other players can stop whining about Magnus

lot of people dont want to play againt 6 riptides

Not getting a bunch of sweet detachment bonuses, for one.

Xth for players can stop whining about Big Red

Same bro, why even glue all this shit? I just tape paper to my bases with their names written on to tell folks what I am fielding. All I am here for is to have my guys stand on one end of the table and shoot shit from afar. Moving stuff is stupid.

>Trips
So it is decreed, so it shall be.

Both.

Lol no.

No one even plays TS here and we've agreed no one will be allowed to field him here.
Debating if we should ban death guard too based on the leaks. this is above and beyond chapter tactics, chaos should never be allowed something flat out superior to everything loyalists have.

Does the black legion detachment giving a a guaranteed turn 1 deep strike make Abandon more viable?

Losing Detachment bonuses is a huge deal. Obsec wins Maelstrom games.

Bringing 6 riptides unbound would be a massive downgrade from 2 riptide wings.

Anybody have an image of an iron hands terminator librarian? Wanna get some ideas for one I wanna make for deathwatch.

Neat.

You guys joke, but people actually do these things.

I saw a guy on here complain about having to use lots of terrain because it gets in the way of shooting.

You can deploy Magnus if you have a fully painted and based thousand sons army.

>Literally chaos cant have nice things the post

And if the opponent also has a Primarch or Daemon Primarch.

So looks like you might be waiting for a bit unless it's a mirror match.

Probably

Honestly, I don't even care if I lose horrifically to full Gorgonzola if someone's army is beautifully crafted and painted.

>basing
I just leave my bases black. Why make a fucking grassy base and then put it on a fucking red earth mat or vice versa? Black is nice and neutral.

Back when Tau were released, me and my friends played and my friend picked up Tau. He was the one who understood the game better so he would talk about the missions to us and what not. We'd play with no terrain and a huge gap between our starting lines. I thought Tau were the most OP thing in the world. We'd just get shredded before going anywhere. Later I realized we were idiots and he just liked winning.

I would agree to those terms as long as it goes both ways.

>Eldar
>That small

Come on, Eldar are like 7ft! The Sister's head should be at the Eldar's breasts!

They aren't.

There's no whining as long as no one is bringing him to games.

I have a Tzeentch DP leading Khorne Possessed in my WB list.

No wonder they're so mad.

Terrain is bullshit though. They are a bias against my army that's all about not moving and shooting stuff from far away. I once played a match against another Tau player and since that day I vowed never to play against another one ever again. It's boring shooting at someone far away while he shoots at you from far away and no one moves.

>Possessed

I feel bad for you user

Any news on sisters of battle in the recent months? Other than "Use their 6E rules + this random errata."

You shouldn't, I love my Possessed.

Playing against shooty armies that sit back are boring no matter what. The best games are a mix of close combat and far shooting and lots of moving around the battlefield.

>Two Riptide Wings
One Riptide wing can bring up to 9 tides.

dec 10th, imperial agents codex has sisters rules

They're getting mashed into a book with other miscellaneous Imperial forces that will be coming soon.

They rape face in the DP formation if they get stuck in. Just gotta saturate with targets to pull fire off of them. Nurgle Black Mace DP, Bikerstar and a couple of rhinos tends to work for me.

so what was the end result of the changeling releasing all of the fallen in front of ragnar, stern, and a hereticus inquistor?

A single unit of them, anyway.

How does it fare in competitive games?

just Magnus and a few sorcerers and you good to go.

I was the one who posted that and I still think that.

Honestly, all it does is get in the way.
Think about this, I got an Ork player chasing my tau, I just shoot him and jump behind something and he can't get to me because of difficult terrain.
It's so stupid.

>Tau not even once

But why would I want to go in combat when I have such fun destroying everything by turn 2 by shooting them from far away and never moving? I did lose one match however when someone managed to successfully charge me and killed my fire warriors. I quit the game then and their and called the player a cheater as he should not be able to survive my shooting him from far away while I perfectly did not move a single round. The guy that runs these games then told me to calm down and I was making a scene, I told the dumb fuck that this match only proves how Tau are underpowered and are in need of some major buffs. Was kicked out from the shop after so I went home and watched some more FMA while not moving.

You might be the single most retarded person I've ever seen post in these threads.

Better than nothing! I'll take it. Finally get to field my sisters without explaining that my 'rule book' is actually two white dwarf issues and some internet errata. My neckbreard can only get so fluffy before the police get called....

I like this post.

I mean most of the imperial forces aren't painted either.

I can't believe you had to jack it up to this level to get these idiots to understand the joke.

I don't understand these armies.

Is this a 2v2?

On the other side of the argument. My Dark Eldar NEED a lot of terrain to use as cover while I move up the board because out in the open, my T-shirt saves aren't worth jack shit.

Does that mean it will have new Inquisition rules too?

It will have Inquisition rules. Whether they are new or not?

I sure fucking hope so.

It's not our fault that there are people almost as ridiculous as him walking around and breathing. Satire is hard to pull off when ridiculous manchildren exist. I've laughed at someone thinking they were messing with me only to find out they were serious and rage quit.

The hardest part about 'Eavy Metal paintjobs is how they get their washed surfaces to look that good. That armor is basically blue with a black wash, according to their official tutorials. But there's no way black wash over blue armor looks THAT good.

The highlighting is just 2 or 3 stage edge highlights which just take practice, a steady hand, and a sharp brush. Trying to paint 'Eavy Metal examples always ends up looking more like Duncan's works and not what they show in their photos.

I also have a friend I am trying to get to play 40k. He too also has a passion for shooting stuff from far away and never moving. I told him Tau are perfect for this but when I told him he had to deploy his models he was turned off by the whole idea saying that was too much movement for him.

Yep.

Full list:

1. SoB Battle Squad
2. Sisters of Silence
3. Custodes
4. Inquisition
5. Stormtroopers (probably, only one we don't know about)
6. Wyrdvane Psykers
7. GK Termies
8. Assassins
9. Deathwatch Kill Team

Seems like it's an Inquisition and Friends book.

Sounds great. As long as they don't change the Karamazov rules where he can orbital strike his own allies even in combat, I won't have any issues.

My meta's not hugely competative. Other armies I play against are (really shittily played) SpaceOdin Ork footsloggers, GSC + Tyranids, leaning more to GSC now, and Dark Angels that mixes all three wings together.

I run my possessed as 3 squads, all mark of khrone, sometimes with a Gift of Mutation on the champs. (I play WB so feel like it's super fluffy for me to spam GoM)

This feeling is terrible. My FLGS doesn't have a ton of terrain to go around and it means that you end up with 4-5 pieces tops per game board.
It's gonna suck a whole lot less when I buy some more raiders however, I'm hyped for when I get to take 4+ or 3+ cover with my units everywhere they go.

>he just realized how infuriatingly stupid the vast majority of Veeky Forums is

Welcome to my world. Don't ever try to articulate your contempt with even an iota of passion though, otherwise it's all "sperg more" and "stay mad autist", coming from mouthbreathers who spell "should've" as "should of".

You shouldn't have been using that for a long fucking time dude, the 6th ed digidex replaces that jazz.

I AM HERE FELLOW LEVIATHAN OWNER

That's because Heavy Metal uses a ton of really thin layers (i.e. mixed with medium) on even the flat panels. The tutorials don't match the actual process they use. They're a "close enough" match designed for consumers.

Can Grey Knights take a Leviathan without allies? I'd love to get one of the big guys.

RULES OF TERRAIN FOR GOOD 40k GAMES:

It should cover almost half the battlefield. Meaning, if you take all the terrain on the table, and push it all to one side lined up edge to edge from the edge of the table so it's all touching, it should cover about 40% of the square footage of that table.

At least half of that (so 20% of the square footage of the table) should be line of sight blocking, meaning it should be tall enough that you can put any size model behind it, even a gargantuan, and it is completely blocked from view.

More verticality is better than less, so models can get high ground for better fields of view to counteract enemy units hiding in low terrain.

When in doubt, too much terrain is better than too little.

Finally, if you ever start adding terrain to a table and the other player complains it's too much, and you still haven't even hit the 40% mark, that player is a FUCKING FAGGOT and you should probably just not bother playing their likely grey tide of parking lot shooty shit.

Yeah one 'Eavy Metal painter said in an interview that his ogre firebelly paintjob basically used dozens of glazes and all their layering is actually feathering.

Don't tell people this, the less they use cover the better I can shoot them from far away and not have to move.

GK can't use Leviathans. They were left out of the list of armies that can take them.

Yes it is.
I can't find the one of my 3000 point match against fully unpainted Tau. Now that was FUN

What is feathering?

Doesn't surprise me...Thanks, user.

I just wanted to have a cool dreadnought...

>SoB Battle Squad
>Deathwatch Kill Team
>GK Termies
So it's not a replacement dex at all then. Just "rules for allies". Either SoB are being semi-squatted or the rumors of a stand alone book in Jan-Feb are true.

Unfortunately not, but Id ask your group and see if theyd allow it. Theyre a really fun model to play and paint. Im tempted to pick up a second one!

>mfw the only thing I do all game long is shuffle side to side behind LoS blocking terrain to force gunline players to reposition

huehuehue

elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/should-have-vs-should-of/

Yeah, I never said it was a replacement codex, others did.

This is a much better Inquisition Codex, not a new SoB replacement.

When you thin your color down a lot until its a transparent glaze, then paint that on dozens of times to get a very smooth gradient transition. I think a lot of people just call it glazing or layering, but some guys made up the special term feathering for it.

Yeah, that's just glazing, I know what that is.

This is like those twats who use mouthfeel instead of texture.

You think the guy who painted this started out that good? You are fucking insane if you believe this. Even if you have very limited artistic talent, you can achieve that quality of work with practice.

One faggot tried to argue with me saying that "should of" is valid because it's a colloquialism. Of course he didn't use the exact word "colloquialism" because he was A FUCKING RETARD.

>mouthfeel

Maybe it's a Labrador Retriever behind the keyboard.

It's not though, it's just people misunderstanding Should've.

Here you go. It's a little more the just straight glazing.
coolminiornot.com/articles/1273-feathering

Even better.

Wow, I hate people like you. Such fucking scrubs. Whenever I play against people like you I first try to explain to them to play fair and allow me to shoot at them from far away as I do not feel like moving. Had a guy tell me that he was "Just playing smart and to my weakness." Never had I been so pissed off. I told him the Tau have no weakness and he was just trying to break the game. I reported him for cheating to our event organizer.