/btg/ Battletech General

Mad Panda edition - -

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

MechCommander & Mechwarrior 3 pilot voices and SFX
mediafire.com/file/pehas5xyoaocfaz/2016-11-12_MechCommanderGold-Pilots-with-Instructions.rar
mediafire.com/file/wplodo9q9f1f377/2016-11-19_PC_Mechwarrior3-SFX-Vocals.rar

/btg/'s own image board: - (needs work)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A
mediafire.com/?3d9brfrkj9vnhka
mediafire.com/file/ivqhzog2wyoegxo/Battletech_35011_-_Aerotech_2_Revised.pdf
mediafire.com/file/3o59kirzzz6znac/BattleTech_Hexpacks.7z
mediafire.com/file/l22yrlkk9buzuzl/BattleTech_Intro_Box_Set.7z
flyingdebris.deviantart.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

From last thread...
youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A (embed)

MW5 single player on Unreal Engine 4. With voice acting and a major planetary assault by Union class dropships.

AND...

8604 - The Spider and the Wolf
mediafire.com/?3d9brfrkj9vnhka
mediafire.com/file/ivqhzog2wyoegxo/Battletech_35011_-_Aerotech_2_Revised.pdf
hexpacks 2&3:
mediafire.com/file/3o59kirzzz6znac/BattleTech_Hexpacks.7z
also introbox stuff:
mediafire.com/file/l22yrlkk9buzuzl/BattleTech_Intro_Box_Set.7z

youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A

BUTTE HOLD 2018 IN UNREAL ENGINE 4.

Fuck the purple burd bloody.

Well done, PGI. Never fuckin' thought I'd say that.

This is fucking amazing.

Fuck, looks pretty solid. This, the HBS strategy game, the theory that we may one day possibly see IlClan, it's a solid time to be a BattleTech fan.

good God

>it's a solid time to be a BattleTech fan
Which is why I'm more nervous than ever.

This? This right here? This is Beaten Dog Syndrome. This is what happens when you abuse someone for decades at a time: they can't accept nice things anymore without suspicion and misery. i'm sad i can recognize it

>it's a solid time to be a BattleTech fan
This could be a resurgence not seen since the days of Mechwarrior 4. If we only had new paperback novels, it would be perfect.

More from MechCon 2016:

Atlas Scupts. Mech sculpts. Actual minis (more like macros)

Given that we know the Regulans are reintegrated as of 3150, it seems likely (or would, in a rational universe) that the Regulan troops are sent to spearhead a fight against the Wolves, where they're less likely to have loyalty issues and troublemakers might get killed.

Also apparently a new mech (was noted by Randall to be canon) has been created by flyingdebris.

is that the name of the artist or it was actually created from literal space trash?

it looks like a shad's drunken blue-collar cousin

Also some new updates from HBS on the new Battletech game

>Bluth Corporation

this nigga aint slick

Tears in the rain, my brother. Tears in the rain.

>Not knowing Alex Iglesias

flyingdebris.deviantart.com/

>flew war torn home
>joined a merc company

This is why the rashagoul lost

>Pharaoh Beer
aw shit nigga

I like the way it looks, truth be told. Loadout is up my alley too.

FUCK YEAR.

Both Shimmering Sword and Flyingdebris were at MechCon

Whats the load out?

>literally one jump away from New Vandenberg
HOW DARE THEY INTERFERE WITH A POSSIBLE ENEMY WHO CAN JUMP STRAIGHT TO ONE OF THEIR MOST VALUABLE WORLDS AND WHO'S LITERALLY RIGHT AGAINST THEIR BORDERS

You want to know something crazier? Your fucking dropship captain is from New Vandenburg and was trained in the Taurian spacer military academy around the ninth planet in the system.

wow, literally 100% fat shad

With out jump jets. :(

>The Restoration
>In late 3022, control of the Aurigan Coalition was forcefully seized by the old regime's longtime ally, House Espinosa. The rightful High Lady, Kamea Arano, managed to escape the coup and disappear into the Rimward Frontier. Working in secret, she began sowing the seeds for her own return to power: the Arano Restoration, a liberating army with the clandestine support of the Magistracy of Canopus.

>The Directorate
>When House Espinosa seized control of the Aurigan Coalition, they subjugated the Founding Houses and conscripted their House militias into a standing army. Under Espinosa leadership, the realm has been reformed into the Directorate, an authoritarian power with strong ties to the Taurian Concordat.

>In our story, you’ll interact with your mercenary crew on the Argo, along with various major personages from the Aurigan Reach. Over the course of the single-player campaign, you'll get to know these characters via personal conversations, crew briefings, and story cinematics. And of course, they'll also be communicating with you in-mission while your lance is deployed as seen in our Super-Pre-Alpha gameplay video.
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE&feature=youtu.be

well, it got fat, and now it can't jump no more

In an era where the orbital mechanics of New Vandenburg were regarded as a state secret.

What the literal shit.

If you choose not to assist the Aranos, the story basically stops. You can still do missions, but there's no plot. This is intentional because "branching plot arcs take too long."

>In an era where the orbital mechanics of New Vandenburg were regarded as a state secret.
no, you're thinking of basically the calculations for pirate points in the hyades cluster, which were state secrets until it wasn't because coleman

lazy motherfuckers

Okay, now THAT'S stupid. Rails are no fun for anyone in a game like this.

Thank god someone finally had the sense to add more Periphery realms. It always seemed to bizarre to me how few there were. If you want to have your super-power states you need a nice selection of smaller ones too.

Where does it say this?

Too bad they added it to the area with all the other periphery states. Spread out a little, assholes.

Fair enough. I thought New Vandenburg was the capital of the TC.

They said as much during the stream earlier.

nah, it's their most important industrial world, and they're a fairly obscure faction so it's not a hard mistake to make
there used to be more, but them they sacrificed two of them to big up the Marian Hegemony, and of course the clan invasion put paid to all those bandit kingdoms and only one arose after that to replace them, which was a shame

The HBS battletech presentation during MechCon

Add one more to the list.
I feel like I can trust Catalyst and HBS at least reasonably well.
PGI has spent the last five years delivering disappointments. If there's a kickstarter, I'm not sure how generous I will be...

Ah thanks. That sounds kinda dumb though then. Its fucking nobles getting deposed, not a democratic government or anything, who gives a shit, there's no guarantee they'd be any better.

Their excuse was that they went through that with Shadowrun Returns and felt it wasn't an effective use of time. But my rebuttal is that the octuplecross is a time honored tradition in mercenary work.

I'd be fine if that route was shorter as long as it was a legitimate choice.

Please tell me I can mod this hunk of crap Shad. Or that I can get something that isn't crap as a starter mech. Then again, don't they have hardpoints on mechs now? So I can't build my preferred Shad anyway.

Well, it's been retconned away now. Get over it.

>there used to be more, but them they sacrificed two of them to big up the Marian Hegemony, and of course the clan invasion put paid to all those bandit kingdoms and only one arose after that to replace them, which was a shame

I like looking at my really old Inner Sphere map sometimes and seeing how much the periphery has changed since the mid-80's.

>The Outworlds is literally 4 worlds.
>The Oberon Confederation is just Oberon IV
>Elissa IX has a big state drawn around it instead of being part of the Oberon Confederation
>Circinus is just Circinus with a line drawn around it
>There are no Taurians or Canopians. The biggest group in the area is the Pirate's Haven cluster which nobody even remembers anymore even though it's still on the modern maps
>New Vandenburg and Pinard exist but as independent worlds
>No worlds out in the Marian end of space but the Trznadal Cluster
>No Tortuga
>Just a few independent worlds like Algenib exist in the place of the Rim Commonality
>Butte Hold still exists

That's how things were just before Comicon 1987 when the 4th SW kicked off in realtime.

And to think that periphery 1e was the high point of shit existing in the periphery less than a year later

YES

Hey guys, odd question, but am I correct in remembering one of the new(er) books having some kind of "planetary militia maker," or something like that? I know there's some stuff like that in Hot Spots, but is there something similar that's more recent? Or am I having another episode, and should probably sedate myself?

What, like a militia RAT or something? Or just a table with common militia units on it (Scorpion, Vedette, Urbie, etc) you roll on? Can't say I'm familiar but I'm interested.

More along the lines of a composition type chart you could roll on. You know, something that'd give you X number of Infantry Regiments, Y number of Armor Battalions, etc.

Hm. I dunno, but that sounds kinda cool for spitting out OpFors.

I know, right? Like I said, I might be having some kind of fever dream, but either I saw something like/similar to that, or was trying to figure one out late one night.

I think the Objectives series gave guidelines for militia sizes (not that they make any kind of sense given what's supposed to be happening) but I've never seen militia RATs.

the only book I can remember with that is Objective Raids, which is old and contains more errors than facts, so that's probably not it

You might be thinking of the Mob Rules in Reunification War.

What's weird the weirdly out of place/shoehorned racial stuff in all the characters? Since when has that mattered in BTech?

How do you mean out of place or shoehorned in? Battletech has always tried to detail the races of people living in certain areas, usually clumsily, so its normally a case of "eh, whatever".

Found what I was thinking of! It's in Interstellar Ops, in the Inner Sphere in Flames section. There's a bit on generating random garrisons for worlds you attack, and that must be what I was thinking about. Thanks for talking me through my madness, guys!

race mixing has always been a thing in BT. looking at you Rabbi Ortega

Given the fact that Santiago is Spanish/South African, he could just be a really tan Mediterranean dude.

So is there any BTech news from MechCon?

They're talking about the new BattleMech Manual at some point, dunno if it was today or not.

It's UE4 on PC.
Somebody somewhere is going to modding it Day 1 whether or not PGI wants them to.

Or all the half-Japanese people in the Combine.

I mean mod the configuration of the Shadow Hawk. I already expect mods to appear for the game itself.

Honestly those guys look a lot more swag than the people we're supposed to like.

I have to disagree. Lady Arano is my new BT waifu. I guess I just have a thing for displaced princesses leading a resistance to regain their kingdoms.

Hmm... a book that just collates the 'Mech related rules.

So nothing really new then? Aiight...

Well it's handier than carting around TW I guess, and according to Xotl it's actually going to be useful, but who knows whether that will be true or not.

Fair enough, but I was kinda hoping for some forward momentum on where BTech is going.

Right now they're just fucking stalling. Is it a rights thing? Are they a hair's breadth away from losing the license from Topps and that's why they're gunshy about going #FullIlClan?

Thanks again mediafire bro, files downloaded fine

That's just normal for them really. 2002-2008 was Forever 67. They took a year off in 2013 for Year of the Star League. Now this year is the Year of the Succession Wars. Maybe next year too since it's such a big subject and they seem to be making introtech with the new minis the normal starting year again. I think they want the groundwork in place for their new baseline for new players before they shake up the end of the Dark Age.

Ok, that does make sense.

So plastic Reseen & Clan 'Mechs when?

t-there's a good reason for that

Fantastic. Glad I and another user could contribute.
>Implying you don't want your explodie-bucket orange as well.

Tried to make a Clan Crusader that might be fun to play and not a tinder box. I don't like the way it came out.

>PvE
YES
FREEEE OF THE MULTIPLAYER CANCER
FREEEEEEEE OF PTW
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

A little bit shallow on the LRM bins, frankly. And sure the LPL is there, but I'd drop to one pair of SRMs, and move them to the torso.

Ahhh, I kind of figured this one would be like the original in that you let loose with the LRMs as you approach and the switch to shotgunning them with SRMs up close, but I see your point.

>XL Engines

Surats. Surats everywhere.

>FREEEEEEEE OF PTW

You think buying this game will get you the --whole-- game? Nah bruv.

It's going to have Pre-Order/Day-1/Disc Locked/Cut-Content DLC out the fucking wazooo.

Time to buy VR googles and update the machinery to run VR.

If you want to play in a Phoenix Hawk in My Little Pony colors, only $3.99! ORDER NOW!
>Always online single player...
If that happens...

Oh God... always online... don't even say it!

It's like they did with Sim City, but more online.

>(was noted by Randall to be canon)
Until it makes it to an XTRO, I'm reserving my judgement.

Those Manticores best not be for show!

Also I wonder if all the on foot thing means you might get to play the stock market and shit like in Crescent Hawks.

Anons, have you ever wanted a Sovetskii Soyuz that didn't completely suck balls? Probably not because there's like four people in these threads who care, but you're going to get one any way.

The SI and armour have been maxed out because, seriously, have you seen that shit? 830 kilotons of WarShip protected by armour that *wishes* it was made of tinfoil. Now it might even be able to survive one turn of fire from an Aegis! In related news, it's proofed against nukes on all approaches.

The weapons array has also been upgraded. The Nose arc alone can do as much damage as the canon SovSoy's Broadside arc, and the sides of the ship are now lined with great honking fuck-off NL, NAC and NPPC arrays that let it live up to the fluff of having the firepower of a Battlecruiser despite barely having the throw weight of a Destroyer.

Carrier capacity has been tripled to a full regiment, with 12 Small Craft for shuttle duty or the deployment of the ship's 3 marine platoons.

The only downsides are the loss of 170 kt worth of cargo capacity and it's still stuck at 2/3 Thrust.

The Clan version features the usual LF Battery and HPG, 6 ASF Binaries, an Elemental Trinary, and improved armour at the cost of 10 kilotons of cargo. But logistics are for NERDS so fuck them and fuck their bitching about cargo.