Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/: Druids edition.
Do you play druids often? Have any good stories about your time as a druid? What was your Animal Companion

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Vampire Hunter D Setting Supplement: dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire Hunter D Pathfinder Supplement.pdf?dl=0

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x7Zkun0tJc4
youtube.com/watch?v=dFqw9y70zWA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3hVo9VMhg
youtube.com/watch?v=ENwFAmeWEYk
youtube.com/watch?v=nXzGj540NPs
youtube.com/watch?v=8kN1IULIq-M
soundcloud.com/ra-146/senki-zesshou-symphogear-zettou-ameno-habakiri-mizuki-nana
youtube.com/watch?v=XgMRNiEPPYg
youtube.com/watch?v=c8v9DnZBc-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CiSeoX_4nzU
youtu.be/ZOuhRyXzVsE
youtube.com/watch?v=UVrcMRq7saA
youtu.be/6yabm7i-O4g
youtube.com/watch?v=qD9tQ4Hd21A
youtu.be/1VSA7CvnBAU
youtube.com/watch?v=ihqXPQwXEVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But I've never played a Druid.

Reposting here I guess

Is there a flowchart for or cheatsheet for Mounted Combat like there is Grapple? The rules for it are a god awful mess and it seems like every session I have to brush up on them again

youtube.com/watch?v=x7Zkun0tJc4

>have psicrystal
>put memories of my father and negative emotions into it
>psicrystal becomes weird reflection of what my character thought of his father
>character has serious issues pertaining to his family, namely his children
>worried he will become like his father
>enemies use his family thing against him, mind control his wife and threaten his kids

>psicrystal becomes kidnapped
>the enemies, evil Raksasha, feed the psicrystal three CR 20 angels (the game is a level 16 game)
>psicrystal grows to colossal size, begins terrorizing city, gets renamed to my Id
>Raksasha use my Id against me
>knows everything I do
>part of my collective (I'm a zealot), GM says I can't shut it out now
>collective compromised, it's constantly screaming and taunting me
>says I'll become like my father, it will kill me and replace me
>try and find the city's food source, the Raksasha have everyone mind controlled and the food has a pathogen that lets them blow people up, we're trying to find the trigger system
>the Id shows up, is crawling its way through the tunnels
>turned into a massive heart with black tentacles arms
>has a giant evil sword a mirror to my soulblade
>somehow grew a twisted version of my face

And this shit right here is why I don't keep familiars.

We continuing the Music over here?

Have some Cool NPC "Antagonist?" music
youtube.com/watch?v=dFqw9y70zWA

I don't have any idea. I dont think so

>end up going after the Rakshasa
>they have multi-nested pocket dimensions beneath their castle
>get four layers deep, a castle on a cliff
>only people there are the party (riding in another character's construct helicopter), a single light on in a tower, and a figure beneath a tree
>GM says the figure is calling out to me somehow
>tells me how he hasn't said the Id is shouting at me for a session and a half
>thought he forgot
>get down there
>it's my character, but older
>tells me it's time to end this, that it's grown beyond what I am
>says it'll be over one way or the other

>GM gives me these options "Kill him, Join him, Be Killed By Him"
>We received books from the Rakshasa earlier, two verisons of history that write themselves
>books are telling them "Esma is speaking to esma, trying to rationalize esma, while trying to kill esma, while trying to save esma. Esma is looking at Esma to speak to Esma so he can understand Esma."
>Doesn't expect me to choose option 4
>Kill self
>GM says to wait a minute
>Embrace other me, summon soul blade, gut myself and him by stabbing through him into my stomach
>Other me does the same
>Joined by our souls
>Apparently I chose correctly, gained a mythic spark
>Me and the other me only agree on one thing
>The reflection of Esma's father wanted his child to succeed in a cruel and twisted manner, Esma just want to see his kids happy, either way they both agree that family must be protected
>They both had to die there so that they could defend their family, at any cost

It was a weird session. Almost immediately afterward we fought a Rakshasa named The King, broke an artifact lamp they were using for infinite resurect using a dwarf we found. Turned out the dwarf was Torag, but a reincarnated Torag after the Rakshasa killed him.

Half the party had died by this point.

It ended with Emsa, a hobgoblin, holding the hand of the reincarnated Torag, who had been feebleminded, to use him hammer to strike the artifact.

Seems we are.

Anyone have recommendations for something Lilin could sing? Looking for themes of loneliness and duty foremost.

We ended up afterward having our two dwarven party members become rulers after we told one of the surviving nobles to go fuck themselves for not helping us save the dwarven people.

Our gunslinger/vigilante who heard the holy anvil strike the lamp (the GM said it was a note struck that would bless a dwarf for a thousand lifetimes) we crowned king. We also gave him a cloak Torag let us use for a moment and forgot.

Our other dwarf, a priest of Torag, was dead while the hammer struck, but healed Torag's mind afterward. He's now the pope probably.

My character went back home to his kids, a little happier?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3hVo9VMhg

If you really want to tug at some heart strings.

So /pfg/, I have an idea for a campaign

>RotJR chargen
>Party is all part of the same academy
>Party fights other academy
>Lewds

How terrible is this idea?

I'd be up for it if not for lewds. I want to do this but we're all old fat wizards, like probably Unseen Academicals.

I just want to go to nationals.

This is increasingly awful and you should feel bad for thinking of it.

I'm down.

1) What sort of academy is this?
2) You know this is going to get chuuni as fuck, right?

The idea is that it'd be a Battle Harem LN

Would a 1d6 falcata be better than a 1d8 rapier?

No actually fuck that, that's awful. I want to go to a proper academy like the Unseen University.

Fuck you and your shit idea.

do it in a different system and you have my interest

Not sure if cool or stupid.

No need to be such a bully about it.

Falcata's only good if you can abuse that 19-20/x3 crit, otherwise it's way better to just use a rapier or even a longsword.

Past, like, level 2, yes. Most of your damage comes from other bonuses, not the damage dice, unless you're doing vital strike or some shit, and 19-20/x3 is better than 18-20/x2.

What system would be good for Light Novel tier shenanigans?

>unless you're doing vital strike or some shit

My houserules give everyone vital strike for free, with 5x weapon dice at BAB 20

>BAB 20
So never?

I mean, effectively never sure but it's there

I have been reading the Dark Eye. It is some german setting. Pretty cool so far for light stuff, lots of RPing, low to medium fantasy.

So go Divine Fighting Technique (Gorum)? The point was that no matter what weapon you're using you get more out of the +whatever than the damage die, UNLESS you're using Vital Strike and using 8d6 in which case you might be getting more from the dice.

A:BF?

>The character (called "Hero" in the rules) is defined by five qualities (or attributes): Mut (courage), Klugheit (wisdom), Charisma (same), Geschicklichkeit (agility) and Körperkraft (strength)
Geschicklichkeit-fags get out! You're all twink fuccbois!

That'd maybe work, though I have no idea how to play it let alone GM it. But I am interested in it.

>Geschicklichkeit

That is pretty funny. The version I have has 8 stats.

I actually haven't really done much with druids before. But with my current game hiatus'd/cancelled until further notice, I guess I could start thinking about one.

What character can I play that is least reliant on gear but still a melee character? By either making their gear on the fly or otherwise.

A Soulknife I have heard fits this, as well as a some class that does armor I don't remember the name?

What about for other things?

Help please.

Aegis

Armorist

Soulknife

What does an Armorist do? I am curious.

its a spheres class that summons magical swords and armor

>Looking for a song for Song Lilin
I'm a fucking idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=ENwFAmeWEYk

How exactly do spellcasting classes obtain the use of magic? What exactly happens to them when they're a level 0 that levels them to level 1 and is able to use magic?
Oracles and sorcerers are listed as intuitive so they always had magic powers since they were born or they awakened sometime early in their life. And even though bard isn't listed as intuitive I can assume that they are also natural spellcasters who always had the ability
What about the rest though?

I can assume that through absolute devotion, clerics, paladins, inquisitors were able to attain divine magic through the word of their god.

Are shamans, druids, and rangers the same as this except in that they are devoted to nature and gain the ability to use magic through nature itself and/or fey?

Do wizards/witches/magus/arcanist study and practice for most of their life to be able to use magic at all? Does this mean that it's impossible for any wizard/witch/magus to use magic precociously or at least be able to know they have magic before they have a spellbook? Would it be possible for a wizard/witch/magus to stumble upon a spellbook and inherent it's magic without needing to study for years before it?

How do summoners come in contact with an outsider without being able to use magic? I'd suppose that the outsider in question would instead come in contact with them somehow but in what case would that ever happen? How do they form bonds with said outsider if they couldn't use magic before meeting them and does the outsider bless the summoner with the ability to cast spells?

Armorists are basically the spherecasting version of Aegii and Soulknives; they summon up actual armor and weapons (instead of facsimiles of them like the Aegis Suit or a Soulblade) and have some minor magical powers alongside it.

We should find songs for everyone! What song goes best with _NTR_?

That's up to individual fluff desu.

>Using the English version
>Not the much more pretty-sounding Japanese version
youtube.com/watch?v=nXzGj540NPs

>Or for that matter, the SiivaGunner version
youtube.com/watch?v=8kN1IULIq-M

Ad Eva :^)

>he doesn't want to be a sword
soundcloud.com/ra-146/senki-zesshou-symphogear-zettou-ameno-habakiri-mizuki-nana

Some high quality rips you got there

flat is justice

well everyone knows all Silvagunner uploads is high quality rips

If there was a version in some Scandinavian language I'd use that. She'd sing in Ulfen when she's not singing in Celestial, since she learned from her mother.

ya need to theme your songs like HV did

Nah, if the thumbnail is different from the video, you know it's a LQ rip.

Might as well.

Facing a Love Lost
youtube.com/watch?v=XgMRNiEPPYg

A Rowdy Gang
youtube.com/watch?v=c8v9DnZBc-Q

You know exactly what this is for
youtube.com/watch?v=CiSeoX_4nzU

So basically that one chick from Fairy Tail?

Yes but remember that show is garbage

Technically a Monk also fits, though if you don't want to go this route you can still go Sacred Fist Warpriest if you want to punch things as a Holy Man.

How long till HV's recruiting is over?

>A Rowdy Gang
Muh Aniki!

Theme for a vigilante or henshin hero.
youtu.be/ZOuhRyXzVsE

Perhaps, but at least I know what you're talking about. Glad to see Screw Attack sided with Zoro on their recent video, even if I was worried up until then that he would lose due to her BS plot armor.

I've only played one druid.

He was a half elf Mooncaller who hated undead and was raised a circle of Druids led by a rogue Vanth Psychopomp after his mother was killed.

He used a Scythe, but he wasn't very good at it, and his animal companion Liam the Owl was better in melee than him.

youtube.com/watch?v=UVrcMRq7saA

I suppose that's true.
I was thinking of a backstory for a Magus character idea when I wondered about this. I had that his ability to use magic awakened late in life then he went on to study and better harness his magic to be able to cast actual spells. I suppose that wouldn't be too farfetched since I guess you would have to have a gift for magic in the first place to even make use of studying magic your whole life?

I'm also genuinely curious how other people would explain it in detail, especially for summoner because I think randomly being gifted an outsider for christmas isn't a good explanation.

Until Sunday 10pm eastern

Believe in yourself.

I just have to actually write Literally Sips.

What's HV?

Personally my rule of thumb is
CHA: Your magic comes from your heritage, or some mutation, anyways it is innate.
INT: Studied magic, that or has done something so much he has internalized a higher form of it (i.e. formerly blacksmithing Armorist)
WIS: Faith or ideals has attracted and/or contracted a higher magical being to lend some power.

Good luck, in my experience meme characters based offf of something are hard to do well since they're influenced by their material a bit too much

Hell's Vengeance campaign, evil 30pb gestalt with pow/sop.

The way I've always assumed it works is that technically speaking everyone has some innate magical ability to them in Pathfinder worlds, it's like the Force in that it's woven into the fabric of everyone's being. The difference between your average commoner and a wizard, however, is that one spends all their time and effort tilling the fields and growing food and one spends a month learning how to conjure an apple out of nothing but some spell components. The thing is, the reason everyone doesn't just do that is because the time and components required to make that apple are more "expensive" overall than it would be to just plant the tree and harvest from it every harvesting season.

This also explains how certain people can just cross class into whatever they want without technically needing some crazy backstory thing to justify it.

SPEAKING OF WHICH

Newest guy Marshall needs one

I think cause he's a LAW HELLKNIGHT kind of guy, perhaps THE HOT WIND BLOWING

So

Comes from you innately
Comes from you through gained knowledge/skill
Comes to you from somewhere else.

>Good luck, in my experience meme characters based offf of something are hard to do well since they're influenced by their material a bit too much
I've considered not being a meme. It's a tough decision.

The other one was an budding warlord who wants his own dominion by any means necessary.

I gotchu bro.

youtu.be/6yabm7i-O4g

Cha can also come from somewhere else.

Like a Paladin or a Summoner.

Different user, I would say wis is usually granted or gifted to you from a powerful outsider because devotion or reasons.

Yeah, I think those 3 essentially covers everything.

Caster Druid with domains are best druids

don't let anyone else tell you any differently.

Shoutout to my main gamers Storm Druid, Menhir Savant and that new Ratfolk swarm-focussed druid archetype.

Bruh its gotta be a revengeance song if we were all gonna use SRW songs they'd be completely different

Like Shizuka might be youtube.com/watch?v=qD9tQ4Hd21A

Well, in those cases, the Paladin's comes from their conviction, not actually from any external source. Everyone has the potential to be a paladin without training so long as they JUSTICE hard enough.

Summoners are a little trickier. There's the whole 'bargaining with outsiders' angle I suppose.

So who gets youtu.be/1VSA7CvnBAU ?

none, its an evil campaign so youtube.com/watch?v=ihqXPQwXEVU

What's the most chuuni campaign you could think of?

What's the most chuuni campaign you would play in?

>gestalt scaled fist/eldritch scion kensai/paladin/oracle with osyluth guile

>Well, in those cases, the Paladin's comes from their conviction, not actually from any external source
Anything that isn't Psionics or Ki is external.

RotJR
RotJR

I mean, the battle harem idea is pretty chuuni. But I probably wouldn't play in it.

Do we have someone fittingly big, swordy, and menacing enough to fit that though? I mean, swordy optional I suppose.

I will never not love this picture. But yeah, basically the 'made a friend' kind of power. Heck, weren't Warlocks cha-based?

How do you figure? The whole point of sorcerers is that magic is in their blood. That's pretty definitively 'within'

but user Gate of Magus is literally the song of Evil!Sanger

I know man, I was asking if we had someone it could be fittingly applied to. Basically a continuation of 'who would get this?'

>The whole point of sorcerers is that magic is in their blood. That's pretty definitively 'within'
They have an inate understanding of how to work magic. It's like a bird knowing how to build a nest. They can work the materials but they can't produce it by themselves.

I mean Tyran?

>Want to hype myself up to build on Onryou since i've been focusing on Amalthea too much.

>Friend gifts me Jade Empire for PC

DESTINY!!

Eye am back with first draft on bunnygirl race, henceforth known as Inabin (singular and plural). This is just the basic "tewi" race, and the "veira" race will be a separate offshoot with different bonuses and racial stats. I'm just going to drop the stats currently and get some feedback on that, and not get into writing fluff yet.

Humanoid (Inabin)
Size: Medium
Base Speed: 30ft (normal)
Ability score modifiers: +2dex, +2cha, -2wis
Languages: Standard (common, selection of seven others).
Senses (1rp): Low light vision.
Defenses (4rp): Lucky (greater) - A +2 racial bonus on all saves.

Misc (2rp): Jumper - Inabin are always considered to have a running start when making acrobatics checks for purposes of jumping

Skill bonuses (4rp): +2 bluff, +2 perception, bluff and perception are always considered class skills.

Total racepoint value: 11 RP

I debated giving them a 1d3 bite attack as well to represent their buck-y teeth. I'm not entirely certain with what I want to do with the Viera inspired race, but they'll probably lose the luck bonus to saves and the bonus to bluff checks, in favor of getting some more magical abilities as they're closer to fey creatures.

Also, I think he's less Evil and just turbolawful. He's not vindictive or nothin', he just works for who he works for. He helps out a few times, if I recall.

I mean he's literally shadow-mirror, shadow mirror isn't actually that evil

Nice blog

Perception bonuses are from their ears, large eyes and sniffy noses. Bluff bonuses are from their reputation of being pranksters and occasionally liars (though often not malicious ones).

They tend to drift towards being rogues, bards or even paladins on occasion. They also do cleric-y stuff, but they're not typically great at it - they do like the community domain though.

Aww, that's no fun. The heck's that magic come from then?

And to be fair, that is more setting-dependant. Stuff like clerics are directly 'from somewhere else'

Please like and subscribe! ; 3