>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (KISS THE CLOWNS, MAKE THEM HONK):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Can someone explain to me why my BS7 Archon NEVER EVER FUCKING HITS ANYTHING WITH HIS GUN!?

Confirmation bias.

Reposting because the last thing the general needs is more CSM players that get hype, build a shit list, and turn into bitter grognards like me.

Taking Daemonic Possession on Rhinos is retarded, especially if you aren't going full retard and putting Havoc Launchers on them. Daemonic Possession fails to keep you moving 16.67% of the time, and eats one of your 30 point Possessed 16.67% of the time. Extra Armor always keeps your battle wagon rolling forwards, never eats your dudes, and is cheaper to boot.

Dozer Blades are an unnecessary luxury. Your dudes are going to be hopping out turn 1 most of the time anyways.

Try to work in some Sorcerers. They add extra punch to the Cultists squads, and Shrouding or Invisibility turns Cultists from expendable bullet catchers into really hard to kill expendable bullet catchers.

It's a 2000 point list containing the two best FMC's in the game. Of course it's viable. Is this a meme?

Drop both Exalted's down to regular Sorcerers. Exalted is only worth it if you're building a melee beatstick to accompany some Spawn or flying Scarab Occult. The Silver Tower blast isn't worth 60 points.

Get the Rubrics a Rhino. Keeps them alive a little longer, might help them get into a better position.

Deep striking the Terminators is an awful idea. You don't have enough boots on the ground as is, you can't afford to keep half your infantry in reserves. Especially not when you have no way to reroll the reserves roll or mitigate scatter. Heavy Warpflamer isn't worth it. Grab the Hellfyre for hunting tanks.

You need more bodies. Tzaangor Warherd works, or ally in some daemons, or ally in some other CSM, or ally in some Renegades and Heretics.

Unified AdMech book when?

Getting real fucking tired of having to build around not being able to take allies because I have to blow my allies slot on being able to field half my army.

I've played Dark Eldar for five games now and he's only ever hit once (It was on Overwatch). I know he made at least one shooting attack in each game, more in some, and every single one of them missed.

Too small of a sample size. Come back with a statistically relevant pool, please.

I know mine's a shit. People won't stop telling me Possessed are shit.

Figured I'd double down on Possession and have Possessed riding around in Possessed.

Modeled my Rhinos with Spawn parts sticking out the hatch and shit already.

dark eldar follow trends. Like when all the cool dark eldar disfigured their faces because they "thought" it was cool. So obvious your archon is a trend setter and soon your entire army will miss every shot they can

Do the legion rules apply to chaos cultists too? Would they get the combat drugs in an EC force?

If something completely failed to fulfill it's function for five games would you keep bringing it? I'm just going to give him a sword and fuck everything.

You're not meant to use all of your slaves for rape and gladiators, you have to set aside some as blood sacrifices to the dice gods.

the idea of an ec marine wasting drugs on the human garbage that follows him around seems wrong

Nah, they need VotLW to get the effects.

Why didn't Magnus just fly to terra to turn himself in, if he was resigned to accepting his punishment anyhow?

Can someone suggest what app is needed to make use of Planetary Onslaught in the trove please. Is like to view it but it won't work in Moon+ Reader (android) iBooks (iPad) and it's too big for Play Books :( it's really kind and nice for it to be available, but I can't use it!

Sometimes they have to give up their drugs and let the filthy cultists use them. Usually that happens when everyone on deck needs to be in tip-top shape.
We don't know.

Is my theme good?
I swear i've seen it somewhere before

I think my fluff is cool than the theme/list

That's no fun.

>Have a Vanquisher tank I never use because lol BS3.
>Have a recent 2v2 game with friends
>IG bro asks if he can use it because he likes the look of it
>"Yeah, sure. I won't be using it."
>Over the course of the game, knocks 3HP off all my russ and hits and destroys a heldrakes baleflamer
>Eventually goes down to my melta vets brigade
>Underperforms every time I try to get it to match the performance it had when IG bro used it

The cultists get the drugs which aren't Astartes-grade horse tranquillisers.

>EC
>using tranquilisers

Aren't they more of a stimulant crowd?

>Why didn't Magnus just fly to terra to turn himself in
He didnt want to tell the Sons how badly he'd cocked up. He also didnt know what the Emperor punishment was going to be so he waited to see. He just couldtn stomach it in the end.

It's kinda like how people drop red bull into alcohol to fuck themselves up harder. Sure, the effects are contradictory taken seperately, but mix doses and weird shit happens.

Heretek, you can have as many alies as you want in 7th.

You can take any amount of detachments that fit into your points limit.

Take 5 Ally detachments, 5 CADs, 2 Decurions, whatever.

...seriously?

God DAMMIT. Serves me right for assuming the Allies rules hadn't changed since I last read them.

Gonna get some Iron Hands up in here.

Has WoM been out long enough for people to want to talk about the fluff yet? Because there's some interesting shit in there underneath the terrible plot and writting.

Possessed are shit, but they're stylish and thematic. Hell, on the off chance they make it into melee, the formation might actually let them do something worthwhile.

Daemonic Possession for vehicles, though? It's just awful. Just say the daemon bits are representations of the extra armor. Nobody is going to get confused and butthurt that your Rhinos aren't actually Possessed, and you only need to free up 25 points to replace the Forcefield with a Cyclopia Cabal with Familiars. They can do anything you want the Forcefield to do, but better.

We've already seen and been disgusted by the Rubric retcons.

I'm assuming you mean Forgefiend? I need three to get that formation, and it makes up the third.

And WB don't get access to the Cyclopic Cabal, can I take it as a seperate, stand alone formation?

The Scarab Occult make no sense true and I really hope they fix this soon but I was more talking about the things that arent shit though.

Ahriman for example got this because of his new book
>Ahriman can navigate long-lost sections of the webway, that labyrinth dimension that lies between reality and the Warp. Many of the portals he can now reopen are situated on worlds settled by the Imperium, and amongst these are ancient cairn-gateways that lead onto the death world of Fenris. With this knowledge, Ahriman has made himself vital to Magnus’ plans once more – and vice versa. With Magnus the Red in Ahriman’s debt, the Arch-Sorcerer would likely be able to invade the Black Library in earnest in search of the arcane cure he desires.

I know it wont be touched on but the TS could literally walk back to Fenris through the webway whenever they wanted. The SW just left it again barely defended.

It also means they he has the support of Magnus invading the Black Library. So no longer will it be him and some scraps invading during the 13th BC but a full force most likely.

Isn't there some other 'Fiend formation that's only two+the Smith? What are the benefits for yours currently?

Yes, you can take it stand-alone, it is BL only but there's precendence in Reynolds Word Bearers trilogy for Black Legion Sorcs and Word Bearers working together . Alternately, you could throw the Maulers in a CAD with some more Cultists and take a pair of Sorcs as HQ.

The fuck do you want from the scarab occult, a brotherhood level 3 or some shit?

Anyhow this is hardly the first fuckup of this kind with new units: See Electropriests being infantry instead of independent characters.

>Red and gold necron.

This is an idea I approve of. Far more original than my colour scheme.

>HURR DURR
You actually an idiot. I'm not gonna tell you what you did wrong Im gonna wait and see if you can figure it out.

Why would electropriests be independence characters?

Talking about the fluff, numbnuts. They made a pretty retarded recon in regards to how the Rubric functioned with WoM.

As far as rules go, Scarab Occult need access to weapons that let them go after things other than MEQ's standing in the open. Their Sorcerer needs access to the Spell Familiar and to not lose two spells to Change (this is true of all TS psykers).

Because they would work better that way?

>Talking about the fluff, numbnuts

The fluff where only a sergeant is a Psyker now?

>implying they wouldn't hose them down with a snow blower filled with space cocaine just to see what happens

>The Rubric of Ahriman, the ritual he and his fellow Sorcerers used to ensure their brothers would no longer mutate, turned all but the most powerful of their number to unliving dust. The Rubricae were born, free of mutation but cursed as soulless automatons forever.

>The Scarab Occult Terminators were once the finest psykers in the Thousand Sons Legion and bodyguards to Magnus the Red himself. Reduced to dust along with their brethren, they now possess only an echo of their once-vaunted intellect.

These are both from the new book. Can you see how they clash?

They're actaully copper and red, but you've reminded me of what they look like

I've made Tony Stark Necrons

So they can sit in units that shouldn't be in melee, and choose either one decent melee model in a 10 man shooting unit, or one model that can't shoot in a ranged unit? Or be outpaced if you put them in the AdMech's actual melee units?

Do Ultron Overlord.

Yes. I'm asking what you wanted from them to represent that.

For them not to be Dustbins.

For them to be flesh and blood in there.

That's it.

Finest psyker =! Powerful
They may have been intelligent or skilled in the psychic arts, but if they're not made of stern enough stuff to withstand the Rubric they'd poof regardless.

You're this guy aren't you?

>These are both from the new book. Can you see how they clash?

Finest =/= powerful. You can be a fine weakling and you can be a powerful retard. It's all about the application of power.

Anyways, the Scarab Occult Rubs don't fight like other Rubs. They don't fight like undead machines, they fight with the skill of living with finesse and skill.

R U L E S W I S E

That's their problem. How are you meant to represent the scarab occult in rules if they're all level 3 Psyker fucks?

>turned all but the most powerful of their number to unliving dust.

>The Scarab Occult Terminators were once the finest psykers in the Thousand Sons Legion and bodyguards to Magnus the Red himself.

If they weren't powerful, they wouldn't be called the finest psykers and they certainly wouldn't be the bodyguard of Magnus himself.

Khayon, Amon, and Ahriman were the most powerful sorcs that the TS had but they didn't guard Magnus.

ML2, BoP.

They were the most powerful though. That was the lore.
>The Sekhmet were all veteran members of the Scarab Occult of the XV Legion's elite 1st Fellowship, under the command of Captain Ahzek Ahriman, who was also the Magister Templi of the Legion's Corvidae Cult. These proud and extremely devoted warriors were both combat Veterans and highly-ranked members of the psychic Cult system of the Thousand Sons. The Sekhmet were powerful warrior-mages, and could call forth powers mortal men could never dream of wielding.

>They don't fight like undead machines, they fight with the skill of living with finesse and skill.
And how does this make any sense either mate?

Since it has not really been updated, anyone got the last two Beast books to share?

Because they had different jobs. They were above that position. You can bet if they were lower in rank, that's where they'd be.

That would have been sweet.

Maybe the Scarabs were the best psykers they had -not qualified to outright join the librarian cults like the Corvidae and so on-.

Normal Tsons woulda been crappy brotherhood 1 scrubs like the Grey Knights, Scarabs brotherhood 2.

Maybe something like a renegade Cryptek, or a Magos of the Mechanicum

My Fluff is a lot more...speedy

The fuck is your fluff, user? Tell us a story.

>The Sekhmet were powerful warrior-mages
>warrior mages

So they compromised their psychic power to pursue martial power. This might have been what screwed them. If they went full Sorc like Ahriman, then they would have survived.

>And how does this make any sense either mate?

The same way Necron warriors are shambling undead while the Immortals are the warrior elite who possess martial and tactical skill.

Does the Sicaran use the Land Raider chassis? It looks longer from the front.

Would it be as big of a deal if I gave a Landy the Sicaran weapons and ran it as one?

the business of hedonism done right isn't all fun and games, user.

Wait, if Ahriman was captain of the Scarab Occult, why doesn't he have terminator armour in either incarnation?

Hell, why do exalted sorcerers in general have no terminator armour option?

Can't float around on magic farts in Termie armour.

Tzeentch raises a good point.

Brotherhood of Sorcerers? The rule literally intended to simulate groups of Psykers working together? Ringing any bells?

>If they went full Sorc like Ahriman
Ahriman was one of the few TS who believed in doing things without the use of sorcery/magic.

>The same way Necron warriors
Not equivalent at all. Necron warriors bodies werent good enough, whereas these people wee effected by the same spell. It just works differently because reasons

Like said, they should be alive, not dusty and be ML2, BoP.

Yeah, but that rule is for crappy scrub psykers like grey knight troops. The kinda guy who can't get anything done unless he's working in a choir.

Okay take your average Joe space marine chapter, and assume they, for a century or so, don't face an apocalpytic battle for the fate of their home world which leaves them on the edge of annihilation. Just standard missions. Some are easy shit for a bunch of marines, some take a harsh toll on the company sent to handle shit.

Anyhow, what's their average yearly death toll likely to look like for that century?

Here's a short blurb - have no idea if it's good
>The Deshrethu Dynasty was never known for it's martial prowess or it's great cultural works during the height of the Silent King's rule. They were not even truly disciplned warriors - they were gladiators and entertainers. Though the mortal races would not have known it though.
>One of the more recent conflicts since their reawakenening were between the White Scar chapter over the core planet of the Veriss system on the southern edge of their Empire.
>So much did the Destroyer Lord Khaeset felt a kinship within his necrodemis of the White Scars that hostilities immediately stopped and instead there was a parley. He offered the White Scars a simple offer - If their commander could defeat him in a race between the world's tomb and the Astartes' base then they would leave the world to the humans.
>But he had the SIlent King's favour, and had not lost a race yet.

Noob here. Trying to figure out my first army.

This is what I'm planning to build/run starting off, mainly based off what's in the battleforce and getting started sets, plus some troops. Please let me know if my list is decent or shit.

Anyways:

Tech Priest, Eradication Array, Conversion Field, Mask of Alpha Dominus

3x (x2) Kataphrons w/ grav cannons

2x Kastelans, TL phospor, carapace phosphor

Skitarri allied detachment

10x (x2) Vanguards, Arc Rifles, Omnispex, Pater Radium

Infiltrators, taser goads, Omniscient Mask

Dragoon

Dunecrawler, cognis manipulator.

Comes out to 1500+5 points.

Anything I should change before I drop money on this?

>Destroyer Lord Khaeset felt a kinship

Nice lorerape there.

>some take a harsh toll on the company sent to handle shit.
Didnt you just answer your own question?

There's no reason they couldn't have been ML3 or even 4 and had some special rule that lets them generate extra Warp Charge for each dude.

Always take the Volkite Blaster on the Dominus. It's objectively better than the Eradication Ray.

Kataphrons seem fine.

Matter of opinion for the Kastelan carapace weapon, really.

Vanguards seem fine.

Infiltrators, that's their best loadout. Good job knowing to take the Mask on them.

Dragoon is a dragoon.

Dunecrawler should have the Neutron Laser as it's main gun. Since it's solo, you done the right thing giving it the manipulator.

It's a decent list, contains plenty of good stuff. Well done, user.

Not even their conversion was taken seriously
I arguably based the Dest Lord on one of my favourite characters in JJBA

I can't wait to model my Magnus with bare chest and abs. Keep him in DS and make Ahriman summon him as his Stand.

>AWAKEN, MY RUBRICS

Matt?

Does anyone else always forget that Kastelan robots have Feel No Pain? I always do, then they die to lightning claw termies, I remember 5 mins after game end and feel like an idiot.

Ever since Necrons got Tomb Kinged and my old totally-not-silver-tide-list, i've decided fuck it

Do Craftworlds and Deldar allies cancel each other out to make an average army or would it still be cancer?

Doesn't everyone in the entire army have feel no pain? How could you forget?

>lightning claw termies
Dont they also have a 2+ save?

I'm looking for a numerical estimate, so no.

What listbuilder is everyone using that puts images of the units on the chart?

Probably becauses Kataphrons dont, so I tend to assume that they dont as well since it's a Protocol not a specific rule in their unit entry.

3+, and their invuln doesnt work in CC.

I run a dual destroyer cult, and decided that my two lords were husband and wife in the time of flesh.

Well i posted my "lore raping" Necrons who love to go fast and fight in arenas, at least when they were flesh.
What fluff have you anons made for your lists?

That's meaningless because the Destroyers minds are empty of anything except boundless life hating nihilism and how to forward their campaigns of extermination. Them being waifu and husbandu wouldn't register in their minds. It wouldn't matter. Only death and ash must be and always be.

Why aren't literal robots fearless?

Maybe the wife is just being supportive of her husband's career, did you think of that?

They aren't "literal robots".

You should have chosen a Cryptek or a normal Necron Lord. A ctyptek might be interested in the science of going fast. A Necron Lord might might be interested in racing since he was a chariot racer in life.

Destroyer Lords have lost their "humanity" and replaced with cold logic and hatred of all life. They know no honour or restraint. They will not stop their genocidal sprees until they are destroyed.

Why aren't Necrons fearless?

Th-thanks user, I'll take your advice and switch out those two weapons.

Praise the Omnissiah

>literal robots

But user, they're not, that's their whole point.

Why aren't lobotomized cyborgs that are literal mindless automatons fearless?