kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/MP38zaMY
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Phineas_Mason_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>BBEG reveals their true power
>It's yet another "Jumper wins because they're a blatant Mary Sue" episode

Jumpers! what monsters have you hunted?
whats the biggest and most powerful monster you have ever slain?

Alright, break time is over. Getting back to work on Metroid. My goal is to have it done by Christmas. Consider it my gift to /jc/.

Expect WIP postings soon.

Hey, I'm not a Mary Sue. I paid for my power with cold, hard CP.

Cool beans.

>CP
>Currency that your benefactor then gives to you to spend at a vending machine that they also own?

thejoke.jpg

Jumpers, a cosmic charity case? Or something far more sinister?

More news at 10, back to you Tom.

Wait, how does Hero BBS work after the jump? The advice thing I understand, but can I still give advice to newbie Active Heros post-jump?

Is there anything that'll let me give people access to the BBS?

>can I still give advice to newbie Active Heros post-jump?
Who knows? The interdimensional, post-jump time-stop stuff is wonky as it is. Maybe you give advice to heroes in worlds that aren't frozen? Do whatever you want, I don't see how giving advice to people you're incapable of directly interacting with could benefit you.

>Is there anything that'll let me give people access to the BBS?
I didn't see anything in the jump that'll let you do that, no. Expanding the Hero Union across the multiverse seems like a good project post-spark, however.

>can I still give advice to newbie Active Heros post-jump?
I would assume so, yes. That's part of the shtick of the jump, after all.

>spoiler
Not that I'm aware of. It's not a BBS in the traditional sense, so you can't access it via computer or what have you. It's a link that's given to you, that you can access psychically. The admins control who is granted access, people can even fuck with your username, and accounts get mucked up from time to time. There was a hero that got sucked into an 8-bit world, and everyone had scripted dialogue, and only scripted dialogue, so he couldn't talk to anyone. Add to that, he could only read the BBS and not post to it. So he had a rough run.

Have you read the magna? It's relatively short and the chapters make reading it in chunks really viable, as each chapter is a new hero.

Has there been any news on the Blade And Soul Jump?

What happens if you have JITTAGALL from Redwall but you're actually evil?

So, Jumpers. How do you plan on dealing with the Exurgent Virus and its many unpleasant children?
Alternatively, how will you deal with people thinking you are a new strain of it?

I know you're capable, no question there. I'm just curious as to the details.

I would assume it just makes horrible people view you as a living embodiment of dickery (Who smells like Lilacs), and good people have a harder time attacking you.

Fire. If it doesnt work I'm just not burning hot enough.

Counter-Exsurgent. I'm going to spread probes throughout the universe with bait for seed AIs, but that contain a virus that converts them into defenders of lower sapient life and opponents of the ETI. For those Exsurgents that have already been infected, magic. Got no frame of reference for that, they can't adapt.

The same way i deal with TITANS thinking they have me cornered. I steal a piece of them, take them apart piece by piece while whatever ego controlling them watches helplessly, catalogue them, then incinerate everything with temperatures that make the center of the sun seem cold.

A good merchant figures out the products of his competitors, and how to deal with them.

Would it be possible to encounter the Draenei in both Warcraft and WoW or were the spess gowts WoW exclusive?

Is anyone else getting weird connection errors when you try to post or move from thread to thread?

If you can get to Outland in Warcraft 3, you can find the goats.

...Crap.

Anyways I accidentally posted the FE6-7 jump to it's own thread (Somehow, could have sworn I was posting it here). Please reply to this post in the Jumpchain Thread with your criticisms/comments/

I'm planning on making a god-themed chain shortly. Any particular jumps that I should look out for? I already have Danmachi, Lord of Light, Percy Jackson, Fate, (possibly) Panty and Stocking, Okami, Supernatural, and God of War for Divinity, but only Innistrad for things that actually let me be a God to my people. Any advice? I remember there being a jump that let you build a heaven of your own.

Smite?

So, so many. I fought a good chunk of legendary Pokemon in PMD, hunted werewolves and vampires in Van Helsing, and killed scores of demons, giants, undead, and other monsters between Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, and Hero BBS.

The biggest monster I've slain would probably be the sea serpent we killed in Sword and Sorcery, but the most powerful would be my Demon Lord from Hero BBS. He was the standard "Prince of Darkness" archtype, and focused on minions more than personal power, but he still packed a hell of a wallop. I feel like the Smelter Demon is a worth mentioning; I helped the DS2 protagonist kill it with Lucatiel and it's one of my go-to summons with Samurai Jack's Summoning.

>I'm planning on making a god-themed chain shortly.

So, an average Chain?

Actraiser, Populous, Asura's Wrath

Huh, don't know how I missed that one. Thank you.
Thanks you as well good sir and/or madam.

>Jumpers! what monsters have you hunted?
Hundreds just like any jumper who went to toriko

whats the biggest and most powerful monster you have ever slain?

going by my definition if you're counting true forms and not the diminished aspect that I actually fought darkseid for both,if you're counting size when I fought them the brethren moons for biggest darkseid for most powerful

I'd probably delete that thread and post it here if I were you. More than one /jc/ related thread at a time is a good way of getting us banned.

If Tera trying to role play a jumper in other threads isn't enough to get us banned, nothing is.

supernatural and kung fury have god options that everyone seems to overlook

That was a thing to behold.

Wasn't that some sort of meta Veeky Forums thread?

Either way it was very embarrassing.

Already had Supernatural, but Kung Fury is nice. Thanks bancho.

They actually killed those old Parliament threads because Tera kept trying to force his way into them and being obnoxious.

Just stopped making them so he'd stop fucking showing up.

Really?
Congrats Tera. You've done something that not even Team Shitposter was able to do: kill a thread.

>burning the house down to keep Tera at bay
You can't make that shit up.

Anyone remember the average rate of growth for fluffy tails? It's ~100 years/tail, as I remember it but I can't find a citation or anything anywhere.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd rather have ten enhance/d/ posters over one Tera.

Jumpers really do ruin everything.

Avengers Earth's mightiest heroes and Marvel cinematic both let you be A Norse God.

warframe has Inaros who is worshiped as a God by a few despite just being a sufficiently advanced ninja drone.

Transformers lets you become robot Jesus.
Avatar: The Last Airbender has the avatar cycle which lets you become magic kung fu Jesus.

you can become Jesus to a bunch of scavengers in Light of Terra.

are you sure because I only showed up to those things once and everyone put me on the block list so I don't see how that would happen.

Then explain why you kept pushing yourself back into those threads.

Time. After time. I've got archives I can GLADLY go digging through.

I only remember doing it once. If I didn't more than once. I'm sorry for misremembering

I'd like to see it. What even were these threads?

Air Gear when

From my understanding, the Marvel Norse gods are just sufficiently advanced aliens, so not sure on that front.

On the Warframe stuff, not really looking at fake god stuff, but things that specifically give actual divinity, whatever that is. Stuff like Percy Jackson, and Danmachi.

Transformers is again just tech, not divinity. I take it as being AKIN to Jesus, and not actually being divine.

Avatar just has reincarnation from what I remember, and that's mostly useless in JumpChain proper.

Light of Terra isn't really what I'm looking for, if I remember the stuff correctly.

Thanks for the effort though dude. Appreciate it.

>From my understanding, the Marvel Norse gods are just sufficiently advanced aliens, so not sure on that front.
Only in MCU. All the others are legit gods.

They were a somewhat badly-put-together set of roleplay threads based around the kind of parliamentary shenanigans you see in British comedy. Ran into a lot of issues due to not enough setting fluff, people not knowing what the fuck they were doing, and in general it just never got a conclusive ending. Not enough posters ever showed up to officially hold votings.

Well, in mainline 616 the Norse gods are both gods AND sufficiently advanced aliens. Jack Kirby really liked the idea of space gods.

It could be an incomplete list but here's what I got:

Asura's Wrath, Lord of Light, Populous, Ragnarok Online, Okami, Percy Jackson, Bomberman, Primal Rage, Girl-chan in Paradise, Supernatural, Mushoku Tensei, Warriors Orochi, Fate/Extra, God of War, Xena/Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Kung Fury, SBURB, 'Is It Wrong To Try And Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?', Exalted: Dragonblooded, and Smite.

Each of those have options where you can become a god, are related to a god (which confers some kind of divinity), or given powers/connections where it synergizes with the desire to be a god (like gaining power from prayer, for starters).

Hope this helps.

>From my understanding, the Marvel Norse gods are just sufficiently advanced aliens, so not sure on that front.
In comics they're out and out gods. Thor can hear prayers and answer them to a degree. Animated stuff is a bit more wishy washy, but they're closer to gods than super aliums.

That... sounds incredibly niche. Like, Jumpchain is mainstream compared to that.

And Tera tried RPing as a jumper in this?

Imawabi no Dakini has some divine themes to it.

Yes.

It went about as well as you can expect.

>Mushoku Tensei
Isn't that just calling yourself a god because you're really good at swordfighting or magic?

No, there's an option where you actually take a shard of the demon god into you.

>600 Demon Seed: Your soul carries within it a discarded spiritual fragment of the Demon God Laplace. This means two things, firstly, you have a genius’ talent at the arcane arts, and secondly, that you possess a pool of mana that rivals the Demon God himself.

I know it's reaching, but every little bit counts.

Huh, I stand corrected.
Thank you kindly, oh supreme god jumper.
I'll check it out. Thanks man.

Who are the companions in Gravity Rush?

>Demon Seed
That either sounds like a Rob Zombie song, or a lewd AMV set to Rob Zombie.

What are some jumps with undead, of any variety, and what are some of their powers/advantages?

im thinking of an undead chain.

JLD lets you be 3 different flavors of undead at once. Spoopy Ghost Frankenstein a go.

I dunno if you realize it or not but all I use is a slightly modified default template from Microsoft Word. It's honestly pretty easy to just grab a template online and use it for formatting, we used to do it all the time for large engineering reports and technical use manuals.

Variants of key characters from the first game.

The zombies from Highschool of the Dead are nothing special in and of themselves, but the origin has some good perks.

Wait, the entire perkline is noncanon wank? Jeez, could we talk about nerfing it, or replacing the jump if the maker isn't around?

And now it's just too fucking obvious.

Has anyone done a Dog Days Jump? I want my harem of cute animal girls.

Soooo...here's my capstone ideas for the Samus origin.

1. Organizations and physical structures you beat up the individual in charge of tend to collapse or at least suffer a huge amount of damage.

2. Your body is amazingly receptive to genetic modification, and you will always retain the physical appearance of either a human or what you consider your 'default' appearance if you so wish.

How's this sounding? Also, I'm taking suggestions for a 400 while I'm trying to remember what my original idea was.

Not that I know of. Perhaps you'd consider making one if the setting isn't to lewd?

Looks good to me. As for a 400cp perk, maybe something like being a lot harder to kill, considering all the shit Samus gets put through?

I like it.

Checked 4plebs, might have missed something, forgive me if this is already in or redundant: maybe something for navigation/exploration? I imagine Samus would've done a fair bit better than the average- or even the above average- Metroid player and while this isn't a game I can't imagine spelunking through Zebes being any easier when it's a real place.

It could really go either way.

(Teen Titans) #136
-Species: Human (Free) -It is what it is.
-Background: Nerd (900CP) -I may as well!
-Peak Human Condition (700CP) -Just optimize myself all around.
-Engineering (Free) -And now we're talking.
-Bioengineering (600CP) (Discount) -MORE STUFF!
-Genius (300CP) (Discount) -Additional brains is never a bad thing.
-Costume (Free) -Eh, I'll figure something out.
-Theme Song (Free) -Damn, I got a ton of these.
-Library (0CP) -Always have the sources of information when I can. Always.
Dice Rolls: Jump City, 15 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

So... this is probably going to be a setting where the Titans really, really do not like me. Like, at all. Why? Because I'm going to open up an underground Body Shop.

Don't like how you look? Pay to get a new look! Want to carve your flesh away to gain cybernetic benefits? Not sure why you'd throw away limbs but whatever rocks your boat, buddy. Need your gear looked over and repaired? Just drop on by and I'll fix you right up. I don't discriminate, I don't tell. Come by with payment and you'll leave quite content.

It probably won't take long for the Titans to realize who's doing this shit. Even worse once enchantments and gear for spellcasters starts coming out. But until then I'm just going to do everything I can to make sure people are happy and equipped!

Could I learn magic in comics Marvel from Doom or Strange, then use I Cheat or Conjoined Conjures to change the power source to some other type of magic so I can keep using it in future jumps?

Rolled 3 (1d5)

20. Terminator
The First Terminator
Drop In
Age 21
Smash Those Metal Motherfuckers
No Fate But What We Make (600)
Cyberdyne Systems, Model 101 (200)
Damaged Microchip (-600)
Drawbacks: Urinal Terminator, I Could Make A Career Out of This Guy!, Wash Day Tomorrow?, Why? (0)

What's notable about the start of this Jump- other than me showing up naked- is that my Terminator companion actually showed up soon after I got there, and I didn't have to go hunt him down or randomly stumble across him. Of course, he showed up naked, too- which made it really awkward when a minute or two after he arrived, the cops showed up and arrested us. I told them that I was an interdimensional traveler, and that the guy I was arrested with was a killer robot from the future, and that I was friends with a snake, a samurai, a werewolf, an amazon, and a flower.

After spending the night in the drunk tank, I was able to convince the police to let us go. We baited out the T1000 and basically did pic related to it; it was a complete massacre. Afterwards, we did the same thing to the T800 sent to kill Sarah Conner. At this point, we basically just sabatoged the efforts to create Skynet, which was pretty easy to do at this point.

1. Rust
2. Ravenloft
3. Megaman Classic
4. Slime Rancher
5. Dragon's Crown

Why not just go to Marvel King Arthur and learn from Morgan le Fay? That's who taught Doom.

Something about destroying their home base by killing the leader/most important person. Planets tend to explode after the final boss after all.

I think Marvel magic is probably banned.

Jump 215: Naruto
>Eight of Swords (Interference), reversed: Learning a valuable lesson from the unexpected consequences of prior decisions. Narrowly escaping criticism, censure, and the imposition of external restrictions. Focusing on the crux of a problem and freeing oneself from a difficult situation.
>Age: 12
>Location:
>Identity: Orphan (-100)
I can only hope that someday people will decide not to charge for every background beside drop-in. Someday.
>Drawbacks: Stuffed (0), There's How Many Movies? (0), Boruto! (0), Hated: Ame, Iwa, Kiri (+200), Dysfunction Junction (+200), Low Priority (+200), The Chosen One (+300), MC-Kun (+500) [Total: +1400]
Filler is good, and it keeps things from being TOO boring between missions. And as far as movies... yeah, I'm okay with those. Even Boruto. There's a lot more I can learn in forty years as opposed to ten.

As far as other things... well, rumors of a Senju bastard would grind Iwa's gears, because 'hey, if we could use him or his bloodline somehow, those Konoha bastards would have their own legacy turned against them or at least get the embarassment rubbed in their faces'. Ame, though? That's more of a 'we could use him because PLOT'. I suppose I can deal with it. Kiri... well, I am kind of funding a guerilla missing-nin resistance, and honestly they deserve it.

MC-Kun's a thing, and Sakura will just have to go on a different team. She can still pine for Sasuke-kun, but maybe having to deal with reality and getting her fanboy crush refined to affection by time and distance would help.

Low Priority? Obvious, because I'm a student of Kakashi. Dysfunction Junction because... I mean, come on, it's Naruto and Sasuke, they're both messed up.

I can't see why not. Hell learning that magic there and continuing to be able to use it without any extra perks is largely down to how you think the chain works. "Magic learned in one setting just keeps working in others" is not an uncommon sentiment.

And The Chosen One? Acceptable; unless it's part of the assigned mission, necessary as an absolute last resort, or someone who is a very special kind of stupid, I will not kill. To be completely honest, killing everything is easy mode anyway.

The main thing I like is that I CAN work toward the goal of rectifying the situations set up by the drawbacks, rather than being permanent conditions. Aside from MC-Kun, anyway.
>Bloodline: Senju (2000, Orphan)
>Bloodline: Uzumaki (1800, Orphan)
We are not going to discuss how the bastard child of a Senju and an Uzumaki could come to be. We are very very much not going to discuss it, ever, and we are going to put him in an orphanage under a different name before burning the paperwork.
>Bloodline Limit: Wood Release (1600, Senju)
Somehow unsurprising for someone with such ancestry, no matter how buried.
>Bloodline Limit: Storm Release (1400)
>Fine Control (1200)
If I'm to stay competitive with the direction this is going, I'm going to need to be able to use every last bit of chakra efficiently.
>You Have Reserves (1100)
And I'm going to need to have enough to draw on to make it work, too. Of course, I effectively have this twice, from having Uzumaki and Senju bloodlines.
>Elemental Affinity: Water (0, first one's free)
>Elemental Affinity: Earth (1000)
>Elemental Affinity: Lightning (800)
A necessary pairing if I'm to have wood release. Which, incidentally, is useful when you're on a team that may contain a less-than-stable jinchuuriki. Storm release is just fun, thought my eyes might be blinded by the flash of the neon light.

IIRC you can choose magic as your powersource in Marvel anyway. Learning more shouldn't be impossible.

>Genjutsu Specialization (0, first one's free)
Coupled with fine control, I should be quite skilled with genjutsu. Beside, Team 7 needs a genjutsu specialist. I believe that was what Sakura was originally supposed to do, though I may be wrong. Though unlike her I'm actually going to take this job seriously and study from people beside my teacher.
>Lesser Ninjutsu Specialization (0, Senju)
>Lesser Taijutsu Specialization (0, Senju)
>Lesser Bukijutsu Specialization (0, Senju)
Having Senju blood apparently means I'm omni-skilled. How convenient.
>Fuinjutsu Prodigy (500, Uzumaki)
Fuinjutsu. A fascinating art. I wonder what it would take to have Naruto let me examine his seal, as long as I promise not to alter it in any way? ...probably a hell of a lot considering Dysfunction Junction. Actually, considering fuinjutsu is the art of manipulating chakra, I wonder if I can make some sort of healing bandage?
>Genius of Hard Work (200, Orphan)
Again, an absolute must, if I'm to keep up with Naruto and Sasuke.
>Ninja Party (0)
Companions deserve the chance to believe it, too.

-----

Considering the build post is three posts long... obviously, I had to take someone's advice and put all the writing snippets into a pastebin, as much as I didn't want to.

Because if I hadn't, it would have ended up being roughly forty posts' worth of writing material.

pastebin.com/MP38zaMY

If I want to make 3rd circle hellstriders would the demon I cannibalized still take up a slot to the maximum amount of 3rd circle demons you can have at once since its still alive and such, just horribly mangled into a machine?

Why would the Titans care?

question for jumpers. do you have any especially touchy subjects that you get especially defensive or embarrassed over?
Doesn't need to be anything traumatizing, just some weird overreaction to something relatively trivial

For example, I grabbed some shapeshifting perks early on but after a few decades I developed this weird complex around using any form except my base bodymod. Even when people know about my jumper status, I go to stupid lengths to hide even minor physical changes as a result of abilities.

>Your body is amazingly receptive to genetic modification, and you will always retain the physical appearance of either a human or what you consider your 'default' appearance if you so wish.
I like it, but you might want to change it to something like “you only get the changes to your physical appearance that you desire to have”. Sometimes altering your appearance is half the point to genetic modification.

I'm going to spend the Nanoha jump making money to buy tech since I'm going to take a backseat to the plot. Any corporations I can invest stock in? Does Nanoha even have a stock market?

Because my store doesn't discriminate between friend or foe? If the Hive Five came in and was looking for a tech upgrade, as long as they could provide the cash I'd do the work. I'm like a younger, female version of the Tinkerer. marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Phineas_Mason_(Earth-616)

Question about the Fallen London jump: Unless I'm misinterpreting something the Glimshod Globe needs to be kept in the dark so whatever's inside doesn't hatch, but what is suppose to be inside?

Nanoha probably has a stock market. They're an inter-dimensional scifi society with a stable goverment.

I get to get very touchy and defensive about people bringing up my impractical outfits or my small stature sometimes, or my voracious appetite.

You can probably buy metals that are common on Earth and relatively rare elsewhere in the multi-verse and invest in successful 2000's Earth stocks to make a fortune.

Can I use some power combination involving Brains in Marvel to get super-intelligence on par with the smart guys of Marvel?

Fuinjutsu is literally putting stuff in other stuff. It is nothing beyond that.

Didn't somebody have a combination of perks that allowed them to absorb a dwarf god in WHF?

What where those perks?

>Glimshod Globe
Glim is either the Discarded carapace or leavings of a enormous species of beetle that dwells on the roof of the Neath,I was under the impression it was a Egg for that

Avatar Last Airbender's Avatar Cycle is useless. It requires you to die and end your chain.

Yes. You're right. It's definitely not got anything to do with putting cursed seals of heaven on people, or diamond tattoos on peoples' forehead, or any of the other stuff that it did in canon. Nope, it's just putting stuff in stuff.

yes, I'm not arguing that, they were asking about divinity stuff And it makes you magic kung fu Jesus.

It really kind of is. It's only useful if you lose or end it early and then only if you don't have real 1-Up perks.