Evil dm/gm thread

what is the worst thing you put your players through?
>players say they want super long dungeon
>give them pic related

>Not throwing your players into a 4 dimensional mega structure that's at least as large as a city
Come on user, are you even trying to be evil?

that's floor 1/3
here is floor 2

>only the first of three
Well, that's a little better. Though it would still be better if the dungeon was living and could re-arrange itself at will.

3/3
sadly not a living dungeon. but there are room sized mimics and portal doors

Can I keep these for myself in case my players get bitchy?

got a key, so we know what's in every room?

feel free to use these ill try to post the room keys but it may take a while fist floor is 999 rooms

JEEEESUS
Where the hell do the PCs even enter from?

the maze floor 1

>999 rooms
>not 999 hypercube dungeons

I've once used the Labyrinth Master board game as a dungeon. If they failed their knowledge (dungeoneering) check, the labyrinth would shift.

Is the key system specific, I may wanna convert this over to GURPS and run some kind of campaign in this dungeon alone.

3rd floor key

sweet baby jesus

>Go to a random dungeon generator
>Click "Biggest I can make"
>Post on Veeky Forums saying "Lol this is a dungeon im gunna run my players thru this is floor 1 lol there's all this stuff in it!'

Can someone tell me why anyone does this? Do you think people are impressed by a random generator picture that's too small to use, too shitty to be useful, and we're supposed to pretend to accept that you somehow created encounters for that piece of shit, and not just the random "Room 1020, 10x Orcs" that it comes with?

Why.

>Every room has a literal mountain of treasure

What is even the fucking point? Why even bother?

Also, like 70% of the rooms just have a bunch of Glabrezu in them.

You're literally just saying "I'm gonna throw random generator trash at them and pretend it's fun and challenging"

op here,
yes this dungeon was generated, you figured it out, do you want a fucking cookie.
I'm pretty sure everyone here already knew faggot.

You failed to answer the question of why you think this was a good, worthwhile, or funny thread to post, as it is none of these things and only makes you look like a fucking idiot.

this was supposed to be an evil dm/gm thread. that is currently off topic

Because you're a fucking retarded DM.

But yeah. Absolutely, go ahead and pretending using a random dungeon with 3000 Glabrezu for no reason is being "evil" and not just shitty and stupid.

I haven't done it yet, but I am toying with the idea of forcing my players to fight their own characters from another campaign to the death.

I've done this. That guy got massively butthurt and ragequit when the "creative" rules interpretations he abused in the previous campaign were turned against him.

Fucking neat and if you haven't done it already you should probably kill yourself

That sounds like some good ol' karmic justice

Our GM once ran us through a dungeon based on the movie "Cube".

A series of connected cells with six hatches, one each on the walls, floor and ceiling. Moving through the hatches moved you through space, but also time. We encountered trapped people, and then found the same people's corpses in the next room. One of the party found an ancient, rusted sword otherwise identical to his own, and then lost his sword trying to escape some eldritch horror three cells later.

Trying to chart our progress through the four dimensional labyrinth literally - no hyperbole or exaggeration - induced headaches in two members of our group.

It was the single worst game I ever played, and yet somehow I have to give the guy credit for fucking us up so hard.

"You jump into the unstable portal, you feel weird and nausea, like if something was out of place.
Now everyone pass your sheet to the player on your left, you all swapped bodies"
I throw this shit when I need more time to work on the campaign or when I need the players lo level up a bit

I'd love to play that kind of game.

For 10 minutes

We played it for over two hours.

It was gruelling. That's the only word I can think of to describe it.

Did you win?

Did your sanity snap? If so, at what time index? Did any sanity loss result in attempts to change the game to ERP?

Regardless of the outcome, everybody who was there that day lost.

Well goddamn ain't you a sourpuss

do you have some for floor 1 and 2 ? you would be my hero

Does anyone have floor key for 1 and 2??? pls

>players say they want super long dungeon
>give them Labyrinth of Madness

Oh shit son, you actually played the infamous Veeky Forums hypercube and lived to tell about it?

>floor 1 key

floor 1

You sir are a goddamn hero

>One of the party found an ancient, rusted sword otherwise identical to his own, and then lost his sword trying to escape some eldritch horror three cells later.

That sounds like a serious case of railroad. Well, either that or a slight one while your GM was playing quite fast and loose with the actual topography of the place, which would certainly make it a bloody pain in the ass to try and figure it out.

Jesus fuck. Yes, apparently I did.

Unbelievably, that game took place about two or three years before that post date. I pity whoever fell victim to that user's brainchild.

Like I said, no exaggeration, two of our players got serious headaches from trying to figure it out.

Serious case of railroad. That particular GM always had a penchant for railroading when he wanted a dramatic moment to play out, player freedom be damned. The topography of THE CUBE itself was meticulously consistent.

His railroading habits bit him in the ass in a later campaign, though, when he placed what he intended to be a recurring villain in front of a large stained glass window at the top of a tower. Said villain was bullrushed the fuck out of that window by one of the players the second we finished rolling initiative and fell hilariously to his death.

Here is something related to that post that someone else made, feel free to forward it to your companions

>make a dungeon in which parts of it move without you being aware of it happening.
>in order to be aware of the movement, you need an amulet hidden in the dungeon
>the walls cannot be stoneshaped away, wizards don't like druids fucking their shit up
>there are less keys than there are doors
>doors aren't mechanical locks

>the walls cannot be stoneshaped away, wizards don't like druids fucking their shit up
They can, they just have booby traps between each brick. For burrowing monsters and the like. Guess what happens if you expose a lot of them or try to move them.

Addendum from another party member: toward the end of it I very nearly had my character shoot himself in the head with a crossbow so I could escape the horror. I think the only thing that stopped me committing was the DM finally giving us a hint as to how he wanted it solved.

I don't think anyone forgot that you just plugged in 'maximum possible numbers' into Donjon's random dungeon generator, and outputted the results into 3 maps and 3 pdfs.

Posting congratulations to yourself for doing this doesn't suddenly make this an achievement.

shut the fuck up you monkey what are you the post quality police

What about floor 2? I really want to make a megadungeon for my 4th level party and I need all the "inspiration" I can get.

A sourpuss that's right though... Evil GM doesn't mean shit GM.

Pretty much, the Necromancer bbeg of the previous campaign who the first party failed to defeat raised them as part of the second party's final showdown. It actually worked pretty well.

evil/optimized DM put me and fellow players through this:

* City protected by fearsome dome forcefield in the middle of enemy territory, been up for 400 years with no way through. Shield is starting to crumble from what reports say, enemy will have all ancient magics and artfacts inside.

* Must reach dome city by getting there underground, must use Dwarves but dwarves are neutral and dont wanna get involved. Have to earn trust of dwarves just to get in their city, to talk to underground caravan master.

* Caravan passes through mind flayer city, everybody must have a dog tag otherwise they're considered property that can be claimed and sold.

* My character has a back story of being an escaped kobold slave. Super ninjas steal my dog tag and im captured and held for the warrant out for my return (as an escaped slave, which someone else bought the contract for). Same guy who runs the ninjas did this.

* Character is gone, the end. But I have a Follower, dude is badass minotaur, under advisement begin playing him even though he's 2 levels lower. Because we cant logically have another PC join the group where we are right now.

* Large creature moving through 5 ft wide tunnels is a pain in the ass, so other party members stuff me in a Portable Hole.

* Somehow game grinds to a halt with us only days away supposedly to get to the dome city, we just cant get in.

> No big monsters really, encounters were pretty nasty because of efficiently designed barbarians with their howling. I think the Dwarves told us to take a hike maybe thus leaving us in the underdark without a clue.

> Party is fucked in general because of being unable to meet global story demands.

No matter who wins make the player play the survivor from that battle.

storytime plz