GM introduces an NPC

>GM introduces an NPC
>Describes them as being fairly large and tough looking
>One player immediately says "you're a big guy"
>DM has NPC respond with "for you"
>The entire rest of the scene plays out in game
>DM then declares the past several minutes non canon and the encounter starts over
>I thank whatever god is watching that we get through the second take normally
>Until something vaguely meme related happens and it begins again

Save me from this hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9vUGYE7u2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why not carry on with the Baneposting in-character, rationalizing it as a cultural meme in the setting?

Sounds like a fun group to me.

Leaving is your only hope. People who hink repeating memes is funny never stop thinking it's funny.

would it be better or worse if every meme thing that happened remained canon?

>OP can't handle in-game memes

The use of memes in-game is a long and storied roleplaying tradition, as old as the hobby itself.

But Monty Python is actually funny.

For you.

Was shitposting part of your plan?

>English humor

I'll grant that British comedy isn't quite as hilarious as your sad existence, but it's still pretty good.

Samefag.
Also not an argument.

>Not secretly changing your game setting into pic related

Git gud, OP.

not him, but to be fair ">English humor" isn't either

>too retarded to look at the posters and replies count

You don't need to embarrass yourself any further user, just stop for your sake.

>WAAAAH MY GROUP IS MAKING JOOOOOOOKES

Lighten up.

People who think Monthy Python references are fresh and hilarious don't get to look down on baneposters.

Never said they were. Monty Python is just funnier than a forced meme from a terrible movie.

Calm down, hothead.

Because then user couldn't complain

>waaah my group is eating up entire sessions with jokes

Jokes are fine, and even good to keep the mood up. It's when jokes start taking over the entire game that it stops being okay.

I don't even have a problem with Baneposting itself. It's specifically playing out the same goddamn scene every week, every time someone encounters something bigger than them. Before this it was back and forth with Agent Smith from The Matrix that consumed games.

I would rather play in a Batman game that consists entirely of Baneposting than a standard fantasy that gets derailed into it constantly.

Baneposting is the worst goddamn thing to ever come out of Veeky Forums. Worse than Chris-chan stalking, worse than any meme 9gag or reddit ever stole and ran into the ground, worse than rageface or lolcats, worse than Habbo Hotel raids, worse than scientology protests. It is the lowest, dumbest, saddest, stupidest thing to ever come out of this god-forsaken site.

It also came out of the worst board on the site, /tv/, a haven for actual for-real pedophiles, footfags, and wannabe-cinephiles with the worst taste in movies since moving pictures were even a thing.

Nobody can seriously claim that baneposting is a problem when Monty Python and The Holy Grail has already been posted in this very thread.

Someone get this hothead out of here

Go to bed, kid. Monty Python quoting is a grand old nerd tradition, passed down from our elders. Baneposting is a dumb forced meme that's had its 15 minutes and worn out its welcome.

>Baneposting is the worst goddamn thing to ever come out of Veeky Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=F9vUGYE7u2s

You have a good GM who's patient enough to train your players how to not be faggots during the game.

You should realize how fortunate you are.