>The Black Library (BRING A CLOWN HOME WITH YOU):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

frontlinegaming.org/2016/12/03/traitor-legions-preview-part-1-of-2/
frontlinegaming.org/2016/12/04/traitor-legions-preview-part-2-of-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is already a general, user.

how to fix orks?

more important question, how to fix Heavy Bolters?

Pinning

Has anyone tried using the Secutari Hoplites in games? The minis are nice but their rules look kinda ass.

>Those tracer rounds
MUH DICC

Really, though, Heavy Bolters are pretty good for what they cost, they're just completely blown out of the fucking water by all this new shit that's cheap so you have to buy more models.

AP4 used to mean a lot more when 3+ was actually limited.
S5 meant a lot more when T4 was the biggest you'd likely see on most boards.
36" used to be a nice way to have a slightly longer ranged option, able to scythe down infantry, which is what it was made for.

Honestly, if it was down to something around 8 points instead of 10, it would be a nice change, but the core issue is that there are so many better options that are blasts, have longer range, high strength, and lower AP, on sturdier models.

Pray to the machine spirit, obviously.

>that gif
>omnissiah

Why do people say ADB injects his daddy issues into his books?

sorry i wasn't aware we were being judged on our image names.

Because every MC in his books has daddy issues

>MOB RULE CHANGES
When a unit fails a morale or pinning test, compare the result to the leadership of the squad. The controlling player may have the unit inflict a number of S3 hits equal to the difference to pass the test. For example, a squad of boys, with Ld 7, fails their morale test by rolling a 10. The unit of boyz may inflict 3 hits upon itself as the boys squabble, to pass the test.
If, when falling back, a unit with Mob Rule ends movement within 2 inches of a unit with Mob Rule of the same unit type (infantry with infantry, bike with bike, ect) then the two units consolidate into one, larger unit. This is a standard 3 inch consolidation, and the unit may act normally afterwards. The smaller unit is treated as destroyed for the purposes of victory points.

Boyz may take shootas in exchange for sluggas and stikkbombs for free, or in exchange for sluggas and 1 point per model.
In Boyz squads, you may upgrade 1 Ork to a Nob per 10 models.

Bosspole grants a +1 to Ld, instead of allowing re-rolls on the old mob rule table.
Cybork Body is up to 10 points. Grants a 5++ invulnerable save.
Power Klawz are down to 23 points for standard Nobz, and stay at 25 for HQs.
Nobz, Warbosses, and Big Mekz may take Tankhammers for 12 points.
Big Choppas gain 'Krushin', which reduces the armor saves allowed vs a Big Choppa by 1 (ex, Terminators would only get a 3+, Space Marines would be 4+, and Tau would be 5+, letting the AP5 choppas ignore the armor.) Priced at 8 points.
Ammo Runtz can be used to re-fire a one-use-only kombi weapon.
Gitfindas become a 'Cybork Eye' that grants a flat +1 to BS, for 6 points.
Warbikes are down to 20 points per HQ, and 16 per model for a whole unit of Nobz.

Ork are in a cool off period. GW is giving time for people to drop and sale off their orks before they release the new codex.

also a change to ramshackle. "Explode result is resolved at str 2"

Salvo 2/3, reduce them to 5 points.

>Plasma bolt rockets through the engine
>It comes to a screeching stop, and catapults Orks out as burning promethium douses the ones not crushed by the trukk as it rolls over, scattering shrapnel on the survivors
>It hurts as much as a Gretchin kicking your shin

From a gameplay perspective, I could see it as low as 3, but what it really needs is the old 5th edition rules. Maybe a faster way of going about it with less rolling so it speeds up the game.

>When a vehicle with Ramshackle loses its last hull point, it is moved 6 inches straight ahead if it spent the last movement phase moving.
>After this movement it is considered wrecked and any unit inside attempts to disembark as normal.
>If this movement brings it into contact with another unit, resolve a tank shock or ram against the unit.
>If this movement brings it to impassible terrain, the Trukk suffers an Explodes! result.
>If a Trukk suffers an Explodes! result in any way, it moves straight forward 8 inches, if possible, and resolves the effects of Explodes! at its new location, with the hits resolved at strength 3.

Actually, that's WAY too good. D6 inches instead, and D6+2 for Explodes!

Just bring the old Kareen rules back. Rocketing halfway across the board in a random direction and THEN exploding was fun actually fun.

>people that pronounce WAAAGH as "wog"

>burning promethium
>implying Ork vehicles are fueled by promethium

>People that spell/pronounce it as "Waaarg!"
>People that pronounce Tzeentch as "Tuh-zeen-tich"
>People that pronounce Slaanesh as "Slain-esh"

Terminate them with extreme prejudice.

>people who pronounce Nurgle as "Nurghoul"

up them to heavy 4 or 5: that way they could threaten marines, whilst remaining on the +1str/-1ap line that the classic weapons follow

People somehow manage to fuck up "Khorne" with "Kuh-horne"

>2pt discount on power claws for nobz
oo, bit much isnt it? seem really OP

>forgetting to greentext

Advice on how to make dark eldar playable?

they see the humies put it in their machines so they believe it makes the things work. if they forget to put it in it still works. if they remember to put it in it just sits there.

They're plenty playable now that they can actually shoot better than fucking Orks.

Grey Knights player here, question about equipping Paladins - what's generally better, sword or halberds?

Also, I see that many people consider Daemonhammers a must take item in a squad but I am a little confused about why.

You're paying 10 points for a Str 10 (8+2 from Hammerhand) AP2 weapon with Force. I understand that is awesome by itself but the model you put in on only has 2 attacks, 3 if you charge. It makes me wonder when you would actually need this weapon.
Am I taking it to damage high armor? If so, the rest of the unit's attacks are worthless.
Am I taking it to damage 2+ armor? Again, same thing - only those three attacks matter - the rest will bounce off the 2+ armor.

Am I taking it against a monstrous creature with a shitload of wounds? Same issue, or just take Halberds and activate force. One failed wound roll and they explode.

Seems like I'd want to either load up and entire unit with Hammers or not take them at all because 2-3 attacks doesn't seem like it can do much on it's own.

So when exactly do I NEED a daemonhammer or is it more of a luxury that is nice to add to a unit?

well if you hit any of those three attacks and have force up then it'll kill it so it's more of a case of making sure that you CAN deal with high armor.

So when you say "it" I'm assuming you mean monstrous creatures because a single Hammer isn't going to wipe out a unit of 2+ armor on it's own.

bretty much, but then, i don't play gk so my guess is pretty shit.

>people that pronounce it skih-tar-ee

3 basilisk yes/no?
and no wyverns

>skih-tar-REEEEEEEEE

Uh...Yeah...those no-good guys, whoever they are.
How do you pronounce it?

REEEE KNOW LATIN FUCKING NEWFAG
Skih-tah-REEEEE-eye

I pronounce it Esquitari :D

what's a good ereader app for the codexes? none of the ones I've used display the epubs right

Reedium

>OP doesn't link it in the new thread
>no standard general image
Well gee I'm sorry I missed it.

>sky-tay-rih-ih

>reh-ay-die-oom

Enough of this.

6 wyverns.

>skJˈtɑːɹiːaJ

>chim-air-uh

>In-off of dis

>Kh-???-r-n-the-betrayer

this. heavy 5

>dis je-bi fa-if

Autism Speaks

it's pronounced "nergal"

Guys, do you know any breathtaking painter?
The only ones I know are:

>Jin Dongyu
>Paul Norton

Guys please tell me if this is a decent list for a beginner.

It's based off a battleforce box and a getting started box, plus additional troops.

>Tech Priest, conversion field, mask of the alpha
>3x (x2) Destroyers
>2x Kastelan Robots w/ bitchboy

>10x Vanguard, 2x arc rifle (because I was 15 points over and couldnt afford a third), omnispex, pater radium

>10x vanguard, 3x arc rifle, omnispex, pater radium

>infiltrators, tasers, omniscient mask

>dragoon

>dunecrawler, neutron laser, cognis manipulator

Comes out to 1500 points exactly.

Also, for a skitarii allied detachment, do I need one or two troop options to make it battle forged?

Pic related says, I only need one, but it also says I need an HQ so I was kinda confused with that one.

What formations can dg take in traitor legions?

Plague Colony: a formation of 3-7 units of Plague Marines and either a Lord or Typhus. The formation causes Fear (yay) but also get a crazy good debuff! Enemy units within 7″ of any Plague Colony units in the fight phase reduce their Weapon Skill and Initiative by 1 for the phase. If you take the maximum number of units in the formation, then enemy models also get -1 Toughness within 7″ during the fight phase…WOW. Brutal! You can stack this with some Maledictions to easily get -2 Toughness, which is savage!
Copypasted this description.

All bolt weapons are a bit Ho hum

Give them all shred

Ta. Guessing thats the core? Is it just the same as the t hate detachment other wise?

Mask of the Alpha dominus isn't great, but I guess it could work with your rowbutts. I generally take Autocaduceus.
So you could take one less pater radium or one less arc rifle and give your Tech Priest the Autocaduceus for It Will Not Die.

But that's my opinion. If you plan on rushing both squads of vanguards in to CC, then I could see the pater radium being worth it.

Neutron laser is my favorite for Crabtanks, unless you are going against flyers then you should take the Icarus Array.

Otherwise, looks like a decent list, nothing too cheesy but nothing inherently weak either.

Do we have a list of all the relics for the various legions yet? If so, where can I find them? Thanks!

idk, haven't got traitor's hate, just found it on here: frontlinegaming.org/2016/12/03/traitor-legions-preview-part-1-of-2/

Anyone know of any spray equivalents of the fang? I dont want to pay $17 for a can of spray paint.

You can't take Pater Radium twice, it's a relic. So that frees up 20 points for another arc rifle and a 5 point upgrade

Even worse is -

>Slaanesh is "Slah-neesh"

Then again the people who do this are almost exclusively of the same ethnicity that pronounces "Lieutenant" as "Left-tenant." and like to add "u"s to words for literally no reason other than to be special.

Ave Dominus Nox

If you are really lucky with your nurgle powers you can get -3 toughness and instagibb GEQ.

Emperors Children are now the shootiest legion

The Chaos Gods are named in British English thank you very much.

some of them are on here: frontlinegaming.org/2016/12/04/traitor-legions-preview-part-2-of-2/

>not a native English speaker
>in mother tongue everything's pronounced the way it's written
>everybody does it, nobody gives a fuck

Alpha Dominus Mask is also useless on the Dominus since he can't join the robots. Also Skitarii cannot be taken as an allied detachment because they have no HQ, same reason they can't be taken as a Combined Arms Detachment. Skitarii can only be taken in formations and Skitarii Maniple, both of which you can find in their codex.

Initiative 5 and acces to FNP makes them no slouches in melee either.

Just their shootyness that's gotten boosted.

Maybe the British should learn to write things phonetically.

It's really, really sad when our bastard-English in America is more phonetically understandable than British English. And don't even get me started on the shitty accents that just arbitrarily arose from nowhere in the early late 1800's/early 1900's. (Fun fact: the English colonists sounded much, much closer to modern-day Virginian American dialect than anything else, including the modern-day English dialects. Celtic dialects have largely remained the same, however).

Hmmmm.... If I take out pater radium from one squad because it's illegal like said, and the alpha mask, I'll be left with 1480.

Would it be worth swapping out my robot's carapace heavy phosphor blasters to give my datasmith an autocadeucus?

Noise Marines have always been extremely flexible as a unit, and now that flexibility has been boosted across the board for an army of them.

They still die to Battle Cannons, though. They're not invincible.

Yeah they're lovely.
These leaks have finally gotten me to take my 40 noise out of the cupboard and dusted off.

Drugs do have a chance to get T5 now, so they can be fairly damn killer.

Would they not count as an "Allied detachment"?

If not, couldn't I just get around this by having my Skitarii be my main detachment, and having my cult be the allies?

This shit is fucking dumb and GW should give us the unified codex already

Or if you get gift of contagion on 2 different guys even -4 toughness for space marine deathstars without psykers.

gonna need a sauce on that fun fact lad.

Giving IWND to Dave Smith could be useful, might as well try it since you've got the points available.

You just take a Skitarii Maniple instead of an allied detachment.

Autocad can only be taken by a Dominus, who can't join Kastelans unless you take that one formation.

Sucks.

My GW Dream:
Create a Xenos Mercenaries book in the style of Agents of the Imperium. Make it so they can ally with everyone (save maybe Nids, Crons, and Daemons for obvious reasons), and then fill it with mercenary bands in the style of Agents of the Imperium.
> Ork Freebooters
> Kroot Mercenaries
> Vespids
> Hrud
> Sslyth
Etc etc.

Oh right. Uhh well give it to Tech Priest then, giving him IWND is good too.

Less Imperial Agents and more Militia and Cults.

So for my 6 units of sonic marines, What would be the best way to equip them?

Four 5-man units with a blastmaster to sit in depolyment, then two 10-man units with sonic blasters and blastmasters in rhinos?

Six 5-man units all with a blastmaster sitting in deployment while other stuff goes up the board?

Some other combination?

My preferred method is Dominus Maniple (Start Collecting Formation) + Elimination Maniple, then Skitarii Maniple for a couple more squads if they're needed. CAD and Battle Congregation are unnecessary since no one plays electropriests anyway.

>No Rak'gol

We keep hearing in different codexes how imperial commanders or whatever will hire this or that group of people as mercenaries.. Dark Eldar have a few xenos they keep as mercenaries and bodyguards. Tau supposedly have quite a few races they have good relations with. I'd love to see more of that kind of nonsense on the table.

I also really, really want to have a radical ordo xenos inquisitor with more fluffy choices than IG. Deathwatch are not a good choice for radicals.

I ended up going with Technomartyr clothing on the Datasmith.

I'm going to be running my Dominus in a unit of one of the Vanguard so that I can make use of the 4-7 unit Canticles for as long as possible, and he's already pretty tough as it is (2+ armor...4+ invul....feel no pain...look out sir...), so I think the BS2 overwatch on my kastelans would serve me better.

Might not be the best loadout (don't have the money for war convo right now...), but I think it's decent.

My Gw Dream

Your idea but in a box set game with additional rules for mercenary units for all races

I thought 2 6 man units in rhinos with Doom siren and ccw

4 6 man units with sonic weapons

That might work, I already have both of those formations in my army.

How does that work, though? I'm guessing that the Vanguards can't count as part of the formation, and also part of the CAD as troops so that I can take the infiltrators/dragoon, right?

Doublepost in double General:

Am I blind or is there no option for Deathwatch to actually take a Relic Blade despite it being in their armoury section and on their sprue?

what the hell is a Raptor Talon, iv seen Raptors and Warptalons? never raptor talon