DED SPESS THRED IN DA HOUSE

old thread 50452300

The gang's back

I know it's more /v/idya, but DS3 could have been so good, it would only have taken a little tweaking to story and keeping the combat mechanics of DS2. I think the potential is what made it all the worse.

alright here we go again will you be continuing your story Jukebox?

Some other weird tech from the Dead Space setting that might result in some fun hijinks in Mass Effect.

Already mentioned the biggest deal with Shock Point drives not needing Relays for their navigation and propulsion through the cosmos.

Would be funny to see the pre-Issac incursion Andromeda colonization mega vessels roll in 100 years later to already find that galaxy seeded with Shock Pointer prospectors merrily cracking planets with their nightmare ribcage cruisers.

Gravity Plates/Generators would be an interesting power drain but not need Element Zero to attain the same effect.

Stasis fields fall into the same category of localized manipulation of gravity without the need for Eezo. Might provide a nasty surprise for Biotics.

The recycling fabricators of the shop kiosks on Dead Space vessels. At least by Issac's time they could pulp a variety of precious metals into a space suit, ammo or medigel with no problem.

The interconnected nature of the RIG system and the casual cybernetics use by DS citizenry. If memory serves Elle even had her screwdrivered eye replaced by DS3. As compred to the Syd Mead clean lines futurism of Mass Effect.

Also I really want to see how much OUCH a DS stasis field puts on a living being vs the relatively gentle space magic of a biotic's Eezo field.

Yeah, just doing some re-writing. Will post tomorrow

There's also the BPC, also known as, "that one creepy-as-hell part of Medical with the babies floating in green tubes."

BPC stands for, "Biological Prosthetics Center." Direct from the wiki, "The biological prosthetics are apparently created by means of cloning the individual, rapidly aging the clone to adulthood and then harvesting the prosthetic limb or organ from the clone; no mention of how infant clones are grown to adult size in anything resembling a speedy manner. Presumably the clones are created with no higher brain functions."

Also I really want to see how much OUCH a DS stasis field puts on a living being vs the relatively gentle space magic of a biotic's Eezo field.

What I find interesting about stasis fields is the implication provided by twitchers. That a militarized or properly modified stasis module can generate a zone of accelerated time for the wearer. Vastly increasing their reaction time and movement speed against those still in the normal reference frame.

Meant to add to the end there. "Probably uses tech similar to stasis, but in the opposite direction, speeding up relative time instead of slowing it down."

Remember, stasis pods are mentioned in DS2 as being used to keep people stable while proper tools and doctors are assembled to work on their case. This hints that stasis isn't gravitic manipulation.

yikes....

and it shouldn't really be that hazardous

Considering safety standards in the Dead Space setting I'm pretty sure OSHA went right out the airlock and launched straight into the sun.

I think the hazard of stasis comes from partially stasising someone. I mean, imagine you're running from someone, and a stasis blast hits the wall next to you, but only catches your arm. You're going at a full run, and your arm suddenly snaps to about one-tenth of that.

Now imagine you're standing on a piece of malfunctioning equipment that suddenly snaps to life, bucking like crazy. Someone tries to stasis it, but misses and catches your upper body as the rest of you, hooked to the machinery, is yanked away.

I totally forgot about the Twitchers makes more sense for the Stasis Field to be what it says on the tin then. Something that slows or as per your example changes the localized perception of entropy?

Good eye on the BPC. No idea if craft smaller than a Planet Cracker would have the room to house an entire BPC.

For thematic horror insta-fetus spare part vats are an appropriate technological innovation.

Mining accidents happen. Especially with the delicious industrial application origins of Issac Clarke's loadout.

The manic abandon of DS planet coring capacities would make Eezo extraction an easier though far more devastating process. I'm thinking the Citadel might be aghast at the idea of processing entire worlds for their juicy centers.

Then again ME2 had that whole planetary resource scanning minigame.

Wondering how advanced the Artificial Intelligence technologies of Dead Space stack up against that of ME? It seems like there's a distinct lack of autonomous devices outside of the little resource gatherer drones from DS3. Though those were more a balm for DLC.

There's the bigass AI mainframe running The Sprawl in DS2 however but that's not very mobile or even all that helpful.

Mass Effect computers shit all over Dead Space computers. Dead Space barely has conversational computers, Mass Effect has full blown AI in spades.

After the thread last night, I had a terrible thought. DS3 meets DC3. That's Dino Crisis 3, aka, "mutated dinosaurs in space." In DS1, there were marker infested infants, which were removed in DS2, then came back in DS3, but they weren't infants. They were dogs. Marker infestation is zoonotic.

In Dino Crisis 3, MTHR, the ship AI of the Ozymandius, when instructed to use genetic tinkering to create a new form of humanity as the colonists of the planet they were being sent to, created several mutated species of dinosaurs. The first one you meet is an Australis, which is basically what a T. Rex would give birth to if it had sex with a tesla coil. The first one you meet is killed by a swarm of little fucks called Rigels, ten foot long, snake-like, legless, eyeless bastards made using Giganotosaurus DNA. Picture related; they're in the middle of crawling inside it and eating it from the inside out.

Now imagine that, infested with Marker bullshit.

this.

Anyone have the screen caps of last thread's stories?

Suptg man
also vote

bump

Bumping thread until I finish writing, hopefully I'll have something up this evening but it may not be until tomorrow morning.

Preach, they reversed everything good about dark souls 2 because myazaki is an arrogant prick. This is why the mechanics have stagnated to "only block with weapon in your offhand levels" and the story misses a lot of opportunities to reference the second game. All the while going out of its way to make more and more convoluted references to the first game.

bippity bump

This thread shall not die.

Whatcha writing?

Did the manufacturers design the tools you use with the intent of easy weaponisation?

Mah nigga, if you work in construction, you'll find that pretty much everything looks like something you can assault an airport with

Probably not but due to the nature of the tools since they are used for cracking hard metal asteriods and ship hulls it's not hard to see that a clever engineer with some time and resources could turn them into weapons.

Taking bets on wjo Isaac is going to give the "contact beam."
>Nezala's delicious Quarian hips
>Jack's crazy ass
>Ellie (worst girl)
>[write in option]
>none of the above

God, I hope it's Jack just so that the morning after Jack finds Isaac in the vents, and when she asks why, he replies, "One must think like one's prey in order to hunt them", the he starts screaming and writing shit on the walls. Every once in a while, the nightshift guys hear shuffling in the vents, followed by cursing and something about "Damn Uni's takin mah cutter"

im pretty sure a modern mining drill can punch trough any safe vault, so no prize on what does to anything else

Forgot to add
*After he gets drunk
Basically, when Isaac gets drunk, it's vent time

>Taking bets on wjo Isaac is going to give the "contact beam."

no one

>no one
YOU BASTARD! ISAAC DESERVES SOME POON AFTER ALL THE SHIT HE'S BEEN THROUGH!
Fuckin' bretheren moons man, breteren moons ;_;

THIS THREAD SHALL NOT DIE, NO, IT WILL BE THE OTHER THREADS THAT WILL TASTE 404 AND ARCHIVING!

sorry

Hey I did give "none of the above" as an option.

Would be funny if it were some one completely left field like Shiala

Wait so... is there a deadspace Veeky Forums? Or can I talk about my own homebrew ideas, intended to become Veeky Forums, in this thread?

My setting may or may not be compatible with Dead Space... The only reason I am unsure is mostly because I've only played the first one, and I know that there's large space faring mining vessels that crack planets. These sorts of things exist in Project Dead S.

Go to the archives and read the previous threads, should giveyiu a good idea of what it's about brother

OK so no then?

Check da archives, because all I can give you is a definite maybe. Sorry bro

so you're saying there's a chance?

I'll give Dead Space 3 this, if it was going to shamelessly, tactlessly steal from something else, it picked a pretty good inspiration.

Betting on delicious, poorly photoshopped, thicc Quarian HIPS

>not indulging user's waifu fantasies

doing gods work juke

maybe

What's your favorite suit throughout the series, thread?

My personal fav is the EVA Suit. The fact that it actually gets a visor when you drift through the space-walk segments really stands out to me.

I would have posted some THICC HIPS, but I didn't want to influence people's opinions too much.
And I respect him for it.

It's not so much the waifu that I want, but the waifu's (and crew's) reaction to having to deal with the hot mess that is Isaac Clarke, as well as what he has delt with before.
>Waifu hears Isaac mumbling "Make us whole" in his sleep
>Asks him about it
>He spends the next 3 weeks out of sight of the entire crew
>Nobody even knew where he was until they heard a bang and a bunch of cursing from a vent
>They had to lure him out with scrap and mining tools

I really liked the aesthetic of the witness suit and the snow suit in general.

Isaac probably couldn't even sleep in the same bed as his SO without throwing 'bows and kicking.

There is no way in hell that man stays still in his sleep without heavy tranquilizers.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he was a little bit agoraphobic, given how being sealed in a bulky suit was frequently the only thing keeping him alive during the most terrifying times of his life.

I wonder what he would do if somebody triggered him? And I don't mean tumblr trigger, I mean firing a rifle or blowing a grenade near a veteran of the Somme trigger. Would immediately start trying to kill everything? Would he flee to a secure area and lock it down while he builds weapons? Or would he just sorta... shut down, go on auo pilot? These are the things that keep me up at night. How does a man live when hehas seen too much?

Helmet up, stasis down the immediate area, retreat, draw weapon, and lodge himself in the most defensible location he can find in the immediate area, so long as it isn't the Med Bay.

Though it depends on which Isaac we're talking about, cause post-DS2 Isaac shot his triggering alien-brain cancer ghoulfriend to death with mind bullets and was a lot happier after.

the shut down and go in auto IS what isaac did on 3
he just does not work anymore unless theres stress or shit got real

And DS1 Isaac just goes real quiet for a long, long time.
I'd hate to be one of his shipmates.

i like to think that in DS1 he was so scared/halucinating due marker that he only could say yes, no and *grunt*

Well, he didn't get that way until he'd seen Nicole's "Dear John" vid, right? Kendra said he'd been blocking out the memory of the rest of the tape, which implies that he might have seen it with the rest of the crew, or that she just used her special Earth Gov clearance to take a peak, so he might have been miming it up from the very start of the Kellion's jump. However long that took them...

Triggered Isaac wouldn't shut down, he wouldn't have survived this long if that was his response to stress.

Id expect him to freak out and flail around, warding off anything he sees as threatening behavior and diving for safety/any weapon he can get his hands on.

After that, it depends how triggered he is. If he just needs a chance to catch his breath, he will be fine.

But if Isaac goes full-on flashback mode? It would be extremely dangerous for anyone else to be around him.

I'm pretty sure the plasma cutter, line gun, and a few other of his arsenal would cautarize the wounds. So he would'nt necessarily kill people, just dismember them.

Depends on what he's carrying.

The javeline gun alone can impale, electrocute, and -explode-.

Isaac would probably love ME ships. A lot less vents, sharp corners, nooks and crannies. And most of all, effective lighting! Still, if something seriously gave him triggered, you'd have to track him down by following the trail of destructive looting head leave across the ship as he geared himself.

Kinda curious, hod do you think he'd fare against the Flood?

Tell me more

im sure issac loves any ship desing that actually thinks of the safety of crew, those dont really exist on dead space

gonna need some info on that halo thing

It's like Necromorphs, only you don't need to be dead for the Flood to infect you, and the Flood actually gets more intelligent with every victim, as it asorbs tgeir memories.

I guess I should've been clearer, what I mean by "shut-down" isn't like him just stopping, I mean he just shuts down his mind and immediately starts acting on instinct.

then isaac al he needs to win is get absorved
his mind is chock full of the necromorph signal bullshit, and im willing to bet that the moons are as old as the universe so yeah

it changes the flood into necros
enjoy

Eh, not really. The Flood, once it forms a Gravemind, is the single most intelligent being in known existence, and pretty much immune to mind-fuckery due to the fact that the Flood is actually the corrupted remains of the Precursors, who are the ones who are believed to have seeded the galaxy with life. They are two story tall Psychic crabs that reached "Techno-Gods" level of advancement. So I think the Flood would be immune to Marker fuckery.

im pretty sure that the signal is more intense/worse the more inteligent you are

Mine is the suit from severed, that touch of asymetry really livens it up

Actually, Isaac was able to stand it more than others because he was smarter. The smarter you are, the more you can stand it

>Shepard, Miranda, and Jacob leave the ship for a few hours on Cerberus business
>Come back and the ship looks like it has been through a war
>Crew are scattered around, either unconscious or wounded, doors are cut open or sealed shut
>The armory is looted of rifles and explosives
>They eventually make their way down to the cargo hold
>Jack has a broken nose and three broken ribs
>Grunt has a broken arm and is missing two fingers
>They are also covered in crude marker scrawlings
>And look like a mix of rage, terror, and guilt on their faces
>Kelly is attempting to coax Isaac out unsuccessfully
>Chawkwas trying to patch Jack and Grunt up while simultaneously going purple in the face from barely repressed rage
>Tali is next to Kelly trying to hack the door lock, but Isaac has completely rewritten the code in a language she's never even heard of that seems to be based on an unknown language translated into morose code
>Shepard asks what in the actual flying fuck happened
>Turns out Jack got super drunk, found Isaac's Dream (read: nightmare) Journal, and came-up with a hilarious practical joke
>She recruited Grunt, the poor socially inept bastard, into her plan
>Painted themselves like Unis, covered themselves in "blood", and surprised Isaac by sneaking up behind him and shouting "Make Us Whole"
>Isaac screamed, got a dead look in his eyes, said not again, then went on a self-preservation fueled rampage
>Punched Jack in the face, kicked her away, then somehow tackled Grunt to the ground before power stomping his arm
>He grabbed his cutter and line gun and made a beeline for the storage room in cargo
>He stopped for nothing, and nothing could stop him
>He also looted the armory and engineering for parts
>Isaac had sealed the door and, as they later found, the vents leading into the storage room
>It took three days for him to leave

>The first day because he was stuck in the past, the other two because he as stuck between unrelenting rage and unbelievable shame
>He met with Kelly everyday for the next two weeks
>He stopped when he noticed how the meetings affected her

> Mass effect 2
> Harbinger possesses some indoctrinated dude to taunt Shepard, eyes glowing like flashlights
> "Assuming direct contr-."
> Issac flashbacks to marker visions, screams, and never stops punching harbinger in the face

>Brother Magos Clarke's ship is, like every respectable Magos would have, one of the best things the Adeptus Mechanicus had to offer. However, for some strange reason, he chose a Cruiser instead of a readily available Arc Mechanicus.
>The reason for this was that he needed something that was fast and maneuverable and well armed and armored instead of something that would be large enough of a target for dedicated anti-battleship weapons.
>The ship was named by Clarke after a ancient Terran explorer known back then as Crozier.
>Immediately after initiating a Warp Jump, the ship nearly got destroyed by a strange Immaterium anomaly and got off-course by a thousand light years.
>Needless to say, the journey of Magos Clarke started out very rocky.

The marker imprinted how to destroy markers into his brain. I think he might be the exception, not the rule. Markers imprint themselves into the minds of the intelligent so they'll make more or stuff like regenerators. Maybe Isaac stopped taking san damage because he took max san damage and started going into supersanity.

>Some still say that he's actually in the vents, controlling his suit with a crude remote control and a half-bastardized copy of EDI
>Grunt never got those fingers back, though he was mysteriously gifted with two corn dogs a week after the event
>All they know is that Isaac has never apologized to Jack

>Jack apologized to Isaac one day after she, again, got hammered
>The only response was was a vague grunt from the nearby vent

so insane he became too sane?

Yes, that is exactly what happened to him. You can even see it at the end of 2 and most of 3

would not call isaac sane in any way, hes pretty much a man shaped husk that reacts to shit happening

>Liara get's that uncomfortable twinkle in her eye when Isaac cracks a joke about being a one-time archaeologist
>And I'm not talking about "Embracing eternity"
>Shanghai's him into being dragged along to a newly discovered Promethean tomb
>Isaac is intensely paranoid, because he's Isaac
>Nothing bad happens
>Paranoia intensifies
>They reach the center
>Liara brags about how not every ancient tomb or long-dead civilization is horribly boobie trapped, this isn't one of his human action vids
>Turns out to have been a trap set by the Collectors specifically for her
>Isaac is so fucking smug the whole ride back

> Collectors deploy their swarm of bugs
> Issac gets 'stung'
> Nothing happens. "Huh."
> "But you- you should be in Stasis!"
> "Oh? Oh! No, I can't be put in Stasis. Its a safety feature."
> "..."
> "Do your engineers not have that? God, your workplace accidents must be AWFUL."

Kind of ironic, coming from the man who's been attacked by doors, thin windows, haywire drills, and the floor.

>Isaac's face when

>Uses the plasma cutter to write "I FUCKING CALLED IT" on an asteroid

And imagine how much worse those would have been if engineers were not immune to Stasis! Isaac would have stasis'd himself half a dozen times just due to proximity.

Yeah it's like Ghandi's aggression in Civ when he inevitably takes freedom. It starts at 1/10 and gets -2, since it can't go negative it goes to 255/10.

>"Okay Jack, it's your turn."
>"This is fucking stupid, I don't see why I have to play if that creepy motherfucker doesn't have to!"
>"Isaac..."
"Ugh, FINE!"
>"Okay, Jack-"
>"Never have I ever used Stasis on my dick!"
"Oh you fucking cunt."

And that's when the Normandy stopped having Therapy Slumber Party Night.

Kelly was devastated.
So was Legion.

Even better
>Hey, Liara, is your phone ringing? BECAUSE I FUCKING CALLED IT!
Then writes "I FUCKING CALLED IT" on an astroid

i wonder whats legion consensus on such tecnology and such madness

Wait, who used stasis on their dick? who was cunt???

Jack workshopped a situation just so she could roped Isaac into a game of Never Have I Ever to find out if he'd ever tried using his stasis on his dick.

Can't lie during NHIE, it's illegal, after all.

Legion probably gets the idea of a mimetic necrotizing supervirus a little better than the others.

>>He stopped when he noticed how the meetings affected her
Make Us Whole Kelly

Speaking of Legion...

Will he have a Contact Beam in place of his hole?

Or will he have something different?

Who is for CORE EXTRACTOR?

This thread... delicious...

I dunno if he'll do that

Pity.

I'd love to see Legion go full Strotheim and pose while shooting.

new writefaggotry when
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's coming gimme a sec.

been gardening all day

>gardening all morning

you poor man

He said all day, and we don't know how Juke feels about gardening.