BBEG is just misunderstood

>BBEG is just misunderstood

>BBEG is just understood

misunderstood or not, he has to be stopped

>BBEG is extremely attractive
>players fall over each other making excuses for their behavior

>BBEG wants you to succeed where he failed.

>BBEG is just 'lulz evil because chaotic evil y'know'

>bbeg is the equivalent of Frederick the great, who saw a net of alliances as a threat and declared preemptive war against his neighbours. Turns out he is actually a enlighted ruler

>BBEG speaks in a powerful scottish brogue
>BBEG is barely understood

>bbeg's deeds are the result of a huge misunderstanding

"I said I hate JUICE, not JEWS"

She doesn't want you Leon, you're just being played.

>BBEG is the DMPC

Playing characters where doing this is in-character is actually really fun

>BBEG is actually a pretty cool guy
>the mayor of that town just has a grudge

I did this in my last game, BBEG was a lich who was previously a politician who was really outspoken about the environment. The duke of a large city hired a squad of foreigners because they wouldn't know about the lich, and got them to find an elf who was basically a hermit version of The Sphinx from mystery men. Lots of vague advice, not much actual help.

>the bbeg is the beautiful and supposedly helpless princess.
>she used her charm to dupe the party into helping her, then turned them against one another.

>BBEG is actually evil with no redeeming features

>BBEG doesn't really know what he wants, but has gone too far and can't stop now.

>BBEG uses an omelette and eggs argument that actually makes sense

>BBEG is actually the Big Bad Eccentric Guy
>you spent the entire campaign fighting against a weirdo who wasn't even evil

>BBEG is the ruler of the land
>he just wants to get rid of murderhobos who murder, pillage, steal and don't have a home

He does this by organizing murderhobo shelters and strongholds, and holding kingdom wide quest days.

>BBEG is sick of it all and just wants to get things over with so he can do something else.

It would be easier to lure them all somewhere with promises of gigantic rewards and have them murder each other. Then finish off the survivors.

>BBEG is actually a world-class chef and has a recipe book on the market
>He prepares a meal of his own making, unpoisoned, to help convince the PCs
>Despite his evil, the food is undeniably good

>The BBEG looks to be the conniving vizier attempting to assassinate the king
>Turns out the king was evil and the vizier was the only person enough of a threat to keep him in line

but then you're just left with one or more particularly strong murderhobos, which is where the real bullshit begins, good look killing what are essentially demigods at this point

No, that just means you're going to have a few very angry demi-God level murderhobos out for your blood.

underrated post

Well, then you can actually give them that reward and have them hunt less powerful murderhobos.

but THEN you risk the team of even more powerful murderhobos whose goal is to topple the tyrannical king and his squad of powerful assassins!

They probably appreciated it. That's a win in my book.

If there's even more powerful murderhobos, then your country is screwed from the beginning.

>BBEG claims to be a scientists, but behaves like a wizard

>BBEG claims to be a wizard, but is actually a scientist

But the BBEG can't do that, it's the party's role.

>the BBEG is incredibly genre savvy

>BBEG is a scientist and a wizard

>the terror campaign of the alleged evil king and vizir have been keeping the alleged lawful good revolutionaries from applying the law whenever in whichever way they feel without any legal training or any care to consistency
>the "terror campaing" was mainly them dressing up, mixing among the crowds and stopping the population from killing each other over laws they don't even care to understand even in broad strokes in the first place

But mein führer, why were you speaking English anyway? Is it so ze Amerikaner audience won't have to read ze subtitles?

>BBEG is neither a scientist or a wizard

>BBEG is searching for someone to save the world.

What if the party is the BBEG

>and then John was a zombie

>BBEG is the GM's self-insert
>this explains why he/she/it poisons the land by existing and otherwise poses no threat and has no redeeming qualities
>when you finally finish killing him/her/it the GM begins to cry

>BBEG is misunderstood
>He's actually way worse than you initially thought

>BBEG will (and already has) do anything to realize their goal because every bad thing they do will be erased if they succeed

>Turns out the BBEG isn't strictly bad, but rather his plan is committing insurance fraud on a deal he made with the devil

Haha, like that would ever happen...
What kind of loser would put himself in the game for the players to make a punching bag of?

>no redeeming qualities
not for lack of trying I presume

It's murderhobos all the way down.

>BBEG believes all magic items belong in a museum.

>The BBEG is both a genius and incompetent, usually at the same time.

>Turns out he is actually an idiot
The only reason Prussia survived was because the new Tsar was a Prussiaboo.

But those murderhobos are incredibly useful. If you ever have a dragon or giant attacking your farmlands, your daughter gets kidnapped, or an invading orc army needs to be scouted then you offer a minor noble title to whoever deals with it. Way cheaper and usually fairly effective compared to having to mobilize an army. Sure you might have one or two pissed off tavern owners because their place got burned down by assassins but they're just peasants.

>BBEG is actually completely unaware of the impact he's having.

>BBEG is a sciencewizard

Welp, now i know what my next BBEG is going to be doing.

Yeah in character it's great, but out of character seeing them try to give a seductive red head so much leeway while the poor paladin tries to exercise his morals in a party he thought was mostly alignment similar is always gruesome to watch

I can see this playing out rather interestingly. Imagine spending a huge portion of the campaign tracking the source of horrible evils just to find, at the end of the journey, some clueless novice or ignoramus has been causing it, and is totally confused why a party of armed adventurers just broke down their door.

>Gets pixie blood on the carpet

Truly, his evil knows no bounds.

>conan the libertarian
Kek

I like the sound of this but I'm not quite sure how that plays out. Do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to?

But would they not realise their own power, and attempt to size control of the nation?