Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Fat nobles edition. Tell me about your run ins with the nobility and how they went.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Vampire Hunter D Setting Supplement: dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire Hunter D Pathfinder Supplement.pdf?dl=0

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_i5Yw4ZoDO0
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/swashbuckler/archetypes/paizo---swashbuckler-archetypes/inspired-blade
pastebin.com/mcN9n7L9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pulled a six layer "they were dopplegangers" plot
>I wrote down on a sheet of paper who in the castle were dopplegangers, sealed it in an envelope, and gave it to a players so no take backsies
>fooled them into thinking the guy who they thought was a doppleganger wasn't and was actually an agent of the crown when he killed another doppleganger in front of them, telling them he was sent to route out the corruption
>joke was on then, he was also a doppleganger
>even worse one of the PCs was also a doppleganger, having been killed a while back when he "escaped"
>I handed the PC a note at some point saying "you've been activated, kill your party members"
>he looked up at me and I nodded
>he was still alive but a prisoner, the doppleganger had been with the party for three sessions
>one player down and against their supposed friend plus another doppleganger the PCs barely survived

Was pretty fun.

Finally found out in character the core NPC of the game was a princess. Pic related.

Next put them in a tower where every item is a mimic.

And then the whole tower is a mimic.

Delicious.

I'll get the spices!

>chest mimic
>inside a room mimic
>behind a door mimic
>up a ladder mimic
>inside a tower mimic

>>joke was on then, he was also a doppleganger

>GM's face when all the players were as well

Remember, the goal is to destroy your players' trust in their fellow man!

I could not describe how angry I would be at the betrayal.

What did he mean by this?

huh

hmmm

Makes sense to me, I'll keep this in mind, thanks. I guess I could've done worse for my first PF character.

Would you rather have a gun or a cha to hit and damage starknife?

Is there any class like the Rogue, Ninja, Assassin, or similar that doesn't suck?

I'm OK with it if it has to use a bit of magic.

Unchained Rogue
Slayer
Vigilante
Bard
Wizard

>Eye am back with first draft on bunnygirl race, henceforth known as Inabin (singular and plural). This is just the basic "tewi" race, and the "veira" race will be a separate offshoot with different bonuses and racial stats. I'm just going to drop the stats currently and get some feedback on that, and not get into writing fluff yet.

Humanoid (Inabin)
Size: Medium
Base Speed: 30ft (normal)
Ability score modifiers: +2dex, +2cha, -2wis
Languages: Standard (common, selection of seven others).
Senses (1rp): Low light vision.
Defenses (4rp): Lucky (greater) - A +2 racial bonus on all saves.

Misc (1rp): Jumper - Inabin are always considered to have a running start when making acrobatics checks for purposes of jumping

Skill bonuses (5rp): +2 bluff, +2 perception, bluff and perception are always considered class skills.

Total racepoint value: 11 RP

Inabins are super cute! they stand around five foot four, but they have about a foot of ears! They like to be bards, rogues, paladins, and your non-shit [swashbuckler] of choice! Sometimes they're gunslingers too!

Their wis penalty hurts them a little bit when it comes to being clerics, but its something they do often with luck, community (the ability to donate a save is pretty powerful!) and trickery domains.

We dont talk about the black rabbit antipaladin inabins

Don't give up user! Someone might run a Hell's Vengeance backup game, and if not there are still plenty of other groups in the sea! I believe in you!

Slayer!

It can get a similar sneaky feel, though if you tell us what specifically you like about those lasses we can help you better.

rabbits have cloaca

inabin have cloaca

NO THEY DON'T!

You would need some coaching after that wrecking. I know a guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=_i5Yw4ZoDO0

RABBIT CLOACA

PERFECT HUMANOID GIRLYPARTS WITH THE OCCASIONAL BIT OF VELVETY FLUFF

DRAGON CLOACA

But user, that isn't biologically accurate, and ruins my immersion and enjoyment of a potential rabbit people race.

Plus, wouldn't you rather the race be able to walk around with minimal clothing, able to naturally hide and obscure their genitalia, thus giving the illusion of lewd without needing to ever deliver?

Spike damage. Marking. Agility. Trickery. Non-combat skills. Stealth.

Definitely holding out hope for a backup HV game.

any anons considering doing this?

Vigilante
Unchained Rogue
Investigator
Bard
Alchemist
Slayer

Inabin as written/designed have human-like girlyparts. [spoilers]If you want yours to be different, it's still wrong, but whatever works for you in the privacy of your own group. Just don't go around giving people misinformation on what their bits actually look like[/spoiler]

Also cute fluffy tails.

Yet your pic is encouraging me to deny your silly half-baked "truth", and replace it with my own.
Open wide, Cause it's time for CHIM in here.

Slayer is literally perfect for that. You mark people with Studied Target, which not only gives you a bonus to damage, but one to non-combat skills against that target. It's great, give it a look.

I'd not mind playing, having to shelve entire character concepts does suck...

What the fuck is a full initiator, and why would a GM ban them from their game?

How do we refluff Tei as the god of Inabin? Associated with a god of the moon (kaguya). Luck, community and trickery domains are obvious.

Neutral Good alignment? What else are we missing here?

Basically it's a way for martial classes to hit around tier 3, and they get banned because that's something that no non-spellcasting class should ever aspire to.

Full initiator refers to the full-progression PoW maneuver users. They get natural access as they level all the way to 9th level maneuvers, as opposed to "partial" which is all the archetypes, which go up to 6th.

How would you build a "Soft style" Martial artist /pfg/?

What is "soft style", user?

Kitsune style fighter, brawler, or monk. Avoid trip, it's shit.

"hard style" martial arts are focused on strikes, deep rooted stances and they rely a lot on 'explosive' muscle power mostly - the guy you see 'chamber' up and proceed to kick through a four foot wide tree is using a hard style. They're things like karate, tae-kwon-do, muay thai and various ultra-punchy chinese martial arts.

"soft" styles aren't designed around being the biggest, strongest meanest motherfucker around, they're designed for the little girl / jackie chan / bruce lee. They're about oblique strikes and redirecting 'power', this is the sort of style where you see a little girl throw someone to the ground. Kung Fu, Aiki and Judo (to a lesser extent) are all soft styles.

Defensive fighting, throws, disarming and redirecting - not sure what exactly to direct you towards though.

To defeat foes with minimum amount of force applied, using sumission holds, throws, deflecting force, and on occation striking vital areas precisely.

In meme terms. A dexfag.

In practical terms, a person who uses Tai Chi offensively, Judo, Jujitsu,

Slayer, Vigilante, and Unchained Rogue are also acceptable

Street fighter shoto's are hard style users

Dead or alive little girls / ninja's are soft style users

The one opera singer lady in dead or alive uses pi qua, which is apparently about using flapping motions with your hands to treat them like whips.

Unchained Rogue focusing on unarmed strikes. Sap Adept + Sap Master lets you deal double sneak dice (plus a little extra) if the target is flatfooted and the damage is nonlethal. You now basically have pressure point strikes that can knock people out in a single jab.

Then spec into Feinting to make your fighting style fluid and unpredictable, and so you can get reliable sneak attacks. Scout rogue or intimidate+shatter defenses might make this easier, I dunno.

Flowing Monk probably. I think I had an old Trip build I could repurpose to throw people around if they try to attack.

>Feinting

No, feinting is complete shit. Shatter defenses does far, far, far more and is better.

>Flowing monk
>Trip

Both are shit.

Yes. The snarky, French bitch of a demigod at one point was/would be roped into a favor for the Empress and Emperor. Instead of being commissioned for an artifact of sorts, they requested her to tutor their first and only child. Elsbeth, out of spite Yes she's allowed to be petty after everything she had to deal with, began by first teaching Geliche how to swear in 17 languages.

Born of a mutated Spanish Mystic and a divine German Warlord, educated by a French, holy agent and embodiment of Magic itself; her form a bastardization of of beasts of myth and might. Geliche' really is a chimera, isn't she?

>Dragging this over from last bread in case it was missed.

Pretty neat. Though once you get more experience making races you may want to step off race points.

Race points aren't always balance, and they don't take into account creating new abilities well.

Mechanically, what would Geliche be?

I use race points as a guideline. I know that they aren't perfect in any way - but much like creating new magic items they're a decent place to start making comparisons.

I'm gonna build a Witch for a home game. I was thinking about becoming beast bonded for flavor and Shadow Patron for utility shit. My end goal was to get to 10th level, get the twin soul or whatever it's called and bind with a quasit familiar and say I'm a shadow demon reincarnated as a mortal. Then whenever I die I just body jump and be a pseudo lich.

There's probably a better familiar than a quasit for something like this, probably along the lines of Imp, Arbiter Inevitable or Faerie dragon, but that kind of ruins the fluff since shadow demons don't really have as interesting of an analogue among other outsiders, not that I know of anyway. I'd do Qlippoth since I like the monsters and the concept, but it'd be hard if my GM ruled that I can't maintain the all-consuming hatred of mortal life without being evil. Daemon might be another choice but I'd need to do some digging.

Any thoughts? I was thinking about making an illusionist anyway to practice and become more creative with the school so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone and also not be affected as badly by the witch list and it's flavorful but oftentimes not very useful spells.

>Shatter defenses does far, far, far more and is better
fewer creatures are immune to feinting (only mindless creatures) whereas many have resistances or immunity to fear effects. In addition, shatter defenses requires two initial attacks first (first attack to activate enforcer feat or whatever Shaken rider effect you have, second attack to activate shatter defenses and render opponent flatfooted, third attack to actually inflict sneak attack). Meanwhile, Greater Feint + Two Weapon Feint only eats your first attack (or none at all if you use moonlight stalker feint, but that's only if you want to piss away every feat you own by that point)

Ok, see.. I have no idea. It's a big part of the reason I haven't even attempted to build her at all. I can probably think of one or two mechanics, but pre-existing ones don't quite fit.

I like her smile.

Some advice for a level 10 swashbuckler that isn't "Don't play a swashbuckler"? 1pp only

Well, what do you think she could do?

play a daring champion Cavalier instead

1. use pre-errata Cape of Feinting, before its effect required a will save
2. use the cape to standard-action daze a single opponent with no will save while your party shits all over it

How do I create a character with a skill set that even approached Isaac Netero?

who

Basically I'm asking what class should I choose to be similar to Netero. I know I can't do him exactly, but something close.

How friendly is your DM towards martials? Because Swashes are low on the Martial ranking.

But, if you must. I say there is almost no reason to NOT go with the Inspired Blade archetype. d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/swashbuckler/archetypes/paizo---swashbuckler-archetypes/inspired-blade

Get some extra damage and a keen rapier for free. Now focus Dex be highest, then Str Con and Int be about the same. Cha can be nice but eh and Wis is for nerds.

Grab power attack because you are a martial. Then maybe the Spring Attack tree so you don't have to stand and fight too long.

If at level 10 with a +1 Rapier, Power Attack and a 16 STR you are doing 1d6 + 23 so long as you have a Panache Point with an attack bonus of 14. On a crit, which you threaten about 1/3 of the time, you will do 2d6 + 36.

There is probably some other shit you can do but this is the basic stuff

who

take Signature Skill (intimidate) and proceed use menacing swordplay a lot. Watch every enemy shit the bed and provoke AoOs as they flee or watch every enemy be immune to fear because you're at level 10

Old man who did 10,000 punches every day from dawn until dusk for years. At first it took him until after dusk and he could not finish. Then one day it was still light out. Then after 10 years he could finish within an hour. For the rest of the time he had he gave thanks.

It ended with him being able to punch faster than the speed of sound and manifest a giant 100 handed statue.

... So do you just want a guy who can punch things really hard?

He achieved enlightenment after 5 years standing in one spot praying and punching.

Hard to describe. She dominantly uses natural weapons, i.e her claws/talons, wings, and sometimes maybe a tail or bite. Sure there are things like Chimera Soul or whatnot to add a bit of flavor, but that doesn't quite cover her; using her sings as an extra set of fists in a flurry, or using them as shields. Alternatively having galeforce combat maneuvers, using her wings to vacuum opponents toward her or blow them away. She's many things her parents can do, but nothing like them at the same time.

So he's a monk.

Partially, but he also has the manifestation thing. It's a little small but this is an example of how he fights. He fights by giving thanks and manifesting a 40 foot tall golden statue.

>maximum file size allowed is 8 MB

Well, suffice to say he summons a 40foot tall golden statue with a hundred arms. Each time he gives prayer it moves one of its arms.

... But does that actually do anything? Mechanically? Does it fucking matter?

So a refluffed Summoner? Or maybe a Spiritualist?

It's a giant golden statue that punches things.

Maybe Spiritualist would be best. Summoner may work as well.

probably spiritualist then.

Or Ancestor Eidolon Summoner.

Is there any way to make both myself and my eidolon initiators?

probably not that sounds really fuckin broken.

Synthesist Summoner technically

So what does the base attack bonus actually do? Does it just add a flat amount to damage rolls or does it help to beat the AC of the opponent?

Sorry for the stupid question, I tried using d20rsfd but it is pretty vague, and I am pretty stupid. Thanks guys.

When you make an attack you roll 1d20+BAB+Stat+Miscellaneous Bonuses against the AC of your opponent. If you beat it you hit. So it's a bonus to your attack roll, which is different from your damage roll.

Base attack bonus helps with hitting, not damage.

BAB + Str/Dex depending on weapon + any over shit like enchantments or feats vs AC to hit.

Making an attack is an opposed check.

Usually its Attack bonus versus Armor Class

Base attack bonus is the "base bonus" you're getting from your class, and it is sort of an inference on how good of a fighter you're supposed to be - a full BAB (aka equal to hit dice) means you're supposed to be a god of hitting shit.

As user says You roll 1d20 + BAB + Stat + Misc VS AC of opponent. If you beat it you hit your attack.

If you have high BAB you can make multiple attacks in around on a full attack action (so +6/+1 allows you to make one attack at +6bab and another at +1bab). Iterative attacks are pretty powerful... if you're allowed to actually full attack, which if you're trying to be a melee monster you may not be able to. Archery builds are popular because of it though.

You could play a Roil Dancer Avant Guard Kineticist, to have an initiator and a Stand.

I wonder what each HV character would order at a tavern?

Yori's drink of choice is hippocras.

Shizuka would order tea

I wonder how much it will cost to buy a small shop to sell her paintings out of, as well as serve tea and maybe have an upstairs for a bed and a place to sleep...

dierdre doesn't drink.

probably just water, maybe cranberry juice if they're in a more wealthy environment.

Sounds perfect actually.

come now, i'm sure she would order some Sake if its been a good day.

Is it wrong to want to play a base fighter? Why does every game I join tell me not to?

I just want to be a fighter.

I'm making a Mooncursed Barbarian for fun and right now, I'm looking to get a +3 AoMF. So far it's a +1 Shocking Amulet, and I'm not sure what special ability the third enhancement point would be. Would Vicious be worth it?
Related, is Vicious's backlash affected by damage reduction?

There's nothing wrong with playing a fighter user. So long as you know that it's not the optimal choice, and are okay with that, then you can play whatever you want, assuming it's not something that irritates the rest of your party.

Not really. It's not the best class, but there's plenty of good to be had with it
And with the Advanced Weapon Training, I feel like you can get a lot more mileage out of it than you used to be able to. It's not massive, but the stuff it can do for you is nice

I was considering playing an Opportunist/Mutation Warrior for Alchemist-lite.

go for it user! That combination even retains weapon training! Ganbate!

What can you uniquely do as a fighter that other classes don't allow you to?

Look

Sometimes user

Sometimes its not about being the strongest, or the best, or doing something no one else can do

Sometimes its about having justice in your heart and doing your best.

If you really want to make people cry, there's always the Fighter (Eldritch Guardian/Mutation Warrior) VMC Barbarian.

pastebin.com/mcN9n7L9