mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Q4u6TsAPeA
youtube.com/watch?v=vLsteSBHEcM
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Skitarii-Rangers
celeng.deviantart.com/art/Celestian-594504815
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for Krieg Grenadiers are OoS on FW

How many raptors are appropriate for Night Lords?

>impractical weapon

youtube.com/watch?v=0Q4u6TsAPeA

Currently if you give a Space Marine Captain a bike you unlock Bikers as Troops.

How would you feel about GW expanding on this Troops bonus?

>Captain with jump pack unlocks Assault Marines
>Captain with Terminator armor unlocks Terminators
>Chaos Lord with bike unlocks Chaos Bikers
>Chaos Lord with jump pack unlocks Raptors
>Chaos Lord with terminator armor unlocks Chaos Terminators
>Warboss is mega armor unlocks Mega Nobz
>etc.

Fourth for are we ever going to get another actual fucking codex again? This game has become really stale, and I'm getting tired of no stat lines changing, or points costs adjusting. You can't just band-aid formations over everything.

all of them

all of them

Termies and assault marines would be fine.

Normal SM having access to plasma and meltaguns on their assault squads would be nice, too.

I think that would be a sweet version of the game where nothing is considered a troop unless you had a certain HQ

Oh, and having some slightly more shooty options for HQs would be nice. Most of the time they are relegated to melee characters or buffers with no dakka of their own.

You started the game in 6th edition, didn't you?

I need you, plastic sisters.

Force Org modification is the old way of doing things. These days they'd just do formations.

So, a thought occurs to me as an Eldar player: Storm Guardians, usually considered the worst unit in the 'dex, might not be too bad against GSC. Squad of 10 with 2 flamers for 90 point, they have plasma grenades and melee weapons. Might be a good unit for bubblewrapping/objective holding, yes? Also could be a good buffer against that charge-from-deep-strike-on-turn-one thing they do. Anyone tried this yet?

Sort of. I know Orks had the biker bonus in their previous codex and Blood Angels had Assault Marine Troops as well. If the biker bonus is still around for marines I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented for other wargear and armies.

>shouldn't be implemented for other wargear and armies.
Frankly, it probably shouldn't exist for marines. Mainly all it does it give them ObSec bikers, which I don't think is a great idea.

So is it possible to talk about WoM without skub wars yet? Because I wanna talk about the fluff about the number of TSons mentioned in the book.

Before now we had a mention of something like 1200 TS surviving Prospero in ATS. I think this book has either retconned that or shows that TS can recruit and resummon/create more rubric marines. Specifically this part here
>The Exalted Sorcerers and Daemon Princes who rule the Silver Towers each command many of these thrallbands, which may be gathered together into hundreds-strong task forces called Exalted Thrallbands. Their followers comprise the raiding forces through which Tzeentch enacts some of his most violent schemes upon the galaxy.

Now doing the math here 9 silver towers attacked Fenris. That means at minimum 900 sorcerers on Fenris from the towers. Ahriman is said to have doubled the forces of Magnus buy bringing the exiles although this is more vague.
>In summoning his fellow Exiles and their thrallbands to war, Ahriman all but doubled the martial strength the Crimson King brought to bear.

So at this point we have 1800 TS sorcerers at bare minimum. This does not count any of the Rubricae or Scarabs only the sorcerers and Aspiring sorcerers leading them as no numbers are given for them.

So what do you guys think about this? Its not even mentioned how many silver towers there are and it is also said that there are others active in the galaxy at the same time.

>How Do You Pronounce "Skitarii"

skih-tare-e-eye

skih-tar-ou

I thought it was more like

skit-are-ee

I think it is, but people are putting this meme out there that it's skih-tare-e-eye.

think the word "radius"

plural "radii"

raid-ee-eye

>How Do You Pronounce "Skitarii"
Fucking anglos and their inability to understand phonetics

ski-tar-ee

That pronounciation isnt a meme, it's how you properly speak latin

Nice
try

radii is real latin, skitarii is a real made up English word

Ok, so here's my BT + Skitarii list.

Unbound BT (or CAD? I dunno because there aren't crusader squad formations) - 1274

Emperor's Champion - 140pts

Chaplain - 90pts

Crusader squad (1x) - 477 pts
- dedicated transport: LRC w/ meltagun & pintel-mounted storm bolter - 265 pts
- Initiates (7x): 5x Chainsword & BP, 1x flamer (or melta, depends on situation), 1x power maul
- Sword Brother: Power sword, bolt pistol, and melta bombs
- 7x neophytes, all with shotguns
- Emp's Champion to be attached to this squad

Crusader squad (1x) - 242pts
- same as above, but with an extra shotgun initiate because they will be footslogging it
- Chaplain to be attached

Ven. Dreadnought w/ TL Lascannon & PF w/ Storm bolter - 140 pts

Contemptor dreadnought w/ Kheres Assault cannon & PF w/ Combi-Bolter - 185pts

Skitarii Maniple - 210 pts

Skitarii Rangers - 125 pts
- Omniscope, 2x Transuranic rifles, 3x galvanic rifles

Skitarii Vanguard - 85 pts
- 2x Arc rifles, 3x cancer guns
In the future I will be adding a Thunderfire cannon to the Templars force, and some more Vanguard to the Skitarii Maniple.

Note that this isn't intended to be competitive in the slightest (I play Templars for goodness' sake - GW hasn't cared about them for over a decade), just somewhat playable in a manner that is fluffy for both forces. Point out what holes there are in my strategy; what is most likely to fuck me up, what holes should be patched with what, etc.

I thought Memes Workshop named a lot of things with imitated latin for things in the Imperium

but the same principles of pronounciation apply.

*extra shotgun neophyte

>skitarry-eye

You're retarded. That sounds retarded.

Actually now that I say it enough, it does sound like something GW would do.

How does Invisibility effect a unit shooting blasts/ordnance? I don't get how Snapshots effect those kinds of weapons.

>the proper pronunciation of a word for the language High Gothic is based off of is retarded

Begone, Hivescum. Take your filth elsewhere.

How do I arm my troop raptors for my Night Lords? Flamers? Meltas? Plasma Pistols?

I don't think that plasma guns would go over well because they're not assault.

You cannot snapfire blast weapons. You can snapfire an ordnance weapon, but only if it's not a blast (and usually) mounted onto a vehicle. Infantry models cannot move and fire ordanance (again usually). There are a very few expections.

Okay so if your unit is Invisible, then blasts can't shoot at them?

Whether or not it's proper Latin pronunciation is irrelevant. GW is in a position to make a non-retarded sounding name, and they chose Skitarii, which has four syllables, thus sounding retarded. Forge World's "Secutarii" sound much better and properly Latin. Conversely, if we use the common mispronunciation, Skitarii sounds better whilst Secutarii sounds stupid, all because of those four syllables.

correct

Lovely, thank you user.

Good thing Skitarii isn't a latin word.

I bit the bullet and I've somehow ended up with about a dozen metal sisters and an Immolator. Through random Ebay purchases this month.

What is the cutest model?

I need to figure out how to get some Immolator conversion kits. I have 2 sister Rhinos I'd love to switch over to Immolators.

Some squads with melta for tanks, some squads with flamers for light infantry, pick whatever you think your list needs more of.
Plasma pistols aren't worth the cost and unreliability.

ask yourself

what is more likely

that GW did something that made sense
or GW did something that did not make sense

kastellans with baymax face painted on.

Look hivescum, I'm not saying I disagree. The common mispronunciation sounds better. It's more fluid, and it's shorter to say. But High Gothic does what High Gothic is.

Arguing against it is like saying that it's dumb a rock sinks because it would be more convenient if it floated.

That's kinda what I was thinking, too. Cover the basis.

I wonder if it's possible to put jump packs onto the HH models. It's a shame FW doesn't have an assault Marine upgrade kit

Sounds like a cool name for a Roman soldier. We going to disregard Latin inspired pronunciation for all the other fake Latin in the setting too?

Audiobooks all pronounce it as "ski-tar-ee"

Only way outside ebay is to buy the Exorcist kit. Comes with all the sprues except that clear plastic canopy thing. The gunner for the Immolator I bought had no arms so I'm going to put a 3rd party tank turret on top and magnetize the weapons for it.

As does Duncan. youtube.com/watch?v=vLsteSBHEcM

Which is unfortunate, because the more I say "Skitari-eye" the more I like it.

What's something that 40k could learn from other wargames, board games, or even video games?

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Skitarii-Rangers

In the How to Paint video he pronouces it "Ski-tar-ee"

I nailed It and I don't listen to those

Disregard me then. Doesn't really matter because no one plays them anyways.

>the more I say "Skitari-eye" the more I like it.
I have some troubling news for you. You're autistic and a contrarian.

add more chicks

sisters of battle don't count because lol overpriced metal miniatures

Well you can probably get the raptor backpacks to fit with a hobby knife and some greenstuff, it's probably just be easier to buy sanguinary guard jump packs off a bits store if it's MK IV armour you have.

This is exactly the kind of thinking the design of GSC was meant to provoke and why I keep telling people it's a brilliant release from a metagame perspective (other perspectives too, really). To deal with GSC you need to use units that, before, were not optimal. This opens up territory for some Factions that were considered weak to become competitive because the top lists can no longer "play greedy" with their minmaxing or they fold to the new threat of GSC.

If liking history makes me autistic, then I'm Dustin goddamned Hoffman.

I have both sets, so MKIII and IV, though I don't want the angel wings for Night Lords.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Porous rocks float.

Just leave the angel wings off, the reason I said sanguinary guard is because they have MK IV jump packs that are compatible with the HH kits, no conversions required.

I like the Adeptus Arbites, and I'd like to gin up a legit list for them in the newest Kill Team rules. What is the best way to do this?
I was figuring Imperial Guard Veterans for access to carapace armor and shotguns plus numerous loadout options. Sadly no riot shield/shock maul available. I thought about the Crusader in the Inquisatorial Retinue, since he's got a power weapon, storm shield, and carapace armor, but to my understanding, the game doesn't allow allies, so I'm SOL.
Any advice or input on building Arbites in kill team would be appreciated, sirs.

Is that fanmade or official art?

Oh I thoroughly agree, just taking the top-tier stuff and nothing else is boring af. And I've only been collecting for less than a year, and had

fanmade celeng.deviantart.com/art/Celestian-594504815

Ah, ok.

They look totally different than these, though.

Just build a kill team using purely the inquisition rules, inquisitorial henchmen should have plenty of weapons options.

That's because those are MK V jump packs.

Why are the modern Raptor models so shit tier when compared to the old ones?

Damn. For a moment I had hoped that something, anything, was leaked about Codex Bits and Pieces.

I mean, look at these cunts.
They are butt ugly.

Night Raptors use MKV armor? Huh

How does it feel to have such bad opinions?

they're overdone, like most new chaos models.

>actually preferring the modern raptors over the old ones.

How pleb can you be?

Yes, though with a bias towards MK IV parts (MK V is after all a botch job of several types).

MK IV for reference.

I think there's too much detail on the armor plates, but aside from that I actually like the new ones more. I dislike the shape of the old helmets.

I really don't like how the brass trim is all over the place on the new ones though

>liking mr short arms, and his daddy, spazz face
new raptors, best raptors.
>dem chainswords
>thoses sweet jumpacks
>space shoe spikes
no, my friend, it is you who is the pleb here

The helmet along with the mechanical legs were the best bits of the old raptors imo.

I loved the rendition Space Marine had of them.

I shaved off a lot of the trim on mine and it really does improve their looks.

Honestly, I think it's the colors.

Hrm. Now I'm unsure.

I wanted to make my Night Lords able to be played as either 30k or 40k, but in didn't realize how different MKIV was. Still, if MKV is a hodge podge, then MKV jump packs shouldn't be a problem, right? I suppose finding them would be, though

New poster, here, old Raptors were unconditionally better. Like, it's not even a fair comparison.

Weren't they right behind Diaznettes in terms of most requested MTO model?

See, I like how it looks there but not on the model.

>liking the overdesigned, "chaos means that spikes go everywhere, right?", boring as shit design, that has just look like regular Assault marines with simply tons of pointless spikes tacked on.

At least the Old Raptors had a distinct aesthetic going on with their feet, helmet and jump packs.
The new ones look like assault marines with just superfluous crap on them.

I also don't like the weird spikes coming out of the jump pack on the new one.

The real question is...why are you taking anything else?

GW don't want to update any existing army's codex since the new edition is dropping pretty soon and will require a complete overhaul anyway.

The bad news is you have to wait 'til then for the update, the good news is it'll likely make a bunch of currently shitty armies viable again.

Because I have tons of Marines from the HH boxes, and Terror Squads are fluffy. That being said, if I had 50 Raptors instead of foot Marines, you're damn right I'd use every single one.

I can answer that actually.

You want the Raptors in a Raptor Talon which means they aren't starting on the board, so you need something to hold down the fort for the first turn until you start making Reserve rolls.

Yeah you slap together any random armour types and call it MK V so if you want to go ahead and mix different back packs with different armours, just make sure there's no MK VII and MK VIII and it'll work fine for both HH and 40k.

Yeah, the old models are old as fuck, and it shows.
I just wished that the new kit would have retained the aesthetic of the old ones, and refined it further, instead of replacing it with the modern over-designed pieces of shit.

The look they have in Space Marine was fucking perfect. If the new kits were based on this design, I'd buy like 3 boxes of them.
Now, I won't' touch them with a ten foot pole, because their design fucking disgusts me. They are easily among the ugliest of 40k kits in general.

>no MKIII

Hrm. That's a large chunk of my army collection, but that's just means I have to set out and find stuff for the BoP models.

Well MK III isn't usually paired with jump packs so maybe use them as your foot sloggers?