Hiro-approved Discussion Thread

The mod who runs Veeky Forums and /qst/ is still disobeying Hiro's orders and deleting board discussion threads, but that's not surprising.

What do you feel are the biggest problems with moderation on Veeky Forums? What would you like to see changed?

Deleted discussion threads:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50495739/

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50494963/

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50494655/

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50480783/

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50465359/

CYOA threads moved to /qst/

I really wonder if it's the same troll making the thread on every single board.

Looks like it.

Hiro knows. He doesn't care. This thread will go the same way as all the others.

That won't ease his butthurt over the existence of certain other board.

I can't wait for the nth iteration of /quest/ vs anti-/quest/ shitflinging.

The quest problem has already been solved satisfyingly.

I know, but is here to stay, and it's time to accept that.

Anons should shut up about it then.

These threads are cancer manifest in physical form, a waste of a thread, and whatever axe you have to grind about the state of the board is probably really stupid.

in return more 40k threads to fill the void

>whatever axe you have to grind
Spoiler warning: it's quests. /qst/ is perpetually butthurt.

less complaining about other people's fun
more OC

I don't want down the line people declaring DnDfags cancer. We already got 40k being called that despite Veeky Forums usually just being composed of threads of one or the other. We need more content not less.

that's what you get when you give a mouse a cookie

Allowing anything non-dnd or 40k related on Veeky Forums was a mistake.

Apparently the board is shit for running quests and they didn't want it. But whatever, if it doesn't survive it will go, as always.

On to the main topic. I saw a mod ban someone literally because they disagreed with them about 40K lore a day or two ago. That's pretty shitty.

OP is still a whining shit incompetently attempting to conceal his pathetic personal crusade behind the guise of 'discussion', and in doing so preventing actual board discussion taking place. Shut the fuck up and go away OP, you worthless little shit.

Biggest reason that they've given for its shittyness is pretty much "our quests are so fucking bad that people won't read them unless they're stuck on another board".

that's what he gets for being a heretic

it's a containment board they aren't suppose to like it.

No, I understand the concern with that. Quests aren't exactly a huge interest like Veeky Forums or /a/ or whatever. Very few people are even going to look at /qst/, which is a problem for a board that relies on every thread having an 'audience' of at least a certain number of people.

Taking a quick look at the board, it does appear to have a tiny population. I'm not really seeing it move at all.

They should just let it run as an experiment for at least a while though.

No, but it literally means that their quests are shit and people aren't willing to go through the length that is travelling to a board just to read them.

Questfags should just GIT GUD at writing if they want people to read. Or ffs move to a website dedicated to that kind of shit, there are SEVERAL.
Even while they were on Veeky Forums and other boards, quests just got a bigger audience because:
1 - They always used pictures that would draw the attention of people.
(For example, the only quests I ever read were ones that had pictures I thought were cool/cute so I went "oh let's check out if they have more pics like this!")

2 - You couldn't look at two threads in the catalog without stumbling on one. You were forced to look at them. They were everywhere, there was no escape.

Just because there isn't much people interested in quests specifically doesn't justify that the board shouldn't exist and that all the crap should return to Veeky Forums. Take, for example boards like /po/. It barely gets any people. But it's there. People who like it are there. They don't come crying to the mods like toddlers because "muh little traffic".

In the past couple days, I haven't seen too many blatant off-topic threads like
that aren't deleted, so I have no complaints.

Welcome to the Autist Games, where we get to see the same three autists on their parents' laptop bash it out over the same topic as last time. Place your bets now!

I had odds 20 to 1 for this thread devolving into Quest Vs. Anti-quest, as we can all see that's a sucker's bet.

Alright, bets on when this thread gets deleted?
I've got 10 to 1 on reaching 180 posts, 20 to 1 on reaching 240, any takers?

These hours? At least 150 posts before deletion.

>No, but it literally means that their quests are shit and people aren't willing to go through the length that is travelling to a board just to read them.

No, it just means most people will never click on a board called /qst/, because it's not a widely-known interest like /a/ or Veeky Forums or /v/... or even Veeky Forums or /k/.

There could be someone writing some Rushdie level shit in there, and most people would never know, as most people will never even look at /qst/.

>2 - You couldn't look at two threads in the catalog without stumbling on one. You were forced to look at them. They were everywhere, there was no escape.

I literally never noticed them. I mean, I knew they were there, but they were never in such number that they blotted out the screen or got in the way.

There are hundreds of threads on Veeky Forums right now that I have zero interest in. They don't get in my way, though.

>Take, for example boards like /po/.

I doubt that each /po/ thread requires thirty or so dudes to work. It seems more like a Q&A board than anything else.

I don't care where quests go, ultimately, so long as both the people that use them and the people that don't use them are satisfied.

Long time tg goer here. Quests were a fun novelty but quicalypso became an obnoxious cancer

>quicalypso

I'm trying to unpack this word, but I just can't.

Is it supposed to be questpocalypse?

I say fuck over /qst/ even more by removing its blue board status

Hey, it might actually let it be more functional. You'd get the fetish audience along with questfags.

I think if a mod decided that paper cranes didn't belong on /po/ anymore and made a separate board just for paper cranes, people would be right to complain that a specific type of origami was being pushed onto a different board.

Not really an equal comparison.

Paper origami cranes on the paper origami board is on-topic and fine.

Quests were never on-topic for Veeky Forums and only shoved here because old-moot didn't know where else to put them, and 90% of the quests were /a/ or /co/ shit.

What are the odds on "arguement about condensing generals"?

Veeky Forums has a rule against uncalled-for catchphrases and generally posting meme replies.

I would like this shit to get enforced

>Paper cranes were never on-topic for /po/ and only shoved here because old-moot didn't know where else to put them, and 90% of the paper cranes were /a/ or /co/ shit.

I mean, besides having their beginnings on Veeky Forums, both moot v.1 and at least a couple mods ruled that they were Veeky Forums-related, so they were officially on-topic.

I would like to see quests allowed on both Veeky Forums AND /qst/. If everyone chooses to post on Veeky Forums and /qst/ becomes even more of a dead board, then that's strong evidence that Veeky Forums is a better fit for them.

>>I would like to see quests allowed on both Veeky Forums AND /qst/.

That would kinda defeat the purpose of making a containment board for quests.

Well, as we know moot v2 ha trouble keeping Veeky Forums afloat. One very effective fix would be to kill /qst/ and bake it into Veeky Forums. (And do the same for a bunch of other low-traffic boards, merging them with their parent boards.)

>delete high traffic containment boards
>delete low traffic containment boards

Clearly the answer is to delete medium traffic containment boards like Veeky Forums.

What did you expect from nigger who is still butthurt that his animu harem quest didn't have what it takes to survive on its own?

Well, if it was a bad idea, then it was a bad idea.

Considering there's yet to be any hint the decision is going to be reversed, no one seems to think it's a bad idea.

Maybe quests just aren't popular.

If the board doesn't work, it was a bad idea.

Literally a waste of resources.

Well, your right about quests being a bad idea at least.

>no one seems to think it's a bad idea.

Wasn't there a thread with like six hundred posters when the idea was proposed, and all but five or six people said it was a stupid idea?

That seems like a lot of people.

I wonder why. Maybe their content is not just good enough but fuck if I know given that even /r9k/ and /s4s/ get posts.

It works perfectly, it contains the shit that it was set up to contain.

Good point, I should have said

>No one who matters seems to think it's a bad idea

A separate board is a bad idea, it's a waste of space.

I can't comment on whether quests are good or bad because I don't play or attend them or whatever the right word is. I do know that they were never as distracting as people said they were. I don't give a shit about 90% of the threads on Veeky Forums, and that stuff doesn't get in my way, because I'm not retarded. I can find the Infinity and Warmahordes and DropCommander threads just fine.

Huh, is Hiro actually having trouble maintaining the site at its current size?

>A separate board is a bad idea, it's a waste of space.

Indeed, /qst/ should be combined with /s4s/.

I'm so confused; quests are gone. What the fuck are people salty about then? They gone and by that was all that mattered wasn't it?

Hiro has a reputation for whining for donations even when the site doing fine, he did it with the previous site he ran and he has been doing it on Veeky Forums. Of course people who want >muh least favorite board deleted tend to cling to them and demand that the board that triggers them should be deleted to save the bandwith.

Questfags are salty that they can't post quests on Veeky Forums anymore.

Questfags don't want /qst/.

To be fair, they're probably right. There's no point in the board, it exists solely to please about twelve persistent shitposters, one of which may be a mod now.

I dont think they care.

>What do you feel are the biggest problems with moderation on Veeky Forums?
This thread.

See

Questfags hates /qst/ because it finally showed them that their quests aren't very good and are incapable of standing on their own merits.

...Or that they can't survive without a regular audience, and a tiny, obscure board with no traffic doesn't provide that.

The anime Flip Flappers is currently outrageously popular on /a/. If you gave it its own board it would be a ded board within days, however.

>...Or that they can't survive without a regular audience, and a tiny, obscure board with no traffic doesn't provide that.

There's a stick right on page 1 that says quests are moved to their own board. Their regular audience has no excuse to not know where to find them.

>The anime Flip Flappers is currently outrageously popular on /a/. If you gave it its own board it would be a ded board within days, however.

Honestly, I was in favor of making a general /fg/-Forum Games board instead of just a /qst/ board, to cover quests, hunger games, and anything else that might come up like that.

>There's a stick right on page 1 that says quests are moved to their own board. Their regular audience has no excuse to not know where to find them.

Perhaps he is trying to imply that the quests target audience is too dimwitted to figure out where they can find their quests even when the mods are trying to offer them a helping had.

>Their regular audience has no excuse to not know where to find them.

Their regular audience is constantly depleting and has to be topped up, like any audience. A sticky on the top of Veeky Forums doesn't make people want to go to another board.

>/fg/-Forum Games board instead of just a /qst/ board, to cover quests, hunger games, and anything else that might come up like that.

This would have been a much better idea. Or spread quests out over the boards their subject matter pertains to. FFS there couldn't have been more than twenty of them on the board at once, since I never found them remotely obtrusive, so they should've just been dispersed.

>Perhaps he is trying to imply that the quests target audience is too dimwitted to figure out where they can find their quests even when the mods are trying to offer them a helping had.

Alternatively, most people who end up questing are simply not looking for quests. They just see a quest about [thing they like] and they check it out because it's got [thing they like] on it.

Quests clearly aren't a huge, diverse interest like Veeky Forums with an established fanbase in the real world. They're an activity people do relating to Veeky Forums. Having a /qst/ board is like having a separate board for WoD.

>Their regular audience is constantly depleting and has to be topped up, like any audience. A sticky on the top of Veeky Forums doesn't make people want to go to another board.

If their quality isn't high enough to lure in audience on its own then may it is better than they either die off or emigrate to sites that are focused on play-by-post kind of stuff.

so, literally all content on Veeky Forums should go, since none of it is high enough quality to attract audiences on their own seperated from Veeky Forums?

I feel bad moot's doctrine of board aggregation is gone.
One of Veeky Forums's strongest points was that it wasn't just 40k or D&D.

If the powers that be decide to split up the board and those smaller boards don't have strength so survive on their own then yes, people there should migrate to sites that focus on that content.

Most content on Veeky Forums is Veeky Forums-related, though.

The powers that be said quests were Veeky Forums related too. They literally moved all quests to Veeky Forums because they were so Veeky Forums related.
Still do, in fact. The official line isn't that quests were moved because they weren't Veeky Forums, but that they were too populous.

That's a really shitty attitude, user.
All we'd have then is D&D and warhammer.

There was no hint the decision to kick quests was going to happen for eight to ten years.
It seems, objectively, the only reason the board was made was that the new owner didn't realize people who hated quests were constant shitposters. Or, they didn't want to deal with their constant shitposting.

Underage pantsu quest #5187 is surely more questionable than whatever populates the catalog right now.

Sounds like the reason why /vp/ was originally created. Sure pokemen are/were /v/ related but if not moved to their own board they would had ended up dominating /v/ to a degree that the moot felt that it was time for them to move to their own board.

And as you can see for good or ill /vp/ is still separated from /v/.

A. nice exaggerated strawman
and
B. not according to the official stances.

Yeah, it probably won't change until we get another new moot.
And that's assuming questfags are autistic enough to shitpost about this for the ten years that takes like antiquestfags were. Which they probably are not.
In the end, /qst/ is probably here to stay, but it is still Veeky Forums related.

Quality is not enough to bring in posters.

The biggest boards on Veeky Forums aren't the biggest because of quality content, you dumbass. You think /b/ is quality content?

The size and traffic of a board is determined purely by how many people know what its subject matter is and already care about that subject matter. Veeky Forums would not even have 1% of its current users if everyone that would potentially browse had to learn what Veeky Forums is from Veeky Forums itself.

>B. not according to the official stances.
Because they just didn't know where else to put them, it was nothing but a emergency solution, aside from these quests that really originated here.

They knew where to put them. Veeky Forums. That's why they got moved here.
And it does suck we lost our Veeky Forums born quests because of some whiners.

Basically:
> have interest in ((topic))
> see Questthread pertaining to ((topic))
> see it has a bunch of replys, suggesting ((relevance)) and ((content))

Guys jump into quests usually by accident due to what I just outlined. I have not ever found myself thinking "hey, maybe i wanna participate in a quest!" and then going to /qst/,
I only ever have stumbled over quests ( like Voidquest some 5 or 6 years ago ) by accident as stated above.
Now, this accidental traffic and exposure in a medium activity board like Veeky Forums will continuously fill crowds for quests.

Having quests confined to /qst/, in my perception, has essentially eliminated any accidental traffic and any accidental posting of people who just were interested in ((topic)), as well as simply marginalizing and minimizing exposure of Quests to a crowd which might be interested.

I do remember voidquest, it was a shitposting fest of dozens of people debating course of action and next moves, and the questmaster was intensely motiviated via the attention he received as well as the excitement everybody felt.

Nowadays, on /qst/, questmasters receive little to no input, sometimes quests go entire days with a post or two only - which is essentially killing every buzz and prevents momentum from ever building up.

Yeah, this is pretty much the truth, as evidenced by the sharp drop in quest posters with the move to /qst/.
Turns out a huge amount of quest traffic was from people who were otherwise uninterested in quests but saw one they liked.

Tbh quests should had been moved to /b/.

Did they actually ask Veeky Forums?

Nah, they should have just stayed in their home boards, whatever those might be.

From what I remember: no, they decided that Veeky Forums has more quests than other boards and thus they decided that they should stuff in all quests here.

Nope, they just made the announcement, and ignored when most of the announcement thread was people saying it was fucking dumb.
The quest removal was almost entirely because of /qa/ and the board that came before it.

>have interest in ((topic))
>see Questthread pertaining to ((topic))
>see it has a bunch of replys, suggesting ((relevance)) and ((content))

This is why quest should have just been placed wherever they were most topical.

Original concept quests should be on Veeky Forums.

So we're even now.

wait wait wait, are we talking about asking Veeky Forums about moving quests away or asking Veeky Forums about moving quests here?

Because this
was about moving away.

They also didn't ask about moving quests here.

basically, yes,
any Veeky Forums related quest should be on Veeky Forums, while
> animewaifu
> harem
> wat do
quests should go to /a/,
and every board should be allowed RISK threads

simple as that.

It's not even if they do something without Veeky Forums's desire to twice.
The move of anime quests here was disliked by Veeky Forums, and the move of anime quests away was disliked by Veeky Forums. Both changes had way more detractors than supporters.

Basically, to sum up, this entire quest fiasco is literally all /a/'s fault.
I just feel like the ones made by Veeky Forums posters should be here, and the ones made by /a/ posters should be on /a/.
Because Veeky Forums posters CAN be hella weeby, but they tend to include mechanics and shit with that weebness. See BESM.

If they made a board for basically anything on this board other than D&D, Warhammer 40k, and *maybe* GM/play advice, it would die. Warmachine? Dead. Exalted? Dead. World-building? Dead.

The fact that something would die if you split it off doesn't mean it should be kicked off, and it's just an arbitrary criterion you made up to justify your hatred of quests.

MTG might also survive.
But yeah, fucking everything else would be dead.

Even D&D would die.

Have you seen D&D threads? Ded as fuck.

>Warmachine?
Traditional game, different thing.
>Exalted?
Traditional game, different thing.
>World-building?
... let them stay.

that's actually right.

Basically, without the combined content, all boards would be as slow as official boards on the topic.
As in, you post and then wait a week and hope you get a single reply.

MTG gets how many threads per day?

>The powers that be said quests were Veeky Forums related too.

And now the powers that be decided they aren't.

And they haven't backed down on that yet. Guess you're the one thats wrong right now.

but user, quests are officially Veeky Forums. Arguing against that is arguing against the people who literally decide what things are and are not Veeky Forums.

nah, it's a /v/ and Veeky Forums scenario. Still Veeky Forums related.

this,
cross pollination of related interests is important to keep ideas fresh and running, while compartementalization and segregation will stifle diversity and creativity as well as depriving crowd traffic, thus killing any single topic board.

Veeky Forums thrives on many different threads and ideas bouncing around, spawning new ideas etc,
/qst/ diaspora has effectively lessened Veeky Forums, there's no question about that.

But user don't you realize that it doesn't count when the powers that be decide against something that I like?