How do you deal with incest in your games?

How do you deal with incest in your games?

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1095-8312.2008.01110.x/abstract
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb6TR791664
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Friend has charachter born of sibling incest uses the excuse of having to keep the bloodline pure.
>GM allows it

I need better friends.

If there is anything kinky I want to insert into my character's backstory I usually phrase it incredibly subtle and never make it a real topic. It's there just for me, not to make others feel uncomfortable.

gracefully

>guy was so inbred he couldn't even talk.

When I am not sure what to deal with something I ask my sis for advice.

Good you should ask the opinions of the people that cares about you.

you cheeky cunt

That's not how you talk to your sister.
What did mom teach you?

one time I had a player in a super hero game make a character who was in a relationship with his sister.

I allowed it and let him believ that everything was fine. Then the other players slowly got to know her and figured out she was totally dependent on him, and he was super controlling and the relationship was extremely unhealthy and he forced her into it. He wasn't around for much longer.

1D10 damage on a failed Will save.

The one time it might have been an actual case I made clear it wasn't.
I have one villain obsessed with her parents in a 'I must surpass you' sense, but to actually have her bone her dad in a Morgana/Arthur sort of deal would be over the line.
It's fun to tease, but I'm not enough of a degenerate to actually encourage it.

I had very, very seriously considered making it a centerpiece of my character's story. But I wouldn't have been able to ever have it come up without making everyone else at the table uncomfortable, hinting at it would have been satisfying to me but would have absolutely made me a That Guy, and if it was strictly, entirely all kept in my head then it's more or less a moot point.

I may be a kinky bastard but I'm not dragging people down with me.

You are a good man user.

>implying that having incestuous parents doesn't give one magic powers

only in animoos

But user, that's a common long-term strategy among the nobility. How are you goign to keep your lands "in the family"? You have a dynasty to preserve!

That being said, I COULD see incest brought up as a legitimate story element used in the classical, anagnoristic sense- say, a shameful secret of the royal family or something- but mine would have been pretty clearly fetishbait so I don't have that excuse.

even them weren't degenerate enough to encourage sibling incest.

I don't include it, I veto any attempts by my players to include it, and if they kick up a fuss then they get the boot.

Simple.

Exclusively as a punchline, used for mocking either small-town mutants or inbred aristocracy.

The creator of the Forgotten Realms setting has gone on the record as saying that there is no incest taboo in the forgotten realms.

So if you're playing any kind of DANDY game you're likely using FR and thus incest MUST, for role playing reasons, be treated as okay and normal by everyone at the table.

at least that's what onnichan tells me

FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY

that's the only right answer folks

Okay I 'll take it, source?

It's only OK if they are twins.

Are you saying the youngest sister should be left all alone while her elder siblings are having all the fun?
That's just cruel.

Family bonding session

The guy is a one man Egyptian dynasty

it never comes up in my games

What about incest in self defence though?

Pretty much this. It only ever comes up in that some nobles are a bit off/weird from too many generations of inbreeding.

Only had it happen like a couple times. Always kind of weird but we just tried to keep on playing.

>tried

You know, it's actually true to an extent. Best fertility and get-alongness happens in couples who are 3rd to 4th cousins, according to research.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1095-8312.2008.01110.x/abstract
>Our results, drawn from all known couples of the Icelandic population born between 1800 and 1965, show a significant positive association between kinship and fertility, with the greatest reproductive success observed for couples related at the level of third and fourth cousins.

How?

What if she/he was adopted?

I like to imagine he sounded like Beaker from the muppets.

I told both players to keep their attention on the game and their hands to themselves. We only play once a week and it's not like they don't live together.

The one time it came up, it was not a big deal at all, since we're nobles and not really closely related.
Marrying your third cousin once removed isn't even worth raising an eyebrow for.

Eh, little bit of incest doesn't ruin a game.

Ayyyyyyyy!

UH.
>Third cousin once removed
>Your closest relative is your great-great-grandparent, who is their great-great-great grandparent
I don't think it's even incest at that point, to be honest.

Looks like Dungeon Meshi.

If you can't keep it in your pants, keep it in the family.

It's a very large family that is pretty closely tied together. Think the Freys from ASoIaF. The old bastard in charge has more kids than he can count, and they collectively have more kids than they can count, and a significant majority of nobles in other families have mothers and aunts who are from that family.
I mean, there is a name change involved at least, so it's very minimally incestuous.

>not blood related

She's my sister and my daughter.

Only time its ever come up in a game I'm in is when my character has saved a pair of would-be villains from going full retard and killing their own mother/joining the darkside because obviously society would never condone their twin knobbing action.

Fortunately my character has all the ethical standards of Wernher Von Braun and told them they could fuck until the cows came home for all he cares and he'd cover for them, so long as they didn't produce any retardedincestbabies (And he's now working on a fleshwarping solution to let them get around that, its either that or adoption for them)
Needless to say, the descriptor 'Loyal' doesn't even begin to cover what the Sin Twins would do to help my character if he got in a tight spot, they're good allies.

Why did you impregnate your mom?

Were your parents related? Like, before they were married?

>I ask my sis for advice.

This is pretty much the situation in Iceland. They're doing OK.

wat

Tell me more.

Many a man before you, in his dreams, has shared his mother's bed.

Is he a time traveller or immortal?

I think he's just that depraved.

I think he loves his kids.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fb6TR791664

To my knowledge, neither. There are drugs involved to make his daughters fertile as early as possible, though, but this does result in the death of one.

In a game series full of horrible people, he is by a wide margin the worst.

Absolutely not. He's a depraved, manipulative sexual maniac who is never shown to have any interest in his kids until they're old enough to have sex with, and even then he only has interest in them until he grows bored with them. Then he assaults the next one.

Had a mother-son situation that was known, and a father-daughter situation that was partially known. Different games, different groups.

>implying Tomaru doesn't properly love his kids
Did they not come to him? Were they not smiling during their pregnancy? All women desire Tomaru.

It doesn't really come up

There are cases of it in a couple of noble families, though, if the players were to ever look into it. They probably won't.

I think he meant the quote about incest.

Primary antagonist is in love with his sister. His entire shtick is that he's committing horrible atrocities in the search for a way to bring her back from the dead, and in the process, wrecking up the world that allowed her to die in the first place as much as he can.

Only two other people know for sure that this is his actual motive though, and both of them realise it's incredibly unhealthy and shameful, but they're kind of too far in to just leave, and still carry loyalty to him despite their personal feelings.

Essentially, I'm not gonna be portraying incest in a good light.

Nah. He basically realised that he was a protagonist and thus couldn't actually fail at anything and was contractually irresistible to all women. He doesn't have to care about consequences, so he went full psycho on everyone in his life.

>Tomaru is a cruel, depraved, and inarguably psychopathic man who does everything and anything only to satisfy himself. He completely lies to Kagura, continues to have sex with other girls and even marries Tomoe despite his promise to her, simply because she was heir to the Sawagoe family. Despite the fact that he claims that his half-sister Moegi is his 'favorite', he still uses her love toward him and forces her along with Kagura, Arisu, and Hatsuka into prostitution. Even though Tomoe is his legal wife, it is implied that he doesn't treat her like one and abuses her and the Sawagoe Family's fortune.

Tomaru also failed as a father as most of his male children such as Shun and Makoto resent him, although it is said that he was fond of Ayumu, who is unique among all the offspring of it being known that he was acknowledged, and he impregnates many of his female children almost regardless of age as Hajime Inou died because her body wasn't developed enough to go through childbirth. He is shown not to care for the suffering of others, and he physically abused his son Kei up to the point that the boy suffered psychological trauma.

Although he's a successful doctor and business man, Tomaru also has several shady businesses such as prostitution and some more which resulted in massive debts that were sent to Snow Radish.

I don't. I leave the group, block whatever forms of communication I had with that group, then proceed to forever ignore whatever advances of reconnecting that group has.

Because whenever somebody brings this shit up, it's not because they think the incest would make a good plotpoint, heck it's probably not even because of their fetish, but because they're compulsively contrarian and just try to bring up a discussion that nobody asked for.

Fuck you for making this thread and making me reply.

I incest they have close family relations.

"He has a condition where he never physically ages, so as long as he is not killed violently or by disease, he will live forever. He is also a multi-billionaire from his inheritance from his father and his excellent management of the "Radish" chain of restaurants."

but...

Enthusiastically.

What the fuck is with these threads.

Do you fuckers actually sit at the table and fantasize about incest? In front of other people?

well obviously we don't fantasise about incest in front of our family, that would be weird.

Incest is fine as long as it's strictly between non-related people dressed as wizards.

I like to think Dragons are crazy incestuous.

Nobody on Veeky Forums actually plays games so it's okay.

Someone's never read Rant

Would you provide a link.

It's a book, goddammit

See, if he was "Just" an immortal with a massive, MASSIVE incest kink, that would be fine.

But in actuality he's a monster.

What's about besides incest?

A monster in the bedroom.

The pedo stash is really making the picture.

Sounds like my average CK2 game.

The big reveal is that people are attaining immortality by going back in time and killing their parents to prevent their own birth while one guy is becoming superhuman by going back in time and raping all of his female ancestors

It's written by the guy what did Fight Club

But once you get to 4th cousins, the genetic sameness is the same as unrelated people.

>Got the immortal evento in two consecutivos games
>See how tragic it actually is as all my children start dying of old age.

I like the way you play

>Realize that your children wanted to murder you
>Continue fucking your daughters / your son's wives to bring back some stability into the bloodline.
>Occasionally cull all the males capable of inheriting and have the Pope on my side (Somehow) despite owning the entirety of the planet except for Rome.

That's silly, sibling incest is the only truly universal cultural taboo. It's an economical and biological disaster.
Magic and flying dragons I can admit, but that thing goes against paradigms that shouldn't disappear in fantasy.

Yeah, because no one in fantasy is every the product of a prince and his sister being married to insure the royal blood line remains pure.

Farlyn is not for sexual!

I treat it like G.R.R.M. Reaper does.
With all the possibility of derangements and crippling mutations. As well as early age onset of late state aliments.

But at my table Incest has only come up when playing Exalted: Dragon Blooded. Other than that hasn't been a thing players have engaged in, or mentioned other than wondering if certain nobles were inbred.

Or if certain weirdo communities were all from the same family tree.

It's hardly a universal taboo. Egypt after the Roman annexation is the most well known example of it, and it was practiced by a significant portion of the common folk for at least a couple of centuries. We don't know how far back in history it goes as census records are spotty before that time, but the social benefits must've outweighted the effects of inbreeding even if you weren't a part of the royal family.

Same way I deal with a lack of drama in a given story; I have the BBEG kill off the offending side characters Uncle Owen-style.

That's because Egypt had stupid inheritance laws that fragmented the land into unusable parcels if you didn't marry your siblings.

There's not a huge amount of deformations from the first few years of inbreeding - the problem is when you're looking at inbreeding over 100+ generations you tend to end up with walking balls of recessive traits, all overgrown teeth, undergrown chins, often made worse by the tendency of nobles to drink more potent alchohol during pregnancy rather than drinking low alchohol content table wines and beers to overcome water contamination problems.

Honestly almost all "nobles are deformed due to inbreeding" stuff is fetal alchohol syndrome and crack baby shit more than the inbreeding.

(which admittedly would be worse in a setting with weird magical drugs and drinks to do during pregnancies - passive skooma would probably lead to some really fucked up kittens)