>The Black Library (BRING A CLOWN HOME WITH YOU):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)#The_Legions
war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1446
warhammer-community.com/2016/12/05/no-one-suspects-the/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Genestealer Supremacy

Second for Resin (not Finecast) SoB Canoness confirmed.

third for Sisters are back baby!

This game needs more nukes.

Reminder that it's not going to end well.

10th for T-Sons beeing ork tier

Reposting this from the end of the last thread, hope that's okay.

I've been painting some IG up after seeing my friends pretty cool looking Tau, Space Wolves, and Tyranids armies and after watching a few games I was thinking about joining in on the actual dice rolling. I have a Leman Russ, a Cadian Command Squad, two Chimeras, and two Shock Troop squads. I was also thinking about picking up the start collecting box. Would this make a viable army? If not, what would be smart to add?

Nothing is Ork tier, not even Orks.

I know that 'picture related' is that weird typical genestealer armour, but it looks bit like a Terminator Armour.

Imagine that.

Genestealers in Terminator Armour.

"our troop choice is overpriced and sits in elite slot" is definitely ork tier

>My favourite Traitor Legion are the Night Lords

I've been out the scene for a while, what's all this about traitor legions? We be 3rd Ed. again?

>overpriced
Not compared to Orks, not compared to Orks.

maybe. at least 3rd didn't have finecrap kits though

it takes all formations form other chaos suplements, adds maybe 2 new ones, which will be probably impossible to field like (3-8 units of termies, this formations get "random usless buff" if you take maximum amount of units - something like this was in new Wrath of Magnus).
Also mostly fluffy upgrade for legions: new spells and artifacts.

Holy shit, someone actually wore a suit with a fedora.

At least he made the effort. Could use a shave though.

He looks alright, mostly. But considering the fact that they're gaming, he's probably overdressed.

Honestly as long as Iron Warriors aren't every autists dream army again I think I'll manage.

I'm assuming only Tsons rules and models are known atm?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)#The_Legions

All rules are known, fool. Death Guard confirmed for best now and forever praise Nurgle (PBUH)

Anyone know where to get some cheap jump packs or cheap conversion methods? I got betrayal at calth and wanna turn all my tacticals into assault marines but not pay an arm and a leg

Im slowley becoming more and more happy with the alpha legions rules

most are summered here
war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1446

WB get possessed as troops though.

genestealer cults - the chaos edition

Cheers lads, as I said haven't really been paying much attention to 40k.
Nice to see CSM aren't total shit any more.

I mean you can't hate the guy for actually trying to wear the full ensemble instead of the classic fedora, opened button-down shirt over some edgy fantasy art undershirt and shorts combo.

I still think fedoras should stay in the 20s where they belong but the guy at least made the effort.

>WB get possessed as troops though.

Possessed are good though.

wut?

since when? dont they have that stupid roll a mutation every turn still?

Comments?

every assault phase.

Get a Favoured of Chaos formation, a DP and 3-5 units of Possessed.

They get:

Baleful Nexus of Warp Energies: Units of Possessed from the Favoured of Chaos that are within 12" of their Daemon Prince at the start of their Fight sub-phase receive the benefit of all three Mutations from their Mutation table, rather than only one.

traitors hate made them okay... just but they are to random to be effective.

How is this too random?

that sinks points away from more noise marines you crazy crazy man.

>Nobs in a Naught Tier

Hey, he asked. Don't you have space cocaine to snort out of the asshole of a daemonette?

as i said its okay, but a large points sink, also how could i make them for slaaanesh? kitbash deamonettes or dryads?

I haven't played Guard in years, so I'm getting back into it as well. I have no idea what works well anymore in this edition, but I've been watching a lot of battle reports and I see a lot of similar things.

Commander Pask in a Punisher with another Punisher
Chimeras
Company Command Squads with Astropaths casting Invisibility
Heavy Weapons Squads especially with Lascannons
At least 2 Infantry squads combined with a Commissar
Artillery pieces like Basilisks and Wyvern Batteries
Vendettas

I'm sure Leman Russ tanks are still good, but I've read talk about how they aren't good enough for the points they cost. So with what you currently have, you could do a Company Command Squad, 2 squads of Veterans in Chimeras, and Leman Russ as a Heavy Support. The problem is that your Company Command Squad doesn't really have much to do, or anywhere to go, so you might be better off not using one until you have more units.

Personally what I would do, if I were you, is get the start collecting box, which comes with 10 men and a Leman Russ. I would take a Tank Commander in a Leman Russ as your HQ. You have to take at least 1 other tank with the Tank Commander, so take the second Leman Russ from the starting box and put them together. Then create an Infantry Platoon with your Command Squad and 20 Guardsmen. Give the Platoon Command Squad the Chimera, then with the new 10 guys you get from the starting collection, make them Veterans and put them in a Chimera.

Possessed have crab claw arms, just use those and paint them Pink armoured and light purple skinned.

Oh I forgot, the starting box also comes with a Commissar Lord I believe. You could use him as a Commissar for the 20 men combined Infantry Squad.

You already have a legal CAD with transports for your troops. It's not "good" but it's playable.

If you want the best build you have to start buying artillery like Wyverns and tons of infantry to make Conscript squads and weapons platoons.

If you just want an army that doesn't lose every game, start buying more Leman Russes. The Start Collecting box is good because all the models will be useful, but the thing about it is you have to field them in that specific combo to get their bonus. If you remove the tank from them to add to your regular army, you can't use the Start Collecting box as its own detachment anymore. Which isn't a real problem as you can just add the infantry to your army as well, but you lose the special abilities the box gives.

If you buy the Start Collecting box you can field your army in two detachments: what you have now, and the Start Collecting box.

I wish- the (you) edition

dont worry Doomrider will hook me up once hes back

But, most likely, that single model is being used to test the waters to see if there are actually as many SoB (potential) players as there are people claiming to want them on the internet
So, while you certainly aren't forced to buy it if you don't like it, it's not just a situation of "I can just ignore that model and there will not be consequences"

which is the worry as ill get 2/3, any news if its just gw exclusive or will lgs get them?

So you're saying 2020 they're gonna make a comeback?

When will the Imperial Agents Codex drop?

So I was just watching some painting videos and got to a WB one, and Duncan is wearing an Ultramarines shirt in it.

GW just loves rubbing it in, don't they?

Saturday pre order, out 17th.

Made to order, apparently, so probably the same as them.

Alright, cool thanks! So in terms of artillery what would be best? I really like the look of Basilisks, but I'm not sure how how they hold up when compared to manticores and wyverns.

bullying word weenies is a universal constant

Not sure I buy that, if they've got sisters ready to go for sometime Q1 next year (as rumoured) then the timescale's too short for this canoness to be testing the waters. They can't do all the design etc. that fast, the plastic sisters are either pretty much done right now and will be coming out no matter how the canoness sells, or they're not and they won't.

I feel like it's a teaser, to get hype going.

Do we know if there will be vehicles in the Imperial Agents codex, or it'll be just the single units so that you can easily add an ordo ally to your army?

Because if there are wouldn't that mean there is the possibility of putting the Sisters in a Drop Pod for a melta/flamer alpha strike?

Just starting up in 40k. Noise Marines or Jeanstealer Cult?

Jeanstealers

If you want to use the Noise Marines you'll want to buy/download this weekend the Traitor Legion supplement, that makes them actually worth playing as an army you'll still need the CSM codex
Other than that, it depends on what you want
Emperor's Children are a rather balanced army, able to do well both shooting and melee. However, even if rather elite, you'll still need a good number of models to play them to their full power, and the models are pretty dated
Genestealer Cult has awesome models and a really good melee focused horde army. The horde part, however, will mean that you will need a ton of models, that for a new player can result pretty difficult to model/paint

Or it's a companion to imperial agents in the same way the imperial space marine (and the resin Crimson Fist commander) was a companion to the retro books released at the same time.

I doubt they'll have non-dedicated pods. I'd be surprised if they had non-dedicated rhinos or chimeras.

It'll probably just be the crystallization of what the Daemon Hunters/Witch Hunters books were trying to do.

They cost as much as two regular space marines, and all they get is a weak invuln save and slightly better melee. They don't even have grenades or boltguns. Just look at what loyalists get compared to these guys for their role(vanguard vets with discount power weapons, death company, wulfen) and weep.

Explain to me how to used Possessed without automatically losing to scatterbikes and similar fast shooty builds that are popular in the meta.

You can have what the Inquisiton codex has now, Valkyries, Chimeras, Rhinos, Razorbacks and Land Raiders, plus Corvus Blackstars.

Dreadknights are also available, apparently.

Is footslogging normal? At my GW I see a lot of people slogging their armies about rather than in transports, and I find that a bit odd. Is it just because we play on 4x4 tables, or is it normal?

Whenever I watch a batrep I always see either Rhinos, Chimeras or whatever else, but not in store.

I'm more pumped for the tidbit of Henchmen reworks, where it sounds like they'll work like Drones / Wolves and I could bring a Priest and a couple Crusaders to act as Stormshield support.

>jeanstealers
>a bunch of aliens invade JC Pennies

IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME THEY WILL NOT STEAL OUR PANTS

4x4 is a HUGE change to the meta

Marine footslog happens if they plan on defending, I play orkz so I always footslog one way or the other

Small tables would be the cause of that. 4x4 is cramped even in 1000 point games.

Yeah, I'm at least interested in what they'll do. Though rather than sister nonsense, I'd like to see more inquisition/henchman released.

The old third edition pewter models are amazing, but so limited.

>denying the glory of the four-armed emperor

OK then. I ally in Chimerae for my Admech which helps a bunch, but I dont think many people want to pay £15 for a literal metal box or metal tube.

Yeah, it sucks, especially when we only have one 4x4 in the whole shop because one table is displaying the starter sets, one is painting and one is half taken up with the new Blood Bowl display.

Do they seriously think some pretty models will attract more business than people actually having fun?

Enjoy reassimilation

Nth for Space Marines have horse cocks!

Take it to wherever /furry/ is.

Confirmed that Imperial Agents includes:
>Inquisition,
>Officio Assassinorum,
>Deathwatch,
>Grey Knights,
>Adepta Sororitas,
>Cult Mechanicus,
>Adeptus Astra Telepathica,
>Aeronautica Imperialis,
>Legion of the Damned

Again, it's faces. And trying to bullshit by comparing it to Shakespeare is terrible of you.

Source.

Show your citations. Give me another example of literature where the author used the word "Equine" to describe anything other than either a horse, or an enormous dick.

I thought it was going to have Custodes and Sisters of Silence?

Adepta Sororitas

Tech-Priest Enginseers and Servitors

Battle Psykers & Astropaths

Priest

Deathwatch Kill Teams and Corvus Blackstars

Grey Knight Terminators & Nemesis Dreadknights

The Legion of the Damned

Assassins

Inquisitors & Valkyries

yeah that's awful

you can maybe be the positive change in your store if you tell them though

My store only had 3 wargaming tables, after a month of coming in regularly and playing, I ended up chatting with the owner, on a Saturday I had off I helped him build 4 more

a year and a half later he bought more and expanded the shop, now eight tables and we always have them full on game night

>Cult Mechanicus

Wanna know how I know you're making shit up?

Read for yourself

Hahah.

WD did say so, but things change.

Probably why it didn't have the Canoness in there either.

nor the winter board

also Matt is a WAACfag apparently.

Oh fucking excellent. So I still need to do dumb allies bullshit to get AdMech in one list.

So it's a matter of determining which source is more correct, WD or WC.

It's one or two units, not the entire fucking codex. And it's probably the Enginseer and Servitors.

I might ask, but it's a small inner-city GW so I doubt there would be room.
So far I'm planning 30k Mechanicum, so at least I won't have as many models on the table as my opponents tend to. The GSC guy is the worst, he has about 14 vehicles in his normal list, plus the usual hordes of infantry.

Man, rejoice they didnt squish half of admech into 1/9 of a book. If there's anything in there besides an enginseer and his helpers i will be surprised.

What was so fucking restrictive about 1 HQ 1 troop for allying in shit you want?

I play Admech and you can all get the fuck away from my bloops, but feel free to take as many Electro Priests as you want.

WC is more recent, so assume that until proven otherwise, is my opinion.

Skitarii don't have HQs.

So to take allies, they have to include 2 troops as a tax.

Reposting from last thread:

Traitor Legions has given me inspiration to finish my Word Bearer's host: I'm trying to come up with some unique markings/insignia/adornments to put on their armor, especially stuff I can do to personalize squads and give them a sort of common 'theme'. I'm thinking of faking some of the Colchis star markings like Duncan talks about in the HH video for painting word bearers, and doing a similar marking for each squad (Each Squad being a small subset of the Word Bearers cult, who do chaos rituals together for religious purposes).

Any ideas of what else I can do to personalize my marines?

When I first made my Mechanicum list it was 10 models, then I decided that 1 Thanatar is enough and managed to get 22 models.

Pfft. Cry some more. Every Imperial Faction update is an update to your codex.

Filthy goddamned Xenos don't have 8 books worth of options working together. Tau is literally a faction made of allies in the fluff, and they have zero allies.

Are those Sisters in the first image new?

Matt is a WAACfag

I am planning at least 20 adsecularis, so I will have quite a few, but yeah. How did you find the Thanatar in your games? I feel that with a little cybertheurgy it could be an unkillable monster of death.