>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

>Where to order DFC from
waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Other urls found in this thread:

gameplusproducts.com/product/flagship-gaming-bag-grey/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Those sterns....
So lewd!

the hottest stern

someone has been overloading the engines.

I'd overload that Beijing's engines, if you know what I mean.

I dont get it. Why is everybody talking about these games on the internet like they are a massive thing but I havent seen them plated once and I have frequented a dozen game stores.

Depends where you live. Drop isn't as big as some of the other wargames. The whole operation is like 5 man.

I think it is also much bigger in Europe due to distributor problems in the US.

Dropfleet is still in limbo while it sorts out its kickstarter problems. It has a lot of appeal and press because it was written by Andy Chambers and Dave.

Still waiting on mine to arrive.....

They're new.

Speaking of Chambers, is he a permanent member of the Hawk crew or did he just rock up to write the Dropfleet rules?

>Max Thrust every turn

>tfw you read the KS comments so often you have a mental list of the most angry and loud mouthed fags
>tfw you share a hobby with these people

I think he just helped write the rules.

He's just the writer, much like in the lamented Starship troopers game. Best fucking 28mm scifi game ever.

>tfw I've been dying to get into a spaceships game since catching the tail end of BFG but I live in the US

You damn brits have it easy.

so this shit is balanced or suck as dzc ?

What's wrong with dzc?

>have to make an account to use the army builder
For what purpose.

Game is pupular in UK/Europe - fairly small in the US. Similar to how KoW/Mali/smaller games fair. Depends on location (FLSG had 20 player Kings of War tournament last month, but for it's life can't get more than 4 people for Warmachine).

no one plays this shit in EU seriously no one - apart from fat fuck dave

Hello Sheltari

If you go to his facebook he commented on the rules and showed some of the Scourge he was building. Pretty neat!

>all these KS fags acting as if Hawk outright stole their money
Do they honestly think they're never going to get their stuff?

Why'd we suddenly get a bunch of haters again? Had none for like the last 3 threads? Any thoughts?

Battleship xp time!

Due to their proportionately larger signatures, I find myself spending two turns in Silent Running to get position before trying to light up a target.

Beijing-sama seems like she really needs to get every weapon firing. If she's not using her lasers or missiles, she has about the same firepower as a heavy cruiser. Those CAW really shine though.

Not a fan of the Scourge BBs over their BCs. Full Cloak is just an astounding ability.

PHR BBs and BC or CAs serve entirely different roles.

I actually think the Diamond is not really that huge a deal compared to the supercarrier. Bloom means you'll be the most visible thing in the Shatari fleet, and easily focused down even if you do kill a cruiser per shot.

>fagbook group is 70% bitching about the KS and 40% fuckawesome ships

What's the other -10%? A solid understanding of rules, tactics, and strategy?

Probably honestly about 50% awesome ship conversions, paintjobs
30% bitching like mad (NOTE: I haven't gotten my shit yet either, but talking as if this was a calculated betrayal is pretty over the top vs merely 'shit didn't go as planned)
20% newbie questions of newness.

The Resistance Fleet

My battle ship has arrived I magnetized it too!

>Battleship

Remember that you lose signatures when you finish your turn on standard orders.

So Bloom weapons only give you a hot sig if you also use a special order on the turn you fire.

Bit of a slack jaw, don't you think?

Yeah it is a bit weird looking with the magnet

user, I'd recommend either a stronger magnet or some other forms of support, or just glue it.
Maybe a spine of wire extending from the body into a drilled hole in the jaw?

Sadly I'm not that good at modeling... thanks for the suggestion

That's clarified: You only lose signature when you BEGIN your turn. It's part of the typos changed when they did some rules rewriting as part of player feedback phase probably.

There's no way for a ship that fired a bloom weapon to not be at a spike currently.

That makes sense. I am glad that was an error.

Also makes the St Pete a little more enticing now that the Avalon gets a spike.

weaponized mass haulers and space garbage trucks never.

by saying bloom weapon can't avoid their spike, you mean for the turn right? or is that because bloom slaps on a major spike?

Nah, bloom adds a minor spike.

while they would probably be aesthetically pretty cool, it would break the fluff so hard as to be nearing 40k levels of inconsistency.

I had to.

>alien space resistance that made a huge refugee fleet to escape the Scourge and have refitted their civilian ships for wars
Dreams are still real.

Wark wark wark

>The Resistance Fleet is just the space station kits, with an extra sprue for engines and guns
>Survive by using ablative habitats

I'm surprisingly OK with this.

look its not resisting if you flee like a little bitch. Any faction of anything which is in a bunch of ships that ran away from the scourge cant be the resistance because they aren't by definition resisting.

Fine then.
>alien ghetto UCM that made a huge refugee fleet to escape the Scourge and have refitted their civilian ships for wars
Same thing in practice.

Have you got any experience with the tokyo or new york BBs?

Thing is, a fleet of refugees that escaped the scourge exists. It's called the UCM.

"guys r8 my phr fleet, i think the perseus is a really good ship and orions suck"

>phone beeps in the middle of the night
>Shipment Notification
AAAAAAAA

>having a bunch of habitable planets to retreat to
Not shit enough. I'm talking guys who hang around terrible star systems with terrible planets, only staying put long enough to take the resources they need and fucking off as soon as their probes encounter somewhere new. Ruthless survivalists who've only survived this long through determination, planning and pure luck.

progress continues on the Daemon, it's probably my favourite dropfleet model and the main reason I picked up the game.

When will my KS package come?

Thursday

>tfw Thursday is my birthday.

What do people think is the best way of painting their ships?

I know that I'll probably be doing brushwork as neither the money nor space for airbrushing things, but I'm fairly rusty so I'm not sure what the best ways of doing things will be.

Looking pretty good, user!
Paint looks a bit rough, could probably deal with a layer of matte or satin varnish.

Drybrush everything.

>guys, guys
>retail is cheaper than the KS
When will this meme end.

New update from Hawk, not gonna repost the whole thing but here's the big points.

>285 pledges left
>ALL of those are Commodore
>if you're not a Commodore and you don't have your pledge, contact them immediately
>contact is [email protected]

>tfw I might get my Shantae KS pledge before I get my DFC pledge.
So, what are you guys doing while you wait?

Oh, and specifically, all 285 of those are packed, but need to be shipped.

wait does that include late backers

Jerk off, shitpost, complain about GW pricing and balance. Play vidya.

That's the one where where you barely put any paint on brush to start with and wipe some off to begin with yeah?

Anything else that's a good idea? Washes, highlighting?

Late backers have been getting stuff, so I'd assume possibly.

jesus either way, thanks for the catch user
i am practically shitting bricks here

>I might get my pledge just in time for Christmas.
Its a Christmas miracle.

What's the verdict on the Scourge Battleships? Are they worth their points, or am I better off sticking with the Battlecruisers?

They're perfectly useable and two scourge torps is terrIfying but the BCs are just ungodly good.

You aren't gimping yourself by taking them but in a competitive environment they're outclassed

Interested in starting dropfleet commander,

How is it compared to Firestorm aramda?

How large is a normal battle, is the starter set considered a small battle?

haha got my notice finally

I think the battleships will develop a more useful function overall when the command cards are released and keeping your admiral alive/having an admiral becomes a more important part of the game. Extra survivability is going to be important as your admiral will likely get targeted right away.

No idea what it's like compared to Firestorm.
The starter fleets are around 550-600 points and the "recommended" size for a tournament game is 1500

It's a different feel to Firestorm - in FA, a ship usually wont get instagibbed in a round of shooting, but it certainly happens in DFC, for instance. DFC is more balanced, but since it's so new there's not nearly as much variety. The rules are less complex than FA, as well - another way to put it is that they're easier to grasp. Part of that could be because, as much as I love Spartan, they can't write a rulebook in a coherent manner to save their lives.

If you liked FA, you'll like DFC. Plus, it has about the same price point to jump in, maybe a bit cheaper, depending on where you buy from.

Like i cant comment on Firstorm armada, as i never played it, havent actually played Dropfleet but from reading the rules and listening to anons here combined with watching that demo game, seems like its fairly similiar to DZC in that its objective based with alot of thinking ahead to make the most of your moves as well as trying to figure what your opponent will do and counter/ limit that.

I've played Firestorm a few years ago and the most recent edition more recently, and I find DFC superior.

Firestorm is about rolling an attack to beat some critical damage values for an enemy ship, to do 1 or 2 HP of damage to it. Weapons go down per hit, so after a while, you're firing wet pillows at each other. Generally, ships end up circling each other in a little broadside age of sail duel. You generally don't get that many real maneuver choices in a game, to the detail that'll decide fights.

Dropfleet is very decisive. Like submarine combat, or point blank WW2 night fighting, where spotting the enemy first or them giving themselves away, and then landing a salvo is devastating. The 'land troops' based objective play is really, really different from anything in the other space fleet games. I also like the aesthetic somewhat more, it's less generic.

Also, the company producing it has a better history.

>@Justin, don't you realize you're being lied to. Hawk staff have been busy packing shipments to Distributors so people who didn't pledge can get product before backers. Seriously considering asking a Federal Judge to issue a TRO blocking all US sales of DFC product until pledges are fulfilled.
THESE
FUCKING
PEOPLE

how butthurt can a scalper be?

whats funny is by the time they probably implemented all that legal bullshit, they would have received their pledge, making it more or less moot.

>"i don't care about a game growing or surviving, I want the models faster and screw longevity of the game or product or quality."

Fuck you.

This is my first miniatures game, as I am now running into this problem I have to ask, what do you guys recommend for storage/transport?

Do I wait for Feldherr's Dropfleet stuff, Battlefoam, or gameplusproducts.com/product/flagship-gaming-bag-grey/ these?

Not sure what to look for in a case or even how much storage I'll really need.

>@Alex, the problem is, the ones not seeing the truth are people like you - basically what you said, all in reverse. The fact remains that people don't have their pledges, retail does, retail has been restocked numerous times, and now Wave 2 is on store shelves. That's not a bunch of people thinking that Hawk is lying to them, that's a bunch of people with irrefutable proof they are, and half-knights like you still insist Hawk isn't dishonest.
>@Johan, odds are, you'd probably actually like me IRL, I'm a very easy-going guy (Ask James Ho). I just don't take to being cheated - it is the most personal affront in my view, and since Kickstarter gives no other recourse than to throw childish tantrums, it's just what has to be done because doing nothing is not an option.
>But, think what you will. I got my pledge, sold my pledge, and will never forgive or forget Hawk's mishandling of this and will in every game group or social circle I frequent, always tell people not to buy Hawk products. They made a life-long hater of me, f*ck them, may they all go bankrupt and have to turn tricks on the corner to buy whiskey to drown out their shame.

>Khellposting
>ever

Just in case anyone was curious as to how much bigger the 2-up is compared to the normal Beijing

The answer is a lot

Hawk, pls send my rewards soon

Following with interest.

How much does that thing weigh?

That is very cool indeed.

DAVE WHERE ARE MY SHIPS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Theyre actually going to arrive after Christmas, aren't they? They're going to arrive once I've used all my holiday leave and just start going back to work, aren't they?

Yeah just sell them. That's what I'm going to do when I finally receive them in 2017.

Khell pls go and stay go.

Checked, but for what purpose?

>Your investment return is running late
>Quick, better throw a bitch-fit and try to ruin the company!

I don't understand. Is patience absent these days?
Yeah, Hawk sucks at shipping. But even though my stuff got here late (and folks here still don't have theirs, you guys have my condolences), I still got it eventually, and at a reduced price compared to what I would have gotten otherwise (not to mention the extras).

I dunno, maybe being alone my whole life has granted me vast reserves of patience, but we'd already waited nearly a year - another month wasn't going to sour it for me.

>I don't understand. Is patience absent these days?
>expecting normie-grognards to be emotionally mature

Honestly, they're more mad about retail (and thus non-backers) getting stuff before backers, and while understandable, that just boils down to "I'm jealous that someone else has something I want, me me me"

> Looking on in disgust at the whingers and scalpers, yet also feeling a bit embarrassed to have so much in common with them.
> mfw I realise this is how the PHR must feel about the UCM.

>FUKKEN XENOOOOOOOOS
>>[Sphere preserve us]

how do you guys decide on names for your ships? just picking from the known ships in the rulebook or perhaps you've got some sort of naming convention?