/anrg/ - Android Netrunner General

>Question of the day
Well, I guess it's time: your thoughts on the effects of the upcoming rotation?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (requires build)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!z59BjaIa!Hnfvsp98egAPP9VarlJrvteOQYpnJ7rIDZQxNfrK7FM
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/7/earths-scion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>your thoughts on the effects of the upcoming rotation?
Cautiously optimistic, though it will shake the game immensely

Martial Law is up on CardgameDB, looks a fun pack: Maximum Fairchild, Stealth Stimhack, NBN God Ice etc.

Shame about the image sizes though

Interestingly you may be able to trash OTL without trashing the host

Think so? Didn't seem to me like the text let ambiguity about the fact that it's the hosting card that gest trashed.

I'm loving the idea of killing via Enforced Curfew giving a negative grip-size.

You'd have to have 4 Brain in Cybernetics Division, but yeah, it would be funny.

Yeah, it doesn't say "the host gains", just that OTL is hosted - so the trash option only applies to OTL

>You'd have to have 4 Brain in Cybernetics Division, but yeah, it would be funny.

One landed Braintorm is all it takes!

For On the Lam, I don't think you can trash a condition counter, so it would have to refer to the card. Will have to wait for uling I guess, but makes more sense that way to me.

Sup guys, newcomer here, still reading the most I can before buying the core set and start building my collection.
I have a few questions that are not really answered in the faqs in reddit or other sources.
How healthy is the meta? By this I mean deck variety in the competitive scene. Is there only one predominant deck or strategy? The other day I saw a video of a world's championship and the people in the comments were complaining about that game being "not really netrunner".
Also, when is the new rotation taking effect?
I should avoid buying anything from the first 2 cycles right?

- Rotation starts in 7 data packs now. Roughly 8 months I would say.
- The competitive meta is hyper-saturated by similar decks. That has always been an issue, but it's been magnified since last Worlds. You'll see NBN and Anarchs having the Lion's share of their respective sides. I'd say right now, if competitive is the *only* thing you're interested in, now might not be the best time to get in the game. We're at a crossing point and the next 8 months are going to have to answer for a lot (both from the designers and the player's side if you ask me).
- If you're not purely into the competitive scene, I'm finding the game is actually not in a bad state. Loads of interesting decks and game states, with a card pool that opens a lot of possibilities (and make the sealed format pretty interesting).

>I should avoid buying anything from the first 2 cycles right?

Depends on whether you're planning on enforcing it, if you're only going pure competitive I don't know that it is such a good investment. Sure some of the cards are really good, but you're not going to play them for long.

Thanks for the information.
Although confirming my fear that the competitive meta is just what I saw on youtube recordings, I still feel the urge to start playing the game, thematically looks really cool and the art is superb.

and again, thanks for the fast answer.

I love that they're sharing card names across different games; there's an On the Lam in the AHLCG too, as well as a Sure Gamble.

Always a pleasure to help. Do note that I do think I'm being a bit alarmist here. Worlds being over, experimentation is starting again and the general meta is more varied I find (your mileage may vary).

Really? Nice.

Rotation: I'm liking some of the rebalance they're attempting, with a diffraction of powerful effects over several cards (Howard and multi-access being the most obvious), option that incentivize runnnig,a nerf of some plays (the 3/2s really need it), attempts at spreading some Operation effects on installed card (Precognition->Nihongai, the tutor ICE...), a bit of power creep too, but I guess Bullfrog really needed it...

What is the cat yelling about?

Spreadind rumours in the net

People at your company.
Your high-end facilities.
Your significant personnel assets and particular tools.

She's spreading rumours, lies, slander, shouting to the world how they're no good and implicated in all sorts of dark things:
>Caprice is insane
>Jackson Howard is a paedophile
>ASH killed a man who didn't meet his efficiency target.
>Oberth rockets are smuggling arms
>Sandburg is controlling the economy
>Chairman Hiro pretty much stole the tech that got him his big break at Jinteki
>The "history" at the Museum is heavily edited to support the existing power structure

One of these is mostly canon, guess which

Tallie Perault knows!
One of those things is revealed in Strange Flesh (which admittedly narrows it down a lot)

Actually, speaking of Tallie and Android fiction she apparently didn't retire, given she makes an appearance in Monster Slayer.

As does pic related, Mr Stone, (also of The Cleaners), who is getting his card in Terminal Directive

Political Graffiti is a condition counter (the only other one apparently) and is trashed without trashing the agenda it's hosted on, so there's precedence. I thought there were more hosted cards though, wonder why none popped up.

Oberth, Hiro, and the Museum entries all seem plausible. So is Caprice's I guess.

What did she do there? Rat out Reina?

>the only other one apparently
The only other runner one, the corps have a few.

Notably pic related doesn't require you to trash the host

While you don't specifically need to find the first 2 cycles, for corps (esp HB) you really can't do worse then getting the world champ deck. Might as well enjoy using Jackson Howard while you can.

Nah, she's still anti-corp, she's just kinda world-weary and sarcastic about having a Weyland man following her.

She's one of Reina's friends' friends , and she gave her some dirt on GRNDL (not hugely willingly, but that's fair considering the tail)

Good call.
Political graffiti and BER are pretty specific about trashing themselves though... guess we'll have to wait and see.

My vote is on Hiro. Caprice does seem like possible answer.

The only one that doesn't seem real is Ash...

>Insert hints towards Caprice's growing paranoia/insanity
>Just look at Howard's card. Look. At. It.
>Ash's sacrificial nature seems at odds with this.
>Green card...duh...
>Sure, why not?
>WoA seems to hint at this and he has quite the sudden rise
>True even in real life...

Ah, yeah, Ash's self-sacrificing nature is at odds with that.
Glad the others seemed plausible though

There's a official lore, storyline different than the android world that user post the other day?

Samefag.

Sorry, it reads like i need to be stabbed in my eyes. Looked late to edit

"Is there an [...]"

what are the latest plot developments?

Whizzard is kill, Andromeda wears a wig, but the others?

Andromeda is retiring.

One would think that after her sellout deal with Jinteki to make some inconvenient facts disappear, she would have the funds to make things difficult for any tail to begin with.

Someone should repost the link to Strange Flesh. Some answers within.

The others?

Chaos theory is selling her console, that much I know

the true one is about Our Lord and Saviour, isn't it? Our archives are safe, but what is the price?

Strange Flesh refers to the original technique that made commercial cloning practical.

>Chaos theory is selling her console
Whut

Does make sense, seeing as her dad and dad are going bankrupt.

Surely that is impossible! What happened to all the loot she got from 23 Seconds: The Game?

After all Kate, Noise, and even Adam are just fiiine.

That doofus Dinosaurus lost it... well, it's somewhere around the house anyway.

Wonder why there isn't a Project Fairchild agenda out there?

>inb4 it actually appears in 42.

Anyone care to provide summaries of what happened in the novellas?

Even the original board game had her going full mental as a possible ending.

Yeah but Kate, Noise and Adam aren't rotating out :^)

Do(n't) give them ideas.

Monitor:
Public manifestation against NBN children program and its programming children. J. Howard is not amused and sets an employee specialized in a particular brand of reality tv to discredit the movement.

She picks three young adults spotted via feed during the manifestation and starts trolling their whole life for video feeds, edited to control how the audience will perceive them. Show starts. Participatory in nature. Random people can submit their own videos of the three, who gets hunted down and mocked by the crowds.

One of the three kids get exfiltrated in-extremis by a runner wanting to fuck with NBN. She's off the grid, all alone, being only able to watch, as her two friends have to deal with the show. Can't stand it. Start recording herself talking to her plush. Data is sent online and becomes a hit.

NBN tracks her down via the feed and offers her a job to produce her new own brand of "confessional" style reality tv.

You have a point, but you use the stupid face meme - I'm conflicted

>Someone should repost the link to Strange Flesh
Excellent point
mega.nz/#!z59BjaIa!Hnfvsp98egAPP9VarlJrvteOQYpnJ7rIDZQxNfrK7FM

>manifestation
Did you mean demonstration?
I've only read the sample though, but that word doesn't seem to fit

So does she do the sensible thing like Tallie and sell out to that Corp?

No flying missiles/rockets at all?

What happens to the great JHow in the end?

>and sell out
Idk why people think she sold out - the way I read the ending was basically blackmail.

I've posted the mega link anyway, so people can decide for themselves.

Not sure whether to get Monitor now or wait for Exodus

Pretty sure the whole thing is a lot more low-key than that; from what I've seen of the novel and the preview, no-one involved is a high-end runner, and it's not an action story that it's telling (unlike Monster Slayer) - it's about privacy, net publicity, trolling, it's a society story

I *think* that was the joke. Unless I'm reading too much into it.

Looking up for compromising Mars-related data in a Weyland server, Reina stumbles on fragments about the GRNDL project. Up to 10 millions deaths mentioned.
She contacts an old friend to share the news and set up to gather more data.

While she fruitlessly does that, old friend gets cleaned down by Weyland. Reina manages to salvage some data about one nicknamed by Mrs Perrault "Mr Stone" that did the deed.

Reina goes ballistic. Going Weyland target after Weyland target in the most messy and blatant way to try and force their hand into sending Mr Stone after her.

Investigating a GRNDL-related real-estate project, she finds everything empty. And is finally confronted with Mr Stone, with the GRNDL Tsunami hitting right in the middle of the fight. Both escape.

She's then contacted by Perrault who's been in contact with a scientist who wants to defects and shed the truth on what happened. Moves to the GRNDL oversea station to exfiltrate him. Mr Stone already there for mass cleaning of personnel. After confirmation that everyone is dead and another confrontation with Stone, Reina manages to escape her blowing up of the platform.

She tracks down the GRNDL CEO and kills him.

Yeah, starting to get sleep deprived form end of the year crunch. Mixing up my languages again.

Literally pardon my French.

JHowrd goes back to business as usual. He's a top exec and this is fairly low key story. He comes off as interestingly creepy though. Hints of him genuinely wanting the sacharrine good of his children programs, but also wanting to be the love of people for his brand in a "he loved big brother" way.

And there goes my break.

>Going Weyland target after Weyland target in the most messy and blatant way to try and force their hand
Which is apparently directly inspired by/is pic related, according to an interview with Dan.

"Ballistic" is a very good word to describe Reina

One would think that, principled journalist that she is, she would just go and Shame! Jinteki instead of just taking their money and suppressing those unfortunate facts. It's as if she got printed in the wrong faction!

Nice. Thanks for the summaries.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if JHow and his programming ends up as a clearly-not-hideously-OP NBN ID after his promotion post-rotation.

Excuse my use of meme smilies, it's really most likely they are gonna retire rotating IDs in the storyline too

I'd be happy seeing him get a Division when he rotates.

Between trying to shame big J and almost certainly dying, or agreeing with a certain cameoing runner's deus ex machina plan that lets her live and continue to make the world better one small, non-fatal step at a time, I think most people's principals are flexible enough to go with the second.

Also seeing Reina blew up her old nemesis she will probably retire too

Her true nemesis still remains Big W in general. GRNDL is but a small part of that whole after all.

Which runner is that? PSK?

C'mon, do you want the whole thing spelled out?
The book is right there.

It's Noise that helps her out

New data pack revealed
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/7/earths-scion/

Very expensive, very interesting toys.

Oh lord at Persephone (in a Link deck ? fuck I'm in love) and Red Planet Couriers.

If that card doesn't make advance-able ICE and Ambushes come to something, I don't know what will.

There's something weird in thinking Weyland might be headed to be the new FA faction.

Force of nature for reference

I think it is their own way of saying: "Do not break sentry subroutines with this icebreaker"

Biotic > FA GovTakeover now has multiple spoiled ways to make happen
Persephone is a Killer, you can't really compare them.

I'm thinking the breaker side is a cool bonus, it's the *other* use of the program you'll want to capitalize on.

>Persephone is a Killer, you can't really compare them.
Yeah, I guess it's even worse because Sentries are multisub by nature.

RPC seems neat - Weyland FA is full-bore on Mars, holy shit the wording is bad on Adjusted Matrix, AgInfusion looks fun

I agree, kinda like Femme Fatale special ability. Difference being that FF had some synergy with Ninja to share the load of breaking subroutines. I hope we get some extra support for this card in some way.

Deus X, The heartbeat/cybernetics suite* (with clan vengeance), traces, there's a lot of ways you could capitalize on that trash ability that makes the cost totally worth it.

Again I'm thinking the breaker is just a cool side bonus - that thing is going to fit into a Link-heavy deck anyway. Take all the traces in aggressive mode, trash cards.

*just imagine going with your 8 card grip against a Komainu, let it all fire Deus X...

I think AM is going to win the worst wording award this year.

Install on a depleted Overmind?

>*just imagine going with your 8 card grip against a Komainu, let it all fire Deus X...
You realize that Deus X will stop 1 ocurrence of net damage and then POOF. 7 damage hit?

Damn, my bad mishmashed the two effects.

With that wording , you don't need to match the breakers STR with the ice to use the click ability.

Step 1 - Install Obelus and Hades
Step 2 - Draw all but 1 card
Step 3 - Run a Kominu, let if fire, trash the corp's deck

At first reading, I thought that was the idea: turn every ICE into a bioroid of sort.

Shiny! Add Duggar's?

I like that one...

Kit's gonna love that.

Pic flavour text related

Given the blurb, Im thinking that's the implicatio; it makes any ICE a bioroid for that breaker - so the breaker can now break any subroutine from any type of ICE.

>Although Inversificator normally only works against code gates, Shapers have plenty of ways to make it useful against all kinds of ice, including Rielle “Kit” Peddler, Tinkering,, and the new Adjusted Matrix.

Making it so you can use Inversificator effects on any ICE type.

Or Ankusa without paying credits I guess.

It's written as if it were a player ability, not an icebreaker ability.

Definitely know a Kit player who's going to love it.

I know I'm tired, but I'm failing to the distinction here.

Red Planet Couriers makes Anson Rose a ticking bomb...

Also, the Jinteki "Advance Everything" shenanigans...

The jank is real. THE JANK IS REAL! AND IT IS GREEN!

Dedicate (or advance, I guess) your walls, then score out with Couriers - that's really nice, your advancements pulling double duty as protection and scoring

Even BWBI might do well, for it's last hurrah

Definitely loving the Weyland developments.

Anyone thinks Apex is gonna see some play or viability with the upcoming datapacks?
I still think he lacks consistency to be good.

Going to go on repeat again, but to me, main problem with Apex is: needs another angle.

If you play Apex, your game plan can be summed up in one word: Apocalypse. Not only it makes you pretty much as predictable as it can get, to add insult to injury, with it being only three influence, other factions can be better at it than you are too while keeping their versatility.

So, yeah, unless they start releasing in other factions cards about self-cannibalizing your own installed cards in bulks, which hopefully should work better in Apex given the set up, well, all I'm seeing is another angle of attack that is meant to stay in faction.

And as much as I'm liking the look of Reaver, it's not it.

What about the other 2 mini-faction ID's?
I've been reading Adam might be a good one, what are your thoughts?
I honestly don't really care about Sunny, don't like the design.

Persephone will be neat, a lot less oppressive than Keyhole atleast. Probably no one will actually be using it as an icebreaker I bet. Don't know how I feel about though. I guess it's jank enough that they deserve the win if it fires, like the Breaker Bay + TMI vs 2-link runners combo.

Ben Musashi on Archives in PE?

Inversificator will be silly in Kit, though I wonder what happens if you move an outer piece of ice to an inner piece of ice on the server you are running on.

Adjusted Matrix seems perfect for Apex and Adam, though more for Adam since he can still break through the AI hate cards with ABR.

One caveat for Red Planet Couriers is you have to move ALL the counters onto a single card. Great with the space ice (intentional?) and Anson, not so with Mausolus or the walls. Probably still worth it just to FA out a 5/3 though.

I think they were very smart with the new Adam directive: in that it gave him both that side-board thing that is unique to him, and in the sense that it gave him new ways to be played. Expended both his building options and play field in one single card.

And I very much like Adam. Very anarch, in ways they couldn't have really allowed anarchs to develop. I really wouldn't wager how competitive he is - he's *very* risky. His very powerful early aggression comes at a cost. But he's definitely good. And interesting to play.

Sunny... my main problem with her it that I sometimes fear they put themselves in a corner with some options regarding link and bypass effects - as much as I understand Security Nexus couldn't have been a crim card, the fact that it exists, and the fact that a 2-link runner with that kind of link support exists makes me fear it's going to limit development venues. If only, where do they need to put the thresholds on effects who depend on link/trace value now?
Still, for people that are into that whole "big rig" mind-set, she"s pretty cool. At least I notice they're the ones most attracted to her here.

Yeah, I mentioned Overmind for flavor, but with Endless Hunger in Apex, it could totally solve several issues for the most kawaii space virus ever.

>you have to move ALL the counters

We still have Project Atlas for a while to prevent wasteful use of counters, I guess. I was thinking there was some funny janky interaction with Haas Arcology AI... (IAA - if the runner goes to ti, you baited a run and kept your agenda, it lives the turn, you get your FA agenda install click for Couriers and one more token to move around.. what can I say, I love jank).

Musashi definitely opens some funny venues... though Film Critic.

The Arcology AI combo seems ok, personally I was thinking how it could make the "score Glenn Station > host Government Takeover" into a win, just need a Biotic for it.

Oh wait Couriers is a Triple, never mind then. Hiding a Takeover in hand for a turn should be doable though.

Huh, looking at it with a fresh pair of eyes I notice that RPC is ALL advancements from ALL installed cards (the HAAI trick helped, so thanks ), which makes it both better and worse than what I had thought (All the counters from a single card)

Still cool though

Is there a larger version of this by any chance?

Huh. Thought big J meant the great Jackson Howard Himself.

Imagine him sending personalised explosive toys to all the nicely tagged runners.

I was talking about in Strange Flesh, not Monitor which has J How

And that's the biggest I could find