"Wrong fucking creature type" edition

"Wrong fucking creature type" edition

Old thread: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tymnasidar-kondo-hatebear-value/
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/152531482013/why-is-saskia-the-unyielding-have-the-creature?route=/post/:id/:summary
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-12-16-padeem-edh/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for good alters

>no thread title
>ugly proxy image
>le Saskia type whining even though it's clearly a regiment rather than loners, which is the difference
Delete

>Ablaze is nearly a $10 card
What has gone so wrong with this game?

>shitty OP, forced meme first image
Abandon thread

Alright, you make one then, faggot

Not gonna spam the forum with two threads, if you delete this I'm fine with making one.

Quick! Suggest something interesting to build an EDH deck around! It can be a card, an interaction, a theme, anything so long as it's not the same old tryhard bullshit!

Breya hard counters Yidris. What can I run to fuck with her? I already run leyline of the void, rakdos charm, vandal blast, and krosan grip. I got conquerors flail without realizing it doesn't stop abilities. What else can I run to make a combo player cry?

City of Solitude

Hurkyl's Recall
Creeping Corosion

Make a deck where every card has the same CMC.

Breaker of armies.

It doesn't particularly help with Breya but I'd a real fun time using it earlier.

I already have one!

HMMM. Pointless, but why not?

Gonti lord of Luxury

?

WHAT SHOULD I BUILD NEXT YOU GUYS

I second this. Volrath is mah niggah, the deck is basically just spare parts with some removal and recursion.

I don't care if you're a judge, stop being a Azorius loving faggot

Angry Omnath or Rakdos LoR

should i take apart a monoblack deck that my group says is too good to build 2 weaker decks? or should i just tell them to git gud or something

Naya mld enchantress with various indestructible/regenerate things. Could even be voltron if you want to go that way, but I was thinking something something selfless spirit, another something assemble the legion, something something elesh norn.

To be fair, I need to take Sharuum off that list. The Sphinx tribal was just a goofy idea I had when I wasn't sure what WUB deck to build, and I 'like' the dumbass Zur deck more.

I'm slowly working on building a deck for every 2 and 3 color combination, I guess I just had 'ideas' for UWx before other combinations?

Eh, I already have Bant Enchantress and a Zur Aura-heavy deck in the works, I'd like to avoid having three Enchantress decks. Especially because the Naya one would be even harder to make different than the Bant one with the WG core.

>Reaper King deck
How do you even do this? Just a shitload of Scarecrows/Changelings and bounce effects?

That's a fair point. I've always wanted to see The Mimeoplasm creatureless or ooze tribal, but that's pretty close to ghave. What about Zada/Krenko, or Feldon of the Third Path? Mazirek is another neat option, particularly if you made it bug theme.

>opponent chaos wraps my blightsteel
>shuffle
>reveal
>blightsteel

Clones too I'd wager. Rite of replication on the king gives you 30 triggers.

>you're out of cards
>opponent pays life to cast a spell
>topdecks a card that makes it go back to his hand
>he casts it again
>topdecks ANOTHER card that makes it go back to his hand
like, i don't even need to win the game anymore. He is morally defeated.

>Getting tons of damage in with Guttersnipe
>Opponents down to ~15 from Guttersnipe and other little chips of damage, protecting it with countermagic
>Opponent on Nekusar finally casts Evacuation then a Wheel effect to get rid of it
>Brainstorm it away to safety
>Cast it again next turn

I cooked up Ooze Tribal and it seemed... incredibly disappointing. I don't dislike the idea of a Mimeoplasm deck that relies entirely on the opponent for creatures, with the rest just being control and mill.

Mono-color is lower on my priority unless an idea jumps out and bites me (like the Ocean Tribal deck); and unfortunately I already have a BG deck.

That said, I do want to make a bug themed deck with Xira Arien, for literally one reason and one reason only:

so I can play Two Headed Giant with my friend's Sharuum deck and we can be The Hive Queen and the Hegemon

Close! It's Clone Tribal. There's a few Changelings (two, to be exact) and Scarecrows (also two!), but every other creature in the deck is a Clone. There's a reason the deck is named 「D O U B L E V I S I O N 」

The clones can let me copy whatever fun shit my opponents have, and Reaper King turns all of them into Vindicates if I need them to be. And a kicked Rite on Reaper King is fucking hilarious.

25, actually. Reaper King doesn't trigger himself, so each of the copies triggers off of their four buddies, while the OG gives you 5. So you have 5 sets of 4 triggers (20) and one set of 5 triggers for 25 total.

Also for extra pimp factor, the Reaper King I run is a Russian foil I got in Vegas during GP Vegas 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I'm in the market for something that says "FUCK YOU GRUUL SMASH"

Considering Ruric Thar, but I'd love to be sold on something else.

Whatever it is, it requires Gruul Charm for "Not Gruul? Then die!"

Borborygmos 2.0 is probably a good candidate, what with chucking literal mountains at people's faces.

I will give these cards a whirl, thank you very much.

>tfw youve played Gruul so long you can actually decipher this letter.
Seconding Borborygmos 2: Lands Bolting U

Pack all the Blue hate you can and tell your opponent to eat mountain

>villainous wealth Lazav
>sol ring
>duskmantle guildmage
>mindcrank

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tymnasidar-kondo-hatebear-value/

Requesting advice for my Tymna + Sidar Kondo Hatebears deck. After playing at least 7 games with it (all 4 player, won 4 of them), I like the fact that I'm always drawing cards and turning creatures sideways. However, I feel like it's win-conditions need to be more than just "play a lot of hatebears, Overrun, yay".

Also, this deck apperantly sucks against Narset despite having plenty of ways to deal with her. Maybe just bad luck, or maybe I need to add more cards to help either pin her down or tutor for the cards that will.

>This is madness!

>Someone Insurrections 80+ power worth of creatures
>All of them are at me
>Darkness lol

>However, I feel like it's win-conditions need to be more than just "play a lot of hatebears, Overrun, yay".
So combos then?

Well, there's various human combos with Angel of Glory's Rise, for example
Fiend Hunter + AGR + Altar of Dementia = mill someone's library
Fiend Hunter + AGR + "free" sac outlets like Martyr's Cause + ETB humans = infinite ETB triggers
Saffi Eriksdottir + AGR + "free" sac outlets like Martyr's Cause + ETB humans = infinite ETB triggers

You're also missing some obvious stuff like Bitterblossom, Cathars' Crusade, Craterhoof Behemoth, etc.

>It's another Gruul deck chock full of anti blue cards episode
When will this meme die?

why is courser of kruphix good

Card advantage is always good.

It was also that her fat bum was relevant in non-EDH environments.

Isn't she better as a Human/Soldier type. Why is everyone whinning?

The ability to back your important plays up with anti-counterspell is a "meme"?

>why does /edh/ whine so much
It's /edh/. We whine when something isn't our pet tribe. We whine when power creep doesn't keep going steadily upward. We whine when our friends bully us for spending too much money on the game.

Best card or greatest card?

So when the U/x player goes for a big combo with counterspell backup it's superior tactics, but when the Gruul player runs REB/Pyroblast/Guttural Response to protect their big plays, it's a meme?

k

>"good alters"
>pretty much fodder for overcompensating masculinity

Not even good fanservice at that

She's 'better' because there's more Soldier support to boost her, yes.

The problem is she's in the colors for Warriors, and is very much a Berserker/Warrior type card, and then they make her a fucking Soldier. It's not thematically correct, and it's frustrating because she's in the perfect colors to be a Warrior Commander... whereas most Soldiers are White anyway and there's plenty of choices for them.

She's in the soldier colors too and it's clearly a regiment of soldiers, albeit savage, as opposed to loners, which is the defining difference.

counter spells will always be useful. Colour specific hate can often be dead in your hand for most of the game

>Warriors are loners
k

Haven't seen this puppy in a while but I'm glad it exists as a sort of "case-closed, tired of your bullshit" card

>she's in the soldier colors
44 red Soldiers.
26 Black.
17 green.
359 white.

Total of 87 non-white, and 446 overall

38 white Warriors.
82 black.
130 green.
197 red.

Total of 292 non-white, and 330 overall.

WBRG is more "Warrior colors" than "soldier" once you dig out the 350 fucking mono-white soldiers. Mono-white is the Soldier color.

That's the fucking joke, you very unperceptive person.

Hordechief is my favourite creature card, I love that crazy bastard

is dramatic reversal the best at what it does with isochron scepter?

How many times do I have to fucking post this.

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/152531482013/why-is-saskia-the-unyielding-have-the-creature?route=/post/:id/:summary

There's no clearly defined boundary between the tribes. They decide based on the character fluff. They know Saskia's fluff. We don't.

I'm sick of the fucking whining about this, it's ridiculous.

Is it possible to create a white and blue barbarian tribe? (Lore)

Cauldron of Souls + Oran-Rief is the best defense Elves have. Asceticism and Wrap in Vigor are duplications for something Ezuri already has not to mention unless you're a shitter you don't run a board wipe creatures can regenerate from. Fresh Meat and Caller of Claw are precisely the cards that show Green is hosed board wipes be because you don't want 4 or 5 elephants in deck based around pumping Elves.

You mean Gosta Dirk's bros?

>thinking counterspells and color-specific hate cards are comparable.
ISHYGDDT

Probably. There's other things, but they require you to be using mana rocks because they don't generally untap EVERYTHING. Seriously, you could win with two Islands, Scepter-Reversal, and a Prodigal Sorcerer.

>Well this half-fish, half-person isn't a Merfolk because of story reasons
>We're not gonna ever show you the story though
>He's a Kithkin because we fuckin' said so lol

If the color-hate cards are there for the specific purpose of "protecting big plays from counterspells", 99% of which are blue, then they're at least somewhat comparable.

wild wheel(of fortune)-man

Except that there's no definitional difference between soldiers and warriors, whereas merfolk are definable, dumbass. Soldiers can (occasionally) be savage just like warriors can (occasionally) fight with other warriors.

I can personally think of plenty of green draw because I've made umpteen monogreen decks and played umpteen monogreen player and I am also scrolling through a card search to be astronomically certain some amazing reliable card wasn't printed in the last couple sets. My point was we are talking about green draw from the perspective of your board is gone, your dorks are dead. Green's draw best works with fatties in the form of high cost enchantments based on p/t or counting creatures. Green best draw is no cheaper than 5 (barring Glimpse of Nature which is a combo card anyway). Both of these types of cards and the ones you listed are TERRIBLE against a board wipe save fecundity. However, fecundity is also benefiting the rest of the board that has been wipe, a deck mind you with problems with card advantage already, and god help you against sac-based deck. Fecundity is also one card in a deck without the ability to tutor for it or put in a functional replacement.

So the deck you're against wipes you and then the rest of the table doesn't harass you for the next 3 to 4 turns it takes to return those cards from the graveyard/refill your hand and play them and they don't wipe your board again in a format known for being a control-favored format. I guess in this hypothetical goldfish reality you live in where they play one wrath and watch you yeah Elves are probably good.

Elves is the quintessential kingmaker deck. You rarely win with it rather you can explode the first couple turns when you're at the advantage and choose who loses or set someone up to lose.

I hear ya

If you can't play around or through counterspells, without the use of Guttural Response and kin, then you need to get good.

"She's not a merfolk because story"

They're played largely as backup against counterspells.

>If you can't play a combo without using counterspell backup you need to get good

Yet I'm sure if someone said "Man, I feel frustrated by counterspells because it seems like whenever I go for my big play they can counter it" you'd say "LOL LERN 2 DEAL WITH THEM SCRUB"

Maybe make your opponents draw lots of cards all at once, then Face Laser them to death.

She's a merfolk because she's a fish person.

She's a soldier or warrior because [a bunch of fluff about their philosophy and fighting style and culture].

I don't know how much simpler I can make this for you. I know you're butthurt about this but it doesn't justify how much of a faggot you're being.

Oh cool, also looking for Gruul stuff here. I dig the centaur, but the extra land elf seems good for landfall green/red stuff

Depends on your meta. If you play against the same decks every match and you know they'll play counters or blue then sure. If you bounce from meta to meta, have unreliable attendence at your playgroup, or play MTGO then their are a lot of times they are dead cards.

This meme needs to die. The notion you can play around every or most board wipes at most points in the game in a control-heavy format is a fluff statement people throw around that doesn't mean anything. This is as cancerous as "oh you didn't destroy this creature in on turn and lost, sounds like you should run more removal" argument.

I think the Akroans really spell out the flavour difference between soldiers and warriors: which is whether they use coordinated tactics or not. The Linebreaker is a warrior while the Akroan Phalanx, Sergeant etc. are soldiers.

Stonebrow is a worse Xenagos.

It's called timing you fucking retard. Learn to bait out countermagic; don't just drop an overwhelming stampede when your opponent is doing nothing but playing draw-go If you play against NOTHING but blue control decks, then sure I see no reason why running REB and Pyroblast would be bad. If not, then enjoy your dead draws, that could've been literally anything else.

Well yes, the people running them are generally in counterspell heavy metas.

Vorthos tho

Anyone a regular player on mtgo. Didn't know if there was any demand for organizing a Veeky Forums online playgroup.

>anti-blue cards are just color hate in EDH

If I'm playing against a deck where Pyroblast is a dead card it already payed for itself.

>want to build Alesha
>all of my good BW-colored stuff is tied up in Ghave
FUCK

I just want them hatebears, I've never really built a creature-centric EDH deck before

I'm building my first EDH deck and need help. What cards should I cut? I'm coming from mostly legacy and modern so my card evaluation for EDH is not the best. How many mana rocks should I be running? Are there cards that I am missing?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-12-16-padeem-edh/
Thanks for the help. I appreciate all input.

"She's not a merfolk because story"

It's called timing you fucking retard. Learn to bait out counter-countermagic; don't just drop a Mana Drain when your opponent is doing nothing but playing fatties If you play against NOTHING but red-green aggro decks, then sure I see no reason why running UEB and Hydroblast would be bad. If not, then enjoy your dead draws, that could've been literally anything else

>I was trolling this entire time, I swear

Regardless of whether they release one of their shitty blog lore post about something, WotC has been doing a lot of top down development with their legends. It's very common for the design to integrate a story into card design.

>A lot of top-down development with their legends
Tell that to literally every single one of the Partner commanders. Hell, the 4 color ones feel bottom-up too. They did not write a story for Saskia and then build a card around that, they asked "What is the least blue thing of all, since this is the nonblue one", answered with "Smashing", and then made a WBRG Commander that smashes things. Then they wrote a story for her, but none of us get to see it, but it totally justifies why the WBRG leader of a savage barbarian horde is a Soldier. Trust us.

Wow, you sure showed me, dude. Enjoy playing your shitty do-nothing cards. Make mama proud of her little angel.

I didn't say they started with a story I said it very likely was integrated at early stages in development.

Partners were likely bottom up. Probably why their reception has been luke-warm. Some 4-color were bottom-up, some were top down. Atraxa and the Sodomite Soldiers were likely top-down.

>some people find use out of niche cards because of meta specifics
>"what a shitter, git gud faggot."

Do you realize how fuckinf obnoxious you sound? You are that guy at an LGS.

>totally justifies why the WBRG leader of a savage barbarian horde is a Soldier. Trust us.
see In my opinion it depends on how coordinated your tactics are. The Kjeldorans are pretty savage but they work in phalanxes and shit so they're soldiers.