Warhammer 40,000 general

Suddenly, death guard and Emperor's children players everywhere edition.

People like them is the reason spawnhood exists sub edition.

>previous thread
>Freshest Rules:
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
>mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (BRING A CLOWN HOME WITH YOU):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm torn between Black Legion, Alpha Legion, Emp's Children and Night Lords.

Are Alpha Legion forbidden from taking Marks?

First for always trying to improve

Yes, by apparently they get to respawn cultists on a 4+ when the unit is destroyed + more special rules.

The Alpha Legion rolls to respawn Cultists TWICE for each unit. Once for the formation and once for the decurion.

Better than anything I can do. I am sure /wip/ would tear in to you though. But I like it.

Your posting speed like your painting skills are severely lacking
but really that gsc looks great, the only thing that looks off is the combination of the armour and clothes colours, perhaps if you tried blue instead of purple for the armour it would make a better contrast.

How much points is this? I don't have the Dark Angels codex, so I just wnat to know.

>3 Tac Squads with Plasma Cannon, Gun, Pistol and Power Sword
>3 Rhinos
>Interrogator Chaplain with Plasma Pistol
That's the only things I know for sure they can take, and I want to get BaC, FW Plasma Cannons, and 3 Rhinos. What else should I get? Deathwing Knights look cool, and I definitely want a Dreadnought with a Plasma Cannon.

Can you create more cultists if both rolls are successful?

You'd have to check the exact wording.

RAI, no

No. The rules place the unit back into Ongoing Reserve, it doesn't say to place a NEW unit into Ongoing Reserve. Therefore when the first resolves the second does nothing because the unit is already in OR.

This will help you the long way
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>3.8 MB
>5312x2988
>holding model

Meant for

I've heard that Canoness is a hyper limited model, and that pisses me off because I don't have a GW near me, just an LGS

Asking in here because I don't care about the rule just the wording and asking my meta of eldarfags that don't like anyone else having nice things turned out to be a bad idea.

Judging by the special rule of Transmogrify: If Roll (A) is a six (B), then the attack has Instant Death (C). If that happens then any models are slain they spawn in spawn (D).

So would it be
>If A=B then C Then D
Or does
>C=D

Being that The Blade of Magnus is a Force Weapon and can have all his attacks as ID.

Just a re roll then, eh?

Good enough

830pts

>forgot pic

First time making a list r8.

I don't know what any of this does.

The first.

"in this manner" refers to the roll of 6 causing instant death. Normal instant death isn't enough.

>tfw on mobile
>site doesn't work properly for me
Sadness.

A shame I can't see what the special rules do, but I can understand that one.

Post a pic of your favourite ork conversions anons

What would everybody's opinions be on a Close combat battlesuit and infantry heavy Farsight Enclaves list?

Focusing mainly on the close combat prowess of Commander Farsight as well as either separate or combined squads of crisis suits carrying the Onager Gauntlet and fusion blades mixed with a mobile force of breachers/fire warriors riding in devilfish and a healthy amount of backline artillery.

Probably wouldn't be ideal, but it sounds like an interesting idea to me. I'm starting Tau with the new battleforce and the start collecting box, and when I expand the force I don't want it to be another cookie cutter Tau gunline list. I like the lore of the Enclaves and Farsight's own combat style.

Cheers guys, it was the new sentence in the paragraph confusing me.

it would be a bro tier Tau list

I couldn't help myself and ordered a realm of battle board, the original one with the modular hills, I really like that it's 3d and I can make one large hill or a valley, or a sweeping plain.
Anyone else own one? How do you like it?

Hows this for a Harlequin HoR 200 point list?

Leader [60]
>Troupe Master (35)
>>Piercing Rose (10)
>>Domino Field (15)
Core [75]
>Harlequin x5 (15*5)
Special [60]
>Shadowseer (60)
Total [195]

They look speedy, and more like they should be closing to melee as fast as they can rather than relying on shooting, or scurrying off with objectives and hiding behind cover.

What is a fusion blade?

Oh, thanks user.

>tfw no mobile friendly Dank Angels Codex pdf

I just want the rules, fluff is fine, but the rules are what I need.

a Farsight Enclave super meltagun that can also be used as super meltabombs but with a chance it breaks each time, iirc

Alright, how best to field Thousand Sons focused Chaos list?
>What I've Got
10 Rubric Marines
10 Tzaangors
5 Scarab Occult Terminators
3 Exalted Sorcerers
Kairos Fateweaver
20 Pink Horrors
...and a bunch of Nurgle daemons that I won't be using, and a few Loyalist rhinos I can proxy until I get proper Chaos-y ones.

>What I'll Be Getting Soon
One more box of Tzaangors and Rubrics and big red himself (for >2000 pt games).

>Builds/tactics?
>Rubrics
Okay, so my first impression is that Thousand Sons still suck. They have a lot of AP3 but there are better units in the CSM codex for that, and the sergeant costs nearly as much as an independent sorcerer but with a worse psyker selection. I'm thinking I might give each squad two flamers, and while I'm probably going to build one of the cannons, I'm not sure if I'll field it. It's fucking expensive for something with such meh strength.

>Tzaangors
I like these more, but they're basically worse slugga boyz that also cost more. I might field a horde of 20 of them led by a Sorcerer to give them Jump type. Also, their generic CCWs look way better than their chainswords so I'm tempted to build them that way.

>Scarab Occult Terminators
Overcosted as fuck and missing power fists, but I like 40 points for a TEQ more than 23 for a MEQ. The missile launcher seems like a no brainer, but I'm not sure between the cannon or flamer. The TS definitely could use more anti-horde, but the cannon is still tempting (plus fuck Warpflame).

>Exalted Sorcerers
So fucking expensive for only ML2. Still, the artifacts give these guys interesting options but I'm struggling to see what units they'd synergize with- I'm thinking either give him the jump pack artifact and stick him with a bunch of Tzaangors, or just plop them down with the termies. If it weren't for that daemon FAQ I'd buy some screamers and put one on a disc.

>Kairos, Horrors, Magnus
Not much to say on these guys, they're the best things here by far.

A pair of fusion blasters with the overheating protections turned off for continual fire.

Fusion blasters that can be use as cc weapons s8 ap1.

Neato.

So with Farsight Enclaves can you actually kinda sorta build melee Tau then?

Vs orks and other armies bad at melee.

Made a simple 1000 pts list using the models I have and the new iron warriors rules (as known). How easily will I get stomped?

I also have 6 bikers, a bunch more havocs, terminators, warsmith, dreadnought and a defiler

Man i wish AdMech had skimmers, cause this'd make great count's as.

They're alright, don't lose the little clips that hold the board tiles together.

>cqc tau
>willingly going into combat
>not ws5 across the board
>giving up shooting

sounds like a dream to fight, though i wonder if i'll ever see it in person. i wouldn't put all your stock in cqc, stock up on flamers in your fighting suits, don't forget the hit/run thing, honorblade and possibly that one independent riptide character. just because you fight better then assault marines isn't enough at times

You should take a 10-point upgrade senpai.

But user, that'd be cheating!

>Orks
>and other armies bad at melee
OUCH.

>image is hilarious because that's how loyalists and heretics talk to each other in their wank while Farsight and Shadowsun tend to be sober as fuck in their wank.

It's almost like imp players really want that shit to be true. You really want the Tau is Weeaboo shit to be true to justify your hatred of the faction. But I think you actually hate the faction because even with shiny sleek mecha, they tend to be far less anime than the main cast of 40k. They are a mirror and you don't like what your own reflection says about who you are.

I need a Warpsmith for my Death Guard.

Anyone have any cool ideas for a Nurgley warpsmith? I was thinking of somehow converting a Nurgle sorcerer.

t. first year psych student who just found out about freud

Maybe I can give one seargent a combi bolter or something. 5pts

>Alex R
I dunno, man, looks like some Barlowe shit to me.

Yeah most of the CQC would rely on weaker CC units and/or popping vehicles for the infantry squads. And like you suggest probably flamers/plasma rifles for that AP2 I might be lacking in.

Buy the forgeworld one. Paint it white with green shoulders. Voila

Sounds fun. I have a list for CQC Guard that involves Straken, Bullgryn, Yarrick, Priests, Psykers, Infantry blobs and it's supported by Lascannon heavy weapon squads. I want to fit in some tanks somewhere.

bring predator annihilators for dat AP2

There's a Forgeworld warpsmith?!

Second draft of rules for Doomrider

Why no normal picture?

OP choked on cocks

It's a jpg too. A special kind of retarded.

iron warriors/10

Is there an actual leak of the official rules or is this more bullshit hearsay? The 1d4chan article has ALL the legion rules written up but I've heard nothing of a full leak yet, just the Night Lord special rules.

Wishlisting faggots abound.

Forgeworld tech marine.

They're kind of a pain to clip together and there isn't a huge amount of flat space for scatter terrain. Also, you need to get some bubble wrap to go between the boards or they scuff the shit out of each other.

That said, you can set it up on a surprisingly small table and it packs down really well for storage and transport. If you're short on space it's not a bad option.

Literally everything was leaked days ago by the same guy who leaked all the WoM stuff, you tool.

I've considered it in the past, close quarters Tau is probably viable if you mean close quarters and not melee. It'd be entirely possible to play very aggressively with fusion/plasma/flamer equipped crisis suits, mechanised fire warriors (even better with breachers thanks to the new codex), and some burst cannon Riptides for serious melee, thanks to stomp. Maybe even throw in Ethereals and Cadre fireblades to buff Fire Warriors and you can get a pretty impressive point-blank pulse salvo.

The only issue is that either you annihilate whatever you just fired at/mop it up with a charge or you're basically gonna crumble against anything better than GEQ.

Or just magnetize the fuck outta them.

>not chocking on cocks
What a fag

Dude the leaks came from the guys holding the review books and so far the rules are the same (and yet some released the full artifacts, while others only mentioned the formations, etc) so it's all legit.

The book is officially out in four days anyway if you wanted to pepper your angus.

I2, shitty armour, no melee inv and only unwieldy melee with ap3+.

You called?

Fabius bile is a pretty solid bio-tech marine

I'm not sure if predators are actually any good. But I own 2 of them and a 3rd spare turret so may as well try

But how much does unwieldy matter when you're already
>I2
>melee race

are night lords going to be a usable or scary army to face now, or are they just going to be tossed aside in favour of EC/DG

It matters because you can't even use power axes to chop powerfisters apart.

How about you just play the army you like, not the one you think is the most "competitive?"

As a Blood Angels player I'm a little miffed that they get raptor troops, but at least we get furious charge and the red thirst.

Book isn't out yet.

Tossed aside because 90% of the meta doesn't care about fear because ATSKNF a retarded rule.

You can't do this with anyone, how does that matter specifically for Orks?

I said no homo mang, go be a fag somewhere else.

Okay let me look at this seriously though.

Do you need the sigil of corruption on the sorcerer? He's mainly a support character in a list like this. Also, why are the weapons on the predators so mismatched? One doesn't even have sponsons and another has a different turret?

A Warsmith would be really useful in this list fyi, I'd consider him if I were you. Sabotaging enemy cover and repairing those tanks would be a good idea. Helbrute or Bikes would also work as a distraction unit to get the enemy off your back: this list will have a lot of trouble with Genestealers and with loyalist drop podding.

But all the rules are.

As for Night Lords, yeah they seem kind of underwhelming for the most part, but if you really want to just run TONS of Raptors with HQs and nothing else, they're the way to go. Everything else will come with tax.

Also true, my main idea was focus on CQC as much as I could with my crisis suits, but still keeping them as a relatively good shooting squad if it doesn't exactly go well for me. Or if I want to deepstrike them and have them do something before turn 3.

And the only thing I'd want to charge without losing an entire crisis team would be vehicles and fairly weak/unexpecting infantry. With a 3 man crisis suit squad with fusion blades it's a 50/50 against a 10 man space marine squad, hitting on 5's wounding on 3's with 9 attacks plus a pseudo power fist, versus hitting on 3's wounding on 5's with 10 attacks.

I like the in lore style of Farsight and the way he implements the Mont'ka, and trying to balance that with a list that won't lose to everything it comes across. But also something casual and not cookie cutter Tau.

Literally every website is saying the exact same stuff about what's in the book. Everything leaked is confirmed.

Raptor troops, rerolling failed charges and having stealth and guaranteed night fighting are all awesome though.

Not OP (this time) but I got tired of the normal images. This is an image board, after all. so I decided to inject some new ones into the mix.

They aren't all winners, but someone else seems to like some of them, and this one seems to trigger so what the hell.

Normal makes you boring. I still like this one. I like its storied history. It's like a single used mini that gets repainted by many owners. The 9-tile version was funny at one time, but it's not needed now. I missed posting the timely halloween version and I'll probably miss posting the Christmas version, too. But I hope it continues to get updated with the game, anyway.

For Guard, would it be tacky to change the armor color for different platoons or vets? I'm also struggling to figure out what color to use for the tanks and vehicles.

Proper snaps or just Dakka "leaks"?

>Tossed aside because 90% of the meta doesn't care about fear because ATSKNF a retarded rule.
>implying 90% of the meta doesn't consist of tau or eldar
user please.

There have been some proper snaps. I don't give a shit about Night Lords so I didn't save them, but the truth is out there, user.

>crying about ATSKNF

It's kind of amazing how every CSM whiner is so bad at the game.

If you choose an army based on the current meta, you are truly a fool.

The rules come and go, but if you pick an army you like for aesthetic reasons you will always be happy.

Winning games is probably the smallest portion of the hobby compared to modeling, painting, and discussing the game. I'd rather lose an interesting narrative campaign than a cookie cutter tournament scenario.

>or just Dakka "leaks"
Not sure why you're putting "leaks" in quotation marks like an asshole when the guy who posted this stuff was 100% confirmed when WoM came out and the Night Lords snap on BoLS.

Jesus you fucking faggots who cannot tell apart real leaks from fake are the most annoying people. Stuff leaked at this caliber has literally never been wrong in the history of 40k.

Because we had 4 waves of straight guesses for Thousand Sons alone.

I agree. I'm going Night Lords regardless, but fear is 99% useless.

>implying you'd ever get close enough to the point that fear is relevant

>stealth
>jump pack Troops
>artificer armor in CSM
>Raptor Talon

They're decent. Not the super brokenness of Death Guard, but they are good at what they do.

Also they have enough morale reduction for it possibly to be actually relevant against many armies, not everyone is loyalists or mono-god legions. Most Eldar, Tau and Skitarii armies all skip over the morale game for bigger guns.

Seriously, CSM have access to leadership 9 and hatred ARMIES OF THE IMPERIUM, +2 ppm for ccws, and ample access to fearless but somehow they still whine about ATSKNF.

IT'S NOT THAT GREAT OF A RULE!!! IF IT COMES INTO PLAY CHANCES ARE YOU ARE ALREADY LOSING FFS!!!

No one can tell real leaks from the fakes without pics or credentialed leakers, dipshit.

But in this case that dipshit is right and the leaker has been vetted.