/swg/: Star Wars General: MORE GUNS edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!79:219,186,213:-1:9:;14::-1:-1:;154::-1:-1:;239:49:48:31:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!79:219,36,46:-1:9:;14::-1:-1:;154::-1:-1:;239:56:48:31:&sn=They came from behind
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Shadow_Generator
youtube.com/watch?v=rUXPjF3lEM4
youtu.be/cKL-6rBkQN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I fucking love KotOR rifles.

I fucking love the Moomo Williwaw.

So, interestingly the Planet of the Mists WEG splat has villain perspective cut-aways for cinematic flare. Which is pretty cool though I can't decide if it's too meta or not.

The Moomo brothers were possibly the best thing in the KotOR era.

Repeating question from previous thread, exactly how deadly are force-users (Sith/Jedi/etc) in the FFG tabletops?

More things need to be called the Orphanmaker.

Guy who hosted the .pdf on his Google Drive here, did that work for you?

Incidentally, I run a weekly D6 game and have periodic villain cutaways/vignettes that I use to ratchet up the tension or explain what's happening behind the scenes.

It's a good way to get the players familiar with all the moving pieces and power players.

Exposition can be important. Just like the movies, I prefer to tell the "viewers" that there's a bounty hunter dispatched to take them down before one ever appears in-game. It creates a sense of foreboding and has them second-guessing everyone.

Plus, there's no confusion when a thermal detonator lands at their feet.

I've been rather successful at it, but I'm a good writer. I sometimes hand them out in advance, to keep the players wondering all week.

You should try it.

So, Question from the last thread-

How viable are Three-Striker lists?

Is the best way to use a Striker Trio 3x Black Squadron with Crack at 60 points?

>no stock

that shit really needs to stop

Worked perfectly. Also there is a really good image of the Bakura Prefab Garrison base in the Truce at Bakura source book. I would upload it, but mobile data limits.

I'm partial to Czerka Corporation, Taris, ancient Sith lore, Kreia, Revan's twist, mass shadow generators, HK-47, Demagol, the baggage-stealing droids on Telos, and Elbee refusing all before the Moomo Brothers, but they're a close 11th.

That is the one flaw. I tend to imagine a very small extendable stock like the one on the death trooper rifles.

If you let someone stack move and then give them heavy shit to throw they can kill very quickly, but otherwise force users are generally LESS killy than a gunman with equal XP

Doing an LGS X-Wing tournament this Sunday. I'm considering these two builds and am open to critiques and revisions. The one on the right is untested, but has a solid concept of Wes Janson shooting first, stripping tokens, and letting Tycho get his Opportunist on while Red Ace tanks by getting evade tokens pretty much no matter what.

The one on the left was tested against a pretty skilled opponent. I ended up winning by the grace of his entire squad being Attanni Mindlinked. I just kept tractor beaming him into debris fields which would stress all three of his ships. At a point, I think he might have been getting more stressed than his pilots.

Thoughts?

Isn't that just because Autofire is broken? Lightsabers are super strong and several other force powers give you huge advantages over normies.

>Isn't that just because Autofire is broken?
pretty much. force users pull away when XP totals get really high, but in most campaigns they aren't that bad
>several other force powers give you huge advantages over normies.
true, but to get to the point of using those powers consistently and effectively requires a TON of XP

Depends on which career they take.
Generally though if you want big body counts the Hired Gun's tend to do most of the murdering (Last one standing- signature ability) as that's pretty much all they do. Course if someone does get into range of a homicidal, laser bat swinging space wizard, they're gunna get their shit all fucked up. Force abilities are 'good', but they're also quite large xp sinks, so its a bit of a trade off and balancing act between those and other skills/talents.
So while you might hear the odd horror story of someone that just does 'Move Object' and throws freighters at people, its pretty unlikely to develop in any organic game over time as they'll quickly learn that having one party trick doesn't help them survive very long against a galactic empire with ALL the party tricks + being shot repeatedly.

Also, speaking from experience of actually having a PC bench press a JumpMaster with his mind - you quickly run into complex issues of what you do after you've picked up the bloody thing.

Yes, you are now holding onto a SIL 4 spaceship and keeping it at about Short range. That's kind of your thing while some auto turrets shoot at you, and the rest of the party is holding down the fort in the sky waiting to see if you do the thing you didn't tell them you were gonna do because we're not using the "J" word. What do you do next, chief?

(He used leap to jump onto the back and then held on for dear life while it tried to fly into space, only for the Smuggler to shoot it down in an airspeeder and create an amazing scene as it crashed into a jungle)

Hey, if you take a talent that lets your Lightsaber checks operate off a stat other than Br, is your max ranks in the skill still bound by Br? Obviously thats something a GM can house rule, but I'm curious because if the Raw rules say no that seems like an obvious oversight.

Max ranks in a skill is never bound by the attribute. You take the higher of which as green dice, and upgrade it to yellow by the lowest.

Ah, that makes much more sense. I should tell my GM his buddies taught him the rules wrong.

I still need to download the paperbacks for the KOTOR comic. I think I only read the first 3 volumes. How much longer is it?

>Isn't that just because Autofire is broken? Lightsabers are super strong and several other force powers give you huge advantages over normies.

Autofire may be brutal, but a well built gunfighter can often go toe to toe with a force user without it and is generally more useful in a variety of tactical situations. Force power use is often constrained by the narrative too, you don't want to attract the wrong attention after all. In the end I think it's better to leave it to the shooty people to be the combat monsters while the space wizards use their power to do the kind of shit other people simply can't. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to fight, but a jedi that can only swing a laser stick super good is less useful than a jedi that can swing a laser stick adequately and also brings other abilities to the table.

Quite fond of the Foresee and Enhance powers anyway, have a lot more effectiveness and utility for characters.
They're a lot more practical use without always being grossly obvious and players don't feel the need to pout if they can't find something huge to throw at someone.

Course, if they go full mad "Jedi menace to society" in the Empire era, they've also found that laser bat wielding psycho's throwing shit around, also gets a commensurate reaction from the Imperials... yeah we're sort of sorry about that proton artillery bombardment, but you know. There was a jedi confirmed in the area and it had to be done

How useful is Enhance's "force jump as manuever?" power up? It seems really awesome to have so much mobility, but I'm wondering if it just seems that way on paper. Especially since I'm an Ataru Striker so I already have Hawkbat and Saber Throw to look forward to.

I mean, you have different options, but remember that's any location horizontal or vertical and all you need is a force pip. Chasm? Catwalks? Pit full of Rancors? Land not in a pit full of Rancors?

All are mechanically possible under Force Leap - no need to worry.

List 1: Lose the clusters on Maarek to give the Inquisitor his proper 31 point loadout.

Lose the Advanced sensors and give Backdraft VI and FCS.

Give Maarek VI as well, and if you have the points left over consider an ion instead, but TB is good too.

List 2: Swap R2-D2 over to Red Ace, give Wes Janson stressbot instead.

Get rid of Tycho entirely and replace him with Keyan Farlander with Opportunist, if you want to go that route.

I've run that combo some, and it's not bad but it tends to fall to pieces in the mid game.

Czerka and mass shadow gens existed before kotor

>Demagol

Fucking triggered

Are the thr fighter pilots and maintenance crews considered to be part of the ship's crew compliment on ships like a neblon b or quasar or are they considered to be passengers.

/swg/ does this list work?

The Phantom is the only 4 Attack ship in the game with an EPT slot, so I decided to see what I could do with it and Swarm Leader.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!79:219,186,213:-1:9:;14::-1:-1:;154::-1:-1:;239:49:48:31:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Swarm Leader 3
Collision Detector 0
Hotshot Co-pilot 4
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 43

"Night Beast" — TIE Fighter 15
Ship Total: 15

"Chaser" — TIE Fighter 14
Ship Total: 14

"Pure Sabacc" — TIE Striker 22
Opportunist 4
Lightweight Frame 2
Adaptive Ailerons 0
Ship Total: 28

I'm a little uncertain about the initiative drop on Whisper that comes from him dropping VI, but pairing up Hotshot Co-Pilot with Opportunist Sabbac means that there's two sources of 7 AD in the list.

They're crew

With all the bullshit the Striker can pull has outmanuver finally found a home?

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!79:219,36,46:-1:9:;14::-1:-1:;154::-1:-1:;239:56:48:31:&sn=They came from behind

How would one blasterize this beauty?

Here you go

9/10, needs a completely pointless optic pointed the wrong way.

There's fifty issues in total, but it's a damn good read.

>Czerka and mass shadow gens existed before kotor

Czerka was invented for the West End Games Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, published in 1990. It was briefly mentioned in the Luceno novel Cloak of Deception (2001), and then made its first major appearance in KotOR.

The Mass Shadow Generator was created for - and made its first appearance in - KotOR II. Perhaps you were thinking of gravity well projectors?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Shadow_Generator

Fifty issues and a decent enough miniseries.

Like this. I only did the top picture, because fuck duplicating shit.

I think I disagree on the muzzle part, but something should probably run under the protruding bit of barrel, SW generally doesn't do lower-rod rifles.

Maybe a perforated barrel shroud over the first six inches of barrel, gas tube and handguard?

Is there any good land-based Star Wars game that's easy to get into?

Imperial Assault is fun if you want a skirmish-type game. FFG's RPGs and WEG's d6 RPG also have fun ground combat if those are what you're looking for.

Seriously that guy was fucked up

what a madman

What exactly was the difference between the MSG and a really big gravity well projector? I never really understood.

Only one makes Asian food taste really salty.

WEG has good mass combat?

Does the Republic have any requirements on member states systems of rule? As in, do you have to be a democracy or is it open to all types who are willing to work together? I'm leaning towards the latter being the case since the Republic seems to be more of a massive free trade agreement than anything else.

I think they need a degree of Representative government to get full voting membership.

A gravity well projector SIMULATES the effect of a planetary body mass to scramble ships abilities to exit/enter hyperspace in its field. A mass shadow generator actually amplifies the natural shadow mass generated by planetary bodies (hence being based on a planet) to blow every fucking thing up in near proximity. Supposedly only worked on Malachor V, theorized to be able to work on other planets but Bao Dur never did it again for obvious reasons.
One messes with your computer, the other kills you and everyone else who thinks Revan understood pretzels.

Old or new republic? It probably differs

I was thinking old republic. The New republic is always a mess to compare with

Actually no, gravity wells don't fuck up navigation they physically destroy ships so if you attempted to jump you would be spaced almost immediately. Most modern ships just have safety mechanisms to drop out of hyperspace before you kill yourself.

They probably theoretically pretend to have standards, but if you have influence of any kind you can circumvent them

Imperial Assault is pretty good. It has a campaign mode similar to a game like Dawn of War II, but it also has a typical tabletop army skirmish mode. There are some really fun but really weird scenarios you can set up with friends: Stormtroopers holding out against an army of Tuskens led by Vader, or Rebels trying to take out a Wookiee fortress.

WEG's mass combat is tolerable but clunky. D20/Saga's mass combat is a complete mess. FFG's mass combat is the best of the bunch, but it still has its flaws. Trying to do mass combat in nearly any TTRPG is difficult, but FFG and its genius minion system is probably the best I've played.

Check out the Age of Rebellion GM Kit and the Onslaught at Arda I books if you want good mass combat ideas for any system. They're brilliant.

Onslaught in particular is an excellent scenario when its mass combat kicks in, since you truly feel like you're part of the battle but not deciding it. You may suck terribly and do poorly yourselves, but the dice may favor your side and you win anyway. Conversely you may fight like gods but the Rebels still get their asses caved in.

youtube.com/watch?v=rUXPjF3lEM4

kino

>the Ghost
OH SHIT. REBELS IN ROGUE ONE.

So whats the prediction for FFG Star Wars RPG once all the Class Books are released?

Is FFG going to move and forget about the RPG?

Make new Core Books?

Make 2nd Editions?

Make Supplement Books for Other Era's?

FFG will move on and do other things instead

It's this fucking shit all over again.

LUCAS PLEASE COME BACK. I'LL FORGIVE YOU, EVEN FOR JARJAR. I JUST WANT YOU BACK IN CHARGE.

Fuck you mate, this looks amazing.

Lucas even said he loved it

Supposedly they're working on another big expansion, or possible some WEG-style source books or expansions for playing Imperial and other factions. Presumably they'll also do more work on the Force Awakens canon.

Fuck you mate, keep your baby shows with shit claymation outta my Star Wars.

LUCAS BABY PLEASE

We thank you for your minority opinion, but don't expect many to agree with you.

Rebels and TCW is great. More star wars is great.

Under Lucas, we'd still have nothing, not even new movies.

The only baby I see here is you and your tantrum, user.

Ideally more location spotlights (like they did with Nal Hutta & Corellia), some kind of bestiary/enemy book, maybe a weapons & technology book and oh, I dunno, maybe a starship book with revised starfighter combat.

If they really want to milk it, they could do that for the three different lines.

I don't see them moving on unless working with Disney/Lucasfilm is way more of a hassle than making lots of money with the miniatures games.

Probably just a cameo. Interesting that they've got Neb-Bs in the Rebel fleet already.

I'd prefer that to Mickey Mouse shoving his dick into what we love. Lucas wasn't perfect, but at least he might've seen something besides money in his work. With Disney they see nothing else but dollar signs. There's no love, no passion, no ambition, and no vision in anything they do. It's all about milking franchises dry, selling them to little kids, and getting as much money as possible from their assembly line production facilities full of cold, calculated and underpaid workers.

Lucas sat in his ranch letting the license get thrown around haphazardly to any cowboy company that paid for it. As much as I hate the Disney Illuminati getting ANOTHER million dollar IP, they're taking much better care of it than he ever did.

>With Disney they see nothing else but dollar signs.
How old are you?

Do you not remember the merchandising from the 80's/90's/00's?

The series has always been about making money.

As opposed to what Lucas did, allowing anyone who gave him a little bit of money to dick with established canon, make shoddy products, and milk the franchise dry. I mean I love Kirkbride but holy fuck why the hell was he ever allowed to write a Star Wars novel? And the only good thing that came out of that retarded marketing blitz in the 90's is the Dark Horse comic series, that JarJar sucker that tongues your children, and a couple of games.

>Supposedly they're working on another big expansion

That would be interesting. What would be a good expansion for the RPG?

I'd personally like a core book, or some supplements for KotOR\TotJ era (although we'd likely get TOR era shit, so maybe its not worth it) - but it doesn't seem like it would really be worth it, considering its not hard to convert the current game to work in that era.

Force Awakens era just needs more flesh, because its awfully bare at the moment - theres not enough setting detail to run a campaign during that time.

>some kind of bestiary/enemy book, maybe a weapons & technology book and oh, I dunno, maybe a starship book with revised starfighter combat.

These are all great, and much needed

go back to /tv/ and stay there, shitposter.

It depends. There's a lot they could do:

TOR/KOTOR, Clone Wars, Legacy/post-Endor era, Imperial-themed expansion, Force Awakens, or something else entirely.

I remember the marketing, but it was nowhere near as aggressive as it is with Disney. They're also already "toning down" Rogue One for being "too dark", fancy way of saying it's too smart and they're making it stupider and more family-friendly.

When Episode XXIV roles around and the Empire of Meaniepoopyheads has to stop a quirky cast of sitcom characters from stopping them from building a space station that is literally a giant Mickey Mouse head while JarJar farts and a laugh track plays, you'll wish Lucas came back.

People rejoiced when EA gobbled up independent IPs too, saying they'd reinvigorate the franchises and make something new, something better.

If EA doesn't ruin what they touch, they throw it out and kill it. Disney does the same but on a far larger, far more aggressive scale.

>Imperial-themed expansion

This would be great, but with all the political controversy, I hope FFG\Disney doesn't get cold feet on "glorifying the Empire"

The last thread went full stupid on that

>nowhere near as aggressive as it is with Disney
Holy shit are you serious.

We had literally less than side characters as figure back n the day.

Please leave because you are obviously underage.

>a starship book with revised starfighter combat
I didn't think I'd ever want to pay for porn until you said that.

Besides house rules, what's the key to running a starfighter-based campaign?

I saw that. It was a retarded version of the Clerks argument. I don't get why people argue in-universe politics. It's fiction. Support who you want and don't sperg out.

That being said, it's not a matter of whether or not FFG gets cold feet, it's whether or not an Imperial expansion would be marketable. Their current line is "just reskin Age of Rebellion", which works to an extent and there's no shortage of homebrewed rules and content for Imperial campaigns. I'm not sure it's something profitable enough to warrant anything more than a 20-30 page sourcebook, if that. My bet is that FFG is either going to keep chugging through the Force Awakens or go back and start doing the Clone Wars, which is a very hotly suggested setting that isn't as easy to make just by reskinning the original books.

Truth is there's good and bad under both regimes. Lucas-era Star Wars had the original trilogy, Dark Horse comics, the WEG-RPG, the 90s EU, the 90s-Early 00s vidya era and way better Hasbro figures. On the other hand, it also had the New Jedi Order, the Prequel Trilogy, the Star Wars Holiday Special and the Ewoks cartoon.

Disney era's got an okay but derivative movie, a (hopefully) promising movie about to come out, a decent-good tv show, some good comics and novels and the FFG RPG, but its also got Wibbly-Wobbly Wendig and Battlefront. Its way too soon for NuCanon to have shit the bed in the way the old canon did, but also has yet to reach the heights it could as well.

NPC's that matter, have detailed character, and therefore meaning when they just become cannon fodder

Uh what? The 90s had good novels, comics and a good chunk of the WEG golden age, PLUS the games.

I... What? You do realize Lucas poured a huge chunk of his own fortune into TCW to make it happen right?

>nowhere near as aggressive
HAHA YOU FUCKING WHAT M8?

Excuse me, I'm going to read my Star Wars novels, which all have 7 different interpretations of the exact same events, the 3 lore bibles required to understand them, my Darth Vader kite, my set of Luke Skywalker bed sheets, and my collection of 4 toy Jawas which are just the same fucking toy with different boxes. Then i'm going to pull out my Jar Jar canteen which I bought with the money from my Jar Jar piggy bank and drink this can of soda with a picture of Yoda on it, and suck on my Jar Jar Binks sucker.

>Star Wars Holiday Special

You can't tell me you hate Jefferson Starship in Star Wars

youtu.be/cKL-6rBkQN0

I never said there was nothing at all good from the Lucas Era, but there was also an obscene amount of garbage, particularly in the late 90's and early 2000's. And not all of the Dark Horse comics were amazing. Devil Worlds comes to mind. "IT'S TWILIGHT ZONE IN SPAAAAAAAACEEEE!"

You do that. I'll play with my Star Wars lego set, all 10 of them priced $100 each depicting the same event while watching some show for little kids on Disney with R2 and C3PO in it while watching a movie that recycles the entire plot of Episode IV with extra diversity with a movie set to release every single year so more Star Wars cereal can be made so long as the movies are dull, generic, and family-friendly while also keeping in line with a Disney cartoon with awful animation where everyone outside of the main cast is a retard and the main cast serves a Rebellion formed by an obnoxious brat and literally JarJar Binks himself.

>some show for little kids on Disney with R2 and C3PO in it
But the Droids cartoon was actually fun.

And while you're doing that I'll watch my two straight-to-video Ewok movies and hunt down a copy of the Holiday Special so I can watch Princess Leia try to pretend that she didn't just shotgun enough oxy to kill a horse.

Take your own advice and begone, shitposter.

>watch Princess Leia try to pretend that she didn't just shotgun enough oxy to kill a horse.

>he doesn't like rebels or nucanon
>he must be a shitposter

sage goes in all fields

Barring the imperial themed expansion, which would be a smart way to do a campaign sourcebook that opens up gaming in the period of "early empire, pots rots", empre at its height yavin to endor, and then what I presume would be the most interesting era, post endor, though Disney seems to have cut that short but hey I don't think the rpg is canon anyway so they cna do their own thing. Anyway, barring the imperial campaign, they should probably come up with their own setting that is either set way in the past (or the future, it's the same thing in Star wars), where the Jedi and Sith are at their height of power and going at it. Probably sets up the most different campaign atmosphere which opens up a sufficient amount of different-from-the-OT storylines.

Its not about not liking something user, its about your posts being written by a raging faggot.

The good thing about FFG is it's pretty loose canon-wise. They actively encourage you to build your own lore and own world out of your adventures, and give you tips on how to incorporate them into Star Wars lore or change Star Wars lore outright through you and the rest of the group's actions. It allows for some very interesting and creative gameplay and storylines.

They'll probably start printing more adventure books, which will be great because the one's I've played are brilliant.

>he doesn't like rebels or nucanon
>he must be a raging faggot

all fields sage goes in