So for a little while now soulsborne has been a hot topic it seems...

So for a little while now soulsborne has been a hot topic it seems. Every time I see a thread I pop in to see if anything interesting comes up.
It never does.It's always the same shit. the same arguing over what system to use, or showing off the same 3 or 4 homebrews. That's great, but not what i want to see.
What I want is something more, something fresh. I want your characters, your ideas, your flavors of hunter workshops and disciplines. Lets actual bring something fresh to the table.

Above all, tell me of your trick weapons. Inspire me and others with your strangest and most interesting combos.

I'll start with what meager art I've dredged up on deviant art. A couple neat ones came up at least.

I really like this one. wouldn't really change anything.

Another good one. I'm not sure I'd run shields, but it could make an interesting off hand weapon. Although as a main hand it might offer some interesting combos with firearms.

Love this one. It would function as the hunters axe, but would scale with skill.

Fire tonitrus. Simple.

Also, after I'm done I'll probably post armor sets. I'm really lacking in that field so those would also be appreciated.

Another one I like. It would be like a blunt cane whip in your off hand while still giving you a torches light.

I'd probably use this like the saw cleaver, Not much needs changing, it's ok.

A friend loves this one. He's a tonfa fag. I'd probably make this an arcane variant to the blades of mercy and beast claws. Not sure what would be good for a bloodtinge equivalent.

How about a saw type weapon that tricks by straitening the teeth and becoming a sword breaker

There may have been other hunters that strayed from the path like Djura, or more hunter of hunters like Eline in the later days that would necessitate a weapon as effective against beast as other hunters

This one is okay. Not sure if the drill or the handle is supposed to be the normal mode. but, it gets an A for flavor in my book.

Saved my favorite for last. Only thing I'd change is I'd have a bit of the blade come out to make a bayonet. but really i love this one.

That's neat. So it would be one edged? Or would one side be serrated and you turn it over to cut stuff? Using the prongs to catch weapons then.

So I'll be moving on to outfits now. Won't have much for commentary.

This guy will definitely be an npc

Some kind of loli death machine?!

Think I'll call it here for tonight. Realizing it's almost four here, I need sleep. I'll pick it up tomorrow.
Funnily enough, this is my fucking roommate. Small fucking world!

while I'm here, WHY DID THE MODS DELETE THE LAST THREAD?

PAGE 3
ON TOPIC FOR THE BOARD
SFW CONTENT ONLY
WHAT THE SHIT GUYS...

>Church Greatshears

>A trick weapon in the form of an enormous sword. Invented by the Smiling Hunter Bernard.

>Inspired by the Blades of Mercy of the old Workshop, this blade splits into two when transformed, and can be combined yet again to form a deadly set of shears that tear through flesh like paper.

I imagine it being a one handed UGS when untransformed, but turns into a set of fuckoff huge scissors. Moveset consists of undoing the scissors and attacking with both smaller greatswords, and the L2 is a continuous snibeti snab like the pizza cutter's.

THREAD BUMP

OP here. Overslept something fierce. I'll have to finish my dump when I get home from work.

You know, shears seem to be a really popular idea. I've seen at least three versions and now yours. How peculiar.

this isn't /v/ is why

GODDDAMMIT WE WERE DOING TTRPG MECHANICS.

THAT DOESN'T BELONG ON /V/

>You know, shears seem to be a really popular idea. I've seen at least three versions and now yours. How peculiar.
You would think their shear popularity would've resulted in some DLC by now.

I guess From has lost their way

They lost their way when they stopped making Armored Core.

My favorite weapons from Bloodborn were always the Parasite+Lumen wood amd Beast Claw+Embrace, so if there was ever a Bloodborne RPG transformation stuff like that would be pretty nice.

I was always fascinated by the idea of "living" weapons. Those and the amygdayla arm were some of the most fun dwelling on. Unfortunately, the axe and hammer own my heart.

Kintsukuroi- a washing pole weapon. Noteworthy is that the blade is broken, only about a quarter of the blade is usable. The rest of the blade is kept in the scabbard. The tricked form is when you cut yourself with the blade and sheath the sword. The blood flows thru the scabbard and fills in the broken parts repairing the blade becoming the full washing pole.

Kintsukuroi means to repair with gold. It uses gold or silver lacquer to repair pottery. Understanding that the piece was more beautiful for having been broken.

I had an idea a while back for a magic weapon in D&D, never ended up using it but thinking about it now it kinda works as a Trick Weapon in a sense. Called it the "Parascythe", because puns.

Effectively it's a living creature that feeds off of blood, but since it is completely immobile on it's own, it goes into deep hibernation states when it's not currently feeding to preserve energy. It's normal form is that of a medium length war-scythe, the pole bit being made of strange hardened plates not unlike scales. It can be used as a regular war scythe, but once tasting blood in battle begins to wake up, and moves almost entirely on it's own to seek out more blood.

If you've seen or read Parasyte, that's the major inspiration for it.

Forgot my reference pic. But it might help get the idea across.