/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

>Latest News
Fighter UA is out! dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/fighter
Be sure to fill out the survey on last week's Druids.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Not going to link the previous travesty of a thread.

Have you used any type of psionic creature in your game recently? How did that go?

1st for all kobold party, give me those ideas!

Kill all furries ending with yourself

Path of Jihad Barbarian

Whilst Raging they project an aura that makes anyone of their own race within 10ft turn against their allies and join the Barbarian's holy crusade

When you score a crit with a melee weapon, you cause an explosion by yelling Allahu Ackbar!!

When your character kills an unarmed character who doesn't share his religion, the Barbarian and 1 ally that shares his religion/class level are sustained by milk & honey from Heaven.

>implying a new thread will end the fighting

set a group expedition to acquire banana nut bread from the nearest civilization for the tribe mother without getting killed on sight.

Have half the people play kobolds raised in a city, and the other half play a bunch of kobolds from a tribe serving a dragon.

Have them all play kobolds as your level 3 fighter tries to kill all of them.

Adventurers killed the dragon you serve and took all their loot.

You're now unemployed and need to find a new dragon and convince it to let you serve it.

An extremely autistic fighter single handedly slaughtered your tribe

He, through sheer force of autism alone, has now become an unstoppable force threatening your fellow shitty pest lizard people around the world

Are you a bad enough shitty pest lizard person to stop him?

What happened last thread?
It was generating some good ideas and had good debates going?
Are you that autistic?

Beedins just want become baker, why Beedins need always go steal from softies?

Someone make Lost Mines of Philadelphia.

And it better have a Fresh Prince.

>good ideas
>good debates

lol

whoa whoa, wtf beedins, who said anything about stealing. fuck, you're the reason everybody looks down on us kobolds.

also cuz were short.

OP is showing his power level and is impotently demonstrating his autist rage.

I was wondering what the fuck was going on in 5eg

Then I remembered that the aussies are up

>Character sheet's spell sheet only has room for 12 spells per level but Cleric has like 18 spells of each level
Fuaaarrkk

>aussies

oh yeah. that explains everything.

Asking again here; what feat should I get for my Eldritch Knight? I'm looking for something that doesn't require a specific type of weapon (I now use a normal halberd but since I play AL the chances of getting a specific type of magic weapon are slim at best).

I could also just increase my strength.

Hey, fuck you.

Grab the domain specific sheets, should be able to find them via google, wanna say from reddit. The only issue is the lack of SCAG and EE spells, but that doesnt matter to clerics.

increase strength.

get ritual caster for those sweet sweet rituals.

get mobile because its a criminally underrated feat.

warcaster? fuck idk user its literally up to you. you cant go wrong either way.

fucking kek'd

Magic Initiate Shillelagh, GFB and a spell like Mage armor that you'll only want to cast 1/day

Bards and rogues should get proficiency in politics. They'd make great demagogues and charlatans.

They already can, see deception+persuasion.

Well, that's brilliant. They are already set to be transported to the modern world, and don't tell me a modern day D&D urban arcana setting doesn't excite you.

Ugly as fuck, good thing the guy included the .docx so I can edit it myself

What's the best class for an earnest young noble who desperately wants to be a real hero?

Battlemaster or bard

I play with two aussies on roll20 and they are the best

Well when they can actually play, normally they're about half an hour late CUS YA SHIT FUCKIN INTERNET MATE HAHA

Commoner.
Expert.

We're not that bad, but our cultural proclivity to swear our fucking faces off is seen as shocking in some places.

Yeah, our internet is the fucking worst. It is literally the worst out of anywhere.

Battlemaster is like... a battlemaster, not some pomped up noble with a sword.

Maybe champion? The expanded crits can just be them getting stupid fucking lucky. Def not bard, the noble kid is also a full caster?

If they are somewhat trained cavalier or knight would work

How would you stat a tank, or a car, or a jet in 5e? Or would I have to break out Ultramodern?

nah, your shitters and instigators mate.
cursing i can handle, its being unable to tell if your being serious or are trolltastic. and i always lean towards the latter.

If he really wants to show off he's a hero?
Swashbuckler.

Hilariously, Barbarian.

Is your brain incapable of doing anything else?

Well my auscunts were saying something about a new internet thing rolling out for you guys soon? Forget what it was but he was saying something like 150 down

They sounded optimistic about it. That could have just been the drop bear venom though

Harden the fuck up, princess.

>your

oh, im rock hard without the need for a blue pill, babydoll.

It's a lifestyle, mate, don't take anything too seriously.

Yeah, the NBN, but our pollies are fucking retarded.

Drop bears are a serious issue here. You gotta prepare yourselves whenever you guys come over for a visit. Remember to smear vegemite on your face, you'd never get attacked that way.
Otherwise you're fair game, mate.

>Ultimate Magus
>Wizard archetype, replaces Sorcerer

2nd: Sorcerous Savant - can scribe Instantaneous spells for half cost into spellbook

2nd: Font of Magic - as sorcerer

6th: Metamagic - choose a number of metamagic options = Int Modifier, when you prepare spells for the day choose two Metamagic options to be available to you for the day

10th: Magic In The Blood: Any round you begin with no Sorcery Points, you can take a bonus action to gain 1 sorcery point.

14th: Incantatrix - can ready a 3rd Metamagic option, can switch them out for others (reset on a long rest)

Thoughts?

Where are there two threads?

OP of this one threw a shitfit because people mentioned politics

>Run a game with lots of wilderness exploration
>Usually only one or two encounters per day

>Change Short Rests to ten minutes
>Change Long Rests to a week spent in a town

What do I fuck up by doing this? The intent is to add a bit of resource management into wilderness adventures but give the martial characters a small boost in dungeons.
I guess the Warlock gets a huge boost, which might need to be dealt with.

ok make up your kobold team!

rogue thief
revised ranger beast conclave (boar), fighter knight or battlemaster (the brave kobold rides in valiantly as his boar squeals into battle!)
Sorcerer draconic heritage (duh)
Some sort of druid, can't decide on circle

Depends how long the characters hang out in the wilderness. The game isn't balanced for 10+ encounters between long rests.

>Spare the Dying, the cantrip that is replaced by a 5 gp item (5 sp/use)

It really hurts casters, warlocks likely having the most spells ber long rest period fairly frequently.

How do we fix the sorcerer?

It actually matters now that grave domain exists.

This is as bad as /pfg/.

Nerf the wizard

yep.

either that or let the sorcerer use the spell points variant in the DMG.

or both.

Is it possible to melee someone with the Arcane Arrow? Would a piercing shot's arrow still retain its bypassing property if caught and thrown back via deflect missiles?

I've been debating on trying to combine sorcery points and spell points, but everything ive tried results in too many high level spells.

define "high level spells"

thats kind of the point user. sorcerers dont get jack diddly squat. let them have their cake.

From past experience, most excursions took a week or less.
Really, it depends on the map scale and the encounter chance. Lowering it to one hostile encounter every couple of days might actually be more realistic from a geographical expedition perspective.

I feel like casters could do with knocking down a peg or two anyway, but then my last campaign had a player that managed to continuously abuse Conjure Animals, so that might just be me.

No and no. But you already knew that, didn't you?

>sorcerers dont get jack diddly squat
This is stupid and also wrong. Just because wizards are OP doesn't mean sorcs are UP.

WotC's attitudes towards warlocks are laughable. "Don't give the warlock a spell you don't want abused, because they get a LOT OF SPELL SLOTS"
Bitch please, if anything warlocks get almost nothing in normal rules and normal groups with MAYBE one short rest per day.

oh, im sorry, i didnt realize metamagic made up for having a worse spell list and a lack of recovery mechanic on short rest.

my bad user.

If were not supposed to compare the sorc to a wiz, do tell, then, what we're supposed to compare it to.

> The arrow is a magic weapon that deals an additional 2d6 force damage on a hit.

You can use the arrow as an improvised stabbing weapon (1d4 damage), which on a hit would add the force damage, since it's not specified how you hit.

The piercing arrow is destroyed at the end of the line. The problem arises when Arcane Arrow says it's destroyed when it hits or misses, but piercing arrow hits several targets. However, it's specified to be ethereal, so I'd say you can't grab onto it, since it passes through creatures.

You are purposely reading my comment obtusely. The sorc doesn't need a boost because it's fine compared to the average. What you need is to nerf the wizard.
Or you could keep being a sarcastic bitch your whole life, I don't care.

why pick a sorc when you can be a wizard?

flavor? RP reasons? you can literally reskin the wizard in the same way. as it stands, the sorcerer shouldn't be a class of its own. THAT is why.

(also you're retarded lol)

>you can literally reskin the wizard in the same way

>Ultimate Magus
>Wizard archetype, replaces Sorcerer

2nd: Sorcerous Savant - can scribe ??? spells for half cost into spellbook

2nd: Font of Magic - Gain pool of Sorcery Points = half Wizard level. Can convert spell slots and points as a sorcerer.

6th: Metamagic - choose 2 metamagic options, when you prepare spells for the day choose one Metamagic option to be available to you for the day

10th: Magic In The Blood: Any round you begin with no Sorcery Points, you can take an action to gain 1 sorcery point.

14th: Incantatrix - choose a 3rd Metamagic option, can switch readied option for another one known (rest on a long rest)

Thoughts?

Has anyone converted the Star Pact warlock over to 5e?

Significantly more highest level spells potentially per rest. Limiting them specifically seems off and defeats the point.
Maybe it's not a bad thing, but it isn't something i've played with.

OP OP OP OP OP OP OP OP

WERE TRYING TO NERF THE WIZARD, NOT MAKE IT BETTER YOU DUNCE.

I'm not, I'm trying to kill the sorcerer

Meh, my group averages 2 per long, but 10 minute to 7 days is VASTLY different, and would result in cantrip spam and sparse healing.

Jesus Christ, can you even read?
Nerf. The. Fucking. WIZARD.

Then people will play a sorcerer if that's what they want.

you dont kill the sorcerer by rolling its class features into the wizard. thats literally cancer.

holy fuck monkey, can YOU read? the sorcerer is POINTLESS. Nerf the wizard, i agree, but the sorcerer, as it stands, has no distinction from the wizard as an arcane caster. and seriously, metamagic is a fucking gimmick.

Yeah, and which levels are the "highest levels"? 6-9?
Sorcery points cannot create higher than 5th level spells, and Spell Points can only make 1 spell a day for each of levels 6, 7, 8, and 9 which seems to prevent "too many high level spells"
Or is this where the "Limiting them specifically seems off" comment comes into play? All I can say there is it doesn't seem very off to me.
If you really feel that it's too off to only do 1/ea/day, you could try introducing rapid scaling past the first spell of each you make (eg, if you've already Spell pointed 1 7th level spell slot today, the 2nd will cost double, the 3rd costs triple, etc). Dunno how the math works out there, but it definitely decreases the amount they get.

>tfw the same subhumans that call lore 'fluff' are the same spergs that call characters 'toons'
At least they'll never reproduce.

It's an archetype, not standard class features. You don't get to be a Diviner or a Necromancer if you take this

i like this idea user. get yourself a cookie. you deserve it.

shit, im going to steal this for my homebrew class, maybe.

thats still really strong for an archetype. wizard keeps its base features.

I don't think they are the same people, honestly.
And the ubermenschen call it 'background'.

Where did 'lore' in that sense come from anyway? I don't remember ever seeing it before, say, World of Warcraft came out.

Highest meaning currently highest castable by a character, especially around 4-6th level spells at the level you first get them.
I was specifically talking about a spell point conversion that added sorcery points to the total, and using it as a single resource pool.
Yes, to me it feels clunky to limit any specific spell levels when using points, when the benefit is versatility.
It may actually just be entirely fine anyway, but i can't be sure without trying it, and it reads too potent on paper to me.

I like the idea of giving a party a home base to put under attack. What lair actions, if any, would you give to PCs?

One player in my players wants to play an Arcane Archer, but I find that the fixed number of uses in Create Magic Arrow is very low.

I'm think of scaling its uses off INT. Any suggestions?

Well, BM's superiority die scale anyway without making them MAD, but sure, that's a start.

just bump it up to 3, it's a much better number

Knight 3 / Bearbarian X?
Knight 3 / Monk X?

1+int min 2 seems reasonable, and may encourage a dex-int-con priority, which is cool.

Just tie the number of uses to the proficiency bonus.

Knight 3 / Rogue X
Sneak attack erryday

My problem with that is: 6 uses/short rest is a lot.
I may or may not go for 1+(Prof/2).

KOBOLD DRAGON-HUNTING PARTY COME ON

None, that's a dumb idea. If they want a base that defends itself, they're going to have to hire a garrison.

A fighter with 20 int deserves something to show for it, more likely it'll be 2-4 per short, depending on feat count.

This also means INT is a dump stat again. Which is fine mechanically, not that much thematically.

Remember: they can still miss.

What if a party installs traps, hidden magic triggers, trained animals, or highers guards? Don't those constitute potential Lair Actions?

I think I like this one the most because incorporating INT makes sense, even though having 3 priorities kind of sucks.

It is a lot but meh, it required a lot of INT and ASI investment
Would you round up or down? I'd probably round up so that the +3 actually matters. But then the +6 wouldn't matter at the end, but then again meh level 17+.

No. Those constitute traps that go off only if triggered and/or NPCs with their own initiative counts.

That's just Great Old One.