How do you undead?

How do you undead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g&t=180s
youtu.be/Ocm8QdNR_d8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best undead I ever played was a mummified swashbuckler who rose the dead. Had sort of a 'good lord chap, how embarrassing. Fall in and maybe I can teach you some discipline in combat, so you don't die again!' feel to him, like some british colonial marine. Once, he got a cape that let him fly and basically cut down an airship with an unlikely series of crits.

Skeletal preferably. And with ALOT of dark humor.

Gotta throw your players a bone no?

I go hard

Hivemind undead are best undead.
>Games Workshop with Nagash/Vamp Counts
>Warcraft with the Scourge
Alternatively as a single character I was always inspired by pic related.

Then I forgot the pic.

>Puns for dayz
>Happy go lucky attitude despite everyone running away from me in horror.
>Lawful Good alignment because lulz
>Creepy AF Phyrexian inspired white parchment covered skeleton.
>Raise and control buttloads of undead bros and talk to them like they're real skeletrons.
>Promote necromancy as the slave labor of the future like a used car salesman.

He looks like he's breaking into song.

AND IIIIIIIII-E-IIIIIIII
WILL ALWAYS HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Some friends and I were gonna do a Skullgirls campaign, but it fell through.

i'd play a campaign like that
what was the system

The right way.

Our GM only really knows Gurps atm so that was gonna be it.

there are those that actually speak to spirits

and there are just those that just control corpses like puppets

I try to do Pony proud.

youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g&t=180s

Non-verbal.

Variable states of decomposition.

Communicate mostly through dance, and chewing on your face.

They've taste for bone related buns.

I really want to play as a lich. What can I do to make this happen? I could get a DM willing to start a game at higher levels, but that sounds uninteresting overall. Homebrewing a mere skeleton just isn't the same.

This thread has reminded me of my desire to play an Undead!bloodline sorceress/vivisectionist in 3.pathfinder

Zombie hivemind born out of range and confusion after the death of their necromancer acting out weird things like stacking swords into triangles or dangling their hands into running streams. When danger shows up hundreds of them erupt from everywhere and bumrush it. Sometimes a red flower is a danger, sometimes a bunch of dudes with guns and armor isnt.

Death knight cultists who gave their souls to the god of mortality hunting down those who would refuse to cross the veil when their time comes. Incredibly mad about people thinking they worship death, they worship mortality and the skulls just look cool. They also fucking love battle and one-upping eachother in suicidal chargers and getting away with it. They also like gallows humour.

Mushroom zombies. Infected by some kind of parasitic mushroom, they turn into thin, wiry undead with meter-long digging claws. They live in colonies numbering in the hundreds in the Green Hell. Luckily, sunlight kills them quickly but on quiet jungle night you can hear them burrowing around. They also build weird little shrines and might be sentient, no one really looked into that.

The wailing steel forest.. An extraterrestial spaceship ago carrying some kind of ultra-advanced intelligent trans-flatworm completely fused to its ship. When it crashed the ship dissolved into grey goo trying to preseve its pilots uploaded mind. For some reason it didnt reform but coated the ancient fern forest and it for aeons. The pilot has been conscious the whole time but understandably went insane during it long imprisonment but still keeps trying to communicate in a variety of angry, fearful and desperate wails, hoping something can eventually destroy it before the heat death of the universe.

A skeleton nobleman who was cursed before he died. Now he is forced to live on and has been alive for nearly 200 years. He was pulled out of a coffin by the other players and pulled along with them until he realized they were the realm's only hope in stopping the BBEG yadda yadda. Point being he hates the rest of the party.

He had no vocal chords and could not talk, he had to charade to the other players. In fact, the player of Duke Roderick Kenneth Arcaster XII (known to the other players as Bonerattle, simply because he can't speak and never got to write anything to the players) would bind his mouth shut and just point to attacks in the book and point to enemies. It was amazing and hilarious.

When the party learned that he was the grandfather of a wealthy nobleman in a nearby kingdom they laughed and still referred to him as Bonerattle because he couldn't do anything about it. The party was all chaotic neutral or true neutral and gave 0 shits about anything, but poor Bonerattle was lawful. He had no say in plans though because he couldn't speak, so he would woefully break the law and backstab people because his party needed him to.

He eventually fell into a pit of lava where he ended his unlife. This was when the party tried to escape the lair of the BBEG. Poor Duke Roderick Kenneth Arcastor XII.

SKELTONS

2 ez

She's 14, why are her hips so thicc?

that's not filia, now THAT'S real thiccc

Every time I look at that picture I notice something new.

>boots are made of decapitated penguins

Accept no substitutes

Dunno about you, but where I live...

So.

Did they ever finish that goddamn movie?

My absolute favorite type of undead is the Revenant.

Either one, really.

youtu.be/Ocm8QdNR_d8

I once played as a mummy who wore heavy black platemail all the time, with long gray hair, and golden eyes in empty sockets out of his helm.

There was a ritual in the early-days of the kingdom where those who were especially needed could have themselves transformed into undead so they could stay for some battle or important event, then let themselves die. Those who were most devoted could choose the path of taking that form to instead serve their feudal house forever. Said knight took it when the feudal houses were united into a single nation, because the future seemed so bright he wanted to know 'how it all ended'

He became immortal, and instead of being a somber guardian he was a boisterous bruiser and eventually was such a nuisance the royals recommended putting him to sleep for a few years so he could experience the future faster.

They deceived him, and he awoke decades later after his family was all dead. He now serves as a military historian of sorts, giving highly colored versions of most of the countries battles and wars, since he was there. He wasn't a legendary hero or a massive asset to them, but he was there. He sleeps in the meanwhile, only coming out for a 'vacation' of a few years at a time every century. Chronologically he's over 1200, but in terms of lived experiences he's only a few centuries old due to sleep.

He also can't 'sleep', except when dead [and doesn't experience time when dead, so its to him just one stream of consciousness] has moderate PTSD, had an assigned theraphist and guardian for the entire game [an NPC assistant].

[cont]

He was fun, because he suffered from massive time abyss, had died numerous times [he revives easily after being killed], and in general was a passionate fierce man with muddied ideals and relentless optimism born of his immortality. His dream is still 'to see how it all ends'. He wants to keep living and having experiences, and nothing else. When the universe finally burns to a simmer and shuts down he wants to be there to turn off the light and lock the door.

Also yes he's essentially a 40k dreadnought in a fantasy setting

Bump

Any interesting Revenant's in fiction?

Because

Creepy, obsessive and dangerous... though not necessarily evil...

N E C R O T I C

With a predator's smile

> Get killed to death.

> But do not die.

Pretty straightforward really. Be sure to show disdain for anyone you kill who fails the second part. Oh sure, they pretend that they don't want you to kill them, but they never follow through with staying alive.

Muscle Joker and The Penguin?

Like this, I guess.

>眼魔礼
Patrician tste.

Eh, Ganmarei is great, but there are other great artists in the similar vein.

Basically like this but as a skeleton that occasionally makes bone puns. Several attempts to kill him have been made (NPCs and players alike) but nobody can find out how to kill him exactly because usually undead still have fleshy bits and the magic keeping them up and about is in their hearts.

He finds it humerus nobody can find where he left his.

In before "oops my noodles fell out"

git gud

Where are your playable skeleton templates coming from? I like this "Awakened Undead" homebrew. Is that the best one?

They never actually call him that, but he must have died at least twice in the first game.

Undead Paladin that cannot use detect evil because of the trauma of his fall. And because he's undead so he can never tell if he is the evil.

Basically a warrior with all kinds of teen angst.