Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Do your armor-wearing characters ever take off their armor? To sleep? To relax? To attend fancy parties? To look good? To have sex?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Vampire Hunter D Setting Supplement: dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire Hunter D Pathfinder Supplement.pdf?dl=0

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/monstrous-races-21-30-rp/trox-28-rp
pastebin.com/jciHsMEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My character doesnt need armor. Her faith and her skill in martial arts defend her better than iron or steel would.

>taking the armor off
>ever

My armor-wearing character only wears the armor for battle or when battle could be imminent. He removes it for sleeping, partying, going to (familiar and safe) markets or shops, attending formal events where armor is not appropriate, and obviously for having sex.

Is that why part of her face is missing?

So why are Drow the best elves?

Anyone tried the Croupier from Gonzo 2?

Since he stays inside it for crafting, most of the party had rarely if ever seen him out of it for a long time - mostly because they didn't bother.

He does exit the thing to modify or upgrade it, to relax (a rare opportunity) or if there ever was some kind of fancy party or sex to attend to.

It's just that no one has invited him.

>Armored Master: The fighter gains an armor mastery feat or a shield mastery feat (see pages 18–19) as a bonus feat. He must meet all of the feat’s prerequisites.
Where does this come from? I can't find any such categories of feats on the archives or on PFSRD.

Probably weren't flagged properly. They're part of the one armor book though.

>First draft on bunnygirl race, henceforth known as Inabin (singular and plural). This is just the basic "tewi" race, and the "veira" race will be a separate offshoot with different bonuses and racial stats. I'm just going to drop the stats currently and get some feedback on that, and not get into writing fluff yet.

Humanoid (Inabin)
Size: Medium
Base Speed: 30ft (normal)
Ability score modifiers: +2dex, +2cha, -2wis
Languages: Standard (common, selection of seven others).
Senses (1rp): Low light vision.
Defenses (4rp): Lucky (greater) - A +2 racial bonus on all saves.

Misc (1rp): Jumper - Inabin are always considered to have a running start when making acrobatics checks for purposes of jumping

Skill bonuses (5rp): +2 bluff, +2 perception, bluff and perception are always considered class skills.

Total racepoint value: 11 RP

>Looking to source some ideas for Viera. Apparently in fluff they have a "magic rage" that occurs when they encounter high concentrations of "mist". They're also fairly competent as casters, and can hear the spiritual "voice of the woods". They also function pretty well as fencers, assassins and archers.

do you guys even play this game

Seems like Veira would have +2 Wis to start with. The same sense bonus, perhaps a magic bonus instead of the Luck.

Bonus to perception and perception as a class skill, but no bluff bonus / bluff as class skill. Loss of luck as well.

What are the stats for a bunnysuit and high heels?

One thing that I wanted to keep from the viera influences is the naturally pointed feet.

But otherwise I'd say they're probably regular clothing & stuff that gives a small buff to appearance at the cost of acrobatics checks.

Living Garments.
>These sheer and silky robes, many of which are made of spider silk, are of the finest quality. On command, a living garment can make a number of subtle adjustments to itself, including coloring, fit, and basic design, accommodating and accentuating whatever mood the wearer wishes to convey.
>It always remains clean, and automatically repairs damage to itself at a rate of 1 hit point per round (hardness 0, 4 hit points). It also grants the wearer a +5 competence bonus on Diplomacy checks.

Why would you ever take these off?

What and how do they eat?

I mean, maybe for a psion who feeds it with leftover psionic energy.

>appearance
Why would you even do this autism?

Where do you think you are?

If its a situation where bunnysuits are coming up it's probably already incredibly autistic and almost certainly magical realm.

Why would you waste money on buying it?

They're enchanted, not actually a living thing.

+5 competence on diplomacy is a pretty good reason

If someone wanted to GM a mix of Shattered Star, Second Darkness, Jade Regent and Rise of the Runelords you will play it?

Give me an idea of the structure, because that sounds a bit loaded. Also chargen rules.

4 aps all at once sounds a bit... overreaching.

>second darkness
DROW
MARRIAGE

The idea is to use the plot of Rise of the Runelords and Jade Regent as main templates for the story.
The campaign will use the first module of second darkness as a starter followed by the second module of Rise of the Runelords. As the third chapter I'll use the first half of Hook Mountain Massacre and the second half of the third module for Shattered Star.
For the fourth chapter a fusion between Jade Regents's and RotR's fourth modules.
The rest of the chapters will follow the same formula as the fourth.

On the rules maybe I'll go the same route as Rise of the Jade Regent.

That sounds really complicated, and honestly it seems like it asks a lot of the players too.

That sounds really confusing especially since Runelord's endgame isn't the same as Jade Regeant end game and to my knowledge have nothing to do with each other.

No biting.

The idea is what if the lamias of Karzoug allied with the Five Storms.

How?

Imagine that the first module for Jade Regent was played by Tsuto and his party.

Which kind of wizard are the most powerful ones?

Conjurers

So people were discussig WBL and crafting shit last thread, and I'd like to ask: How big of a cunt am I for not only playing a crafter, but using the rules for rushing items (+5 DC for halving 8 hours of work)?

Are you using crafting to piece together absurd items and enchantments and not the silly kind of absurd like a wand that creates wands, but the game breaking kind? If not then probably not as big of a cunt as you could be.

I'd need more info than that.

... Mostly in regards to chargen (dunno jade regent's either).

I have nothing to say on the story concept itself (I mean this in a good way), since I've yet to play an AP that wasn't drastically altered at the very least to compensate for not the PCs not being drooling PFS players. I can't imagine that playing any of those straight with anyone here would even work out anyways, so "heavily modified" seems to be as expected.

Just need to know if there's any of the AP players guides we need to read.

In Gunslingers of Porphyra, the elemental gun archetype; if multiclassed can it accept burn for those abilities? Do levels of infusion specialization add together, or does the reduction stack? Would the form infusions gained from multiclassing be allowed, since the elemental gun itself doesn't gain any but also does not say it can't use form infusions in any way?

Do the simple energy blasts that lower damage by a die type also do the same to the gun they're loaded in (I imagine yes)? And can this energy be used to fire technological energy weapons, or only bullet-type firearms? This last part is only a question due to 'charges' being different from 'ammo' technically.

Also, since technological firearms ARE firearms but have no misfire, do they begin gaining one if one applies the firearm modifications in the book?

Also one that user had added:
>How does it interface with timeworn equipment?

Diviners.

They're going to know when danger approaches, and are the most likely to act first in combat.

Pic related. I think he's one of the most powerful diviners in Faerun.

>actually start looking at swashbuckler
>realize I think it actually looks kinda fun, at least conceptually
>realization of what I'm thinking sets in

Shit, fuck, time to abort. I don't want to live this kind of charmed life where swashbuckler is something I look at and think would be fun, but panache is such a neat concept and I wish deeds weren't full of garbage.
>paizo will never unfuck swash's action economy, make charmed life not-shit, let it take weapon training stuff, or give it social talents

Do "you ignore X points energy resistance" abilities work with each other? Like if I'm a destruction caster with penetrating blast and Elemental Focus(from path of war)?

they don't stack if that's what you mean.
If you can ignore ten, and another ability lets you ignore five, you ignore ten.

Human women are depraved.

>Remove Arcane failure rate due to armor

How would /pfg/ feel about this house rule? Would it help mages or hurt them? Would it encourage Martial/Magic multiclassing? Would it make it too strong?

but why

Unoptimized casters would probably be slightly better. Magus would take a very slight hit since they're losing a class feature.

Is it me or is Spheres Invisibility insanely good for the investment? 2 talents for what amounts to a slightly weaker Greater Invis for a spell point for 1/min a Level?

Wizards would put on full plate, grab a shield, and never care again. It would save them a few spell slots and they can afford to max it out since they don't have a weapon. This would let them put on shit like time buttress on there.

They'd now have equal or better AC to the average martial, similar resistances and protection from crits/sneak, while still having the miss chances, the interrupts, etc that already made them tough to do much to.

Make it
>Having proficiency with a type of armor removes arcane spell failure
instead.

Hey all, the LK 2 playtest is being pushed back a bit, had some setbacks and some other issues, but you'll be seeing it soon enough.

So one level dip in fighter for all casters then?

>another dex/cha race

What would it take for paizo to make a rip-off of Brutal Slayer Stalker, but for like, URogue or Investigator? Mainly the Str in place of Dex part of it. Maybe with an additional mental stat portion as well?

Was debating attempting to homebrew it, along with a Perform-based gimmick archetype that could stack, but I dunno. Homebrewing is fun, but it gets sad knowing even if it comes out good it would probably get rejected at most tables.

Yeah, but you can get competence from a lot of sources, and they don't usually stack.

... So that's a body slot item. Djezet skin's an armor slot item. Djezet skin is also a circumstance bonus.

So I know what my next bard is wearing.

All the time. At night he've been caught defending the camp more then once either unarmored or with an hastily don one. Sleeping in heavy armour isn't something he does unless the party is in enemie territory. Part of our spellcaster morning ritual include helping my warrior get into the damn thing. Otherwise he wears rich garments with light armour when in a town or travelling in friendly territory and without armour when attending the ball or other events where being arm wouldn't be appropriate.

So I want to be a giant, hulking beetle man who sets up flank buddy opportunities, is beefy, and possibly shield bashes or grapples a lot. How would I best go about this?

A Halfling Swashbuckler at level 1 can have an AC of 21 against anything bigger than him, with the ability to hit like a truck in return. Just focus all of your Panache into parrying/riposting and you're never dying.

I'd still be a swashbuckler, though.

Yeah but you'd be amazing in, say, Giant Slayer. (this is what I'm running in that campaign)

Well duh a class whose only gimmick is "hit dudes" would be good in a campaign that revolves around "fight and hit dudes". It's the fact it can't do anything outside of that that gets me, on top of all the garbage it has on it.

Thread sure is dead today

Did it die because the realization that only certain people's characters get picked for games set in and destroyed all hope?

Whats going to happen when literally dozens of people don't get selected for RotJR

Is it because we have a garbage animu op instead of a good one?

Finals

Fuck man I just want to make a beetle PC.

I've got a serious dilemma user. I got in to Hell's Vengeance, so if times work out for RotJR, should I still apply, or should I withdraw?

No

d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/monstrous-races-21-30-rp/trox-28-rp

what do you guys recommend as a level up bonus for a wizard

'level up bonus'

Do you mean favored class bonus?

HP.

had the same problem

was considering dropping myself, or lowering my app to 'if other people can't play i'm happy to fill out the roster'

I mean I don't know if it's just me but he's also fairly good at being a face the way I built him, even without needing his Panache for utility stuff.

>pulling out
user, I don't know if you'd be a good fit in either game with that attitude.

Depends, who are you in HV and RotJR

>-2 to Int, Wis, Cha
Fucking why? That's horrendous.
How do you even overcome that?

I was considering dropping from RotJR since i'm in HV

I want as many people to have games as possible, since I have mine.

I suspect my character wouldn't get selected for RotJR anyways

I'm kind of new to TTRPGs so this probably sounds retarded, but why not increase skills?

Well, uh, I'm already in HV? I'm saying since I have the spot already I shouldn't be greedy and take up a spot in RotJR.

That'd probably be the best choice.

Yori in HV, Lilin in RotJR.

Nigga, who are your HV and RotJR characters?

In 'murrica, it's the afternoon on a weekday, right after a holiday, in December. Most fags have work or school shit to do. The rest of us who are disgusting shut-ins probably don't have anything worth discussing at the moment, at least not in any depth.

A lot of the people who got in HV also had really fun, popular characters for RotJR. If side groups really are going to start popping up, then there really isn't a reason to not apply unless you just don't want to have a second game.

Shouldn't she cover up that gaping hole in her cheek? God, I'm gettin' the creeps just thinking about dust getting in there.

a +6 racial bonus to strength and Large Size.

Because as a Wizard you should have 2+int modifier skill points already, aka, an absolute fuckton, and you'll be boosting your int anyways via items and level up bonuses for MORE SKILLPOINTS

And HP is at a premium for you, you have the lowest hit dice, 20 extra HP is as much as a feat for you, without having to spend a feat, or +2 to your con score. Its simply more valuable for you

I wrote some simple passive monster abilities meant to be added onto enemies to make battles more interesting, particularly by making PCs think way more about positioning and prioritising targets.

The idea is that most of them can be pretty common abilities that you encounter every so often. Well, most of them at least, there are a few weirder ones.

What does pfg think? Would you use them in your own games?
pastebin.com/jciHsMEc

Shizuka/Rinka

patpatpat

Who are the people in HV who don't have popular characters in RotJR?

More interested in the Henshin Hero, but sure, might write up a statblock for Venom sometime.

>the majority of the people who got in HV will likely all get in RotJR as well.
I should just give up now

Synthesist summoner?

Well then get together with all the depressed fags who didn't get in and start your own group, with hookers and blow.

Some people are just better at making interesting characters than you.

Well let's see...
Rinka in RotJR is Shizuka in HV.
Song Lilin in RotJR is Yori in HV.
Casimir in RotJR is Tyran in HV.
Khair, Zeldana, and Maxima in RotJR is Sersheon in HV.

I've tried to write a good character for RotJR. How can I get better at it?

Personally, I'm more worried that people like me are gonna be passed over just because we got in late, or because we might not have optimized to hell and back.

>disgusting shut-ins

Only until I have enough money for spring tuition.

It's never going to happen, is it? I'll never even so much as see a minimum-wage interview, never mind a career. I'm going to waste away and die in here before I even turn 30.

Uh, I mean, quick, /pfg/, if all your characters suddenly became monsters matching their general outlook on the world, what would they be?

because I'm completely new to this and am making a character for a game starting soon (1st level) what would be good 20 point buy build for my wizard