Spaceship thread

Can we get a starship thread going? Bonus points for deck plans

Out of my way Tau'ri fucking shits.

Thats a nice Ha Tak you got there.

It'd be a shame if something were to "happen" to it.

Now for some pics from /stg/.

That's a beautiful ship user.

Don't make me kree you.

S P A C E

Source?

Any alien ships that look like they belong to space elves?

>Don't make me yoo-hoo you.

Encyclopedia Astronautica, Soviet design for a orbit-to-orbit cruiser from Earth to Mars

Discuss

As much as I love Horatio, the Lumeris ships () are a wonderful kind of optimistic used-future. They also look like cargo tankers with rockets and guns strapped on

Indeed Colonel O'Neil.

I hope Star Citizen does succeed just so I don't have to see this ugly render of the Idris ever again.

The artist is has a lot of great stuff, including some other great shots of Kronos I.

spacethatneverwas.tumblr.com

Even if it works the best it can do is Medium to High Earth orbit stationkeeping and would only be able to accelerate a craft slightly faster than normal on missions spanning over a decade.

"Realistic" ships or pseudo-aerodynamic sleek cruisers, or bricks? Whcic one is best style?

pseudo-aerodynamic sleek cruisers, because they look cooler, and because they'd actually make some sense in terms of military design, i.e. low frontal profile and armour shaped to deflect light hits.

My theory is that it works by pushing off the Earth's magnetic field, making it useless for long-distance travel, because magnetic fields lose a lot of strength as you get further away from the source.

Realistic to all hell, though that may include a literal 'brick' design.

I want to run sci-fi cold war game now, anyone have more space commies?

The most probable explanation is that it produces thrust by interacting with the atmosphere. The "thrust" produced in hard vacuum had to be measured with a torsion scale, and is most probably the result of experimental error.

Yes.

Whichever aesthetic fits the particular themes of the work they appear in

I really love how the design reflects their amphibious roots, makes it pleasantly Spaceship Yamamoto

Soviet style, blocky and chunky while looking just barely aerodynamic enough that it seems capable of flight

>Soviet style, blocky and chunky while looking just barely aerodynamic enough that it seems capable of flight

The fuck is that

Culture ship