What's a good name for a reptilian humanoid race?

What's a good name for a reptilian humanoid race?

"Lizardfolk" is too generic.

Lizardmen.

kobolds

Reptilinoids

Lizard people

Saurian

Things that incorporate S's, R's, and K's.

Iksar from Everquest is a good example.

House of Windsor

>Look up an old dead language.
>Translate Lizard folk into said dead language.
>Voila, new exotic yet logical name.

Humanoid Reptiles

Homo Ereptile

Viashino

Squamata

>Lézard Folklorique
I'm not too sure user.

Lizard in Latin
> Lacerta

Scalies.

Shashia

the kekians...anything with ks or s really..the krell, the sictors, the sokrets,...something like that. (first one was just a joke)

Fleep floops
Bazorpzorps
Gleep gloops
Floosies
Walalalas
Tootatoos
etc...

Incredible Walking Snakes

Fetishbaitians

Bangaa

mah negroid

Hishou
Raptlings
Cold Ones

Jews

underrated

Sauhuagin, sow-hwa-gin

homme-lézard
or peuple-lézard if you translate literally lizard-folk

Semen

Iguanars.

The United States Government

I like your style.

šutumerim

I still remember being pissed when I played FFXII, and I realised those really cool looking races I saw around were not going to be in my party. Instead it was all humes and one bunnygirl. I mean I get not using the Seeq, but the Bangaa? Not even a Moogle?
Why even bother having those races if you don't use them..

Skink

hillaroos or clintoneers

Yehudim

Weren't they just the races from the tactics advance game? I think it was the same world or something.

Scalybait.

Jios

Sebek
Suchus

Something hard and cracky or hissy, but also short. The concept of "person" is normally one of the first in a language, so it's concise. Unless their language/culture did not rise from the dust on its own, in which case their name might be taken from a lengthier thing they were called in a different language, perhaps referring to their environ, appearance, or locality.

What happened to just calling then sahagin?

or trumplings

Sssses

Same world, Ivalice from the original Tactics.

But that was a humans-only setting back then. It then reappeared in Vagrant Story, still humans-only. Only with Tactics Advance were other sentient and friendly creatures added.

But I think the reason no one is in your party is that the plot was originally set out to be only about the people of that one kingdom with other places being visited in between the political stuff. But then the director and creator of Ivalice was fired. Then the guy replacing him was fired too. So things went kind of awry.

In general beast races only an afterthought in Ivalice, only introduced to be more similiar to Western stuff. The original Tactics was based on some Czech war I think, but then the creator got into DnD big time.

Still, there's some female-only dragon kin, another species of winged humanoids that uses emotions as fuel for magic, dark elf bunny girls that descandents of those winged people and some big creatures that always wear mask.
Each of those was only in one game and never came up after their plot point was resolved. The dragon chicks didn't even get a plot point.

Bangaa

>He forgot the Nu Mou

Everyone always forgets the Nu Mou. Also the mask wearing dudes are called Garif.

I didn't mention the Nu Mou because they at least consistently appear throught the tactics advance games.

What I really did forget were Cat people and psychic elves, also only in XII The not-goblin Baknamy and desert insect people Urutan-Yensa I didn't mention because they're generic evil sub-human cannon fodder.

They really went wild with intelligent races after XII.

hebrews

Don't forget that XII takes place before Tactics, and the Tactics Advance games are alternate timelines.

>before XII, the Occuria shape world history by manipulating humans
>after XII, the Occuria fuck off to space. St. Ajora is born and the Cataclysm occurs.
>things go bad very quickly and the nonhuman races die out one by one
>the world (or at least all of Ivalice, which is a large country in the southern section of a larger continent) falls into a Dark Age
>Tactics happens
>Vagrant Story happens

Tactics Advance and Tactics A2 don't happen in the real Ivalice, they happen in a magical construct locked inside a book called St. Ivalice.

Scale-skins

>Madfall
Welsh may not be dead, but I like it.

Globalists.

We know better now.

goocher

The fact that all that world building was wasted and we got that shitty ff14 mmo instead of Ivalice online will forever make me mad.

Herpeton.

Lizard fellows

Go old Avestan, though it depends how antagonistic you want them.

Here's some I dug up awhile ago:

Xrūra Āh Viz - Bloody Mouth Clan

Suxram Dôithra - Red Eyes

Azhi Dahākha - The Burning Serpent\Serpent Burning

I don't remember where I heard it, but I think lizardfolk is just what humanesque races call that group of reptilian people, because their actual language is unpronounceable without a reptilian mouth.

Humans called them lizardfolk and they preferred that to having their proper name butched by our monkey tongues.

Axolotl.

Koopas

How can they see with their eyes on the sides of their heads like that, when made bipedal humanoids?

The Anole, or The Anole People

It works pronouncing the 'e' or not

Dick Butler

>Gleep gloops
[angry guh-gligga-guh-gug-gah noises]

Lizard in other languages (according to google translate):

Afrikaans - Akkedis
Kazakh - Kesirtke
Welsh - Madfall
Malay - Cicak
Swahili - Mjusi
Greek - Savra
Latin - Lacerta
Finnish - Lisko

Use one of these

>The anal people

Gundersnarks.

It's worldbuilding. Everybody's just completely over them being lizzos so focus shifts to their culture and what they do, and they are fascinated by butts because they only have cloacae.