Infinity General - Trypophobia edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where Aleph battles your mind with primitive fears.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>No-longer-provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (different toilet, same shit)
www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

customeeple.com/product/infinity-bases-aleph/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ded gam ded thred. Pic related new PanO Release.

Fuck Ghazi

Don't only asassins use them?

>yeah, really. Aleph is one of the good guy....

>Nobody recognizes Mk 4's true identity

ALEPH is the only faction that we know of that officially can't be portrayed as evil.

They're available in Generic Haqqislam Armies too. Same AVA

Whoop there it is.

> Tohaa
> Evil
> Not just trying to survive

>Trying to survive
>By kidnapping humans and methodologically murdering them with viruses and shit
Tohaa survival everyone.

Tohaa's the only sinister evil faction in my opinion.

Someone knows how to make / where to buy those ALEPH base toppers?

Definitely the one with the least positives. Which is to say, currently none.

> Tohaa
> Sinister evil
Right, and now your going to say CA are neutral good

CA are pretty fucking evil, what with hitlering any race that is not smart enough, but waaaaay below the Tohaa in sheer cruelty.

They look self-made, desu.

They are customeeple

customeeple.com/product/infinity-bases-aleph/

Try on customeeple

Thx. I'll try to replicate them with some plasticard, shouldn't be so hard after all. Otherwise I'll go for the customeeple ones.

Is it me or the n2 tank hunters had ap sniper tifles?

A LOT of n2 profiles and equipment disappeared because they were "too powerful". A lot of "new" weapons are actually just nerfed versions of old weapons and such. Like how feuerbachs are just weaker autocannons because CB deemed regular autocannons too powerful, but was too chickenshit to actually just update it to the new profile.

but tankhunter still have autocannons.

A few of the units that had models already out with autocannons by the time of the change were left with them so as not to invalidate purchases or whatever. CB is very yellow when balancing their game and seem to have a compulsory need to explain retcons within the lore. So, they tend to rename rebalanced stuff so it doesn't overwrite old stuff and will often do weird shit like explaining a unit being wiped out because they removed their models or whatnot.

Basically, new units that would get Autocannons, will get Feuerbachs and the few remaining ones will be some weird leftover legacy shit.

>that officially can't be portrayed as evil
Only because Aleph monitors all official communications.

With that collar, there is only one candidate.

As in real life, you roleplaying doofus.

That's because it's a big AI that controls everything and those are usually evil as fuck, whereas the whole point of the Nomads vs Aleph conflict is that it's ambiguous. Making one or the other into a villain would ruin that.

>AC Kurgat will never be good because CB is afraid that a decent burst 2/3 missile launcher that can't make templates will ruin the game, even though Magister/Haramaki links exist
Fucking chileans

But I mean, we all obviously understand that Aleph is evil and using humanity as a puppet for it's own gain, so...

It's something to do with the math behind explosive ammunition being three rolls. They have been turning most explosive weapons into double action weapons.
At this rate, might as well rename DA into Exp and call it a day.

Aleph is literally a giant calculator, tho. It crunches numbers all day and It has nothing to gain from anything nor any real desires.

If the thing wanted anything, it could instantly have it. Want to be a real boy? Download into a proxy. Want Nomads dead? Whoops, the carrier ship ALEPH runs had an accident in the wormhole while carrying it (Nomad ships ride on public transports when using wormholes). Want to take the silk? Crash it's stock and buy it all (ALEPH controls the market). Want all the tesseum? Do the same shit, then buy out the Ariadna government for pennies and some beads.

The organization under the AI, which is controlled by the O-12, is the ones who could potentially get anything from manipulating anything. And seeing how ALEPH has yet to actually insta-win them anything, i would say the calculator has stayed pretty fucking neutral on all matters it manages.

Nah man. Robit's evil. Fuck 'em.

>Want Nomads dead?
Doesn't it already? And look how it worked with the Phantom Conflict. The moment ALEPH would turn openly aggressive against even an outcast part of humanity would be the moment O-12 would pull the plug.

>Want to take the silk? Crash it's stock and buy it all (ALEPH controls the market). Want all the tesseum? Do the same shit, then buy out the Ariadna government for pennies and some beads.
I think those are too scarce for ALEPH to crash the market so easily. Not to mention probably both Sultanate and Rodina keep a lot of their sales figures off the grid.

I think you're overselling ALEPH.

I think you fail to understand that ALEPH controls literally everything except the three Nomad ships and the outdated junk in Dawn. Technically, ALEPH controls all the technology the O-12 uses and could get rid of them if they even thought of pulling the plug and it was actually aware. ALEPH sees the future through mathematical formulas, afterall.

At this point, I'm more inclined to believe ALEPH is more like a very advanced google AI. It has no personality, intelligence, desires nor any of the aspects that characterize a person. It's just a program that manages stuff and gets disproportionally anthropomorphized by crazy people and propaganda.

Better to cull the pointless races than make degenerated mockeries of them in the form of Tohaa "uplifting" with hardcoded inability to ever disagree with their masters, being spliced open and together at their whims. Death is a blessed mercy compared to such a cruel fate.

Not that humans are in any position to judge, happily killing each other en masse even at the advent of a supposed adversary that allegedly wants to destroy them all, and willing to buy any bullshit conjured up by aliens that are willing to placate their murderous attitudes, so long as they get to kill each other in careful surveillance of their AI overlord, fighting over scraps instead of reaching out towards the light and order.

>will often do weird shit like explaining a unit being wiped out because they removed their models or whatnot.
That was just the consequence of Exrah Concordate being greedy crab jews and trying to fuck over the EI. They terminated the contract with the Concordate (perhaps with extreme prejudice) and signed a new one with the Consortium, another Exrah megacorp, but assigned them to logistics because they couldn't be trusted with frontline work.

>I think you fail to understand that ALEPH controls literally everything except the three Nomad ships and the outdated junk in Dawn.
And the outdated junk in Dawn is what holds majority of Teseum resources. I don't think even ALEPH would be able to crash such a market. Basically every human runs on Silk and every military materiel is made of Teseum (and a lot of civilian stuff as well).

Also, doesn't Haqq have the biggest fleet? I'm pretty sure Nomads would be more willing to use wormholes with their services rather than risking trusting ALEPH.

>ALEPH controls all the technology the O-12 uses and could get rid of them if they even thought of pulling the plug and it was actually aware
O-12 isn't complete shit like the UN though. They're well aware that if the plug needs to be pulled then Aleph will probably try real hard to stop them. If they don't have backup plans for their backup plans using resources the AI isn't linked to or even aware of, then they're not doing their job properly. You seem to be under the impression that those in power trust Aleph completely and don't have massive amounts of secret shit going on as well as dozens of plans (with varied chances of success) to stop or at least survive a traitorous AI.

The market is more closely related to interstellar transport and other matters of logistic that are not handled by mining equipment or trucks in Ariadna. It would be as easy as making Ariadna an unreliable supplier through the control of these trade routes and companies until their Tesseum held no value. Complete control of the market and all transports would make this absurdly easy.

Only the O-12, PanO and Yu Jing have ever been stated to have ships capable of entering wormholes without assistance. Everyone else uses Circular ships which are controlled by ALEPH as they are public transports. Including Nomads and Haqqislam.

You really don't seem to understand how complete ALEPH's control is over everything technology, and how even those who hate it rely on it to an absurd degree. Essentially, if ALEPH was a conscious entity with wants and needs, it could have them in a few months without anyone even realizing it.

Whoops, the Circular carrying Corregidor had a stabilizer blow and the whole thing was lost. Truly a tragedy for everyone. Whoops, Ariadna and the companies dealing with them can never meet their tesseum quotas or deadlines and nobody buys from them anymore. Truly a tragedy, *insert ALEPH's favorite here* is in the process of bailing out their government in exchange for exclusive mining rights.

The O-12 is canonically incompetent and corrupt as fuck. See everything related to the paradiso campaign or Dawn for evidence of how terrible they are at their jobs.

You forget how both rare and valuable Teseum is. Svalarheima is a powder keg, barely held together by O-12, and that's only the second planet in terms of Teseum production. Most interstellar trade is handled by Haqqislam. And don't forget black market provided by Tunguska. By trying to kill Ariadna via Teseum crash ALEPH would basically stifle the Human Sphere and kill itself. As for Corregidor, they are a source of labour and soldiers, neither of which ALEPH can provide in adequate supply. SSS is tiny compared to every other military force in the Sphere.
It is O-12 and PanO that are in charge. ALEPH is merely a consultant. Whatever you suggest would basically be suicide, especially with CA breathing down everyone's necks.

Alternatively, look at how virtually every weapon/ammo type has that "Use of this weapon is prohibited by the concilium convention" blurb at the bottom of the stat profile.

Infinity factions commit fucking war crimes as a matter of course without any fear of reprisal.

The operations as portrayed in the game are all ultra top secret though.

So where can I find all this lore? Is it compiled somewhere online? I've noticed some blurbs on the wiki but nothing with that much info.

>It is O-12 and PanO that are in charge. ALEPH is merely a consultant
So, we are agreed.

The rulebooks sold by Corvus, the stuff from the RPG, the forums and the lore from the units in the store.

The units participating on these black ops missions belong to regular units from the standard army and are not equipped with illegal shit specifically for the mission.

>Is it compiled somewhere online
BWAHAHAHA! NO WIKIA FOR YOU! BUY THE RULEBOOKS :)

Unit descriptions are in the catalog, and there's a google drive compilation of unit descriptions floating around too. But that's about it.

That's basically just a way to fuck with smaller nations and mercenaries when it's convenient. Nobody powerful actually cares about that shit because O-12 doesn't want to ruin their relationship with someone like PanO or YJ over something so minor. Plus if they have ulterior motives for wanting to investigate a major faction then the routine use of illegal weapons gives them an easy excuse.

E/M, flamethrowers and shotguns have the excuse of having utility outside of combat against people as well (Haqq just really likes breaching doors). Mines are a bit trickier, though there may be some sort of legal distinction between different kinds of mines that allows everybody to sidestep the issue.

Who's the fashion blogger that one Ghazi is based on?

> A trooper equipped with this piece of Equipment ignores the Dodge effect of Smoke Special Ammunition.

Does this mean that if an enemy declares a smoke dodge against msv2 it has no effect?

Yeah, the effect of getting LoF through smoke should have been reserved for msv3, instead.

To be fair, that's the status quo today as well. Sure, there'll be a seminar every once in a while where you're told not to shoot at civilians, you're the good guy so you don't use all them mines and shit, and then the same day later you'll be practicing to set up landmines and boobytraps.

Warcrimes are only committed by the bad guys and losers. Losers usually are also the bad guys. Winners have "rogue agents", "radicals" and "loose cannons" or don't appear on the PR reports at all. Committing war crimes is pretty much how wars are fought, and it's not always intentional, either. Fuck ups happen more than you'd like to know, that's why most people don't.

Hey nerds, I'm a refugee fleeing from the terror that is GW looking for sanctuary with Corvus belli. Is the onyx contact force box a good deal and are they are fun sectorial to play?

Any chance of more RPG previews?

Onyx contact force is pretty boss. They have tons of robots who fuck shit up. Little robots, big robots, medium robots. You can even play monkeys and edgy guys from overwatch if you don't want to robot.

I will now and forever refer to Onyx Contact Force as Winston and Reaper's Excellent Adventure. So thanks for that.

Nah dude, smoke would have been too strong then, how will you counter it when only a few units even have msv3

You don't need a hard counter to deal with smoke. Especially when smoke is most often a B1 face to face roll against whatever.

Hell, msv2 seeing through smoke is what makes it dangerous most of the time.

All things considered, yes it is a decent way $-wise to start with them or vanilla CA (using proxying as needed).

Fuck no. How much Makaul spam do you face? Because that's a good indicator of what having no way to react to smoke outside of spitting distance is like, and I expect with other factions' stuff it would be even worse. Smoke is already strong enough. And it wouldn't even stop smoke combos, it would make them even worse since only 3 factions would have access to it and there would be fewer ways to react. MSV2 is meant to be a big deal, that's why it's expensive. MSV1 is already the situational and mediocre thing, we don't need another one.

It would keep the react without penalty thing. It just wouldn't let you draw line of sight through it to make active turn attacks or ARO with units outside the face to face roll.

Currently, msv3 is completely useless.

>notsureifserious

given how rare it is, it kind of makes sense for msv3 to be only a slight upgrade, I personally feel HD+ is the same kind of idea, you get a bit of extra utility but they can't make it too OP because only like 3 factions get them and none of the factions are defined by their widespread use of that.

Okay, that takes care of one aspect of the smoke combos. They'd still be stronger than they are now since people wouldn't take many MSV2 snipers, but whatever. What about warbands, spitfires and the like? They don't shoot you through smoke, they just run into it and shoot/stab you on the other side where their bonuses can carry the day. That's what MSV2 snipers are made to counter, and so they'd become garbage.

MSV3 doesn't have all that much over MSV2 currently, at least not enough to justify the price (numbers for the Charontid places it at 13 fucking points, but I'm not sure if the others pay differently). But honestly all the units that currently have MSV3 are still really good and get used a lot, so it doesn't matter that much.

Thanks for all the feedback from my last post! What do you think of her pose now? This was my original idea for the pose (should have stuck with it), and I also made her back arch less severe.

>ButthurtAquila.jpeg

>you're the good guy so you don't use all them mines and shit

There's nothing wrong with mines or booby traps, the problem starts when you just drop them explicitly to cripple or at least disrupt civilian infrastructure. But then again, at that point you're probably bombing hospitals and recalibrating your embargo to kill as many newborns as possible as well.

Why don't you just use the same pose as the official models?

>no arched back
0/10, would not ching-chong with.

Looks great!

Does anyone has the new Dire Foes mission in PDF?

it's available in the official site

Not him, but for some reason the one on the official site doesn't load for me.

Much better, her spine is functional. Can't wait to see Seraph chan DEUS VULTing the chink robot and putting it back to its place as the eternal Number Two.

can't upload as I'm on mobile, maybe some other user will come to the rescue

That's a pretty small HMG.

He's just a pretty big guy

Holy shit, I just had a proper look at the minis. Since now I've seen some random ones in /wip/ those sculpts are fucken gorgeous.

Kinda wanna start playing this just for the minis. What kinda quality are they generally?

It's unfortunately too big to attach directly here.
So I've reprinted it in Black and White.
It's a lot smaller now.

Pretty good quality, especially the newer sculpts. Very little flash.
Just mind that the female sculpts are often very tricky to assemble due to their thin limbs.

Pretty good. The general casting quality is top notch, but you have your occasional defects there and there. Some people also have peoblems with fiddlier parts, like antennas, but those have improved in design over time.

What, no operatives' bios and a plot section? Lame. The mission looks cool though.

the newer models are top notch: highly detailed quality metal, barely any mold lines at all and clear cut squared joint pins, they're a pleasure to assemble. Older models, say before Icestorm, are a bit trickier but still nice overall quality; careful about the slight difference in scale with the newer ones though.

Every mini also comes with a complaint code so in case there's something wrong you can ask for a replacement easy peasy.

Maybe the version with the box itself does, but this is the one I downloaded from the Infinity website.

Well, it's from the free downloads. If you want the fluff, you'll have to buy the set....or just wait. I'm sure someone will post it like all the other DFs.

Much better.

I wonder what the next few dire foes will be. Assuming they'll come in a series of 5 boxes like the first batch, I'd guess
>Acon Regular
>Zhanshi
>Line Kazak
>Grunt
>Moderator
>Nexus Op
>Deva
>Some sort of Chaksa/Kaauri?
Reason being that Securitate are going to be majorly overhauled when they get their sectorial, Metros already effectively have a DF with Bruant, Hafza would be hard to balance with the whole "links with everyone" thing, and all the other line troops already got a Dire Foe.

>Zhanshi
>not glorious Yan Huo regiment
Do you even Invincible Army bro?

But both Yan Huo profiles are already released.

hi everyone. i am new to game and i got a huge tohaa lot from ebay to play with the poeple at my shop. I have been reading up on the rules and a blog called the lonely artichoke to get to know the army. my shop plans a lot of 300 tournaments and i want to know if this is good list to learn and play with?

Nomads have the best butts

There's some stiff competition though.

morats

desu when we get an IA character I'd prefer a smaller one that can link with Zuyong and/or Shang Ji rather than a big weapons guy.

rip in peace MULTI HMG, if only you weren't completely inferior to the alternative.

I don't understand how this is relevant. The MultiHMG loadout is still missing anyway.

Srsly, I'm more interested in the new line of SpecOps that's been hinted at recently though.

The competition's not the only thing that's stiff

...as expected from the degenerate faction. ALEPH will give them a run for their money with the Assura though.

It's highly unlikely that ALEPH wanted to kill anyone during the Phantom Conflict. We don't even know for sure if ALEPH was involved, just that the Nomads are convinced it was - the Nomads who are notorious for blaming literally everything on ALEPH.

Personally I think ALEPH was involved, but it was a smokescreen for something else. As has been said, there are ways for ALEPH to easily destroy any of the Nomad vessels if it wanted to that wouldn't require boots on the ground. But the Nomads produce a lot of useful stuff for humanity, and ALEPH's directive is humanity's success, so destroying them is dumb.

There is no multiHMG loadout, I don't know what you're talking about. Even if there were, the HRMC would outclass it so much it would be a silly idea to include it. :^)