How to corrupt your Paladin

Hello, Veeky Forums, I am currently playing a paladin in a game of D&D, and since the rest of the party is Neutral Evil at best, the DM and I have decided to corrupt my paladin.
The problem is, we don't really have any good ideas how.
I don't want to just go full retard "hurr durr I am evil now. Kill maim burn, fuck the paladin code", I want the corruption to make sense and make for a good story of falling from grace.
How do we go about it, Veeky Forums? What are some good non-cliche-as-fuck ways to corrupt a paladin?

Don't become corrupt, become the Rapeman. Find the corrupt and rape the evil out of them.

paladin finds powerful sword that slowly turns him evil etc etc

>Paladin has mercy on a thief
>Thief rapes and murders and entire family
>Paladin snaps, no mercy for anyone
>Even the innocent.

For fuck's sake, Gordon, I am NOT going to rape the Joker.

He's right, you know! Rape would mean I didn't want it.

That sounds good.
Problem is, the rest of the party are murderhobos.
No one survives the encounter with our party.

How exactly is the paladin... with them?

I mean, he might fall just by doing nothing to stop them being evil.

>Even the innocent.
I kind of like this idea.
Maybe he still thinks he's good.
And has just taken the "Kill them all and let God sort them out" to heart.

Paladin realizes that the world is fundamentally unjust, because good and evil are allowed to coexist. Meanwhile, the planes are a good example of how things should be - good is rewarded, evil is punished by damnation and torture.
So, if he just finds a way to, say, kill everyone at once and destroy the material plane, it will not actually be that insane. Good people will go to heaven, evil people will go to Abyss or Nine Hells or what have you, and everyone will get EXACTLY what they deserve.

Sure, sure, you might need to do some questionable choices on the way to destroying the world. Close-minded idiots and fanatics are unlikely to approve. And some of your alliances will be difficult for you. But hey, it's for the greater good. After all, as a paladin, your job is to deliver justice. Who's going to blame you for being efficient at it?

I am trying to redeem them.

And I am failing. Hard. The best I can do is make them murder the bad guys insted of everyone else.

This is exactly why the corruption needs to happen.

This. It feels like this should have been dealt with early on.

Maybe you and he GM could retcon the fall to before the game started, and the now fallen paladin's default modus operandi is to pretend to be an normal upstanding paladin?

See: That attitude might actually be what his deity wants all along. Just depends on who it is.

>I am trying to redeem them.
But I mean, how? Are you like 12x more powerful than them? Gif details.

Because like says, you may have ALREADY fallen, since it's obvious you're not doing anything but help them go to town.

Maybe the paladin sees some people they "saved" in an even more terrible situation, and starts to think they would have been better served by a quick, mostly painless death.

>Who's going to blame you for being efficient at it?
Even if it makes you irredeemably evil, killing all those innocents, a good paladin is all about self sacrifice. What greater sacrifice can their be then your immortal soul?

The deity is a mix between Archangel Michael and Odin.

It's an angelic warrior who gathers other warriors in his name to prepare for the fight with the forces of evil at the end of the world.

>Paladin saves teenager
>Pally teaches teen about all the good stuff of protecting the innocent, right and wrong, etc
>Paladin and Teen part company, feeling that they both grew as people.
>Teen and Paladin meet later, Teen has taken the lessons literally with no interpretations (One wrongdoing sentences a person to death, The evildoers cannot be redeemed)
>Paladin tries to reach the teen again but the kid witnesses a crime and kills the person...turns out they were stealing jewels to pay for children to have a home.
>Paladin sees himself in the teen and loses all faith in higher power and in humanity.
>Forced to kill the Teen because he will not be dissuaded.

Broken, he wanders the world trying to help when possible but afraid to truly take anyone into his heart again.

By making them fight by my side against the greater evil.
The problem is, I am as powerful as they are.

But I am healing the innocent they wound, fighting with them when they want to wound them again, and repeating until I run out of healing.
I am doing everything I can while not sabotaging the party.

If this is the only thing that causes a paladin to fall, he's probably not a very good paladin.

>By making them fight by my side against the greater evil.
Question is, how are you 'making' them do that?

Then you get to the other point of:
If you're implicitly assisting their Evil actions (i.e. not sabotaging the party), you'll probably fall from it.
Since D&D Good may demand that you take a stand to ensure righteousness in your party, or die trying.

So a convenient fall reason would be:
You've constantly witnessed their crimes and couldn't bring yourself to stop them.
You've stopped caring, and now you're Neutral.
Then they show you how to enjoy what you've been missing, since it doesn't matter anymore anyway now that you've fallen, and you go Evil.

The whole "that good men do nothing" thing.

Remember, you can't go from good to evil in a day. You have to go through neutral first. For example, let your paladin lose his compassion along the way. He heard all the excuses and then some, and they were always lies. Eventually, why the criminals did what they did doesn't matter anymore, only that they broke the law. And then it hits you that people are cowards and idiots, who can't and shouldn't think for themselves. That it would be a lot easier if they just listened to you, did what you told them to. If you were in power, it would all be different.

Hanging out with one evil person knowingly is enough to make a paladin fall.

God tier answers.

This is Barik, one of my favorite characters from the game Tyranny.
He is not so much "paladin stock" but he does show a huge amount of loyalty and disipline to his army and general.
During a war his armor got fused to his body and he became a walking honk of metal and pain yet he still carried his loyalty.
But one thing I did find very evil and sad is to abuse the fact that he had his command handed to him and to abuse it by betraying his own army which he views like a family, Manipulating him to stay with you for the greater good, and then watch as at the end his spirit breaks when his own army and general whom is a father figure denounces him as a traitor, and then you are forced to kill his that very general with his help.

Make the Paladin believe that what he is doing is right, and when the right moment happens confront him with something he holds dear that outright tells him what a monster he has become and that he is not welcome and therfore banished. This will outright break him and cause him to view the party as his only safe heaven, starting him on the path of evil.

Ok, but how do I make the paladin think"all who broke the law deserve nothing but death"?
What would make one think that?

Choose people important to you over heroic ideals, even if it means innocents will die.

>Question is, how are you 'making' them do that?

I literally just go to the half-orc barbarian and say "Hey, orc, wanna kill stuff?"
The orc always wants to kill stuff.
And once he's in the fight, the other barbarian joins in and the rest of the party follows.

Put on a helmet of opposite alignment.