The Ultimate Warhammer

strawpoll.me/11816774

Well?

I feel like this will be a pretty forgone conclusion.

It looks as though Veeky Forums almost has a verdict.

I mean, it's pretty obvious it's gonna be 40k. Think about who's voting. It's not just GW patrons, it's all of Veeky Forums. Thing is, a lot of the summer kids come in here through 1d4chan, which is chock full of 40k stories, timelines, and homebrews. In other words, you're gonna have a significant number of voters for 40k who's only contact with GW IP is 40k lore.

Voted for Fantasy. Fuck 40k.

It's winter and if the summerfags are still here they're just fags now. You don't have to like them, and you won't, but they're our family. Sort of.

That feel when you can play sigmar essentially in the upcoming conan game.

Also fuck 40k. Fucking fantasy and even AoS and the goddamn ground marines shit on 40k.

>Voted for AoS
Fix

I was one three years back. Do you realize how disheartening it was to find that literally half the board hates the stories on the wiki? I mean, there's stuff that almost rivals Shoggy's AGP. The Emprahsque, Oinkbane, some of the better HFY stories... yeah, a lot of it's cringe, but then again, it's also our cringe, and that doesn't necessarily make it any less enjoyable.

You won't catch me referencing the wiki directly otherwise though.

Emperor, fuck copycats

There are reasons to like 40k more than Fantasy, such as it arguably being more original as a concept. Fantasy is arguably a bunch of stuff you can find elsewhere and sort of deteriorated over time either because what it borrowed from rose again in prominence or new things came along and took things from it and reached heights higher than it could wish.

>There are reasons to like 40k more than Fantasy
Not all of us are necrophiles.

What is this "Fantasy" you speak of? Perhaps you gentlemen mean Age of Sigmar™? Please do not discuss any other Warhammer titles, except Warhammer 40,000™ and Age of Sigmar™.

CEASE AND DESIST DEMAND
Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code
December 7, 2016
Veeky Forums

Dear Mr. Veeky Forums
:
This law firm represents GAMES WORKSHOP. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.

We are writing to notify you that your unlawful copying of GAMES WORKSHOP's Warhammer Fantasy™ material infringes upon our client’s exclusive copyrights. Accordingly, you are hereby directed to
CEASE AND DESIST ALL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
GAMES WORKSHOP is the owner of a copyright in various aspects of Warhammer Fantasy™. Under United States copyright law, GAMES WORKSHOP’s copyrights have been in effect since the date that Warhammer Fantasy™ was created. All copyrightable aspects of Warhammer Fantasy™ are copyrighted under United States copyright law.

Please note that any and all aspects of Age of Sigmar™ and Warhammer 40,000™ may be freely discussed and promoted as you see fit.

Sincerely,
user Emoos
GAMES WORKSHOP Counsel

RIP WHFB, you will be missed.

It's sad to see that the Warhammer aspect of Veeky Forums is just as bad as ever, maybe worse.

Fantasy was here before 40k. So the emperor copied sigmar.

>Fantasy was here before 40k.
God-Emperor - 1989
God-King - 2015

Guys, we got this thread all wrong. What we should be doing is creating the Uktimate Warhammer setting. What if instead of 3 different settings, we combined elements of all 3 and just made one super Warhammer setting? What would that look like?

This. Pre-smeg Sigmar > God-Emperor.

We liked it when it was new, before it got ran into the ground and then repeatedly dug up by newfags.

>What would that look like?
Like Age of Sigmar.

Shit. I don't want 40faggotry or Smeg in my Fantasy.

>Shit. I don't want 40faggotry or Smeg in my Fantasy.
Relax your Fantasy is already dead and abbandoned.

Not completely. Vidya gave it something of a new life

>smartphones with internet access exist
>summer meme
srsly?