EDH/Commander General

Hatebears edition

Previously on /edhg/: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/saskia-the-token-mama/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zada-goblin-explosion/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/time-crimes/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/favor-of-the-heavens/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fuck-you-gruul-smash/
magicfantasyalters.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the better Breya route, mass tokens or recursion?
How do I keep people from instantly killing Master Transmuter?

The correct route is "Throw her in the fucking trash and play Sharuum"

>Copied from the last thread because it was pining for the fjords

So....I just picked up Atraxa...I got rid of pretty much all my MtG stuffs when I had to move and finish up a semester of college, I still have my old EDH decks but I don't wanna cannibalize them, so assume I'm starting from ground level with the starter and nothing else. How do you recommend building Atraxa and how can I make the proliferate gimmick work well with her?

I assume poison would be a good way, as would sage of hours and sage of fables, Darksteel Reactor is a favorite of mine and I used to run it as a wincon in G/U Ezuri.

For reference I really haven't played magic since the first block of the last zendikar expansion.

Reposting from last thread

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/saskia-the-token-mama/

Any Feedback on this tokens list? I'm getting Growing Ranks and Collective Blessing in the mail in a couple of days. I know I'm missing Doubling Season, but that'll come later if I find myself enjoying the deck.

Any additions you see clearly? Or anything I should cut since it isn't conductive to the plan? I know Iona doesn't fit, but it's a pet card of mine. I'll probably end up cutting it in the end anyway

Any suggestions on the landbase would be helpful too, since I see I'm kind of out of whack with land color ratios on tappedout at least.

Master transmuter is kind of a trap card like elvish piper, the only way to value off it is to invest in protecting it, boots and greaves should both be in the deck, and Thopter engineer is a decent card to have in the deck for the possibility of using a hasty master transmuter

As far as your other question goes, I'm still feeling that out in my Breya deck myself, at first I leaned toward lots of token production, but now im considering trying to rely on Breya more by adding more recursion and flicker instead of token making, because flicker and recursion will potentially serve as token production but also serve other purposes

Just a theory right now though, not sure how it will work in testing

Rolled 87 (1d100)

>pick 4 commanders as below
>roll d100
>whatever it lands on is your next deck

GO

>1-33: Sydri
>34-66: Wort
>67-99: Azami
>100: Animar

Rate/hate?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zada-goblin-explosion/

Good choice, here's my list for reference

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/time-crimes/

Has anyone built Flankman and Mustache yet? I want to try them for some reason.

underrated cards

love this card, and it counts as an insect for my insect tribal.

Speaking of Wort (the Gruul one), is it worth running the token doublers like Parallel Lives in there?

Eh, not really. Almost every single line Ertai has is him being a pompous little prick. Really, he's more like Liliana without any of the likability. He was an awful little shit. "I've been nothing but a snot nosed little nuisance to these people. I can't believe they left me behind! They're my bitter enemies now and I'll stop at nothing t- whoops I died."

Yes. I have Parallel Lives and Second Harvest in mine. Conspiring a Second Harvest with Mirari in the mix and Parallel lives on board is hilarious.

should I build teysa, envoy of ghosts or atheros?

Do you have a list posted anywhere? I want to give her a try, I've gotten bored with my Melek Fireballs build and want to give Wort a try, since she can go a couple of different ways to victory

I'm excite

>mfw building mono-red artifact grave recursion and see this
Yes

YESSSSSSS

The EDH gods have answered my prayers

depends what kind of 99 you want to run

athreos is pretty shit either way though

I'm not

Same problem with Athreos, I'd rather just have stuff in my graveyard

depends on if you're playing duel or multiplayer.
for duel run her as a generic control shell with her as a finisher
for multiplayer run a deck that goes infinite a bunch, throwing in as many tutors and good combos as possible

athreos is best in my opinion for fuck tons of shadowborn apostles, otherwise build teysa tokens.

>Hatebears edition
Cause why should other people have fun?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/favor-of-the-heavens/

Athreos is good if you want shadowborn apostles.dec with access to white, not good for much else though

>for multiplayer run a deck that goes infinite a bunch, throwing in as many tutors and good combos as possible

Can confirm this is the best way to play her.

>40 life format
>whenever one of your artifacts die, target non-moron opponent decides to take 3 damage
Meh

I threw this prototype list together on suggestion to build Borborygmos 2.0, did I miss anything I should be using?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fuck-you-gruul-smash/

The current land base is kind of a placeholder, I'll get it worked out a little more when I've got the non-land straightened out.

Looking for removal options to put in New Omnath. Anyone got any suggestions?

>sac a bunch of shit with Slobad, they take the damage
>Scrap Mastery it all back
This is obviously Magical Christmasland levels but I'm getting turgid just thinking about it

Rolled 81 (1d100)

>1-33: Geth, big mana
>34-66: Saskia, dragon tribal
>67-99: Teysa (newer), Enchantress/voltron
>100: Gisela, run every single effect that redirects damage back to opponents

Which hot meme will take it?

That's actually overselling it

If you ever had enough artifacts or some sort of loop going where the damage would be good, then they would stop choosing damage and give you the artifact back to hand

Effects that give your opponents a choice a really popular with the devs but usually they are completely shit

List?

Are there artifacts that make abilities cost more to activate? In the vein of Trinisphere but for activated or triggered abilities.

its bad.

Your creature curve is pretty high and most of your token producers are CMC 5+. It seems like there's a lot of goodstuff in there that doesn't really fit super well with tokens. Luminarch Ascention is a great card that you're never gonna get the chance to use. It's either gonna get blown up or just paint a big target on your head.

If I can make a suggestion? I've been fooling around with the idea of a Ravos+Tana token and anthem deck. It's in the same colors. Basically just pack in all the most efficient token producers and anthem effects you can. Use Black for card draw and Red for haste. And Saskia could even fit in the 98, because she's not bad for a token strategy.

With what you currently have, I'd definately take out Iona, Clan Defiance, Luminarch Ascension.

>OP here, why is Atheros good with shadowborn apostles?

i'm excited for it in standard, i'm hella building artifact aggro

Suppression Field, but it is an enchantment
Null rod and stony silence are close, but just flat out deny them.

sorry, didn't mean to greentext that

Where ancients tread
Warstorm surge

Idk about artifacts but there's suppression field, which I run in my enchantress deck, and it always surprises me with how much shit it fucks with

Fetchlands are ruined, Azami is mostly shutdown, captain sisay is booty bothered, glen alendra archmage is weakened, and so on and so on

I don't have it online anywhere and I don't have the deck with me now, but if you go to her page on EDH rec you'll get a pretty good idea of what it looks like. Braid of Fire, Vedalken Orrery and Brightstone Ritual are all secret tech.

I forgot the number one best thing it does which is shit on planeswalkers and especially super friends decks

Rolled 86 (1d100)

You're on.
>01-25: Gaddock Teeg
>26-50: Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
>51-75: Treva, the Renewer
>76-00: Blind Seer with only pre-8ED borders

Storm Cauldron. Effective when it's time.

there's some deck that can put like 30 shadowborn apostles in play at once and then you can sac them all and something cool happens

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Sure fuck it why not

>1-33: Slobad sac engines
>34-66: Chainer grave fuckery
>67-99: Dralnu counter and kill all the shit
>100: Sell it all and build Scion Hermit Druid combo

Damn dude

It's fucking terrible. Like I call it the worst 600 dollar deck ever for a reason. I'll reupload it on tapped out when I get my stuff back this week though if you are really that interested.

Wait
Hold up
Does that make Planeswalker abilities cost 2?

>99
I dodged a fucking bullet, shit

>friend playing borborygmos
>swings at someone with borbor and plays storm cauldron, passes the turn
>my turn, read the card and sigh
>use all my mana to tutor and cast malignus and use it with xenagos to kill him
>get killed by the remaining two players because no lands

my gruul stronger ooga booga

Yes it does

And let me tell you, people do not want to pay 2 mana for every planeswalker activation

I'll take it
I'll take 20

>dunking on the table with a billion Saprolings
Ghave rules so hard oh my God

R&D was fucking smoking crank when they dreamt this guy up

now that i think about it, this has actually become a theme in my xenagos games

>an opponent puts down a permanent that is annoying
>tutor for malignus and kill them when they pass the turn

i don't have that much removal in my deck so i just end up removing the player instead

>friend just built Atraxa Superfriends
Welp, I know what I have to get now.

Only problem with the card is that it doesn't effect Ashnod's altar because it's a mana ability

Do you let your friends play with alters /edhg/?

Not if they look like that, but yes, normally

I usually dislike alters but my friend cut his oversize commander foil in half and used the foil art and name line as a sort of horizontal alter and it looks pretty decent

ESPECIALLY if they look like that

yeah.
i stop talking to people with weeb or other trash alters/sleeves/other thing though so that alters my decision towards allowing alters.

That sounds kinda cool. Got any pics or alters like it?

>run lord of heavy metal, rakdos
>if they let my artifact creatures return i'll get etb effects
>if they take the hit to return it to my hand i could probably just cast it cheap or free anyway
>during my opponents turn with shimmer myr or vedalken orrery

no one can destroy The Metal

rakdos is just eldrazi bait.

I don't understand how they're returning to your hand in the damage scenario. Rakdos LoR doesn't let you cast things from your graveyard.

Anyone ready to lose their sanity?
magicfantasyalters.deviantart.com/gallery/

>magicfantasyalters.deviantart.com/gallery/
I'm jerkin it gg

>that creepy voyeuristic feeling of looking at the results of a pubescent teenager's sexual frustrations

this is why i don't play edh with people i don't know.

>"Get rid of X or you lose your whole graveyard"
Anyone ever do this? I feel like I'd become a hero if I used this kind of ultimatum against an opponent who is becoming archenemy. But I also feel that people wouldn't respond well to the brutality of this usage. It's one thing to exile a graveyard, it's another to get them to pull the trigger.

Yeah, he's pretty nuts. But he's a known quantity, so be prepared to get targeted off the table. Ghave is how arms races start.

talking about running
its essentially recursion or bounce to hand take small damage i can use to play things for cheap/free again. its a pseudo loop for artifact creatures.

Athreos was bad for creatures, who are way easier to sacrifice. This card is bad.

>making the tranny your commander
who does that? fetishists?

Is that image a troll, or is there really a combo I'm just not seeing

>Island
>it's clearly a black mage
oh i'm mad

Yes, and?

>Doesn't know Orco

Does this work the way i think it does? I want to put it in 5c general Tazzrie
sorry for bad english, is not my first language:)

The damage is a nice source of recurring damage for cost reduction with Rakdos, I'll give you that, but there's no loop here unless your opponents are trying to help you with their choices.

Repeat after me: opponents-choose cards are almost always bad. If you already have plenty of mana, I'll happily take the 3 damage. If you need the 3 damage to be able to cast something, I won't.

>babby's first troll attempt

>31 pages
this has transcended being some teenager's frustration.

No

You paid 7 mana to counter a spell. I'll take it.

>Doesn't know Lady Orca

It's quite useless. The only reason to use is if you're a poorfag, or it's your gayfu.

>Card that's an auto include in and well built deck with Green in it
>"Haha! I just happen to have the one card that gets around that! Tactical genius hurr!"

the point is i will always get my artifact creature back sooner or later. i forgot to mention id run things like impact tremors, warstorm forge, and pandemonium.

>Wayward /pol/ troll
>Doesn't know a good card when he see's one
Yeah, checks out. Pic related comes next. Seen it all before.

I'm familiar with artifact creature / Eldrazi Rakdos decks, yes. I'm just saying this card probably isn't worth a slot. There plenty of reliable damage outlets and artifact recovery effects that will be what you want them to be without your opponents choosing the effect you don't want at the time.

Wasn't even the point. How about an actual thought on my question instead of "nuh uh, this one card is the perfect answer to that situation". (Which is just what Voidmage is to Krosan). I'll grant you that Krosan is more auto-include than Voidmage, but you still run recursion with Relic.

It's a card that is trying to be Kaalia, but failing.

Seriously, tell me ONE good point that it has that Kaalia doesn't, and that is not a poorfag excuse.

So like, how do I build this? How do I win with this?

Can Mizzix serve as a fun host for clone decks? I haven't played with blue or red in anything other than draft in a long while.

Anyone got a list with this guy? I got a buddy that runs islandwalk, and it ruins my day.

The Atraxa precon is fairly decent, just focus on +1/+1 counters and protecting your commander/creatures and you'll be ok
Also run some counters

how do i get better at politics? i suck at it

My bud's Tier 1 Gosta Dirk deck fucking ruined my Kraken.dec's day, but then I put Sun Quan at the helm and there wasn't shit that bearded faggot could do about my horses.